Will there ever be a proper coop mode like in World of Warships?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

freddiebox #1 Posted 29 August 2019 - 06:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 577 battles

After only a couple of hundred battles in World of Tanks I almost immediately developed anxiety to launch the game and about a year ago I decided to put down the game for good and look for other alternatives. What made me put down the game comes down to two factors, toxic behaviour by players who can't accept that we're all just humans behind the monitors, and the constant competitive atmosphere. There is nothing called laid back in World of Tanks and I eventually got fed up with it.

I gave War Thunder a chance for about a year and surprisingly I had a good experience with that game. But eventually I fell back into the same rabbit hole and swept away by the competition. Playing War Thunder and World of Tanks have cost me at least one keyboard and mouse from just frustration and constant stress. I eventually gave up with these free to play games and moved on. But recently the games got my interest again but I swore to never return to the hell that was World of Tanks, so I gave World of Warships a try and I have been playing it literally ever day for the past few months and found it most satisfying.

What I love about it is not the game itself as random battles still have the same toxic community and competetive gameplay. But what I love about it is the coop mode that finally offered me a laid back and fun game where you can just put aside any competition and just do your own thing. The coop mode in World of Warships have spawned a parallel community who play coop exclusively. It takes more time and dedication to make an income on playing coop, but honestly as long as I have fun I found the grind to be a breeze thus far. And I do purchase alot of premium vessels to put in coop. 

So in my opinion a coop mode for World of Tanks would be a healthy addition and will without a doubt bring more players to the game. Implementing a coop mode would be pretty simple where you are paired up in a team with players of the same tier-range and vehicles like in random battles, matched up against a team of bots of the same tier and vehicles. The bots should be given official vehicle statistics to make it challenging. Not like the bots we have in the tutorial where you can remove half of their hitpoints in one hit and all they do is bounce off your armour. Of course playing coop will earn you less income to encourage players to jump on random battles and events for long grinds. A coop mode could also be a perfect opportunity to turn it into some form of historical game mode on famous battlefields, nation versus nation events, etc.

I'm aware of the Homefront event but I didn't like the design of that mode compared to the simplicity of the coop mode in World of Warships.

Did Wargaming say anything about Homefront getting integrated to the game some day? Or anything about a proper coop mode in the future?

Edited by freddiebox, 29 August 2019 - 06:32 PM.

SovietBias #2 Posted 29 August 2019 - 06:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38420 battles

Homefront is bound to come back, perhaps with a twist or two. No official date on that. If you take FL as an example, it took a couple of months between the first 'test' version of FL and the beginning of the campaign.

It all depends on how much they want to change and add to the mode from the feedback gathered.

Edit: FL stands for Frontline.

Edited by SovietBias, 29 August 2019 - 06:33 PM.

Dr_Blackshark #3 Posted 29 August 2019 - 06:40 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14954 battles
There is a coop mode, unfortunately you can only play your first 10 or whatever matchesin that mode. After that the mode gets locked. At least this was the thing a few years back.

freddiebox #4 Posted 29 August 2019 - 06:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 577 battles

View PostDr_Blackshark, on 29 August 2019 - 06:40 PM, said:

There is a coop mode, unfortunately you can only play your first 10 or whatever matchesin that mode. After that the mode gets locked. At least this was the thing a few years back.

Ah yes, that is the mode I refered to as the tutorial stage. You used to be able to play that for 10 battles and earn income on it until it got locked. It had limited tanks too. Just something like that but a bit buffed up would do as a simple coop mode.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 29 August 2019 - 07:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72848 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

As you pointed out, we recently had Homefront. And past events have more or less been tests for planned gameplay mechanics. Halloween had multi turrets, WW1 event had wheels. And going by recent Q&A's, I suspect this was too. But if we will see it soon is a different matter.

As for it lacking atm? In the past the reason has been sever capacity. Something a lower population game like WOWS or WOT console has fewer issues with when they launched back in the day.

NoobySkooby #6 Posted 29 August 2019 - 09:43 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16975 battles
  • [D3NK] D3NK

They ought to have the co op mode just as in WoW's (a far more relaxing game) so you can try out ypour new tanks without getting toxic comments from other players, who no doubt would be there for the same thing, one team all up against AI, many people in WoW's play co -op exclusively, nothing wrong in that at all

Also training rooms, yeah you try getting in one with your clan or whatever, no one wants to know, then you get moaned at for being a bot etc, etc

We need training rooms where you can recruit/program AI to practice against, wouldn't take much to implement, but as we know, WG prefers to shove premiums down our necks all the time

Homer_J #7 Posted 29 August 2019 - 10:44 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32362 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Co-op mode where you can slack off and do your own thing? :sceptic:

I think you mean single player.

