Private

• Player
  • 22824 battles

Last 7 days:

138 battles

Wins: 51

That's an impressive 36,96%

OH  MY [edited]GOD!!!!!!

I'm by no means a unicum, but my WN8 have been on average 1173 in those games. 

My WR was going up over the last couple of months before last friday hit and it was up to 51,95% .. Now over 138 battles from over 22k games it's down to 51,79%

Yesterday I started out with 8 [edited]losses in a STA-1 before I finally managed to get my x5 in game #9

And yes, I could just play better... But it's freaking impossible, when my teams always get behind 1-7 within the first 3 minutes of the game!!

FIX IT!!!!!!!!!

Nethraniel #2 Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:02 PM

Major

• Player
  • 14521 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Last 7 days:

93 battles

Wins: 56

That's an impressive 60.22%

OH MY [edited]GOD!!!!!!

So what now?

Leadfire #3 Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:27 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7868 battles

View PostDevon77, on 25 August 2019 - 07:45 PM, said:

And yes, I could just play better... But it's freaking impossible, when my teams always get behind 1-7 within the first 3 minutes of the game!!

You playing better is not team dependent.

FrantisekBascovansky #4 Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28127 battles

Last 7 days:

448 battles, 62,28% WR

and I play like a donkey with tanks I don't like, because of x5

but many times MM pisses me off

OH  MY [edited]GOD!!!!!!

ChristOfTheAbyss #5 Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 251 battles
Your average tier is 8,2 ish and you do 1,2k damage. You need to get that damage to something like 1,8-2,2 range. Focus on that and wins will come. 

IntruderFI #6 Posted 26 August 2019 - 10:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48463 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostDevon77, on 25 August 2019 - 10:45 PM, said:

Last 7 days:

138 battles

Wins: 51

That's an impressive 36,96%

OH  MY [edited]GOD!!!!!!

I'm by no means a unicum, but my WN8 have been on average 1173 in those games. 

My WR was going up over the last couple of months before last friday hit and it was up to 51,95% .. Now over 138 battles from over 22k games it's down to 51,79%

Yesterday I started out with 8 [edited]losses in a STA-1 before I finally managed to get my x5 in game #9

FIX IT!!!!!!!!!

When you think you are having a bad win streak in your own mind you are saying you are going to lose this anyway so why bother.

You talk about WN8 which means absolutely nothing how about you talk about average damage you done during those games.

This is the ONLY number that says how well YOU are performing in the battles.

If you can't even carry your own weight how you expect the team to carry you all the time?

But of course its the fault of MM, nothing to do with yourself at all?

But since you are talking about WN8 i went to look, your WN8 has been on downward spiral for a time now.

What changed?

Playing different tank that is not suitable for you?

Or you really trying to blame MM for the past 2 months?

Edited by IntruderFI, 26 August 2019 - 10:19 AM.

Devon77 #7 Posted 26 August 2019 - 03:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22824 battles

View PostIntruderFI, on 26 August 2019 - 09:16 AM, said:

When you think you are having a bad win streak in your own mind you are saying you are going to lose this anyway so why bother.

You talk about WN8 which means absolutely nothing how about you talk about average damage you done during those games.

This is the ONLY number that says how well YOU are performing in the battles.

If you can't even carry your own weight how you expect the team to carry you all the time?

But of course its the fault of MM, nothing to do with yourself at all?

But since you are talking about WN8 i went to look, your WN8 has been on downward spiral for a time now.

What changed?

Playing different tank that is not suitable for you?

Or you really trying to blame MM for the past 2 months?

First up, I came back to wot like 4-5 months ago after having been gone for over 2 years.. So yes, my ratings are dropping from where they were 2,5 years ago..

And I will say this, like I've written in this forum before: 

With 90% certainty I can say BEFORE the battle, who will win. Put 2 unicums and 5 good players on the opposite team, and give my team 10 tomatoes, and it's a clear loss before we even start.

And then it's freaking hard doing my damage, when we are down 1-7 before 2 minutes have gone.. Whether you want to admit it or not.

