Jump to content


Arty, Gold ammo, MM, cheats......are things i either don't care about


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Jethro_Grey #1 Posted 26 August 2019 - 02:44 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4380 battles
  • 657
  • [KAIN] KAIN
  • Member since:
    08-01-2015

...are things i either don't care about or i do know that they have no Impact on the game. 

I am afraid the title was a bait.

 

But now that i have your undivided attention, i'd like to ask a question regarding an issue i've never encountered before.

 

Yesterday, i was visiting a friend and we played a few games on her PC. 

I was sitting in an VK 75.01, sidescraping behind a rock when an enemy light tank zoomed by and i blasted him.

Or so i thought. The Shell went right through him and did no damage. No notification that it bounced or anything.

 

The pin was good, frame rate also. Since it seems to have bneen an isolated incident, i am curious so my Question is, did it happen to someone else too? I never had anything like that before.

 

Server issue? Lag spike that didn't Register? Russian black hole armour that sucks Shells in instead of deflecting them? 

 

 


Edited by DarkAri, 26 August 2019 - 05:06 PM.
Title of topic edited


Ragnaguard #2 Posted 26 August 2019 - 02:49 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 56316 battles
  • 803
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA
  • Member since:
    01-07-2013

View PostJethro_Grey, on 26 August 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

...are things i either don't care about or i do know that they have no Impact on the game. 

I am afraid the title was a bait.

 

But now that i have your undivided attention, i'd like to ask a question regarding an issue i've never encountered before.

 

Yesterday, i was visiting a friend and we played a few games on her PC. 

I was sitting in an VK 75.01, sidescraping behind a rock when an enemy light tank zoomed by and i blasted him.

Or so i thought. The Shell went right through him and did no damage. No notification that it bounced or anything.

 

The pin was good, frame rate also. Since it seems to have bneen an isolated incident, i am curious so my Question is, did it happen to someone else too? I never had anything like that before.

 

Server issue? Lag spike that didn't Register? Russian black hole armour that sucks Shells in instead of deflecting them? 

 

 

now that u got our attention , learn that we do not care...

 

called ghost shells btw and u can do a casual research on google , they r featured even in QB's channel! have fun and  next time  get the correct tittle,,

 

And gratz, because u like to troll (by lets say wrong title), enjoy a report!



Bordhaw #3 Posted 26 August 2019 - 02:55 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 14894 battles
  • 4,882
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostJethro_Grey, on 26 August 2019 - 01:44 PM, said:

...are things i either don't care about or i do know that they have no Impact on the game. 

I am afraid the title was a bait.

 

But now that i have your undivided attention, i'd like to ask a question regarding an issue i've never encountered before.

 

Yesterday, i was visiting a friend and we played a few games on her PC. 

I was sitting in an VK 75.01, sidescraping behind a rock when an enemy light tank zoomed by and i blasted him.

Or so i thought. The Shell went right through him and did no damage. No notification that it bounced or anything.

 

The pin was good, frame rate also. Since it seems to have bneen an isolated incident, i am curious so my Question is, did it happen to someone else too? I never had anything like that before.

 

Server issue? Lag spike that didn't Register? Russian black hole armour that sucks Shells in instead of deflecting them? 

 

 

 



Balc0ra #4 Posted 26 August 2019 - 02:59 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 72848 battles
  • 20,704
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Simply put it. The game is server run. So what you see on your screen is a delayed reaction if you will, inc the shell. Thus why tanks always blow up before the shell hits them. So vs a moving target with high enough speed. The client might show the shell hitting the target at the front wheel. But on the server the shell is already past the tank etc.

 

 



Dorander #5 Posted 26 August 2019 - 03:01 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21025 battles
  • 6,032
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012
Got a replay? Most of these cases when reviewed tend to show a very close shot passing by the tank or in some unlikely location such as between the back of the turret and the hull. Ghostshell is another explanation especially if the tank was a speedy wheelie, I frequently have to lead my shot a lot more than I expect on those. Reaction shots on wheeled vehicles at close range nearly always miss.

Jethro_Grey #6 Posted 26 August 2019 - 03:24 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4380 battles
  • 657
  • [KAIN] KAIN
  • Member since:
    08-01-2015

View PostRagnaguard, on 26 August 2019 - 02:49 PM, said:

now that u got our attention , learn that we do not care...

 

called ghost shells btw and u can do a casual research on google , they r featured even in QB's channel! have fun and  next time  get the correct tittle,,

 

And gratz, because u like to troll (by lets say wrong title), enjoy a report!

 

Reports, another thing i don't care about, but if it makes you feel better using the small mans only way to project power over a insignificant matter, you're welcome! :)

 

View PostBalc0ra, on 26 August 2019 - 02:59 PM, said:

Simply put it. The game is server run. So what you see on your screen is a delayed reaction if you will, inc the shell. Thus why tanks always blow up before the shell hits them. So vs a moving target with high enough speed. The client might show the shell hitting the target at the front wheel. But on the server the shell is already past the tank etc.

 

 

 

Thanks for the answer! 

