Jump to content


Why I was banned?!


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

Proximmo #1 Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:05 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 19964 battles
  • 23
  • Member since:
    04-02-2015

Sorry to open this topic here but I don't know anywhere else to ask this question.

 

I played this morning a couple of matches and I say in chat that some guy wrote that I will be banned. 

 

Now I can't log in 

 

 



ChristOfTheAbyss #2 Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:07 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 251 battles
  • 161
  • Member since:
    07-22-2019
What does it say when you try to log in. It gives a reason for you then. 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #3 Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:08 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 4,962
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016
On the top of this page click: "Player Support" then click "My Bans" on the top right of the page. You'll know what's going on.

Bordhaw #4 Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:18 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 14824 battles
  • 4,702
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostProximmo, on 25 August 2019 - 07:05 PM, said:

Sorry to open this topic here but I don't know anywhere else to ask this question.

 

I played this morning a couple of matches and I say in chat that some guy wrote that I will be banned. 

 

Now I can't log in 

 

 

 



Dorander #5 Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:31 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 21025 battles
  • 5,764
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

After following Kuzkina's instructions, would you mind actually sharing why it was? It's potentially quite educational as various people on this forum believe that people never suffer repercussions for any rule violations and it's always nice to have an example on hand :).

 

That said, nearly every time someone writes in chat that you'll be banned, they're talking out of the wrong orifice, players don't have the ability to get you banned unless you genuinely did something wrong (such as physics abuse) and they sent the replay to support, who reacted with rare levels of alacrity.



ChristOfTheAbyss #6 Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:39 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 251 battles
  • 161
  • Member since:
    07-22-2019

View PostDorander, on 25 August 2019 - 08:31 PM, said:

After following Kuzkina's instructions, would you mind actually sharing why it was? It's potentially quite educational as various people on this forum believe that people never suffer repercussions for any rule violations and it's always nice to have an example on hand :).

 

That said, nearly every time someone writes in chat that you'll be banned, they're talking out of the wrong orifice, players don't have the ability to get you banned unless you genuinely did something wrong (such as physics abuse) and they sent the replay to support, who reacted with rare levels of alacrity.

 

I had two players, not in platoon, push me around few days ago. Sent a ticket, didnt expect much. Both of them played their last game exact same time, which indicates they really got what they deserved. Nice to see the system working for once.



Proximmo #7 Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:40 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 19964 battles
  • 23
  • Member since:
    04-02-2015
OK, I undestand all that rules. I didn't broke anything rule that from that I know. Where I can appeal? Where I can get the replay?

NekoPuffer_PPP #8 Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:41 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 33778 battles
  • 3,899
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostChristOfTheAbyss, on 25 August 2019 - 09:39 PM, said:

I had two players, not in platoon, push me around few days ago. Sent a ticket, didnt expect much. Both of them played their last game exact same time, which indicates they really got what they deserved. Nice to see the system working for once.

 

My guess is, now with FF off, the support team is treating tickets a lot more seriously and taking appropriate action.

 

Good! :great:



Dorander #9 Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:42 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 21025 battles
  • 5,764
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostProximmo, on 25 August 2019 - 07:40 PM, said:

OK, I undestand all that rules. I didn't broke anything rule that from that I know. Where I can appeal? Where I can get the replay?

 

If you don't save your own replays, you need to get it from one of the other players in the battle who did, otherwise, you can't.

 

Appeals go to customer support I guess, never actually needed this knowledge before. I think there's a section in the Customer Support page that says something like "I want to appeal a ban" or something similar.

 

So what's the actual reason given then?



EdvinE20 #10 Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:44 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Community Contributor
  • 39352 battles
  • 937
  • [-AEG-] -AEG-
  • Member since:
    06-16-2011
You can write a ticket to support and ask why you were banned.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #11 Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:47 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 4,962
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostProximmo, on 25 August 2019 - 11:40 PM, said:

OK, I undestand all that rules. I didn't broke anything rule that from that I know. Where I can appeal? Where I can get the replay?

 

You can appeal by pressing...

 

"Player Support" ==>> "Contact Support" on the lower right corner.

 

"Rule Violations" ==>> "My account is suspended - I want to appeal"

 

Then you choose the category according to your issue. The replays are in the replay folder inside WOT installation folder.

 

https://eu.wargaming.../article/10411/



Proximmo #12 Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:53 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 19964 battles
  • 23
  • Member since:
    04-02-2015

I already tried that. I can't contact support. Click by click the articles are sending me to the rule page to read once more the rules. So I can't contact anyone to appeal. 

 

I don't save replays also. Never needed to save them...



XxKuzkina_MatxX #13 Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:08 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 4,962
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

You can contact support. If you choose the "Physics Abuse" category for example and press "Continue"...

 

 

You'll see "Create Ticket" when you scroll down...

 



Orkbert #14 Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:12 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 27847 battles
  • 2,104
  • Member since:
    08-29-2013

View PostProximmo, on 25 August 2019 - 08:53 PM, said:

I already tried that. I can't contact support. Click by click the articles are sending me to the rule page to read once more the rules. So I can't contact anyone to appeal. 

 

I don't save replays also. Never needed to save them...

 

Several people in this thread have already asked what the message says when you try to log in.

 

Now you can of course refuse to tell us but then don't expect us to be able to come up with an answer to your question.



_snowfIake__ #15 Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:38 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 28341 battles
  • 720
  • Member since:
    08-16-2012

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 25 August 2019 - 07:08 PM, said:

On the top of this page click: "Player Support" then click "My Bans" on the top right of the page. You'll know what's going on.

 

I was really hoping they would have my ban history. They don't.... I've been banned for almost a year once, 6 months twice, 3 months at least twice, one month/week/a few days/hours more than I can remember. And had my nickname removed twice. Though I haven't had a ban all Summer. Must be losing interest in this game  :D



XxKuzkina_MatxX #16 Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:42 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 4,962
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View Post_snowfIake__, on 26 August 2019 - 12:38 AM, said:

I was really hoping they would have my ban history. They don't.... I've been banned for almost a year once, 6 months twice, 3 months at least twice, one month/week/a few days/hours more than I can remember. And had my nickname removed twice. Though I haven't had a ban all Summer. Must be losing interest in this game  :D

 

Banned from the game or the chat? :ohmy:



_snowfIake__ #17 Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:47 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 28341 battles
  • 720
  • Member since:
    08-16-2012

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 25 August 2019 - 08:42 PM, said:

 

Banned from the game or the chat? :ohmy:

 

Game. I used to be naughty a lot.



XxKuzkina_MatxX #18 Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:51 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 4,962
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View Post_snowfIake__, on 26 August 2019 - 12:47 AM, said:

Game. I used to be naughty a lot.

 

Jeez!

You know what, eat all the pie and ice cream you want. Apple pie and vanilla ice cream for breakfast, lunch and dinner. :D



Homer_J #19 Posted 25 August 2019 - 10:26 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31999 battles
  • 35,160
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostProximmo, on 25 August 2019 - 08:53 PM, said:

I already tried that. I can't contact support. .

 

You can check what it says when you try to log in.

 

You can check your email where there will be an explanation of your ban.

 

You can check the "my bans" section of the support site.

 

Any of those will tell you why you were banned.



TheComfyChair #20 Posted 25 August 2019 - 11:50 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 8891 battles
  • 1,213
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-20-2017
I have also been the victim of injustice and I will have my revenge. Might wait a few years though...maybe have a holiday, try and work out which order the marvel films are in, buy a whittling stick and make ships in bottles. … on a side note don't they tell you when you have been naughty, both times I got hit with the W o T stick I received an email. 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users