Jump to content


Change The Game's Graphics Engine


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Fanste94 #1 Posted 29 August 2019 - 06:05 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4051 battles
  • 398
  • Member since:
    01-13-2013
Change the game's graphics engine to Havok or Unity, the Core engine looks pale Havok and Unity look much better and are more optimized

jack_timber #2 Posted 29 August 2019 - 07:09 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 40279 battles
  • 3,238
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

Runs sweet on mine why change?

 



Fanste94 #3 Posted 29 August 2019 - 09:29 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4051 battles
  • 398
  • Member since:
    01-13-2013

View Postjack_timber, on 29 August 2019 - 06:09 AM, said:

Runs sweet on mine why change?

 

I already said because the Core engine graphics look pale and Havok and Unity look better and are more optimized



jack_timber #4 Posted 29 August 2019 - 09:45 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 40279 battles
  • 3,238
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

Graphics are really good, in fact great, crank your settings to max and enjoy the panoramic views.

If I was to really nitpick the only small problem, with the graphics, is the cap circle seems to float some 30cm off the ground.



Fanste94 #5 Posted 29 August 2019 - 11:26 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4051 battles
  • 398
  • Member since:
    01-13-2013

View Postjack_timber, on 29 August 2019 - 08:45 AM, said:

Graphics are really good, in fact great, crank your settings to max and enjoy the panoramic views.

If I was to really nitpick the only small problem, with the graphics, is the cap circle seems to float some 30cm off the ground.

Yes but the graphics looks pale, Havok and Unity have better graphics colors



Nethraniel #6 Posted 29 August 2019 - 11:33 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 14535 battles
  • 2,570
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostFanste94, on 29 August 2019 - 11:26 AM, said:

Yes but the graphics looks pale, Havok and Unity have better graphics colors

Do you have screenshots, what you mean with pale? My graphic settings give rather good colors.



Homer_J #7 Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:40 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 32243 battles
  • 35,304
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostFanste94, on 29 August 2019 - 06:05 AM, said:

Change the game's graphics engine to Havok or Unity, the Core engine looks pale Havok and Unity look much better and are more optimized

 

WG devs considered using another off the shelf game engine and decided to build their own from the ground up.  If you have any clue what is involved in that and consider that they decided it was the cheapest and easiest option then you will realise how stupid your idea is.

11:41 Added after 1 minute

View PostNethraniel, on 29 August 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

Do you have screenshots, what you mean with pale? My graphic settings give rather good colors.


He is playing on a system which was sup par about 14 years ago.  There is no surprise it looks bad.



Fanste94 #8 Posted 30 August 2019 - 07:39 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4051 battles
  • 398
  • Member since:
    01-13-2013

View PostNethraniel, on 29 August 2019 - 10:33 AM, said:

Do you have screenshots, what you mean with pale? My graphic settings give rather good colors.

View PostHomer_J, on 29 August 2019 - 11:40 AM, said:

 

WG devs considered using another off the shelf game engine and decided to build their own from the ground up.  If you have any clue what is involved in that and consider that they decided it was the cheapest and easiest option then you will realise how stupid your idea is.

11:41 Added after 1 minute


He is playing on a system which was sup par about 14 years ago.  There is no surprise it looks bad.

Havok costs 25$ and Unity is free and it's not about my PC

 

1234234.jpg

 



Nethraniel #9 Posted 30 August 2019 - 08:21 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 14535 battles
  • 2,570
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostFanste94, on 30 August 2019 - 07:39 AM, said:

Havok costs 25$ and Unity is free and it's not about my PC

 

1234234.jpg

 

Unity is only free in the basic version, which is only good for 20 simultaneous players and up to an annual revenue of 100k $.

Wargaming would need the Unity3D Enterprise version, which has basic licencse costs (probably a couple of ten thousand $) plus monthly fees of 1500 $ / month + 500 $ per month per work-station that is running Unity.

 

Further porting a game to a new Engine might not even work.

 

And I do not understand what these screenshots should express in your opinion. For a direct comparison, you would need to try and get more or less the same effect with different engines. What you see there on the screenshots, is just different games with different colors and lighting, as well as different engines. So, I have no clue, what exactly is the comparing point there.



Fanste94 #10 Posted 30 August 2019 - 02:55 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4051 battles
  • 398
  • Member since:
    01-13-2013

View PostNethraniel, on 30 August 2019 - 07:21 AM, said:

Unity is only free in the basic version, which is only good for 20 simultaneous players and up to an annual revenue of 100k $.

