Jump to content


110 VS IS-3

110 IS-3

  • Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: 110 VS IS-3 (49 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Is the 110 comparable in competitive formats to the IS-3?

  1. Yes! (10 votes [20.41%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 20.41%

  2. No! (33 votes [67.35%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 67.35%

  3. I have no idea. (6 votes [12.24%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 12.24%

Vote Hide poll

The_Naa #1 Posted 29 August 2019 - 04:18 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 8317 battles
  • 1,388
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

Hello :)

 

Is the 110 (Chinese Tier 8 tech tree heavy) comparable in competitive formats (Strongholds, Clan Wars, Global map) to the IS-3 (Soviet Tier 8 tech tree heavy)?

 

 

so here are some Pro's of the vehicles when compared to each other.

 

Both have the same APCR penetration.

 

110:

-Better hull armour,

-Better turret armour, (as it does not have the roof weakspot)

-More DPM,

-Accuracy and Aim time are better,

-More Hit Points,

-Faster when going forward,

-View range is better.

 

IS-3:

-Better Alpha damage,

...

-thats about it :unsure:



HaZardeur #2 Posted 29 August 2019 - 04:24 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 37187 battles
  • 1,634
  • Member since:
    08-14-2010

View PostThe_Naa, on 29 August 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

 

 

IS-3:

-Better Alpha damage,

...

-thats about it :unsure:

 

You missed that the IS3 has Stalins legacy coded into its gun so snapshots always hit :P try that withh anything non-russian.



4nt #3 Posted 29 August 2019 - 04:36 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29234 battles
  • 1,584
  • Member since:
    04-09-2013
110 is poorer reverse sidescraper due to no Black hole armor over tracks. Also 'shoulders' of 110 hull seem weaker, LFP is 20% larger. What else...

Schepel #4 Posted 29 August 2019 - 04:37 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 65859 battles
  • 3,721
  • Member since:
    05-13-2013
Wow, this is an old school topic. Think this particular debate has been 'won' by the IS-3 literally years ago. How come you ask it again, OP?

Edited by Schepel, 29 August 2019 - 04:37 PM.


8126Jakobsson #5 Posted 29 August 2019 - 04:38 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 78842 battles
  • 5,242
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View Post4nt, on 29 August 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:

reverse sidescraper

 

That's still a thing? 



Schepel #6 Posted 29 August 2019 - 04:40 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 65859 battles
  • 3,721
  • Member since:
    05-13-2013

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 29 August 2019 - 04:38 PM, said:

 

That's still a thing? 

 

Yea, it is. Can be quite useful at times, especially when people think they have flanked you. (a)



The_Naa #7 Posted 29 August 2019 - 04:44 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 8317 battles
  • 1,388
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View PostSchepel, on 29 August 2019 - 04:37 PM, said:

Wow, this is an old school topic. Think this particular debate has been 'won' by the IS-3 literally years ago. How come you ask it again, OP?


i need updated data. (because reasons :hiding:)

after arty stun changes, wheeled tanks, defenders, progettos, 2 key = win.

all that good stuff so i think a reroll is needed.



4nt #8 Posted 29 August 2019 - 04:49 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29234 battles
  • 1,584
  • Member since:
    04-09-2013

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 29 August 2019 - 04:38 PM, said:

 

That's still a thing? 

Very. Is and 110 do suffer from high Caliber high pen proliferation, so some care needs to Be taken to prevent double overmatch being able to pen. But during both grinds I did succesfully reverse sidescrape moderately well, IIRC did t28 htc ht15 with is-3.

 

Although both are IMO more of hulldown tanks today.


Edited by 4nt, 29 August 2019 - 04:50 PM.


vasilinhorulezz #9 Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:01 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27966 battles
  • 1,994
  • Member since:
    09-26-2014

View PostThe_Naa, on 29 August 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

110:

-Better hull armour,   No, not really, LFP is bigger and flatter.

-Better turret armour, (as it does not have the roof weakspot)   Weak cupolas, turret roof is 40mm, so not a big difference against 122mm guns.

-More DPM,  The meta favors alpha over dpm most of the time.

-Accuracy and Aim time are better,    Can it reliably snap Stalin's enemies from 500m?

-More Hit Points,

-Faster when going forward, 

-View range is better.   You don't really need the view range in team modes, it's not randoms, you scouts are supposed to know what to do, and light targets for you.

 

You generally can use the tank, it's not bad but the ol'reliable IS-3 probably wins (now 252U), it is a better sidescrapper and is (was) the alpha king in the tier.



