Scouting in LTs doesn't work any more. The game is broken.

Should I buy a wv?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Vela_ZG #1 Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27988 battles
  • [CBS87] CBS87

Lately I've been trying to finish the LT15 mission (8K combined damage) and I can tell you it is impossible. Firstly, you get maybe 10 chances out of 500 games on maps that it is doable on, secondly these WVs are completely ruining the game mechanic that isn't that bad actually. Before WVs you could actually do some tactics with your team mates. You could coordinate an attack, but now this is all complete chaos. And I'm saying this after making damn sure I wasn't wrong about it, I really gave it time, lots of time. These cars are incredibly hard to kill and are unbelievably accurate! Yesterday I got shot by some EBR that was going 90 km/h, flying of a dune, banking to the right, turret turning left across their side from the air while I was staying hidden behind a pile of rubble in my LT432. From 150 m away! By a HE shell that penned! :D I mean really... How much more stupid can this game get? Not only that, it's really impossible to scout any more. I love scouting either passive or active, but in a tank, not a F1 car FFS!

PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS CRAP!

Edited by Vela_ZG, 30 August 2019 - 11:36 AM.

tajj7 #2 Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:49 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28175 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

1. LT-15 is not impossible because literally thousands of players have done it.

2. It's combined damage, which means you can use your gun, which opens up way more options to do it on more maps.

3. Outplaying a WV in a light, especially on as strong as the 432 is really not hard, don't rush like a dummie at the start of the game, use bushes and your superior view range.

4. You are trying to do an 8k combined mission on tier 8, where you have what like 1k hit points on tier 8 light and you'll have games where there is only about 15-16k HP in total on the enemy team meaning you would literally need to be responsible for causing 50% of the whole damage in the game. 

5. Aside the 432 you barely have a high tier light with above 50% WR, which suggests you are not really very good in lights and thus this sort of game would be an exceptional one for you anyway. 

So this really doesn't have much to do with WVs and has a lot more to do with your ability to do this mission and what tanks you have chosen to do it in. 

• Use a tier 10 light (Tier 10 = higher HP equals more damage to get and spot),
  • Put grand battles on (they don't come up often but it opens up even more HP and the maps are bigger/more open than most random maps)
  • Put Assault and Encounter on, they also generally give more maps where spotting is necessary like Karelia Assault, extra Prohk in the rotation etc.
  • Use premium account to block two city/corridor maps
  • Don't rush forward when facing WVs, use more caution early game, use bushes further back and use your superior view range to keep the WV constantly lit up for your team, use your own gun to damage it (but be in a position where you have cover after you shoot).
  • As your only tier 10 light is the Sheridan and its not very good, I suggest grinding the Russian lights as the T-100 lt is the best all round spotter out of the higher tier lights IMO and is a bit more forgiving to mistakes than something big and paper like the Sheridan. 
  • Use the 'Designated Target' directive, WG gave out loads in front line, if you have the skill as well it means tanks are spotted for 4s longer than they usually are which gives more time for the team to shoot your spots and more assistance for you.
  • Platoon with people in TDs and arty you can shoot what you spot. 
  • Don't force the mission, just play the game normally, be patient, when a game develops where you might do the mission, say you have like 4-5k combined with lots of enemies left, then focus hard on it. 

And of course you are free to grind WVs and show us all how easy it is to apparently play these vehicles. 

EDIT: also I thought we were done with the WV whine threads. 

Edited by tajj7, 30 August 2019 - 12:03 PM.

Leopoldus3 #3 Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:52 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13862 battles

Another thing: To many games ending 15-0, 15-1, 15-3 or 15-4. If you driving a slow tank, it is impossible to do anything before the game is over. Something must be wrong in this game.

BlackBloodBandit #4 Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6296 battles

View PostVela_ZG, on 30 August 2019 - 11:32 AM, said:

These cars are incredibly hard to kill and are unbelievably accurate! nope

Yesterday I got shot by some EBR that was going 90 km/h, flying of a dune, banking to the right, turret turning left across their side from the air while I was staying hidden behind a pile of rubble in my LT432. From 150 m away! By a HE shell that penned! :D I mean really... How much more stupid can this game get? Not only that, it's really impossible to scout any more.

Sad you finally got unlucky once in your overpowered premium. I guess Karma did her job well that time:trollface:

Vela_ZG #5 Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27988 battles
  • [CBS87] CBS87

I know it was a lucky shot, but just saying...