NekoPuffer_PPP #8 Posted 29 August 2019 - 10:53 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 34129 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC
Last year's halloween event was co-op, so it's probably in the making.

Homer_J #9 Posted 29 August 2019 - 11:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32362 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 29 August 2019 - 10:53 PM, said:

Was it?  I thought it was every man for himself, steal all the glowy bits you could then leave your fellow players to die.

freddiebox #10 Posted 29 August 2019 - 11:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 577 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 29 August 2019 - 10:44 PM, said:

I see this comment in almost every topic about possible coop gamemodes. No, a coop mode is NOT singlelayer. But you don't hear anyone complain if your team lose a coop battle in World of Warships. That is because you play it to have fun, try out new ships, and not to be competitive. If I played coop like I do in singleplayer games I would probably create a brand new toxic behavior. :P

Edited by freddiebox, 29 August 2019 - 11:15 PM.

Homer_J #11 Posted 29 August 2019 - 11:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32362 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postfreddiebox, on 29 August 2019 - 11:15 PM, said:

That is because you play it to have fun, try out new ships, and not to be competitive.

Doesn't sound very co-operative to me.

Does sound a lot like last years Halloween mode though.

NoobySkooby #12 Posted 30 August 2019 - 07:43 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16975 battles
  • [D3NK] D3NK

View PostHomer_J, on 29 August 2019 - 11:20 PM, said:

Doesn't sound very co-operative to me.

Does sound a lot like last years Halloween mode though.

It is actually fun, but then again WoW's is not as toxic for the majority of the games, you get some who have switched from WoT's to WoW's and take their shitty attitudes with them,they usually get told to feck off back to tanks and their precious XVM shyte, also team cross chat is a thing in WoW's, where you +1 t the red team for playing well, this sort of thing would simply never happen in this hateful game.

06:44 Added after 1 minute

View PostHomer_J, on 29 August 2019 - 10:44 PM, said:

People do that in this game, you think teamwork is thing here?

Solstad1069 #13 Posted 30 August 2019 - 08:10 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 44487 battles

Not much teamwork in WOWS, that for sure. You just got to love the Cruisers sailing away from their teammates while they desperatly try to avoid torpedo bombers.
Tried it and gave it up.

No problem relaxing and being competitive in WOT standard battles.

8126Jakobsson #14 Posted 30 August 2019 - 08:15 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 78842 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 29 August 2019 - 11:03 PM, said:

Was it?  I thought it was every man for himself, steal all the glowy bits you could then leave your fellow players to die.

Sounds like a bad tactic since it was the total of all collected that mattered and not personal. :P

DaddysLittlePrincess #15 Posted 30 August 2019 - 08:19 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28784 battles
  • [_RO] _RO

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 29 August 2019 - 09:53 PM, said:

I member... do a quick run for 1 snot, return to base, alt+tab, read memes on the internet. Nice coop :great:

Bordhaw #16 Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:12 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14894 battles

View Postfreddiebox, on 29 August 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

After only a couple of hundred battles in World of Tanks I almost immediately developed anxiety to launch the game and about a year ago I decided to put down the game for good and look for other alternatives. What made me put down the game comes down to two factors, toxic behaviour by players who can't accept that we're all just humans behind the monitors, and the constant competitive atmosphere. There is nothing called laid back in World of Tanks and I eventually got fed up with it.

I'm aware of the Homefront event but I didn't like the design of that mode compared to the simplicity of the coop mode in World of Warships.

Did Wargaming say anything about Homefront getting integrated to the game some day? Or anything about a proper coop mode in the future?

isnt Steel Hunter a COOP mode...

freddiebox #17 Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:12 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 577 battles

Well nonetheless I'm glad to see alot of positive responses about a permanent coop mode. 

Honestly I would just be happy if they brought back the coop mode you could play for 10 battles after registering a new account. But in that case make the bots a bit more challenging, and remove the limitations on what tank to bring to battle, and make it available to play for how many battles you want. That is the World of Warships coop mode in a nutshell. Just a copy-paste of random battles but with the enemy team consisting of bots.

Edited by freddiebox, 30 August 2019 - 12:13 PM.

pecopad #18 Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:19 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29261 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

WoT has arty which IMHO is a lot like WoW and PvE...

More relaxed than playing arty... solitaire or the Sims maybe?

LordMuffin #19 Posted 30 August 2019 - 04:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 52608 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
I think WOT is very laid back and non competetive.  Especially random battles.
Just meme around, kill some enemies or do whatever you want.

Tealo #20 Posted 30 August 2019 - 05:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 42822 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF
I was hoping WG would bring back Historic Battles as in a Co-Op mode..They sort of have but in a very limited event only, It could be expanded on..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users