Campain missions that involve my team more than it involves me are a bore and add little to the game...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

thetopcat #1 Posted 26 August 2019 - 04:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27221 battles
  • [EVITA] EVITA

I'm tired of trying to complete missions like:

1. Spg-5 (enable your allies to cause 2700HP of damage to enemy vehicles by stunning or immobilizing them)
  2. Spg-15 (enable your allies to cause 3200HP of damage to enemy vehicles by stunning or immobilizing them + finish first on the team for xp)

Where i rely completely on my team to finish the mission. Not helped by the fact that after i stun someone 1s later the stun is gone because of med kits. 
Perhaps many people who are playing arty only do so because you made the missions such a ball ache to complete and if they had an objective i could activly do to finish it less people would be in the matchmaking queue in arty (would be a benefit to everyone who is playing against arty) 

I'm aware that these kinds of missions are not exclusive to spg but its one of the most disliked classes and i feel many players only play the class for missions so having them more skill based to comlete would be of benefit to all. 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 26 August 2019 - 04:19 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34552 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
You reload way faster than their medkit cooldown so that's not a concern. You just need to be smart about your shots.

Schepel #3 Posted 26 August 2019 - 04:21 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 66456 battles

View Postthetopcat, on 26 August 2019 - 04:17 PM, said:

I'm tired of trying to complete missions like:

1. Spg-5 (enable your allies to cause 2700HP of damage to enemy vehicles by stunning or immobilizing them)
  2. Spg-15 (enable your allies to cause 3200HP of damage to enemy vehicles by stunning or immobilizing them + finish first on the team for xp)

Where i rely completely on my team to finish the mission. Not helped by the fact that after i stun someone 1s later the stun is gone because of med kits. 
Perhaps many people who are playing arty only do so because you made the missions such a ball ache to complete and if they had an objective i could activly do to finish it less people would be in the matchmaking queue in arty (would be a benefit to everyone who is playing against arty) 

I'm aware that these kinds of missions are not exclusive to spg but its one of the most disliked classes and i feel many players only play the class for missions so having them more skill based to comlete would be of benefit to all. 

Literally some of the easiest missions to complete. Shoot tanks that are being shot at. Preferably multi stun. Profit.

I know arty is brain damaging, but seriously, try and think for yourself for a second.

thetopcat #4 Posted 26 August 2019 - 04:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27221 battles
  • [EVITA] EVITA

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 26 August 2019 - 03:19 PM, said:

You reload way faster than their medkit cooldown so that's not a concern. You just need to be smart about your shots.

Normally the enemy is dead before 30s have passed by

View PostSchepel, on 26 August 2019 - 03:21 PM, said:

Literally some of the easiest missions to complete. Shoot tanks that are being shot at. Preferably multi stun. Profit.

I know arty is brain damaging, but seriously, try and think for yourself for a second.

Which arty did you use? Im stuck on spg-15 have been for a while.  

NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 26 August 2019 - 04:46 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34552 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Postthetopcat, on 26 August 2019 - 04:38 PM, said:

M53/55 is good for all arty missions.

Schepel #6 Posted 26 August 2019 - 07:34 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 66456 battles

View Postthetopcat, on 26 August 2019 - 04:38 PM, said:

Normally the enemy is dead before 30s have passed by

Conq Gun Carriage. Full CW load out.

I was about to upload the replay, but I did it so long ago it was prior to the big arty nerf. I met the requirements afterwards as well, it really isn't THAT special, but it just takes playing until the stars align. Pretty much like the other missions. Having completed all -15 missions, the SPG one was by far the easiest for me. YMMV, obviously.