BTW, I do use bushes like I should, the problem is that you really rarely get a map that you can do this mission on. The other thing is that while I do have better view range, this means nothing if a WV comes rushing at me and I see him 50 m away while he's doing 90 km/h. And I see him so late because he's also using those same bushes to conceal himself. And then, because I was stationary, I'm too slow to run away from his team mate's shells. While he just drives through our team and manages to get away. Leaving me dead after I was going through hell to finally get this map. I did a couple of times more than 7K damage, but that was it. Plus, my own team mates in WVs are lowering my chances of doing the mission drastically. 

I have 49.53% stationary and 39.53% moving camo and 542m view range, its a beast of a scout that can't do crap. Just think about it. I get tanks as close as 30'40 m away from me and if I'm in a bush, they just don't see me. Plus, I use Focus on target that keeps them lit extra 2 seconds. And food. There's just no way. At one point I was at 79% for second mark but I just gave up. It's meaningless.

Gremlin182 #6 Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:19 PM

General

• Player
  • 57896 battles

Missions can get very frustrating I completed the LT15 for the T55a which is 7k combined

Yes map is important as is team support and a bit of luck.

Actually playing game after game trying to complete a mission is frustrating I find the only way to stay sane is just play for enjoyment or other

I spent a week or so trying to complete with honours the LT4 tracking mission and also the MT12 the incinerator.

While trying to do those I completed the final missions for the Excalibur and got 2 crewmembers thats just the way the game works.

Wheeled vehicles can be a pain but I don't see them every game and quite often they die in the first few minutes.

They can certainly make scouting a challenge, the Wheeled vehicles are anti scouts purpose built to take out other light tanks.

Still it makes life interesting

Vela_ZG #7 Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27988 battles
  • [CBS87] CBS87
No... it doesn't make life interesting. Sorry.

4nt #8 Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29234 battles

View PostLeopoldus3, on 30 August 2019 - 11:52 AM, said:

Another thing: To many games ending 15-0, 15-1, 15-3 or 15-4. If you driving a slow tank, it is impossible to do anything before the game is over. Something must be wrong in this game.

How does this fit with this thread at all? What slow LT are you taking out for lt-15-4?

And tell that to Maus line, t-95 and tortoise, they haven't yet heard about being useless in the game.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72848 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostVela_ZG, on 30 August 2019 - 11:32 AM, said:

Yesterday I got shot by some EBR that was going 90 km/h, flying of a dune, banking to the right, turret turning left across their side from the air while I was staying hidden behind a pile of rubble in my LT432. From 150 m away! By a HE shell that penned! 

Well, I suspect you don't complain when a T32 bounces your 200mm effective turret? You win some, you lose some. It's like they say...

Spoiler

And if you fear the wheels more then the E100 even... Then simply adapt the style to it. Don't rush in first, see where they go and get spotted, as they do 9 out 10 times early on. And spot somewhere else or a further back. As with over 500m view range. You don't have to be as close as he has to spot anything. As most wheels vs good camo has to be closer than 150m. As the advantages you have vs a big blind HT works vs wheels too. Range is your friend.

And if you don't see him at all the first min and go to a lane with 999 bushes so you won't spot anything until he is 50m away like on the 0 lane on Pilsen? Well, now you know. You made a mistake, and you learned from it. If he is not spotted next time on that map for instance in the middle after 60 seconds. You know where he might go, and should reposition yourself. Again, if it's the wheel you fear...

LT-15 is rather map dependent too. And on the maps you have a chance to get it on. Wheels always yolo spot the same areas first. Like on Prokhorovka, not many of them go 1 lane. But more or less middle or towards the 0 lane hill. Then F1 should be a good spot to risk starting at vs going hill or the middle. As that's more or less where I did alliance 15 for 8K combined. Let the wheel have the middle, and I'll take F1 spotting him too.

tajj7 #10 Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28175 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostVela_ZG, on 30 August 2019 - 11:19 AM, said:

I have 49.53% stationary and 39.53% moving camo 

Don't use a camo net and binos on an LT-432, its far far better than just a passive spotter.

You do get it is combined damage yeh, so you can do your own damage as well.  

Also if a WV gets within 50m of you in a bush without you spotting them, then you have done something very wrong. 

But as I said you are lessening your chances trying to do it in a tier 8, use your Sheridan, use rammer, v-stab and optics, use the 105mm gun, use food, use bia, recon, sit awareness. Carry a decent amount of HEAT, with that set up you have over 520m view range on the move, over 3k DPM and you can spot and do plenty of damage. 

do damage, doing like a 3-4k damage game with 4-5k spotting in a tier 10 light is not that hard. 

Edited by tajj7, 30 August 2019 - 01:50 PM.

