• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

seXikanac #1 Posted 29 August 2019 - 03:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13381 battles
  • [-YU-] -YU-

Hi,
I have some experience in battle royale games so IMHO most BR games are boring since the majority of the players tend to loot and evade conflict. You are wasting time wandering around 95+ per cent of the time and fighting just for some short amount of time. When I started playing Steel Hunter mod I realized some things could and should be done better to evade those BR games errors.

First one is the danger zone. I like how it works but it appears too late in the game. Majority of the players do hide and camp until danger zone appears. I think that danger zone should start almost after the beginning of the round

The second one is already mentioned camping. Cure for that is camping penalty timer that starts to deplete HP if tank don't move for like 10 seconds.

Do you have some feedback for WG of your own?

WhoCares01 #2 Posted 29 August 2019 - 03:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23606 battles
Shorter time before receiving damage in red zone (e.g. 5secs instead of the current 15secs), and somewhat variable time when the yellow zone turns red, let's say 30-60secs.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #3 Posted 29 August 2019 - 03:56 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles
Maybe add a permanent rank between 15 and 25 as that's where things get hot.

Maschinenkanone #4 Posted 29 August 2019 - 03:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45954 battles
  • [MBEV] MBEV

If I want direct and fast pvp confrontation I go into Random battles. So for me it is perfectly fine if there is also some kind of evade and stealth dimension.

Actually, I would prefer if the starting spawn zones are not that crowded with players - being killed 10sec after the initial spawn sucks.

Other than this I consider STEAL HUNTER to be quite a well designed mode.

There is time for critique - and there is time for compliment. This time I need to place a compliment.

falcon_96 #5 Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25853 battles

View PostseXikanac, on 29 August 2019 - 02:09 PM, said:

Hi,
I have some experience in battle royale games so IMHO most BR games are boring since the majority of the players tend to loot and evade conflict. You are wasting time wandering around 95+ per cent of the time and fighting just for some short amount of time. When I started playing Steel Hunter mod I realized some things could and should be done better to evade those BR games errors.

First one is the danger zone. I like how it works but it appears too late in the game. Majority of the players do hide and camp until danger zone appears. I think that danger zone should start almost after the beginning of the round

The second one is already mentioned camping. Cure for that is camping penalty timer that starts to deplete HP if tank don't move for like 10 seconds.

Do you have some feedback for WG of your own?

I'm one of the campers you speak of, and i did it only because of the chevron progress system this mode has, it encourages camping, it is the most efficient way to get the rewards early. If i play aggressively and try to fight for the airdrops to upgrade my tank, there is good chance i will die early, leading to either no chevrons gained or even a loss, the other thing is, why bother risking to collect exp for upgrades past the speed level? To contest the win? And for what, an extra chevron? In most games i avoided battle, i got in the top 3 and gained 3 chevrons. If win granted 5 chevrons for example, that might have been tempting, but for 1 extra?!

Now i have finished the grind(in 39 battles), and since i actually enjoy the mode i can play it for fun, without having to worry that 1 wrong move can cost me the progress i made in the previous game.

Edited by falcon_96, 29 August 2019 - 05:43 PM.

hungarian_tanker #6 Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 43355 battles
  • [HUNFP] HUNFP
Whose insane idea was that in Steel Hunter, the tank could be lit but not extinguished? The game again decides who wins the battle, not the skill! How do you allow them to go into a game and play in a stage when they are pressed simultaneously? You, WG, are a great example of how to break a fundamentally good game with stupid ideas. And that applies to the whole game. And you're amazed that the number of players is dropping! Congratulation!

In the last game I am better, just one shot missing, but the opponent lights up the tank and wins. Seriously, do you think this is fair? Why is it by chance that who wins? Why not rely on player talent? Why can't you make a really exciting, fun game that is fun and not frustrating? Can I help you? Because I think you need it

Edited by hungarian_tanker, 29 August 2019 - 05:54 PM.

nat_stern #7 Posted 29 August 2019 - 06:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7769 battles
  • [O__D] O__D

Bans for those who team together for the whole battle.

