Stats have little value and that's sad

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

RemzDNB #1 Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:14 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9803 battles

I'm playing this game for less than a year, 10k games, ~1k4 WN8.
If I put much money into the game and free XPed all my tanks modules, I'd be at 2k.
If I make another account, now that I know how to play, and do the same thing, I'd probably be around 2k5.

I'd really like to play for my stats, that's a cool thing, but there's no point trying to compete with P2W players.

Don't get me wrong, I got a premium account and some premium tanks, but you obviously can go far more than that into the P2W.

The stats are just there to spot the very bad players, I mean when you're under 1000 WN8 at 10k+ games, you're a bad player no matter what.

So yeah, stats are the only thing that could keep me sane, because I meet so many extremely bad players, I somehow need a proof that I'm better than them. But even that doesn't really mean anything.

I think I'm just gonna AltF4 + uninstall, I wish I could have more fun with this game but everything is so broken, everything is so *edited, it's insane, I've never seen that in 15+ years of online gaming.

Being a game developper myself, I think all this is very sad, because game devs are supposed to be cool people, and WG are just the worst cash grabbers, they don't give a sh*t about anything except the money they can make. I'm surprised they can even make IRL events and keep a straight face, I'd be ashamed to manage a game like this.

I wish I never played this game in the first place but hey, it is what it is.

Edited by flashmove_iron, 31 August 2019 - 11:41 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate content.

superfly2000 #2 Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:18 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 81289 battles
  • [SFLY] SFLY
What is truly sad is players playing for any other stat than winning. That being said i agree there should be more extras for winning games.

barison1 #3 Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:29 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 43589 battles

View PostRemzDNB, on 30 August 2019 - 10:14 AM, said:

I'd really like to play for my stats, that's a cool thing, but there's no point trying to compete with P2W players.

Don't get me wrong, I got a premium account and some premium tanks, but you obviously can go far more than that into the P2W.

indeed you can grab overperforming tech tree tanks like vk10001p, t95 and opbj430 (are more for sure but too lazy to check bunch winrate curves) to boost your winrate

grab tanks with low expected values to pad wn8, things like LT etc

also why care about stats that much? bunch unicums dont care either, just play WoT for entertainment

RemzDNB #4 Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:31 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9803 battles

WR also doesn't mean much if you ask me. If you only play T95 Chieftain and this kind of tanks, you will obviously have a better win ratio than if you try to play with less competitive tanks or with arty.

You will always have a way bigger impact on the game being at the frontline, rather than being in the back trying to support your team.

You can carry as support in League Of Legend for example, because it's 5v5 and if you're good you can have a huge impact on the game, even if you don't deal that much damage.

But 15v15 ? It's mostly about luck

Obviously there are some players who can carry with any tank (Skill4ltu <3) but these are the 0.1% best of the best players, nothing to do with us.

Edited by RemzDNB, 30 August 2019 - 10:35 AM.

barison1 #5 Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:35 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 43589 battles

View PostRemzDNB, on 30 August 2019 - 10:31 AM, said:

yes and no

there is still a massive skill difference between a 45%er and a 50%er and a 60%er

tf are you doing is around 40%

tomatoes are around 45%

average is around 50%

good is around 55%

unicums 60%+

no one will get 100% as teams drag it down but still a certain % is based purely on skill, but same can be said about bad players, they wont be 0%ers as teams drag them up

Ceeb #6 Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:41 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 32587 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
Stats are there to show your EPEEN...  and for others to look at how small your EPEEN is

Lomion_EU #7 Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40079 battles
  • [CSW] CSW

View PostRemzDNB, on 30 August 2019 - 09:14 AM, said:

If I put much money into the game and free XPed all my tanks modules, I'd be at 2k.
If I make another account, now that I know how to play, and do the same thing, I'd probably be around 2k5.

The stats are just there to spot the very bad players, I mean when you're under 1000 WN8 at 10k+ games, you're a bad player no matter what.

