Tier 8+ Standard Accounts

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

IAmBrexit #1 Posted 27 August 2019 - 05:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15020 battles

Is the game so corrupt these days that it is impossible to make a positive credit result after a game if you're a non-premium account, non-premium vehicle user at high tiers? 

Now, I believe this match was a very good outcome & I think I am an above average player, to a certain respect. I haven't played this game for a few weeks & my premium account has run out and I don't really want to purchase anymore as the game is becoming very draining.

How awful must it be for people trying to grind away at this game if they're not prepared to pay money towards it. I dread to think what it's like at even higher tiers. 

An example: 

I just finished a Tier 9 game in a Tier 8 STA-1. 
We won the battle. 
I survived the battle, with damage taken. 

At the end of the battle I did the most damage (3320) as well as earned the most base XP of my team (1495), damage assistance (2277). 

I earned an ACE TANKER MASTERY award as well as an OSKIN'S medal for my participation in the battle, also earned five Bonds.

I took a total of FIFTY rounds into the battle, FORTY being standard ammunition, TEN being premium rounds which only THREE were used. I fired a total of TWENTY FOUR shots, TWENTY ONE being direct hits, SIXTEEN penetrating.

No premium consumables were used. 

Battle results: I made a total loss of -220 credits. 

How?

If I had a premium account I would have made +18,141 credits. Is that really a justifiable difference in the amount between non premium & premium, that is appalling. 

Nethraniel #2 Posted 27 August 2019 - 05:09 PM

Major

• Player
  • 14542 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Replay?

4nt #3 Posted 27 August 2019 - 05:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29234 battles
In short, yes.

In long, yes. From Day 1 that has been WoT's monetization logic, and it isn't really any secret. It has double purpose to also provide healthy midtier population as most (even prem acc players) tend to make better creds in there. Thing is that tier ten is quite expensive even for paying players.

One has to be absolutely exceptional to make creds t8 and up.

Bordhaw #4 Posted 27 August 2019 - 05:37 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14894 battles

View PostIAmBrexit, on 27 August 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

If I had a premium account I would have made +18,141 credits. Is that really a justifiable difference in the amount between non premium & premium, that is appalling. 

Get a premium account?

IAmBrexit #5 Posted 27 August 2019 - 05:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15020 battles

I'll upload the replay in here once I've read up on how to do it, I've never uploaded a replay before. 

4nt #6 Posted 27 August 2019 - 05:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29234 battles
Replays can Be tossed to wotreplays, and linked here. I am not sure any direct way to link a replay is available on forums.

Nethraniel #7 Posted 27 August 2019 - 05:47 PM

Major

• Player
  • 14542 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
So, there is the problem... you did not do damage with 33% of your shells and used 13200 credits on 3 shells premium ammo... reduce these 3 shells to 1140 creds for standard ammo and you make a profit. 

SovietBias #8 Posted 27 August 2019 - 05:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38420 battles
Premium ammo is expensive.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 27 August 2019 - 05:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72848 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostIAmBrexit, on 27 August 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

Is the game so corrupt these days that it is impossible to make a positive credit result after a game if you're a non-premium account, non-premium vehicle user at high tiers?

These days? Game has never been designed to make a good profit on just high tiers alone. Even on tier X, Premium or not. Tho non-premium it's not impossible to make a profit. Just way harder.  Why? Mainly to spread the population. If tier X was the best place to make credits. Why play mid-tiers?

View PostIAmBrexit, on 27 August 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

I earned an ACE TANKER MASTERY award as well as an OSKIN'S medal for my participation in the battle, also earned five Bonds.

I took a total of FIFTY rounds into the battle, FORTY being standard ammunition, TEN being premium rounds which only THREE were used. I fired a total of TWENTY FOUR shots, TWENTY ONE being direct hits, SIXTEEN penetrating.

You had a great game, no doubt about it. But ace badges and medals don't give you an income bonus. As for damage? You don't get credits based on how much damage you do. But rather how you did that damage. Same with assist, as you lose 50% pr damage point if someone else is spotting it. Just as assist gives you 50% from the one doing damage, that's also divided among those that do keep the target spotted.