But not for those who for example,decide to gang up on the player that is trying fo shoot them both while they are fighting.

VanGore78 #8 Posted 29 August 2019 - 06:40 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 74453 battles

Overall a fun mode:

Pros

• No money grab! No gold, no BS
  • A fair way to earn a good amount of bonds also for less experienced players. 
  • Open and accessible for all
  • Single player and platoons are one development path but separated in game. Excellent!
  • Platoon mode is fun.

Cons: 

• I reached rank 25 too easily with avoiding fights. Hit 3, get the F out and secure minimum 2 Chevrons. Never engaged before upgrading the gun, when I felt behind in upgrades I was just hiding, often securing 3 chevrons. 
  • BAN RIGGERS. MERCILESS FOR TWO WEEKS. I filed multiple reports, after finishing 3. against clan members just sandwiching me. 
  • Make fights more tactical, show the enemies tier, improve gun handling, give back a large amount of health after killing so that lurkers have a harder time. Or give some Berserker mode for kill streaks, something that makes active fighting fighting rewarding. Now fighting is just wasted loot time.
  • BAN RIGGERS. MERCILESS FOR TWO WEEKS.
  • Death zones have to do close faster
  • No motivation to continue playing after rank 25
  • More maps!!! More maps!!!

Edited by VanGore78, 29 August 2019 - 06:41 PM.

seXikanac #9 Posted 29 August 2019 - 09:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13381 battles
  • [-YU-] -YU-

View PostVanGore78, on 29 August 2019 - 06:40 PM, said:

Overall a fun mode:

Pros

• Single player and platoons are one development path but separated in game. Excellent!
  • Platoon mode is fun.

Cons: 

• I reached rank 25 too easily with avoiding fights. Hit 3, get the F out and secure minimum 2 Chevrons. Never engaged before upgrading the gun, when I felt behind in upgrades I was just hiding, often securing 3 chevrons. 
  • BAN RIGGERS. MERCILESS FOR TWO WEEKS. I filed multiple reports, after finishing 3. against clan members just sandwiching me. 
  • Make fights more tactical, show the enemies tier, improve gun handling, give back a large amount of health after killing so that lurkers have a harder time. Or give some Berserker mode for kill streaks, something that makes active fighting fighting rewarding. Now fighting is just wasted loot time.

Great ideas

Dramya #10 Posted 29 August 2019 - 09:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15684 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_

View PostVanGore78, on 29 August 2019 - 07:40 PM, said:

Overall a fun mode:

Pros

• Platoon mode is fun.

Cons: 

I wholeheartedly agree with you on almost all your points except on your last point. This map is already a huge maze, but at least now you can get to know it a bit before the game mode ends. I utilized that map knowledge many times in early games to stay out of harms way, the ones that die early are usually the ones that will also start to hunt you without realizing it's generally a bad idea to do so in early game. At least now I can outrun them or steer them towards another enemy without too much risk for myself.

Shivvering #11 Posted 29 August 2019 - 10:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34567 battles

Get rid of fires - puts more RNG in to otherwise fun 1v1 engagements.

Ban Teamers.

Gruff_ #12 Posted 30 August 2019 - 03:14 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22897 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Make the base game better, rework maps and tank balance rather than waste resources on all these extras.  At the moment random battles + teams in them are really not enjoyable for me comapred to skirmish or team battles, there i dont care if we loose because you have had good fight, but randoms they make me so angry, no matter what mood I startout with it and thats normally a positive ok lets do this gogo team anyoen for a toon kind of thing it always ends frustrated and peed off.

So my steelhunter feedback- I think you wasted the time on it when improvements are really needed to the base game and ingame help/tutorials or similar given to the players to get better / understand the game so we dont have to keep suffering 15-3 15-4 15-2 defeats and top tiers not having a clue.  Noone reads this crap apart from us forum users anyway or they would have taken on board feedback years ago :bush:

Edited by Gruff_, 30 August 2019 - 03:17 AM.