Things like that i've only encountered so far when playing on NA and had lag and a rather high ping, never when the ping was low and stable. 

 

I started this thread, because WoWS introduced a few bugs a couple of patches ago where perfectly aimed shots would fall short by a significant margin or shots would pass through a ship dealing no damage, which still isn't fixed yet but at least the source is known to be a desync between Server and Client where the target ship would render in places it ain't anymore. 

I wasn't aware of that as i took a break of almost a year from WG titles.

 

So i assumed, it's either something similar in WoT or i had an lag spike that wasn't registered (not sure how short a spike has to be to not get registered or if that's possible at all in WoT). 

 

View PostDorander, on 26 August 2019 - 03:01 PM, said:

Got a replay? Most of these cases when reviewed tend to show a very close shot passing by the tank or in some unlikely location such as between the back of the turret and the hull. Ghostshell is another explanation especially if the tank was a speedy wheelie, I frequently have to lead my shot a lot more than I expect on those. Reaction shots on wheeled vehicles at close range nearly always miss.

 

I ask her if she has replays enabled. 

 

I wouldn't say it was a perfectly aimed shot at the TVIII russian light tank (LTTB, iirc?) as i didn't expect him to zoom by.

I was trading shots with an IS 3 at the time, so when he zoomed by i snapped a shot off in his back and according to the visual feedback, it passed right through him. I honestly never had that in WoT, cause most of these shots in the past were misses, hits or riccochets. 

 

And since i haven't played WoWS in almost a year (just recently started again) and WoT maybe even longer, i am not up to date on newly introduced bugs unless i run into them. 

 

 

Anyways, thanks for your replys guys! 

 


Edited by Jethro_Grey, 26 August 2019 - 03:25 PM.


Homer_J #7 Posted 26 August 2019 - 03:25 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 32362 battles
  • 35,392
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostJethro_Grey, on 26 August 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

.

 

 Lag spike that didn't Register? 

 

 

The in game packet loss and ping indicators are pretty unreliable.

 

Try pulling your network connection mid game and you will see.

 

What you saw was a feature of online gaming.  What you see is never exactly what the server sees.  Games using hitscan weapons can mitigate it to an extent but WoT has entirely projectile weapons.



Balc0ra #8 Posted 26 August 2019 - 03:32 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 72848 battles
  • 20,704
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostHomer_J, on 26 August 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

The in game packet loss and ping indicators are pretty unreliable.

 

iirc, is not the ping just for the login sever vs anything else you might be using?



Jethro_Grey #9 Posted 26 August 2019 - 03:36 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4380 battles
  • 657
  • [KAIN] KAIN
  • Member since:
    08-01-2015

View PostHomer_J, on 26 August 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

The in game packet loss and ping indicators are pretty unreliable.

 

Try pulling your network connection mid game and you will see.

 

What you saw was a feature of online gaming.  What you see is never exactly what the server sees.  Games using hitscan weapons can mitigate it to an extent but WoT has entirely projectile weapons.

 

Thx!

I decided to trust you guys and will not attempt to pull the plug on my connection during a running game to avoid all the rage that usually follows in chat after a game. ^^



unhappy_bunny #10 Posted 26 August 2019 - 03:50 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 19808 battles
  • 3,526
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View PostRagnaguard, on 26 August 2019 - 01:49 PM, said:

now that u got our attention , learn that we do not care...

 

called ghost shells btw and u can do a casual research on google , they r featured even in QB's channel! have fun and  next time  get the correct tittle,,

 

And gratz, because u like to troll (by lets say wrong title), enjoy a report!


You do realise that calling another player a troll is against the forum rules?

Also threatening to make a report is likewise against the rules.

 

Therefore the score is 2-1 to Jethro.



Homer_J #11 Posted 26 August 2019 - 04:21 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 32362 battles
  • 35,392
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostBalc0ra, on 26 August 2019 - 03:32 PM, said:

 

iirc, is not the ping just for the login sever vs anything else you might be using?

 

It's not that, if you pull your network cable out you would expect to see 999 ping but what happens is it just freezes at the latest value.  Which suggests it only updates when you get a complete round trip.  I have also had a green packet loss light while being completely disconnected.



NUKLEAR_SLUG #12 Posted 26 August 2019 - 04:36 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34085 battles
  • 4,415
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
You can have a lovely low ping, but still be spewing packets all over the place. Connection quality matters as much if not more than a low ping. You can learn to account for latency, rubberbanding enemies are another matter entirely.

Warzey #13 Posted 26 August 2019 - 04:53 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 59820 battles
  • 1,043
  • [GOOFY] GOOFY
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011

Also if you're not using server crosshair it is possible for client and server crosshair to miss align especially when you're wildly swinging your camera around (of course you won't notice that in-game).

On a side note, why is title totally unrelated to the actual topic?



jack_timber #14 Posted 26 August 2019 - 05:56 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 40279 battles
  • 3,243
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

Yep ghost shells are the answer, fully aimed shots shell just disappears into the ether. Dont mind them to much when it's Halloween though...:)

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users