Jump to content


419 and a half won't do

420 HEAT Cant Blaze It Number of the Beast

  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

SovietBias #1 Posted 29 August 2019 - 07:57 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38420 battles
  • 1,591
  • Member since:
    06-10-2013

So, I was trying to find a way to let my teammates know that I use the 420 HEAT ammo on my JPE100, and this happened:

 

 

Why WG?:(

 

And to all Iron Maiden fans out there, I've tried and you are also not welcome.

 



The_Naa #2 Posted 29 August 2019 - 07:58 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 8317 battles
  • 1,388
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017
420 + - 25% RNG ;)

Balc0ra #3 Posted 29 August 2019 - 08:02 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 72848 battles
  • 20,704
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Well you can blame April 20th or 4:20 for that. 

 

That said. Is there a complete list of blocked numbers somewhere?



MeetriX #4 Posted 29 August 2019 - 08:06 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 23848 battles
  • 3,892
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012
Illegal numbers for a reason.

NekoPuffer_PPP #5 Posted 29 August 2019 - 08:19 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 34123 battles
  • 3,985
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostMeetriX, on 29 August 2019 - 09:06 PM, said:

Illegal numbers for a reason.

 

Making numbers illegal should be illegal.

 

The American police still use 911 as their main emergency call, even after what happened on 9/11.

 

It's ridiculous. Banning numbers? What the...

 



WindSplitter1 #6 Posted 29 August 2019 - 08:20 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 18918 battles
  • 3,403
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016
420 = Uncle Adolf's Bday.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 29 August 2019 - 08:29 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 72848 battles
  • 20,704
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostWindSplitter1, on 29 August 2019 - 08:20 PM, said:

420 = Uncle Adolf's Bday.

 

Well.... I suspect 99% of the people that did try to put in 420 was thinking of a different event that day then his Bday.



Tigerfish_Torpedo #8 Posted 29 August 2019 - 08:51 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 34262 battles
  • 204
  • [BC-V] BC-V
  • Member since:
    10-08-2013

If we, as a society, start banning the use of numbers that ever had any negative events associated with them, we'd run out of numbers very, very, quickly.

 

'Hey, Jim, how many kids do you have?' … 'Erm, I can't tell you. The number was apparently associated with the number of gunmen involved in [insert event here]'.

Hey, Fred, how long have you worked at this company?' … 'How long? Well, I really can't say. The number was banned. But next year I'll have been here for [insert number here]'.

 

Hey WG, you do realise that numbers alone aren't inherently evil, right? Take 420... Did you know that in the UK we write dates as '20/04' and not '04/20'? Does this mean we can't use '204' for the same reason?

 

This is complete and utter madness!



MeetriX #9 Posted 29 August 2019 - 08:58 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 23848 battles
  • 3,892
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

View PostTigerfish_Torpedo, on 29 August 2019 - 08:51 PM, said:

If we, as a society, start banning the use of numbers that ever had any negative events associated with them, we'd run out of numbers very, very, quickly.

 

'Hey, Jim, how many kids do you have?' … 'Erm, I can't tell you. The number was apparently associated with the number of gunmen involved in [insert event here]'.

Hey, Fred, how long have you worked at this company?' … 'How long? Well, I really can't say. The number was banned. But next year I'll have been here for [insert number here]'.

 

Hey WG, you do realise that numbers alone aren't inherently evil, right? Take 420... Did you know that in the UK we write dates as '20/04' and not '04/20'? Does this mean we can't use '204' for the same reason?

 

This is complete and utter madness!

It is not if. It already happen.

Some numbers are illegal. You can get a prison sentence if you use them.



Gruff_ #10 Posted 29 August 2019 - 09:30 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21534 battles
  • 1,085
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    09-22-2011
It's pathetic.

NekoPuffer_PPP #11 Posted 29 August 2019 - 09:37 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 34123 battles
  • 3,985
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostMeetriX, on 29 August 2019 - 09:58 PM, said:

It is not if. It already happen.

Some numbers are illegal. You can get a prison sentence if you use them.