MarcoStrapone #11 Posted 30 August 2019 - 03:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 42138 battles
  • [-BOMB] -BOMB

and you cry to whom? MM is even broken than before. 10k light tanks every battle give you no opportunity to spot without been spotted or you need to play extra caution. race cars driving speed of light, leave you no chance to spot first or go to spotting position before.

and the fun thing.....your team8s are complaining you in battles, that you are not spotting for them....what means...you not gonna suicide for them at the 1st minute of the battle.

you get 1 from 1 million times, decent spotting map. surprised? WG dont want you or others to play often at PROKHO or MALINOV. why? just ask them.

kubawt112 #12 Posted 30 August 2019 - 05:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

Yeah, it's a stupid mission, because the way to do it for many players is to simply drive to a bush and clench their buttocks and binos (alternatively get the T10 wheelieboi and press 'R' twice). Going to a 'spotting bush' to light up enemies is just about the same mindless gameplay as 'dedicated' spots for sidescraep/sniping/hulldown offers. So much for your 'tactical shooter'.

Frankly, wishing for the mission to be easier (or, rather, 'more doable';) would likely have detrimental effects on gameplay. Prokhorovka is loved by many, but I can't imagine why. It's an open map that isn't really open, and subject to insane amounts of area denial across the midline.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #13 Posted 30 August 2019 - 06:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34085 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostVela_ZG, on 30 August 2019 - 12:19 PM, said:

The other thing is that while I do have better view range, this means nothing if a WV comes rushing at me and I see him 50 m away while he's doing 90 km/h. And I see him so late because he's also using those same bushes to conceal himself. 

Then you're sat in the wrong place. If you can't see the area around you well enough to spot an incoming WV way before he gets up in your face it's not the WV that is the problem because you would have the same thing happen with any other tank that moved thru that cover.

You need to relook at your choice of bushes. 

Solstad1069 #14 Posted 30 August 2019 - 06:31 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 44487 battles
I always tell my team to load HE on their first shot if there are chances one of these cars will come running.

Gremlin182 #15 Posted 30 August 2019 - 06:36 PM

General

• Player
  • 57896 battles

The second set of personal missions are better designed, Instead of an all or nothing mission where if you get partial success you have to do it all again and again.

Some of them are also counter to good teamwork encouraging players to be selfish just to get their mission done.

If only they would revise the first set of missions to allow players to complete primary and secondary parts separately.

Doubt it will happen but changes that while not making the missions easier make them at least not interfere with good play and winning the game.

gunslingerXXX #16 Posted 30 August 2019 - 06:51 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12786 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Spotting in high tiers is broken because everybody has stupidly high viewrange (0 & 2x0 skill crews, improved equipment, directives etc.).

This high VR means you can hardly move around undetected (800x800 maps...) and more annoyingly you share a lot of spotting dmg.

Vela_ZG #17 Posted 30 August 2019 - 09:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27988 battles
  • [CBS87] CBS87

View PostMarcoStrapone, on 30 August 2019 - 03:42 PM, said:

our team8s are complaining you in battles, that you are not spotting for them....what means...you not gonna suicide for them at the 1st minute of the battle.

you get 1 from 1 million times, decent spotting map. 

Exactly!

Long_Range_Sniper #18 Posted 30 August 2019 - 09:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37418 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostVela_ZG, on 30 August 2019 - 10:32 AM, said:

Lately I've been trying to finish the LT15 mission (8K combined damage) and I can tell you it is impossible.

Yep...impossible.

Capture.jpg

Vela_ZG #19 Posted 31 August 2019 - 08:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27988 battles
  • [CBS87] CBS87
OK, where and when did you do it. Prove it please. Because this screenshot could be really old. Before WVs I mean.

Long_Range_Sniper #20 Posted 31 August 2019 - 08:57 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37418 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostVela_ZG, on 31 August 2019 - 07:39 AM, said:

OK, where and when did you do it. Prove it please. Because this screenshot could be really old. Before WVs I mean.

Capture.jpg

1 May 2019

If you have version 1.4.1 installed I will send you the replay link, but it won't work on the current versions.

However there are loads of replays you can watch where LT15 is done even more recently. Just search for tier X, light tank, Ace tanker, patrol duty.

Capture.jpg

The mission is NOT impossible, but takes an understanding of how the game is likely to flow on certain maps.

On Prok, enemy teams often camp the one line. So you ridge/hill spot the start of the game, and once those sides are clear, you spot the one line using the same ridge spotting technique to light up the enemy tanks for your team.

You will see on my game I took zero damage, so it is more than possible. Like all of these missions you do need the right maps and the right enemy teams, but that applies to every one of the 15 level missions generally.

It is certainly easier than some of the other missions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users