XxKuzkina_MatxX #10 Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:06 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,320
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

Yes it is comparable. ;)



Irisviel_Einzbern #11 Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:13 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 11873 battles
  • 68
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016
IS-3 has better gun handling soft stats and better mobility, better turret, all combined with the high alpha make it simply better. Oh, and spaced armor on the sides.

The_Naa #12 Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:15 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 8317 battles
  • 1,388
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 29 August 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

View PostThe_Naa, on 29 August 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

110:

-Better hull armour,   No, not really, LFP is bigger and flatter.

-Better turret armour, (as it does not have the roof weakspot)   Weak cupolas, turret roof is 40mm, so not a big difference against 122mm guns.

-More DPM,  The meta favors alpha over dpm most of the time.

-Accuracy and Aim time are better,    Can it reliably snap Stalin's enemies from 500m?

-More Hit Points,

-Faster when going forward, 

-View range is better.   You don't really need the view range in team modes, it's not randoms, you scouts are supposed to know what to do, and light targets for you.

You generally can use the tank, it's not bad but the ol'reliable IS-3 probably wins (now 252U), it is a better sidescrapper and is (was) the alpha king in the tier.

 

No, not really, LFP is bigger and flatter. the whole frontal part of the hull on IS-3 is paper. (i did compare both tanks against and 252U spamming gold.)

Weak cupolas, turret roof is 40mm, so not a big difference against 122mm guns. True, but there are other guns beside the 122mm's

The meta favors alpha over dpm most of the time. also true but there are still tanks in use that dont have the alpha, the Caernarvon's for example.

Can it reliably snap Stalin's enemies from 500m?  i have made my rituals and gave my sacrifices for the gods. so yes ;)

You don't really need the view range in team modes, it's not randoms, you scouts are supposed to know what to do, and light targets for you.

it never hurts to have more that the IS-3 or the 252U, and scouts die from time to time. or someone needs a pilbox that can see.


Edited by The_Naa, 29 August 2019 - 05:15 PM.


CmdRatScabies #13 Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:17 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 38551 battles
  • 5,197
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 29 August 2019 - 05:06 PM, said:

Yes it is comparable. ;)

You can compare it but it's not comparable in terms of similar performance etc.  That is, you can compare me to Usain Bolt but I'm not comparable.


Edited by CmdRatScabies, 29 August 2019 - 05:18 PM.


NekoPuffer_PPP #14 Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:24 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 34129 battles
  • 3,985
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

The IS-3 hasn't been touched for years, right? Same as the 110?

 

Apart from the lower profile, higher alpha, and black-hole side armor, it's not much better than the 110. It's harder to hit. The 110 is easy to pen once it overangles, but with the IS-3 you still have to aim below the spaced armor carefully.



XxKuzkina_MatxX #15 Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:24 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,320
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 29 August 2019 - 08:17 PM, said:

You can compare it but it's not comparable in terms of similar performance etc.  That is, you can compare me to Usain Bolt but I'm not comparable.

 

Both tanks are very similar with the IS-3 having an edge in armor and gun performance hence they're comparable.



CmdRatScabies #16 Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:27 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 38551 battles
  • 5,197
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 29 August 2019 - 05:24 PM, said:

 

Both tanks are very similar with the IS-3 having an edge in armor and gun performance hence they're comparable.

One of them is really good, the other is the most horrible tank ever to be placed in the game (prior to the release of the British light tanks).



XxKuzkina_MatxX #17 Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:34 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,320
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 29 August 2019 - 08:27 PM, said:

One of them is really good, the other is the most horrible tank ever to be placed in the game (prior to the release of the British light tanks).

 

Those are extremes, one is "really good" and the other is "the most horrible" yet your damage output in both tanks are very similar.



CmdRatScabies #18 Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:38 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 38551 battles
  • 5,197
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 29 August 2019 - 05:34 PM, said:

 

Those are extremes, one is "really good" and the other is "the most horrible" yet your damage output in both tanks are very similar.

I had unremittingly bad games in the 110.  Scarred me for life.  



The_Naa #19 Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:40 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 8317 battles
  • 1,388
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 29 August 2019 - 05:38 PM, said:

I had unremittingly bad games in the 110.  Scarred me for life.  


i had unremittingly bad games in my 252U. almost sold the thing.



CmdRatScabies #20 Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:41 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 38551 battles
  • 5,197
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostThe_Naa, on 29 August 2019 - 05:40 PM, said:


i had unremittingly bad games in my 252U. almost sold the thing.

I think my damage per game in the 110 may be boosted by self harm.  







Also tagged with 110, IS-3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users