 

Humanity never ceases to disappoint me.



SovietBias #12 Posted 29 August 2019 - 09:40 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38420 battles
  • 1,591
  • Member since:
    06-10-2013

View PostMeetriX, on 29 August 2019 - 07:58 PM, said:

It is not if. It already happen.

Some numbers are illegal. You can get a prison sentence if you use them.


Say you are taking your Algebra 101 and one the basis vectors is (4,2,0).


Is the professor in trouble?


Edited by SovietBias, 29 August 2019 - 09:40 PM.


WindSplitter1 #13 Posted 29 August 2019 - 11:25 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 18918 battles
  • 3,403
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostSovietBias, on 29 August 2019 - 08:40 PM, said:


Say you are taking your Algebra 101 and one the basis vectors is (4,2,0).


Is the professor in trouble?


According to your signature:

 

Nah



Dava_117 #14 Posted 29 August 2019 - 11:30 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 22489 battles
  • 4,946
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014
Yeh, this number thing is just idiotic. People being offended by numbers should be considered as psycho and not taken into account. Its Its one of the thing that makes me lose faith in most of the human kind...

I_Gutmensch_Deluxe_I #15 Posted 29 August 2019 - 11:35 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18383 battles
  • 266
  • [NASO] NASO
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013

#NoNumberIsIllegal

 



Dorander #16 Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:12 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21025 battles
  • 6,032
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostTigerfish_Torpedo, on 29 August 2019 - 07:51 PM, said:

If we, as a society, start banning the use of numbers that ever had any negative events associated with them, we'd run out of numbers very, very, quickly.

 

 

No, we wouldn't. It's literally impossible to run out of numbers.

 

 

 



Balc0ra #17 Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:47 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 72848 battles
  • 20,704
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostDava_117, on 29 August 2019 - 11:30 PM, said:

Yeh, this number thing is just idiotic. People being offended by numbers should be considered as psycho and not taken into account. Its Its one of the thing that makes me lose faith in most of the human kind...

 

Well I found a partial list. It's mostly just things that can refferense dates, events etc. Most of them I suspect are blocked just to cover their end from preventing those that are offended etc to make anything out of it. And apparently, some were blocked to make sure not to fiddle with any local laws some places. As in SS related numbers.



kubawt112 #18 Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:54 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 3378 battles
  • 758
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
There's no universal answer to 'everything' in WoT, hence '42' is banned. ))))

Schepel #19 Posted 30 August 2019 - 03:08 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 65859 battles
  • 3,721
  • Member since:
    05-13-2013
Some combinations of numbers have gained the kind of reputation that would see wot banned in Germany. So WG had to make sure they couldn't be used. Only 'minor' issue here is that they went totally overboard and banned a large number of combinations one would have to think google long and hard to figure out what the problem might be. I very much doubt it is to make sure some people don't get offended. It is mostly a legal department that had a lot of fun making a list of numbers that might, conceivably, maybe, possibly get WG in some minor trouble that really couldn't have been fixed in a much less user unfriendly manner.

SovietBias #20 Posted 30 August 2019 - 06:38 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38420 battles
  • 1,591
  • Member since:
    06-10-2013

View PostSchepel, on 30 August 2019 - 02:08 AM, said:

I very much doubt it is to make sure some people don't get offended. It is mostly a legal department that had a lot of fun making a list of numbers that might, conceivably, maybe, possibly get WG in some minor trouble that really couldn't have been fixed in a much less user unfriendly manner.

 

It feels odd, since, as far as I know, you are not prevented from using it in your nickname, for instance. I'm certain there are nicknames with 666 or 420 or whatever number, not to mention all the 'War heroes' names running around.

 

Like you say, someone may had fun making a list of 'bad' numbers, but I'll add that it not only seems excessive but also seems uncoordinated with everything else. As if WG had various people that could just decide about aspects of the game without any reference point.

 

Edit: thank you F_U_R_Y_666 for confirming my point!


Edited by SovietBias, 30 August 2019 - 11:11 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users