Wargaming would need the Unity3D Enterprise version, which has basic licencse costs (probably a couple of ten thousand $) plus monthly fees of 1500 $ / month + 500 $ per month per work-station that is running Unity.

 

Further porting a game to a new Engine might not even work.

 

And I do not understand what these screenshots should express in your opinion. For a direct comparison, you would need to try and get more or less the same effect with different engines. What you see there on the screenshots, is just different games with different colors and lighting, as well as different engines. So, I have no clue, what exactly is the comparing point there.

You told me to post screenshots to prove that the Core engine is pale and that Unity and Havok look better



890 #11 Posted 30 August 2019 - 07:43 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 45425 battles
  • 2,098
  • [MEDAR] MEDAR
  • Member since:
    12-04-2011

View PostFanste94, on 30 August 2019 - 03:55 PM, said:

You told me to post screenshots to prove that the Core engine is pale and that Unity and Havok look better


You know that it is possible to change color setings ingame?



Fanste94 #12 Posted 31 August 2019 - 09:50 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4051 battles
  • 398
  • Member since:
    01-13-2013

View Post890, on 30 August 2019 - 06:43 PM, said:


You know that it is possible to change color setings ingame?

Yes but then you don't have the same experience as others


Edited by Fanste94, 31 August 2019 - 09:51 AM.


890 #13 Posted 31 August 2019 - 05:03 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 45425 battles
  • 2,098
  • [MEDAR] MEDAR
  • Member since:
    12-04-2011

View PostFanste94, on 31 August 2019 - 10:50 AM, said:

Yes but then you don't have the same experience as others


So you are fighting for other people so they dont have "pale" expirience?

They can adjust colours to.

It is not about graphics engine you know? Core engine is optimized even for calculators. But on abacus engine works bad.



Homer_J #14 Posted 31 August 2019 - 08:20 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 32243 battles
  • 35,304
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostFanste94, on 31 August 2019 - 09:50 AM, said:

Yes but then you don't have the same experience as others

You don't have the same experience as others anyway so I don't see what the problem is using the in game options available for just this reason.



5everin #15 Posted 31 August 2019 - 11:22 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 79257 battles
  • 1,665
  • [TEC] TEC
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011

Last time I looked Havok was a Physics engine not a game engine.

as for the wased out look you mention ...sure you don't have one of the filters set in the graphics options?



Fanste94 #16 Posted 01 September 2019 - 02:03 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4051 battles
  • 398
  • Member since:
    01-13-2013

View PostHomer_J, on 31 August 2019 - 07:20 PM, said:

You don't have the same experience as others anyway so I don't see what the problem is using the in game options available for just this reason.

How don't I have the same experience

13:03 Added after 0 minute

View Post5everin, on 31 August 2019 - 10:22 PM, said:

Last time I looked Havok was a Physics engine not a game engine.

as for the wased out look you mention ...sure you don't have one of the filters set in the graphics options?

No the graphics filter is on off or default



Homer_J #17 Posted 01 September 2019 - 02:36 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 32243 battles
  • 35,304
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostFanste94, on 01 September 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

How don't I have the same experience

Because you play on minimum settings and get 25fps while the rest of us are running full ultra and get at least 60fps.



Fanste94 #18 Posted 01 September 2019 - 07:16 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4051 battles
  • 398
  • Member since:
    01-13-2013

View PostHomer_J, on 01 September 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

Because you play on minimum settings and get 25fps while the rest of us are running full ultra and get at least 60fps.

I play on Medium settings and only 5 of you on the forum play on Ultra settings, I asked people in the chat in game how many fps they have and they say around 35fps



Nethraniel #19 Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:15 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 14535 battles
  • 2,570
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostFanste94, on 01 September 2019 - 07:16 PM, said:

I play on Medium settings and only 5 of you on the forum play on Ultra settings, I asked people in the chat in game how many fps they have and they say around 35fps

Whatever... I play on 4k / Ultra with 60+ fps... Do you really think, that the game will work better for your potato rig, if it runs on Unity? 



jack_timber #20 Posted 01 September 2019 - 09:11 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 40279 battles
  • 3,238
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

View PostFanste94, on 01 September 2019 - 06:16 PM, said:

I play on Medium settings and only 5 of you on the forum play on Ultra settings, I asked people in the chat in game how many fps they have and they say around 35fps

It may take a whiles but you will come to the conclusion that your PC really does need an upgrade...

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users