Jump to content


Forum Black List please....

forum police forum toxicity toxic players

  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

7524 #1 Posted 31 August 2019 - 05:28 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 16221 battles
  • 109
  • [PO-T] PO-T
  • Member since:
    01-01-2016
I suggest that the forum introduce the option of blocking certain people like on twitter or something,or like ingame black list. This would work so that the blocked ones would not see the posts of the users that blocked them or respond to them and the inability to send personal messages. This would successfully solve the problem of the forum police, people who think they know a lot but in fact reduce any constructive discussion to the level of personal insult. It is not good for a forum to have every discussion be over with a bunch of junk type "it's because you are a bad player, learn to play, tell you I'm a pro" ,"working as indeeed" , "your wn8 is xxxx so you have no right to criticize or even breathe.... This forum has become a playground for the trolls,flamers,self-proclaimed elitist and self-proclaimed forum police.

Edited by 7524, 31 August 2019 - 05:33 AM.


Gruff_ #2 Posted 31 August 2019 - 06:17 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22768 battles
  • 1,290
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    09-22-2011
I think you can already choose to ignore people so you won't see their posts.

SiliconSidewinder #3 Posted 31 August 2019 - 06:17 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 29102 battles
  • 8,668
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-16-2012
welcome to the Forum buddy, the option you suggest has been live since 2011 or so.

Insert_Insult #4 Posted 31 August 2019 - 09:47 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10531 battles
  • 633
  • Member since:
    06-06-2012

View PostSiliconSidewinder, on 31 August 2019 - 05:17 AM, said:

welcome to the Forum buddy, the option you suggest has been live since 2011 or so.

the OP put "This would work so that the blocked ones would not see the posts of the users that blocked them or respond to them and the inability to send personal messages"

 

as far as I am aware, as it stands now you can block someone, but they are still able to PM you and read any posts you put up.

Blocking someone in this forum is useless, as they are able to circumvent the block far too easily.



OIias_of_Sunhillow #5 Posted 31 August 2019 - 11:03 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 26258 battles
  • 3,450
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-20-2011

Why would you want to block someone from the forums...!

 

My take on it is that you shouldn't under any circumstances block anyone on a forum. I need to view the dumbassery that they type, to validate my views of the muppet in question.

And it also gives one plenty of opportunities to type passive aggressive replies.   :trollface:



Balc0ra #6 Posted 31 August 2019 - 03:40 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 74285 battles
  • 21,241
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostInsert_Insult, on 31 August 2019 - 09:47 AM, said:

as far as I am aware, as it stands now you can block someone, but they are still able to PM you and read any posts you put up.

Blocking someone in this forum is useless, as they are able to circumvent the block far too easily.

 

You can see the topics they create by title or see that they have posted to a topic to know it's them. But the posts content are hidden, kinda like you can hide signatures. The only thing you see instead is the option to show what they wrote. Or you can scroll past and ignore it. 



mpf1959 #7 Posted 01 September 2019 - 12:42 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29970 battles
  • 1,792
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017

View Post7524, on 31 August 2019 - 05:28 AM, said:

I suggest that the forum introduce the option of blocking certain people like on twitter or something,or like ingame black list. This would work so that the blocked ones would not see the posts of the users that blocked them or respond to them and the inability to send personal messages. This would successfully solve the problem of the forum police, people who think they know a lot but in fact reduce any constructive discussion to the level of personal insult. It is not good for a forum to have every discussion be over with a bunch of junk type "it's because you are a bad player, learn to play, tell you I'm a pro" ,"working as indeeed" , "your wn8 is xxxx so you have no right to criticize or even breathe.... This forum has become a playground for the trolls,flamers,self-proclaimed elitist and self-proclaimed forum police.

 

I would just add to that the ability to know how many times you are blacklisted, it could be competitive then! ;)



Homer_J #8 Posted 01 September 2019 - 02:44 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 32879 battles
  • 36,096
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Post7524, on 31 August 2019 - 05:28 AM, said:

I suggest that the forum introduce the option of blocking certain people like on twitter or something,or like ingame black list.

That would be the ignore option which is already there.

13:47 Added after 2 minute

View Post7524, on 31 August 2019 - 05:28 AM, said:

 in fact reduce any constructive discussion to the level of personal insult.