That and missing gold rounds also tends to drop your profit. As you had 8 rounds do nothing. If one of those was a gold round too, then you more or less have the reason why. Missing shots is more pricey on higher tiers.

CmdRatScabies #10 Posted 27 August 2019 - 05:59 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Gold ammo + you didn't stock up on consumables in a sale.

Long_Range_Sniper #11 Posted 27 August 2019 - 06:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37418 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostIAmBrexit, on 27 August 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

It's totally possible, but maybe you were given bad information when you made your decision. There has been a lot of mis-information around about the EU servers for a while, and when players see the reality they find it's not what they were sold.

Light tanks are the key. You can gain lots of XP and thus credits without using ammunition (if you're not bothered about statistics of course). But then if you were bothered about stats, or their truth and relevance you wouldn't be asking this question.

The only thing is don't use British tanks. They seem to have been given a bum deal and for some reason are the worst performers on the EU server. You will have to fund playing this with a lot of credits, which may not be what you want.

I'd vote for a French light tank like the BC-12t, where you gain all the benefits. There's obviously a small running cost, but in comparison to the cost of just running British light tanks it's a lot lower.

NekoPuffer_PPP #12 Posted 27 August 2019 - 06:10 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 34123 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostIAmBrexit, on 27 August 2019 - 06:04 PM, said:

Now, I believe this match was a very good outcome & I think I am an above average player, to a certain respect. I haven't played this game for a few weeks & my premium account has run out and I don't really want to purchase anymore as the game is becoming very draining.

How awful must it be for people trying to grind away at this game if they're not prepared to pay money towards it. I dread to think what it's like at even higher tiers. 

An example: 

I just finished a Tier 9 game in a Tier 8 STA-1. 
We won the battle. 
I survived the battle, with damage taken. 

At the end of the battle I did the most damage (3320) as well as earned the most base XP of my team (1495), damage assistance (2277). 

No premium consumables were used. 

Battle results: I made a total loss of -220 credits. 

How?

You fired 3 premium rounds. That alone cost you ~12.000 credits. Are you not aware of this? You do realize you're not a true standard account player if you shoot premium ammo? Hence the name "premium ammo"... :facepalm:

So you would've made a profit, but your urge to hop on the WG hate train got the best of you.

Long_Range_Sniper #13 Posted 27 August 2019 - 06:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37418 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 27 August 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:

So you would've made a profit, but your urge to hop on the WG hate train got the best of you.

Grinding credits in randoms is so 2015.

Frontlines is where it's so easy to grind out credits. You even earn credit boosters you can then use in the next week of Frontlines.

IAmBrexit #14 Posted 27 August 2019 - 06:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15020 battles

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 27 August 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:

You fired 3 premium rounds. That alone cost you ~12.000 credits. Are you not aware of this? You do realize you're not a true standard account player if you shoot premium ammo? Hence the name "premium ammo"... :facepalm:

Not really.

You're forced into situations where you have no choice BUT to use premium rounds, that's why I take premium rounds in battle just in case.

It's catch 22, If i'm forced into a situation where I cannot penetrate another tank with regular rounds I'm either forced to flee & if I cannot, have to keep firing regular rounds & get penalised for that by not penetrating those rounds and essentially waiting to die.   

Or use premium rounds and still get penalised? I'm sorry If you're a bit narrow minded and can't see the issue with this situation, or if you believe there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. 

Tealo #15 Posted 27 August 2019 - 06:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 42822 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

View PostIAmBrexit, on 27 August 2019 - 04:39 PM, said:

Quite Frankly it's disqusting but as mention above 'pay' light tanks at higher tiers, but you should at least made 220 credit profit for A, winning. B, coming top of the team..

Maybe there should be a credit bonus for non premium players whom win and come with the top 3 places.. Like couraeous resistance bonus...

It would attract more players and incourage them to actaully buy a prem account, instead of the feeling You just got of being: Shafted :amazed:...

Frustrating players into spending money is very 2012!! Quite frankly doesn't really work anymore. :popcorn:

Edited by Tealo, 27 August 2019 - 06:25 PM.