So yeah, stats are the only thing that could keep me sane, because I meet so many extremely bad players, I somehow need a proof that I'm better than them. But even that doesn't really mean anything.

I think I'm just gonna AltF4 + uninstall, I wish I could have more fun with this game but everything is so broken, everything is so *edited, it's insane, I've never seen that in 15+ years of online gaming.

Being a game developper myself, I think all this is very sad, because game devs are supposed to be cool people, and WG are just the worst cash grabbers, they don't give a sh*t about anything except the money they can make. I'm surprised they can even make IRL events and keep a straight face, I'd be ashamed to manage a game like this.

Edited by flashmove_iron, 31 August 2019 - 11:43 AM.

Bordhaw #8 Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:45 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14894 battles

View PostRemzDNB, on 30 August 2019 - 09:14 AM, said:

RemzDNB, on 30 August 2019 - 09:14 AM, said:

Stats have little value and that's sad

Edited by flashmove_iron, 31 August 2019 - 11:44 AM.

RemzDNB #9 Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:49 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9803 battles

View Postbarison1, on 30 August 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

yes and no

there is still a massive skill difference between a 45%er and a 50%er and a 60%er

tf are you doing is around 40%

tomatoes are around 45%

average is around 50%

good is around 55%

unicums 60%+

no one will get 100% as teams drag it down but still a certain % is based purely on skill, but same can be said about bad players, they wont be 0%ers as teams drag them up

Yes but still, you can pad this % easily if you want to.

You can't pad your rank in CS:GO, you can't pad your rank in League Of Legend, etc ...

I mean at least there are a lot less external factors that can make you win the game, everyone has more or less the same chance, it doesn't rely on how much money you put into the game xD

Edited by RemzDNB, 30 August 2019 - 10:50 AM.

8126Jakobsson #10 Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:53 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 78842 battles
Why care about some third party statistic though. Just chill, do your thing and whatever number you have you have. 

RemzDNB #11 Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:54 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9803 battles

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 30 August 2019 - 10:53 AM, said:

Why care about some third party statistic though. Just chill, do your thing and whatever number you have you have. 

I said it, because I'm matched with monkeys all day every day, and I need something to know I'm better.
Also I'm only playing competitive games online.
If I wanna chill I start The Sims

barison1 #12 Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:57 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 43589 battles

View PostRemzDNB, on 30 August 2019 - 10:49 AM, said:

Yes but still, you can pad this % easily if you want to.

You can't pad your rank in CS:GO, you can't pad your rank in League Of Legend, etc ...

I mean at least there are a lot less external factors that can make you win the game, everyone has more or less the same chance, it doesn't rely on how much money you put into the game xD

you can pad it easely if going tier 2 platoons in M2LT or so yes, apart from that its a way slower progress

still why do you think money plays such a big role? its mostly based on own skill

money wont make a tomato an unicum, money doesnt buy skill

8126Jakobsson #13 Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:58 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 78842 battles

View PostRemzDNB, on 30 August 2019 - 10:54 AM, said:

I said it, because I'm matched with monkeys all day every day, and I need something to know I'm better.
Also I'm only playing competitive games online.
If I wanna chill I start The Sims

Do you really need to be shown that you are with donkeys when you already know that you are with donkeys? :P

If you're in it for the competitive aspect then I'd suggest some other game, preferably something without 25% RNG on all directions.  

RemzDNB #14 Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:58 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9803 battles

View Postbarison1, on 30 August 2019 - 10:57 AM, said:

you can pad it easely if going tier 2 platoons in M2LT or so yes, apart from that its a way slower progress

still why do you think money plays such a big role? its mostly based on own skill

money wont make a tomato an unicum, money doesnt buy skill

Yes that's also true, if you're bad, even in a OBJ 279 (e), you will still throw all your games.
But at the same level of skill, one player with bad crew + bad tank vs another player with good crew + cheated tank + directives + food ... There is no match

That's also why most games are so one sided, the team that gets most of P2W players, wins the game, it's that simple

Edited by RemzDNB, 30 August 2019 - 11:01 AM.

