• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

kubawt112 #21 Posted 28 August 2019 - 12:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostBalc0ra, on 28 August 2019 - 12:10 AM, said:

Well funny story from my last match. I found two in the Rattlesnake that turned out to be in the same clan. I pushed on them as they were both low HP and set one on fire and I rammed the other. 

Got a rage PM after the match from one. After a reply or two, they said it was allowed. As WG did it on their Gamescom stream. And sure enough, Dakillzor and Eekeeboo teamed up in solo mode to group up on others. So I suspect WG showing the first impression of the game, more or less indicated it was "fine".

Indeed they did, check the spoiler below.

I guess this was meant as an obvious showcase - but I guess it's time to make a ticket now, though something tells me he'll be here shortly to clearify that this was just for the entertainment value. :D

Spoiler

View Postbarison1, on 27 August 2019 - 11:54 PM, said:

suppose if wg gets enough tickets about same people/clans it will be obvious enough of rigging, and mostly if those same clan guys are at top

do hope wg takes good actions against those riggers, just plain stupid that people try make up for their incompetence this way by rigging. it isnt even that hard to be top 10-15 or so

anyways best advise to people seeing riggers just make a ticket with endgame result in it and hope for the best

It's probably a good idea to make a ticket, but I doubt there'll be any consequences. Generally, WG has a terrible record of dealing with toxic gameplay. Some people would say that I know a thing or two about that. Ideally, separate battles that demonstrate a pattern would lead to, at the very least, support keeping an eye out. Even better, a warning message in-game that you're on a short leash. Might get people to quit doing that without the burden of proof.

It's also sort of an issue that 'unsportsmanlike conduct' bans likely aren't easy to appeal, a ban for 'rigging' even less so. I mean, screenshots of battle results alone, who knows if I'm even playing with my friends if they're not even in the same clan - and most aren't.

View Posttajj7, on 28 August 2019 - 11:49 AM, said:

So I sent a few of the leaderboard screenshots to support where this was clearly happening and they have told me they need screenshots of the teaming up in game, during the battle.

So bear that that in mind, if you see it, spam your screenshot button and then sent it all to support with a screenshot of the leaderboard.

I'd reckon that probably getting to 25 took me 10 games longer at least because of this problem. 

Time to map a mouse button to a macro that spams screenshots every half second, then, and risk the lag. :rolleyes:

Balc0ra #22 Posted 28 August 2019 - 12:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74989 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postkubawt112, on 28 August 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

Indeed they did, check the spoiler below.

I guess this was meant as an obvious showcase - but I guess it's time to make a ticket now, though something tells me he'll be here shortly to clearify that this was just for the entertainment value. :D

Oh, I'm sure it was the original intent, to have some entertainment. And it was closed for Gamescom only. So no rank was affected as such. But they still sent out "mixed" signals for most it seems. Tho even without them doing that, there would still be rigging. But some seem to think it was fine as WG did it too.

splash_time #23 Posted 28 August 2019 - 12:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14463 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I played platoon yesterday, it's absolutely ridiculous!!.

In solo as well, it's like, play with ur friends in solo or just be hunted down by other guys who team up!!!.

Like yesterday i played a game with my German T8 auto loader gun, a guy was fighting in front of me, and other guy was sniping me from behind!! And when i lost half of the hp, the guy behind stopped shooting me. And the other who i was fighting with rushed and finished me(only 3 players including me were alive).

This is really annoying!! It supposed to be "fun mode".  ._. 

Edited by splash_time, 28 August 2019 - 12:58 PM.

Maschinenkanone #24 Posted 28 August 2019 - 01:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 46870 battles
  • [MBEV] MBEV

I wonder why this wasnt foreseeable by WG. Actually, I consider this quite easily blockable by a simple check routine within the MM, like: If player clan > 2 then the last matched player needs to keep waiting for another match.

Of course this wouldnt prevent players without a clan to do this filthy cheating. But at least it would prevent it to a considerable degree.

Kissa_ei_kuulu_pakkaseen #25 Posted 28 August 2019 - 01:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9696 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostMaschinenkanone, on 28 August 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

I wonder why this wasnt foreseeable by WG. Actually, I consider this quite easily blockable by a simple check routine within the MM, like: If player clan > 2 then the last matched player needs to keep waiting for another match.

Of course this wouldnt prevent players without a clan to do this filthy cheating. But at least it would prevent it to a considerable degree.

+ add for example 5-10 sec queue time after that mix the queue -> Problem solved for the most of the hours...

feoffle3 #26 Posted 28 August 2019 - 01:27 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13261 battles
  • [SKIL1] SKIL1
This mode sounds like it’s been ruined by rigging.

kubawt112 #27 Posted 28 August 2019 - 01:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View Postfeoffle3, on 28 August 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

You can certainly argue that it is at least heavily affected, and that it is a problem. Avoiding late-night matches might be an idea, and try to adopt the tactic of not being among the first ones to die. I bet most of the 'riggers' will either have quit or be done rather soon anyway.

It's frankly a bit strange that it hasn't been adressed by even a post yet. Well, not really, it's how the EU cookie tends to crumble. I hear they're still lacking an English forum lead. :hiding:

pecopad #28 Posted 28 August 2019 - 01:56 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 30280 battles
  • [UGN] UGN
Fun mode ruined by the usual crowd...

HaZardeur #29 Posted 28 August 2019 - 02:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 37242 battles
Funny how no one of WG has responded so far to all the treads here in the forum... could it be because eekeeboo was the rolemodel for this abuse ?