Secondly it's not only me who's noticed this. I've started to notice that other good players on my team, will roll directly out to die, just to start a new game with another tank. Just yesterday we were 2 good players on my team - me (ups?) and an obj 704.. The opposite team had 1 unicum and 7 green players.

The obj 704 ran directly into the middle of the map and died as the first. And then it was 0-8 as a score before 2 minutes had past. Am I then supposed to 'handle my weight' and win the battle?? I don't think that's possible!

WG has ratings for ALL of the players.. Wtf are they not using it, to put equal amount of bad and good players on each team?!?

It's MUCH more important than having same type of tanks on each time!!

A unicum in a T34 will outperform a tomato in an E100 every single day.

And as a third thing, now that I am speaking my mind.. Wheeled tanks will be the death of me in this game. YEsterday the opposite team had one of the EBR 75 thingies, and he ran right into between 5 of our tanks and drove around and out again - without anyone being able to hit him.. And every time I do hit one, it's just a crit hit which does nothing to a wheeled.. 
Give me an option to play with/without F1 cars on my battlefield please!

Bordhaw #8 Posted 26 August 2019 - 03:46 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14824 battles

View PostDevon77, on 26 August 2019 - 02:20 PM, said:

With 90% certainty I can say BEFORE the battle, who will win. Put 2 unicums and 5 good players on the opposite team, and give my team 10 tomatoes, and it's a clear loss before we even start.

Block Quote

– Why won’t there be skill-based matchmaking?

– Andrey Biletskiy: As you probably know, people sometimes break out on ranked battles. They blame ranked battles for being super thick, nervous, and so on. And it is Ranked Battles that are the closest implementation of skill-based matchmaking. To be honest: based on the popularity of Ranked Battles, I don’t see the need to introduce something like that.

Again – it’s all about a multitude of experiences, sometimes being the winning side, sometimes losing, so that players can try to turn the tide of battles. Lack of skill MM also gives interesting opportunities to measure the performance of players relative to others. What we observed in the rankings – the winrate of all players was very close to 50%. This way no player will ever feel that he is getting better, he will not feel the fun of developing. Switching to skill matchmaking would force us to copy League of Legends with their league and rank system and I’m not sure if it would be a solution for our game that would maintain this contrasting, varied gameplay.

So for now – even on the front line, we confront players based on their experience in this mode, but although maybe in the future we will introduce some skill MM elements into different modes, the randoms should remain random.

Edited by Bordhaw, 26 August 2019 - 03:49 PM.

Devon77 #9 Posted 26 August 2019 - 03:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22824 battles

View PostBordhaw, on 26 August 2019 - 02:46 PM, said:

And I don't even have xvm's win chance showing.. Just the rating of the 30 players.. 

Just played 3 games and closed the game for today. 2 big losses - 5/15 and 3/15.. And a big 15/2 win.

Boooooooooooooooring.

Fix the damn MM.. It's not that hard. Yes it means we all get about 50% win rate, but it'll give a lot more fun to all the battles and if you want to see who's a better player, look at stats, not at win rate.

Homer_J #10 Posted 26 August 2019 - 04:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31999 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDevon77, on 26 August 2019 - 03:50 PM, said:

it'll give a lot more fun to all the battles 

I don't see how it will.

If you always have a 50% chance to win won't that be more boring?

As if they hadn't already made the matchmaking boring enough with same numbers of TDs etc on each team and a maximum of only 3 tiers of tanks.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #11 Posted 26 August 2019 - 04:28 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33818 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

Last 7 days:

70 battles

Wins: 42

That's an impressive 60.00%

Can I haz cookie?

View PostDevon77, on 25 August 2019 - 08:45 PM, said:

FIX IT!!!!!!!!!

Actually, playing better would sort your issue out quite well. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

View PostDevon77, on 26 August 2019 - 03:50 PM, said:

Fix the damn MM.. It's not that hard. Yes it means we all get about 50% win rate, but it'll give a lot more fun to all the battles and if you want to see who's a better player, look at stats, not at win rate.

Actually it wouldn't fix anything, you'd still get those steamroll wins/losses and we already know who the better players are, the ones that win more even with the current MM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users