LordMuffin #13 Posted 30 August 2019 - 07:27 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 53499 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Posthungarian_tanker, on 29 August 2019 - 05:44 PM, said:

Whose insane idea was that in Steel Hunter, the tank could be lit but not extinguished? The game again decides who wins the battle, not the skill! How do you allow them to go into a game and play in a stage when they are pressed simultaneously? You, WG, are a great example of how to break a fundamentally good game with stupid ideas. And that applies to the whole game. And you're amazed that the number of players is dropping! Congratulation!

In the last game I am better, just one shot missing, but the opponent lights up the tank and wins. Seriously, do you think this is fair? Why is it by chance that who wins? Why not rely on player talent? Why can't you make a really exciting, fun game that is fun and not frustrating? Can I help you? Because I think you need it

If you are skillful at fighting, you get to enemies back/side and shoot them for a fire while keeping front to enemy tank.

If you are not skillful, you let enemy shoot your side or back.

Dramya #14 Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:22 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15684 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_

View PostLordMuffin, on 30 August 2019 - 08:27 AM, said:

If you are skillful at fighting, you get to enemies back/side and shoot them for a fire while keeping front to enemy tank.

If you are not skillful, you let enemy shoot your side or back.

Truth be told, the amount of fires and ammoracks (both giving and receiving) is insanely high. Ammoracks can be repaired, but a fire in a fight is an almost certain defeat, and it happens a bit too often.

LordMuffin #15 Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 53499 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostDramya, on 30 August 2019 - 11:22 AM, said:

Truth be told, the amount of fires and ammoracks (both giving and receiving) is insanely high. Ammoracks can be repaired, but a fire in a fight is an almost certain defeat, and it happens a bit too often.

Yes they are high if you let enemy shot your back or side. As long as you keep enemies in front, you neither burn or get ammo racked.

kdaag #16 Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28546 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS

I actually disagree with the people who think that this mode should be more challenging. I think that this mode is perfectly relaxing and the grind is very manageable. Everyone who can play this mode will get 5000 bonds and 2million credits without breaking a sweat. This is half a tier 10 tank on TotT and a piece of improved equipment. Or to be saved up for the bonds shop or cw auction.

Not having to play 10hours a day for 1-2 weeks is great! Some of us actually have to work, take care of our families and have other things to do but play games all day.

I get 2-3 chevrons every game by just driving around, leveling up and now and then shooting someone or running away while watching a movie at the same time...

pecopad #17 Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:27 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29808 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

Random progression, and only one tank type to start with.

Possibly no spotting mechanics, no six sense 

Faster red zone at start and slower on the end, it just closes to fast

Level 8 is just to OP compared with level 7

killer999death #18 Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25707 battles
  • [JHS] JHS
I once shot a guy 2 times. I set him on fire 2 times. He was the first one to die and it all happened in the first minute.

I really feel sorry for the guy because he got punished not for his bad play but because fires are so easily caused and because spawn location are just f**king dumb in this mode. Losing 2 chevrons like that in an event with progression fu**ing sucks Wargaming. Make FUN game modes not FRUSTRATING ones. Instead you jumped on the battle royal bandwagon, so original.

seXikanac #19 Posted 30 August 2019 - 02:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13381 battles
  • [-YU-] -YU-

View PostLordMuffin, on 30 August 2019 - 12:08 PM, said:

Yes they are high if you let enemy shot your back or side. As long as you keep enemies in front, you neither burn or get ammo racked.

Got on fire several times from enemies at the front of me

pecopad #20 Posted 30 August 2019 - 02:18 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29808 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View PostseXikanac, on 30 August 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

Got on fire several times from enemies at the front of me

+1

Although I just avoid fights at all costs at start, unless I'm in the German tank and the opponent is one of the other tanks... Still lost some fights due to fires.

Latter in the game, I don't mind or even pay attention, but I confess I get a bit P*** off when I catch fire at the start... and since I use the face hug strategy with the German, almost all my fires are frontal.

When I play Russian or american, I never fight... only the last ones and occasional far shots to increase XP

Edited by pecopad, 30 August 2019 - 02:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users