How to: get 25. rank in Steel Hunter mode?

wot steel_hunter

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Boxofkrain #1 Posted 28 August 2019 - 08:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13163 battles

Hello everyone!

25. rank in Steel Hunter may be hard to get when you don't know the tactic you should choose.

Actually, I was gaining this rank for about 10 hours and it wasn't that hard! There are a few important rules you should know if you want to get it too.

1. Stay near to the river - you can find almost every airdrop next to the river so you should stay near.
  2. Avoid all the confrontations at the beggining - they'll eat your ammunition, HP and time so if you see a tank on the radar, go in the opposite direction.
  3. Use Radio Detection as often as possible - it helps you avoid other tanks and shows bonuses around you.
  4. Assess the situation - if you have little chances to win with someone, don't start the fight.
  5. Search for enemies' duels - hide behind some building and steadily shot enemies, they'll be focused on themselves so you can get double Spoils of War without losing HP.
  6. Shot in fuel tanks - these tanks burn very usually so you can do some extra damage.
  7. Never ever show your back - as I said, Steel Hunter vehicles burns very often (German one the most) so always face toward an enemy.
  8. Don't be scared to get a bonus - all the bonuses restores your HP so it's ok if you get shot.
  9. Watch out for zone - leave zone as fast as possible, it's easy to forget about it when you meet an enemy tank.

Also, you can ask what tanks and upgrades do I reccomend.

Well, my personal favourite is Soviet one but I advise against German one. Why? Soviet one is better after upgrades and German one is better before upgrades. If you apply rules above, then it'll be easy for you to upgrade your tank. American tank is ok but nothing special.

And what upgrades do I reccomend? The only thing I reccomend you is a gun with magazine, on every tank. I won almost every 1v1 with this gun on every vehicle. You can check what should you upgrade to have this gun using N key in battle. And the gun I do not reccomend is HE gun, something terrible IMO.

And that's all in this guide, I hope it helped you :)

Sorry if i posted it in wrong section, this one fit the best.

RemzDNB #2 Posted 28 August 2019 - 09:13 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9803 battles

If you want to go super easy mode I would say

3) Avoid any fight and any drop until the game is over, only farm green loots for speed boosts

xD

Balc0ra #3 Posted 28 August 2019 - 09:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74451 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Personally I find that everyone goes to the river mid game. It's where the focus will be when there are around 10 ish left more so then not, more so when the air drops starts to gather there. Castle or the factory is better early so far. I've gotten to lvl 5 a few times just haning around the castle and the 10+ drops there. Late game that's more risky if you still lack levels.

Personally for me Red Dawn is the "meh" tank. Germans are safe early on due to the armor. And rather good if you get to lvl 5 early. Rattlesnake with the light build have given me the best rounds so far as you don't have to fight anything. Just get crates. The speed and viewrange is vital if you fight near the river. I've had so many fights vs German armor builds that can't see me. That and the 5 round 950 alpha clip gun that sends 5 rounds as fast as you can fire is rather trollish. But that's just me.

Edited by Balc0ra, 28 August 2019 - 09:41 PM.

Tankistu #4 Posted 28 August 2019 - 09:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31218 battles
  • [BOSII] BOSII

Hide. Ignore danger zone and sit in it as long as possible. Hug the red zone, leave yellow zone only when it turns red, even at the cost of some hp. Pick green loot to restore hp.

Since you won't do much and wait a lot, you'll be able to plan your moves ahead so when the yellow zone turns red you already know where you have to relocate.

The other players will be busy hunting each other and with just a little bit of luck and skill reading the map and navigating the zones you'll finish in top 3 easily.

That's how I made it to level 25 with no hassle at all. 

Edited by Tankistu, 28 August 2019 - 10:07 PM.

24doom24 #5 Posted 28 August 2019 - 10:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8775 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View PostRemzDNB, on 28 August 2019 - 08:13 PM, said:

3) Avoid any fight and any drop until the game is over, only farm green loots for speed boosts

xD

Too bad the [edited]teamers destroy everything.

Screw this corrupted gamemode. Waste of time. WG ruined a perfectly fine gamemode from the sandbox. 

STRAPATONI #6 Posted 28 August 2019 - 10:07 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27203 battles

just came from 1st place battle and non of above were made. i just hide and and hide and loot what is around me, the team kill each other. the map gone red me and another left i blow his engine and won.

but good doctoration if you are so boring.

btw im level 19 and played for maximum 2 hours.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 29 August 2019 - 03:29 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74451 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostSTRAPATONI, on 28 August 2019 - 10:07 PM, said:

just came from 1st place battle and non of above were made. i just hide and and hide and loot what is around me, the team kill each other. the map gone red me and another left i blow his engine and won.

I had a cheap win earlier today. The zone then went to the last area at the top of the castle. I was still outside the castle wall that turned red and no way I would get up that road in time. But there was this tiny safe area just poking out of the wall towards the center. Big enough for me. There I stayed as they either died going to it. Or fought it out. Once the zone turned red and the countdown was over. I dropped the recovery zone, and turned on the other recovey. And just did not die when the others did.

But.. if you don't want to fight. Just go for mobility. No point going for armor. just go for air drop XP and farm that way and avoid anyone. Once you get enough XP go for the clip gun. Red Dawn has less alpha, but more pen. Side at the German HT build is enough to kill it outright. As that's more or less all my wins today. Mobility, farm drops, get the derp. Fight if you notice they still are tier 4 etc. As that's cheap XP.