Balc0ra #30 Posted 28 August 2019 - 02:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74989 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postfeoffle3, on 28 August 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

Well the later you play, the more you will see of it. More so after midnight. Tho me personally have only seen 2-3 from one clan doing it more so then 8 like some screens have shown pr game. Or even 2 small groups from two different clans inevitably ending up in a clash at some point. And they still don't always make it to the top 3 even. But won't lose chevrons either. I would not say ruined as such. But it definitly has an impact on most games for some to have a fair chance if you will. 

The only saving grace is that your radio shows enemy locations when you "ping". And if you see two or more grouped up. You move around and ping again to see if they follow or are still in the same spot. 

slitth #31 Posted 28 August 2019 - 02:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13930 battles
  • [AL-EU] AL-EU

View PostKissa_ei_kuulu_pakkaseen, on 28 August 2019 - 05:21 AM, said:

This just makes detecting riggers harder. They do cooperate via VoIP so it does not stop them rigging the matches...

The lack of names will make them harder to confirm they are all in the same match.

And it will make a bit harder to coordinate.

But you cannot stop them from rigging a match.

Besides unless you are recording the match the name over the tanks will not help much.

It is the after battle review that the easiest to send to WG

LordMuffin #32 Posted 28 August 2019 - 04:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 53499 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostBalc0ra, on 28 August 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

Well the later you play, the more you will see of it. More so after midnight. Tho me personally have only seen 2-3 from one clan doing it more so then 8 like some screens have shown pr game. Or even 2 tsmall groups from two different clans inevitably ending up in a clash at some point. And they still don't always make it to the top 3 even. But won't lose chevrons either. I would not say ruined as such. But it definitly has an impact on most games for some to have a fair chance if you will. 

The only saving grace is that your radio shows enemy locations when you "ping". And if you see two or more grouped up. You move around and ping again to see if they follow or are still in the same spot. 

With normal players, having 2 guys in same location would mean they shoot each other, so you could then go in maybe get a kill on the one who survived.but since it is WOT playerbase we talk about, just hide for as much as you can of the steelhunter mode. You are 1 against groups of possibly 2 or 3 anyway.

Balc0ra #33 Posted 28 August 2019 - 05:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74989 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostLordMuffin, on 28 August 2019 - 04:15 PM, said:

With normal players, having 2 guys in same location would mean they shoot each other, so you could then go in maybe get a kill on the one who survived.but since it is WOT playerbase we talk about,

So far two or more at the same spot usually means they fight, or even chase more so than not. But what I meant was if they both follow your last location on each ping vs staying at the spot you saw them last that you head to. And making their ping overlap to look for you. You know they are not fighting. And thus it's time to relocate. And I've done that a fair few times. No idea if it was those equal clan tags on the list. But early in the round with those signs? I go the other way vs taking the risk.

LordMuffin #34 Posted 28 August 2019 - 07:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 53499 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostBalc0ra, on 28 August 2019 - 05:49 PM, said:

So far two or more at the same spot usually means they fight, or even chase more so than not. But what I meant was if they both follow your last location on each ping vs staying at the spot you saw them last that you head to. And making their ping overlap to look for you. You know they are not fighting. And thus it's time to relocate. And I've done that a fair few times. No idea if it was those equal clan tags on the list. But early in the round with those signs? I go the other way vs taking the risk.

I have tried to engage 2 dots who where hugging each other.

Just to find out they where in party.

That's 2 Chevrons lost :(

Kissa_ei_kuulu_pakkaseen #35 Posted 28 August 2019 - 09:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9696 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostHaZardeur, on 28 August 2019 - 03:00 PM, said:

Funny how no one of WG has responded so far to all the treads here in the forum... could it be because eekeeboo was the rolemodel for this abuse ?

Is there a video of eekeeboo rigging this mode?

HaZardeur #36 Posted 28 August 2019 - 09:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 37242 battles

View PostKissa_ei_kuulu_pakkaseen, on 28 August 2019 - 09:00 PM, said:

Look for the vods taken at the live stream from Gamescom were he plays with Dakilzor.

niska #37 Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:23 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33201 battles
  • [C0RPS] C0RPS

View Postrageman4u, on 28 August 2019 - 12:16 AM, said:

How you manage it? I am first twice and i am lvl5. A couple of times i died instant. Tanks attacking me together

Finished. 48 battles and only 8 wins and solo play.

And you ask me how do i manage it? and if i tell you that some guys did it with only 35 or less  games.

At the beginning you have to be very sneaky and careful and try to not enter any confrontation and then  farm the crates.

Edited by niska, 29 August 2019 - 12:38 AM.

SovietBias #38 Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:45 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39833 battles

View PostHaZardeur, on 28 August 2019 - 01:00 PM, said:

This is deliciously ironic.

Balc0ra #39 Posted 29 August 2019 - 02:13 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74989 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostKissa_ei_kuulu_pakkaseen, on 28 August 2019 - 09:00 PM, said:

View PostHaZardeur, on 28 August 2019 - 09:22 PM, said:

Look for the vods taken at the live stream from Gamescom were he plays with Dakilzor.

Keep in mind that this was before we got the event. And only playing vs the others at gamescom. But still...

HaZardeur #40 Posted 29 August 2019 - 08:29 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 37242 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 29 August 2019 - 02:13 AM, said:

Keep in mind that this was before we got the event. And only playing vs the others at gamescom. But still...

Well... I couldnt care less but " rigging abusers" used this as exuse in a different thread so...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users