Long_Range_Sniper #16 Posted 27 August 2019 - 06:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37418 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostIAmBrexit, on 27 August 2019 - 05:20 PM, said:

Or use premium rounds and still get penalised? I'm sorry If you're a bit narrow minded and can't see the issue with this situation, or if you believe there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. 

You're not actually forced to do anything.

signature.png

As an outlier, this is Shishx's free to play account, where he went right up to tier ten.

You may feel you're forced to do something, but if you want to compromise and lose a few encounters where your ability to win with standard ammo isn't there then you can use standard ammo 100% of the time.

Just the same with the compromise to use small repair kits, or not run food on tanks.

If you want to take some premium ammo and don't have Shishx's level of skill then maybe consider a premium account which is really pennies. Also SH games pay well for credits, so join a clan or enter a game as a legionnaire.

But you're not really forced to do anything.

Edit: I also assumed you didn't want to buy premium tanks, but you seem to have loads. Not sure what the issue is there, because tanks like the Progetto or premium light tanks make loads of credits in FL?

Edited by Long_Range_Sniper, 27 August 2019 - 06:27 PM.

Dio_Eneru #17 Posted 27 August 2019 - 06:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8695 battles

It's not that hard to make credist without prem account you just need to follow 3 rules:

1) Don't take useless damage

2) Don't shoot prem ammo if it's not crucial for wining the game

3) Platoon with decent players to win more reducing the amount of games where you lose credits.

Doing so you won't make enourmous amounts of credits but you won't lose them fast eighter. Coming from a standard account player.

Dorander #18 Posted 27 August 2019 - 06:36 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View PostIAmBrexit, on 27 August 2019 - 05:20 PM, said:

Not really.

You're forced into situations where you have no choice BUT to use premium rounds, that's why I take premium rounds in battle just in case.

It's catch 22, If i'm forced into a situation where I cannot penetrate another tank with regular rounds I'm either forced to flee & if I cannot, have to keep firing regular rounds & get penalised for that by not penetrating those rounds and essentially waiting to die.   

There's nothing wrong with it, nor is it anything new. The top tiers of the game have always been credit drainers, else the economy would be even more irrelevant than it currently is, allowing everyone to spam prammo endlessly, and people'd not be interested in the premium product which is where Wargaming makes its money. This is a free to play model game, not a free service, Wargaming is racking up costs to give people the ability to play their game.

You can make credits or at least break even in the first 6 tiers of the game easily, 7th if you try a little and even 8th if you're good. That's 60-80% of the game that you get for free, yet you come here to complain about the portion you don't and claim there's something wrong with not having everything handed to you on a silver platter?

GrannyPanties #19 Posted 27 August 2019 - 06:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1136 battles
recruit someone and if your recruit finished your contact, you can get a free tier 8 premium tank. And then use that tank to credit grind.

IAmBrexit #20 Posted 27 August 2019 - 06:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15020 battles

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 27 August 2019 - 05:24 PM, said:

You're not actually forced to do anything.

signature.png

As an outlier, this is Shishx's free to play account, where he went right up to tier ten.

You may feel you're forced to do something, but if you want to compromise and lose a few encounters where your ability to win with standard ammo isn't there then you can use standard ammo 100% of the time.

Just the same with the compromise to use small repair kits, or not run food on tanks.

If you want to take some premium ammo and don't have Shishx's level of skill then maybe consider a premium account which is really pennies. Also SH games pay well for credits, so join a clan or enter a game as a legionnaire.

But you're not really forced to do anything.

Edit: I also assumed you didn't want to buy premium tanks, but you seem to have loads. Not sure what the issue is there, because tanks like the Progetto or premium light tanks make loads of credits in FL?

I've just watched a few videos of that player you recommended and come on now, you can't possibly use him as an example for free to play game play, a player of his skill calibre isn't the average casual F2P player or myself for that matter. 
I did say in my first post I was a premium account user but it has expired, I wanted to see if the game was just as fun using a standard account. Essentially the post was to highlight the bias & massive advantage between the standard & premium accounts. I do buy the premium vehicles as there is clearly an unfair advantage between these vehicles to the regular tech tree vehicles. I think it's a psychological tactic that if you're killed by one of these vehicles enough & you have all these Youtubers promoting these premium vehicles you're going to cave in & purchase it at some point. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users