Quitting a Battle

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Insert_Insult #1 Posted 28 August 2019 - 01:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10531 battles

ok, just curious about what is the accepted way of leaving a battle for whatever reason you may choose.

I know there are times when people cannot finish the battle through no fault of their own ie real life taking over.

but which is the acceptable method of quitting, as drowning/cliff diving is unsportsmanlike behaviour, just leaving your tank motionless is inaction/AFK which again can be unsportsmanlike behaviour. Quitting to the garage is Desertion. auto driving into the enemy ranks is suicide ergo yet another unsportsmanlike behaviour.

is it time we had a "real-life takes priority" button which we can press and not get all the negative reports on our accounts.

I along with many others have health problems or partners with health problems which forces us to suddenly leave the game yet I feel that by allowing others to penalise us in the in-game reports is discriminatory to those with health problems.

What would your suggestions be regarding this ethical dilemma?

Orkbert #2 Posted 28 August 2019 - 06:42 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28428 battles

View PostInsert_Insult, on 28 August 2019 - 01:13 PM, said:

I know there are times when people cannot finish the battle through no fault of their own ie real life taking over.

There are a few legit reasons to quit the battle early but those can't be happen so often that deserting a battle should become a problem.

If they have to desert so many battles in a short enough time frame that it becomes a problem then it is their fault to click on the battle button when they can't even scratch up 15 minutes undisturbed.

_SpartanWarrior_ #3 Posted 28 August 2019 - 06:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36640 battles
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ

They would spam that button,and Desert would be useless since that button would make players take no reports.

Big no.

Pansenmann #4 Posted 28 August 2019 - 10:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36432 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Whenever such things happen, which are quite rare,

but for example the neighbor is ringing because the cat is waiting outside, I just put in the first gear (1x "R" ) and hope for the best

Edited by Pansenmann, 28 August 2019 - 10:34 PM.

Gruff_ #5 Posted 29 August 2019 - 03:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22768 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Leave the tank alive so it's spotting is still active for others to benefit from, and the enemy can waste shells on it when found.  If it's happening a lot though I would reconsider team games as afk players aren't good for your 14 team mates.

Unicorn_of_Steel #6 Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:29 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15546 battles
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A

View PostGruff_, on 29 August 2019 - 03:29 AM, said:

Leave the tank alive so it's spotting is still active for others to benefit from, and the enemy can waste shells on it when found. 

This. Plus i simply explain in chat that an important rl situation urges me to go AFK.

Nethraniel #7 Posted 29 August 2019 - 07:21 AM

Major

• Player
  • 14559 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

If it is not frequent behavior and reasonable, just going AFK during the battle happens.

There is no risk of getting banned for that, if it is a rare enough event (these actions also expire and are not permanently hold against you).

It is unfortunate for the team, and people should plan ahead if they are really able to finish a battle, but emergency cases happen.

Captain_Kremen0 #8 Posted 29 August 2019 - 11:25 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 39315 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB
There is no ETHICAL debate. If real life decides to take a crap on you at any point then quite frankly [edited]the game and deal with the problem. And [edited]any anyone who has a problem with it.

Insert_Insult #9 Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10531 battles

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 29 August 2019 - 10:25 AM, said:

There is no ETHICAL debate. If real life decides to take a crap on you at any point then quite frankly [edited]the game and deal with the problem. And [edited]any anyone who has a problem with it.

I like your thinking, my wife suffers from epilepsy, a good day for her is around 8 seizures, sometimes it is 15+, I know a lot of people probably think i shouldn't play an online team game if I cannot guarantee I will be able to complete the battle, but I need to have a semblance of normality also I enjoy tank games. but due to having to leave battles I did accrue reports for unsportsmanlike behaviour and we know what happens when you have saved enough of them :)

this is why I started the thread, as wargaming doesn't seem to understand that real life is more important than their game.

Homer_J #10 Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:46 PM

Field Marshal

• 32879 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostInsert_Insult, on 28 August 2019 - 01:13 PM, said:

What would your suggestions be regarding this ethical dilemma?

If it really is a RL issue then there is no dilemma.

Nobody will believe you anyway so it doesn't matter how you do it.  Just alt+F4 if you need to quit quickly, or even just walk away.

If you are having to do that very often then that's not really fair on other people playing so you might want to reconsider when you play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users