Pansenmann #7 Posted 26 August 2019 - 07:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36465 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I did most of arty missions with either tier 6 (AMX 13 F3) or the tier9 french one,

simply because I have none else that have good crew.

snowlywhite #8 Posted 27 August 2019 - 09:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26158 battles

arty missions should be easier than they are right now. And yes, I agree they are already the easiest mission sets.

but, a lot of ppl. play arty only because they have to. Make them even  easier and it'll be less arty. It still requires a lot of stars to align to complete them with honours. I'm "stuck"(ok, wrong word - stars didn't align so far) at 15 for t55 for a while. Dmg/assist are ok, finishing 1st... not really.

p.s. - yes, I'm probably a mediocre arty player. No, I don't want to be an expert arty player. Yes, I hate playing arty. I find the arty "gameplay" a total bore; so let us finish very fast...

PowJay #9 Posted 27 August 2019 - 10:09 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 40572 battles

I am only playing SPGs because of the missions. ONLY. I hate playing it and with the average battle performance I wonder that I have done any of them. I did complete all the way up to the T-55a-15 before stunning was introduced- and how glad am I!!!

I completed eight of the Object missions "With Honours". This does not included SPG-15-4. Until the introduction of the Second Front, I thought I'd never play SPGs again. Fortunately, the only SPGs I had were UK and US which are the only ones required for Primary objectives. I did buy the SU-8 and used it solely for the mission to damage enemy SPGs. With LTs and MTs I was on course to need over 100 battles to do this (3,000 HP) mission at the time, but with counter-battery fire I had it done quite quickly. I have considered buying a German SPG (GWP) for Bloc Secondary objectives, but NO WAY.

I continue to play the FV3805 to get the Conq GC, but I am in no rush. I only play this when I really just fancy sitting back and clicking- such as when I am eating a sandwich at lunch time. I really get NO pleasure from playing this or the M53/55 in most battles. I would NOT be playing this class at all today were it not for mission objectives.

One thing to consider is stock guns. This was my SPG-15-4 mission. I WILL ADD IT LATER. THERE APPEARS TO BE AN ISSUE WITH WoT REPLAYS.

thetopcat #10 Posted 27 August 2019 - 10:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27221 battles
  • [EVITA] EVITA

View PostPowJay, on 27 August 2019 - 09:09 AM, said:

I am only playing SPGs because of the missions. ONLY. I hate playing it and with the average battle performance I wonder that I have done any of them. I did complete all the way up to the T-55a-15 before stunning was introduced- and how glad am I!!!

One thing to consider is stock guns. This was my SPG-15-4 mission. I WILL ADD IT LATER. THERE APPEARS TO BE AN ISSUE WITH WoT REPLAYS.

Same.
Yeah i think thats a good idea too, been trying the 212A with the stock gun for stuns atm 

Edited by thetopcat, 27 August 2019 - 10:43 PM.

NekoPuffer_PPP #11 Posted 27 August 2019 - 10:48 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34927 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

OP, get a tier 10 arty, enable Grand Battles, and play when there's lots of players online (evenings). Just look around the map and save your shots until you find 2-3(or more) tanks together. Lob a shell their way and hope you get lucky. Also try to ask your allied arty for help, they will damage the tanks you stun if they're willing. If they don't wanna cooperate...keep an eye on their reload pings (if they ping at all) and where they're aiming. This is a bit sneakier but it works just as well.

That's how I completed all of the hardest arty missions with honors (and I mean ALL, 60/60 honors in first campaign). I used a T92 btw.

thetopcat #12 Posted 28 August 2019 - 01:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27221 battles
  • [EVITA] EVITA

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 27 August 2019 - 09:48 PM, said:

OP, get a tier 10 arty, enable Grand Battles, and play when there's lots of players online (evenings). Just look around the map and save your shots until you find 2-3(or more) tanks together. Lob a shell their way and hope you get lucky. Also try to ask your allied arty for help, they will damage the tanks you stun if they're willing. If they don't wanna cooperate...keep an eye on their reload pings (if they ping at all) and where they're aiming. This is a bit sneakier but it works just as well.

Good idea. I have the obj 261 but it runs out of ammo pretty fast and i havent had a grand battle in months (i checked and the mode is on) 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users