Edited by Balc0ra, 29 August 2019 - 03:30 AM.

Boxofkrain #8 Posted 29 August 2019 - 07:35 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13163 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 28 August 2019 - 09:41 PM, said:

Personally I find that everyone goes to the river mid game. It's where the focus will be when there are around 10 ish left more so then not, more so when the air drops starts to gather there. Castle or the factory is better early so far. I've gotten to lvl 5 a few times just haning around the castle and the 10+ drops there. Late game that's more risky if you still lack levels.

Personally for me Red Dawn is the "meh" tank. Germans are safe early on due to the armor. And rather good if you get to lvl 5 early. Rattlesnake with the light build have given me the best rounds so far as you don't have to fight anything. Just get crates. The speed and viewrange is vital if you fight near the river. I've had so many fights vs German armor builds that can't see me. That and the 5 round 950 alpha clip gun that sends 5 rounds as fast as you can fire is rather trollish. But that's just me.

Everyone goes middle? It was seldom, most of players ignore river at the beggining cuz they think everyone goes there :). When I found out that middle is literally empty, I usually spawned on the river and collected bonuses pretty easily. There was no enemies, and when I found one on the radio, I could kill him or just run without losing HP. This is my strategy, I always was the most upgraded tank in the game and I could destroy everyone.

German tank is good at the beggining of battle but then it sucks. I always avoid fights when my tank isn't upgraded so I can destroy Tiger without effort when a few players left.

Of course, everyone has their favourite and the tanks are quite balanced but it's just what I think. 

TankkiPoju #9 Posted 29 August 2019 - 07:37 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24018 battles

Maybe the German tank is worse after upgrades, but it has far better survivability early game, and you really want to absolutely stay alive long enough for at least one chevron.

With this in mind, IMHO it's the best tank.

Edited by TankkiPoju, 29 August 2019 - 07:38 AM.

SirCipilica #10 Posted 30 August 2019 - 03:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12115 battles

View PostSTRAPATONI, on 28 August 2019 - 09:07 PM, said:

2 hour my [edited], a fight last 10-15 minutes, in 2 hour you can play 8 -12 matches, it is impossible to reach rank 19

BlackBloodBandit #11 Posted 30 August 2019 - 03:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7547 battles

10 Get better RNG then your enemies

It's disgusting to constantly get 'outplayed' by bad players that get better RNG. The game doesn't show their names when getting destroyed and also not after the battle. Every time I check their stats, mostly it's just a very bad player that got lucky. The game mode is too much luck depended. If you get a lot of drops, and others don't, you get a free advantage already, but nothing can save you from bad RNG. Always nice to bounce bounce bounce when the marker is green. Nice joke WG

1 battle I lost simply, because I HAD to cross the dead zone and move up on terrain to get to the only open block. My tank was too slow, even though I reacted quick. I had no chance and the enemy got a free win, only because he was lucky enough to be close enough to the safe zone. LUCK LUCK LUCK checked his stats and of course a 48% player...

Edited by BlackBloodBandit, 30 August 2019 - 04:01 PM.

GrannyPanties #12 Posted 30 August 2019 - 06:59 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1218 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 29 August 2019 - 04:29 AM, said:

I had a cheap win earlier today. The zone then went to the last area at the top of the castle. I was still outside the castle wall that turned red and no way I would get up that road in time. But there was this tiny safe area just poking out of the wall towards the center. Big enough for me. There I stayed as they either died going to it. Or fought it out. Once the zone turned red and the countdown was over. I dropped the recovery zone, and turned on the other recovey. And just did not die when the others did.

But.. if you don't want to fight. Just go for mobility. No point going for armor. just go for air drop XP and farm that way and avoid anyone. Once you get enough XP go for the clip gun. Red Dawn has less alpha, but more pen. Side at the German HT build is enough to kill it outright. As that's more or less all my wins today. Mobility, farm drops, get the derp. Fight if you notice they still are tier 4 etc. As that's cheap XP.

Lol I just did that this morning. I was in the same spot where you were inside the wall. I was hugging the wall spotting the enemy tank and used both of my heals. Won 

2_Expendable #13 Posted 01 September 2019 - 11:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 43560 battles
  • [FLEVO] FLEVO

View PostRemzDNB, on 28 August 2019 - 09:13 PM, said:

xD

yep. Got to 25 pretty fast for an averange tanker. If only I started sneaking and hiding sooner...

I just hide until 14. left so you cannot go back chevrons. than I try to get to tier 2 if I see some close. and when zones become red I hide as close as I can next to red border. I ended up 3rd or 2dn many times and ofcourse than I loose coz the other has a big tier 7/8 tank. But even that you can win if the HP is the same and he is damaged fighting player 3. Just run away as fast as you can into the red once the last square becomes red. Managed it once. and the other time the enemy flipped his tank. 

I think I lost chevrons 4 times when playing sneaky. Before I had good games collecting at the river and ending 7 or aybe 5th play but the next I die 19th 20th in the first minute and you go back 2 chevrons. I hated this game mode when playing this way. Sneaky is way more fun for me at least.

I got to 25 with only 2 kills and even 2 wins.  

Edited by 2_Expendable, 01 September 2019 - 11:31 PM.

Also tagged with wot, steel_hunter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users