So I returned to play Frontline

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Ilknur_Ibryam #1 Posted 29 August 2019 - 09:16 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13774 battles

To realise the mode is actually pretty good. Still Random games and the awful map design is horrible. I really have no motivation to play the regular random battles. No matter the vehicles, when i see the tiny corridor maps I just want to throw up and alt + f4. And that is what I did since Monday. Play a game or two... say yeah "same old boring stuff" and quit.

What I liked in Frontliine -

1) re spawns and your actual progress on the line and wasting your life matters. Which means I can clear a corridor (yes, there are corridors even there) and respawn and make use of the zone I  just cleared.

2) after the initial cap zones the game becomes very mobile and interesting... like the corridors freaking disappear - skills like view range, camo start matter

3) spotting matters - I am a huge light tank fan and I see there is a new branch of light tanks which seem funny

4) you do not need to stack gold and optimal gear as tier 8 vehicles are pretty much well balanced and armour is not such a big factor

5) the game becomes not a camping fest ... sorry but the random battles are a camping fest and a battle between armours and gold ammo and luck.

6) you are making progress - if I hit General and Mayor I can see i have made some credits and exp and that used to happen often. I was able to hit at least major every 3rd game - yeah I am a bad player.

And inb4 omg light tank spammer... I actually played mainly VK 100 and t44, with occassional IS 3 and LTTB

And it is such a disappointment - since Monday I cant even make 10 games in the random battles and there is no frontline... 

Edited by Ilknur_Ibryam, 29 August 2019 - 09:17 PM.

Miljac72 #2 Posted 29 August 2019 - 09:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 58981 battles
Since Monday?
You are living in which time zone?

Homer_J #3 Posted 29 August 2019 - 10:42 PM

Field Marshal

• 32940 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostIlknur_Ibryam, on 29 August 2019 - 09:16 PM, said:

To realise the mode is actually pretty good.

I guess this is the first session of FL you have played then.

1) re spawns and your actual progress on the line and wasting your life matters.

Wait until you realise none of your team mates care about winning.  Spinning the game out for another two minutes is more important than backing up your attack.

skills like view range, camo start matter

Until the first set of spotter planes start flying around when camo becomes completely irrelevant.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users