Personal insults are dealt with quite well by the moderation team.  Just use the report button.

 

I suspect what you are complaining about are just people with a different opinion to you, unfortunately for you having a different opinion is not against the forum rules.



7524 #9 Posted 01 September 2019 - 03:09 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 16221 battles
  • 109
  • [PO-T] PO-T
  • Member since:
    01-01-2016

View PostHomer_J, on 01 September 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

That would be the ignore option which is already there.

13:47 Added after 2 minute

Personal insults are dealt with quite well by the moderation team.  Just use the report button.

 

I suspect what you are complaining about are just people with a different opinion to you, unfortunately for you having a different opinion is not against the forum rules.

 

 

If you had read my initial post a little more carefully you would have nothing to suspect but would have known what I was complaining about.And NO It is not a problem to think differently, but rather a problem of people who deliberately drag the topic in a different direction until its essence is lost.

 

So the idea is that blocked people would not be able to see the topic or even participate in it. Total blackout.Solution for toxicity...


Edited by 7524, 01 September 2019 - 03:09 PM.


Long_Range_Sniper #10 Posted 01 September 2019 - 05:04 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 37972 battles
  • 10,890
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

An excellent idea.

 


Edited by Long_Range_Sniper, 01 September 2019 - 05:05 PM.


Homer_J #11 Posted 01 September 2019 - 10:41 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 32879 battles
  • 36,096
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Post7524, on 01 September 2019 - 03:09 PM, said:

 

 

If you had read my initial post a little more carefully you would have nothing to suspect but would have known what I was complaining about.

You were complaining about forum police while trying to be forum police.



Captain_Kremen0 #12 Posted 03 September 2019 - 01:49 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 39315 battles
  • 2,416
  • [TFMB] TFMB
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

View Post7524, on 01 September 2019 - 02:09 PM, said:

 

 

If you had read my initial post a little more carefully you would have nothing to suspect but would have known what I was complaining about.And NO It is not a problem to think differently, but rather a problem of people who deliberately drag the topic in a different direction until its essence is lost.

 

So the idea is that blocked people would not be able to see the topic or even participate in it. Total blackout.Solution for toxicity...

If a topic gets dragged into the nether realms it's usually because that's where it belongs



7524 #13 Posted 03 September 2019 - 08:05 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 16221 battles
  • 109
  • [PO-T] PO-T
  • Member since:
    01-01-2016
The last 3 posts are an example of why blocking users would be so great...

OIias_of_Sunhillow #14 Posted 03 September 2019 - 10:51 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 26258 battles
  • 3,450
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-20-2011

View Post7524, on 03 September 2019 - 07:05 PM, said:

The last 3 posts are an example of why blocking users would be so great...

 

Just pretend.

Then when they post, you can ask others, "What did they say ? Were they talking about how childish I am ?"



Captain_Kremen0 #15 Posted 04 September 2019 - 09:40 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 39315 battles
  • 2,416
  • [TFMB] TFMB
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

View Post7524, on 03 September 2019 - 07:05 PM, said:

The last 3 posts are an example of why blocking users would be so great...

So what does asking for a feature that has been implemented for several years say about you?



7524 #16 Posted 08 September 2019 - 08:00 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 16221 battles
  • 109
  • [PO-T] PO-T
  • Member since:
    01-01-2016

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 04 September 2019 - 09:40 AM, said:

So what does asking for a feature that has been implemented for several years say about you?

 

 

This answer says that you did not read the discussion at all because if you had seen that option would not do the job well enough. Your reply also confirms my original claim that any discussion is reduced to a personal verbal attack and that a blacklist would be an ideal solution to such things. That's what it says about you.



ralesm1989 #17 Posted 08 September 2019 - 10:10 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Moderator
  • 32820 battles
  • 1,956
  • [DE-VI] DE-VI
  • Member since:
    10-19-2012
I completely understand why you want that option... :trollface:

_SpartanWarrior_ #18 Posted 08 September 2019 - 12:15 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 36640 battles
  • 509
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ
  • Member since:
    01-09-2013
There is ignore option,but there is a lot of toxicity on these forums... mostly if I said a suggestion,others think its bad, they start to be toxic and mostly care about stats... Why do stats matter with suggestions? Everyone has their opinion, no need to be toxic.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users