Balc0ra #15 Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:03 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72848 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostRemzDNB, on 30 August 2019 - 10:14 AM, said:

When you only focus on one thing. Everything else usually turns out like that.

View PostRemzDNB, on 30 August 2019 - 10:31 AM, said:

You can carry as support in League Of Legend for example, because it's 5v5 and if you're good you can have a huge impact on the game, even if you don't deal that much damage.

Luck is when you have a 45% called Steve that has been sitting in base in his top tier HT all game waiting for the enemy to come to him. And he accidentally kill the tank that has killed you flank as he gets near base, as he was on 10% HP. Steve was on 100%, and he did hit 1 out of 15 shots. But still, luck is a part of it with RNG and all that. But even then, a 45% siting the same spot doing damage, vs a 55 or 60% moving around reacting to the map doing damage, and using the terrain to his advantage are two different things.

And there are different ways of impacting the game besides doing all the damage. A bad light driver will sit back late game and fire across the map until his HT gets rolled by the big HT. And he is alone. A good light driver might try and distract the higher tier HT, so that his fellows can shoot the turret back when he turns. He will get zero XP for it. But still frees them up so they can help the other flank that's outgunned to name one. As some games you don't win because you had one doing all the damage. You won because you had several players doing small things like that.

Edited by flashmove_iron, 31 August 2019 - 11:45 AM.

RemzDNB #16 Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:03 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9803 battles

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 30 August 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

Do you really need to be shown that you are with donkeys when you already know that you are with donkeys? :P

If you're in it for the competitive aspect then I'd suggest some other game, preferably something without 25% RNG on all directions.  

Yeah that's why I'm gonna leave soon, going into this game was a very bad decision.

But IDK, the first games were so cool, so intense, but it didn't last long.

barison1 #17 Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:05 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 43589 battles

View PostRemzDNB, on 30 August 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

Yes that's also true, if you're bad, even in a OBJ 279 (e), you will still throw all your games.
But at the same level of skill, one player with bad crew + bad tank vs another player with good crew + cheated tank + directives + food ... There is no match

That's also why most games are so one sided, the team that gets most of P2W players, wins the game, it's that simple

279e is still real rare, besides you can grind it aswell

it isnt a tank you need to buy or can buy

still one sided games happen as often to your team and enemy team, it balances out

RemzDNB #18 Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:07 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9803 battles
I mean some games are still very cool and very intense, but not many of them.

SovietBias #19 Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:08 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38420 battles
So is it stats that have little value or are you just annoyed with your own (historic) performance ?

RemzDNB #20 Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:15 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9803 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 30 August 2019 - 11:03 AM, said:

When you only focus on one thing. Everything else usually turns out like that.

Luck is when you have a 45% called Steve that has been sitting in base in his top tier HT all game waiting for the enemy to come to him. And he accidentally kill the tank that has killed you flank as he gets near base, as he was on 10% HP. Steve was on 100%, and he did hit 1 out of 15 shots. But still, luck is a part of it with RNG and all that. But even then, a 45% siting the same spot doing damage, vs a 55 or 60% moving around reacting to the map doing damage, and using the terrain to his advantage are two different things.

And there are different ways of impacting the game besides doing all the damage. A bad light driver will sit back late game and fire across the map until his HT gets rolled by the big HT. And he is alone. A good light driver might try and distract the higher tier HT, so that his fellows can shoot the turret back when he turns. He will get zero XP for it. But still frees them up so they can help the other flank that's outgunned to name one. As some games you don't win because you had one doing all the damage. You won because you had several players doing small things like that.

Yes you're right there are other ways to carry the game, especially as a light tank. It's probably even easier to carry this way than being in the frontline. But still, if the enemy light has better crew and stuff, therefore better camo and vision, he will outspot you and you will get rekt, always the same P2W issue.

I'm not a kid I can pay for a game I like, but this one ? You need to be rich if you wanna be really competitive :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users