WoT premium carries over to WOWS or not?

wot premium account time wows world of tanks world of warships

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

ScytheOfLife #1 Posted 31 August 2019 - 01:54 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4866 battles

I'm sure you have seen this question a lot lately. I've been away for over 6 months and before any WoT premium carried over into WOWS and planes. On the WoT store page it describes the premium time as for WoT only. However on the promo video about these changes it says it still carries over.

My question is what one is it because I cannot seem to find a simple, straight answer.

For instance if I get this will I have premium over on WOWS? https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wot/premium/13631/

If not which one do I need, if there is still a universal premium account time still.

SovietBias #2 Posted 31 August 2019 - 03:43 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39028 battles

WoT premium account will not carry over to other games. There used to be an option to buy the old 'premium account', but seems to have been removed from the World of Tanks store. It is still available in both World of Warships/Airplanes store. Here. It's the last row - Wargaming premium account .

Edited by SovietBias, 31 August 2019 - 03:43 AM.

Inappropriate_noob #3 Posted 31 August 2019 - 12:53 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17490 battles
For a minute there I was thinking of tier 9 ships being sold for cash which is the new meta in WoW's, I'm sure there would be some interesting tanks here if WoT's ever decided to follow suit, but you premium time, no it won't.

ScytheOfLife #4 Posted 31 August 2019 - 01:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4866 battles
I'm pretty sure I remember WarGaming talking about making premium account, gold, currency etc would become universal across the franchise. What on earth happened to that. They have made this way to complicated for no real reason other than money.

BravelyRanAway #5 Posted 31 August 2019 - 01:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24467 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostSovietBias, on 31 August 2019 - 02:43 AM, said:

WoT premium account will not carry over to other games. There used to be an option to buy the old 'premium account', but seems to have been removed from the World of Tanks store. It is still available in both World of Warships/Airplanes store. Here. It's the last row - Wargaming premium account .

If you click on your name on the top right of the forum, in the drop box that appears, it's the option at the very bottom.

BravelyRanAway #6 Posted 31 August 2019 - 01:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24467 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostScytheOfLife, on 31 August 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure I remember WarGaming talking about making premium account, gold, currency etc would become universal across the franchise. What on earth happened to that. They have made this way to complicated for no real reason other than money.

Wargaming premium is shared across all three titles. The Gold and free XP is shared with WoWP's but not with WoWS's. They changed the whole idea of universal when WoT players with lots of hoarded free XP raced up the WoWP's tech-tree. Then when the released WoWS's, they killed the idea of shared Gold and free XP in order to extract more money and time rather than have players climb the tech tree of one game using the free XP gained while playing another title.

Yes, it was a money grab.....but I think it was a mistake. As I never buy Doubloons for WoWS's, but I do use my Gold in WoWP's, so they removed a Gold sink for me when they did that. Now and again I would have liked to spend Gold if it was used in WoWS's and I'm sure many others would have done so too on a casual basis if it was offered....they shot themselves in the foot with that Doubloons idea.

Also tagged with wot, premium, account, time, wows, world of tanks, world of warships

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users