abuse of physics - report advice

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

fluffy_fluff #1 Posted 31 August 2019 - 02:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22054 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS

So i filed my 3rd ever report on abuse of physics (noone touched the first 2 so i did not expect much)

2 things i learned from this:

1) customer support now actually pays attention and reviews these videos (which i suppose is good)

2) when you get trolled - dont retaliate, dont get angry... just let the troll have his way with you and send in the replay (a bit weird... explanation below)

situation - finally a malinovka in my bc12t without wheeled tanks (after 150+ attempts on "spotting 6 without being spotted" )

i rush to THE bush, along with an AMX 13 57, no contact whatsoever...

for some reason he backs up, i start getting the spots...

he comes back into the bush... but since my binocs are now active i get all the spots and spotting dmg...

so he backs up behind me a pushes me in front of the bush (last i remember noticing spotting 5 vehicles so i was furious failing the mission)

i try to evade direct enemy fire, shoot him twice (FF is off and it helped so much with the frustration) and try to get behind him and push him out - but he is heavier so i dont move him, but he gets 3 shots from the enemies which were aimed at me

i somehow survive the retreat and failing the mission i just continue shooting him from a safe distance through the rest of the game where he gets a ton of spotting dmg and we win easily

after the game i try to contact him and get a kissy face emoji a "ahahaahaaa" and "ignore" as replies

so i send in the replay to customer support and tadaaaa... 12 hours later he received a 4 day ban :D

but so did I :(

(still worth it)

after the game the client announces that i got 6 spots and finished the mission with honours... so there is a semi-happy ending afterall ;)

anyway... ignore trolling trolls... report them afterwards... otherways they will drag you down with them

Edited by fluffy_fluff, 31 August 2019 - 02:37 PM.

4nt #2 Posted 31 August 2019 - 02:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29234 battles

View Postfluffy_fluff, on 31 August 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

So i filed my 3rd ever report on abuse of physics (noone touched the first 2 so i did not expect much)

1) customer support now actually pays attention and reviews these videos (which i suppose is good)

2) when you get trolled - dont retaliate, dont get angry... just let the troll have his way with you and send in the replay (a bit weird... explanation below)

situation - finally a malinovka in my bc12t without wheeled tanks (after 150+ attempts on "spotting 6 without being spotted" )

he comes back into the bush... but since my binocs are now active i get all the spots and spotting dmg...

so he backs up behind me a pushes me in front of the bush (last i remember noticing spotting 5 vehicles so i was furious failing the mission)

i try to evade direct enemy fire, shoot him twice (FF is off and it helped so much with the frustration) and try to get behind him and push him out - but he is heavier so i dont move him, but he gets 3 shots from the enemies which were aimed at me

i somehow survive the retreat and failing the mission i just continue shooting him from a safe distance through the rest of the game where he gets a ton of spotting dmg and we win easily

after the game i try to contact him and get a kissy face emoji a "ahahaahaaa" and "ignore" as replies

so i send in the replay to customer support and tadaaaa... 12 hours later he received a 4 day ban :D

(still worth it)

after the game the client announces that i got 6 spots and finished the mission with honours... so there is a semi-happy ending afterall ;)

anyway... ignore trolling trolls... report them afterwards... otherways they will drag you down with them

Yep, they have upped it a notch. Remember, report not put forward never gets results.

Edit. Should say something about Bad boy and such but since you fessed up... Meh.

Edited by 4nt, 31 August 2019 - 02:44 PM.

Schepel #3 Posted 31 August 2019 - 03:18 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 65859 battles

View Postfluffy_fluff, on 31 August 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

(still worth it)

IMHO, it is a bit sad they banned you as well.

Congrats with your mission, though. :-)

OmniWalou #4 Posted 31 August 2019 - 03:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 452 battles

View PostSchepel, on 31 August 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

IMHO, it is a bit sad they banned you as well.

How so? OP broke the rules himself and deserved a punishment. It would be completely unfair if he hadn't been banned.

The sad thing actually is that people only now start realising that reporting physics abuse is actually working. It has worked for a long time now but unfortunately too many players spread lies so people didn't report offenders cause they believed the lies that support does nothing to reports.

Schepel #5 Posted 31 August 2019 - 03:36 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 65859 battles

View PostOmniWalou, on 31 August 2019 - 03:27 PM, said:

How so? OP broke the rules himself and deserved a punishment. It would be completely unfair if he hadn't been banned.

The sad thing actually is that people only now start realising that reporting physics abuse is actually working. It has worked for a long time now but unfortunately too many players spread lies so people didn't report offenders cause they believed the lies that support does nothing to reports.

IMHO, the moment somebody starts pushing they are no longer protected by the rules. I do not follow the school of thought that you can misbehave and then complain when somebody repays the favour. Support obviously thinks different, but I reserve the right to disapprove.

fluffy_fluff #6 Posted 31 August 2019 - 03:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22054 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS

View PostOmniWalou, on 31 August 2019 - 03:27 PM, said:

my previous 2 replays were ignored with a "use the ingame unsportsmanlike conduct report" comment... so i based my expectations on experience

as for the punishment - you realize i was happy and content in my bush? i had no intention on breaking the rules

i was successfully trolled and provoked... that is something i assumed would be taken into account

how would most players, or even you, react in such a situation?

if you are unlucky and a troll picks you as his target... should you get the same punishment just because HE picked YOU?

anyway... i sent in the replay expecting SOME punishment... but certainly not exactly the same as the troll :(

Dorander #7 Posted 31 August 2019 - 03:41 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles
"2 is weird"? 2 should be the most obvious thing to anyone, except for the "let him have his way with you", it's entirely fine to push back to maintain the position you have.

fluffy_fluff #8 Posted 31 August 2019 - 03:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22054 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS

View PostDorander, on 31 August 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

"2 is weird"? 2 should be the most obvious thing to anyone, except for the "let him have his way with you", it's entirely fine to push back to maintain the position you have.

i thought only heavier tanks can take advantage of "abuse of physics" - since i was in a lighter/weaker tank it was impossible to push back

i had to give up position and could not reclaim it since... lighter tank and weaker engine...

frustrating...

OmniWalou #9 Posted 31 August 2019 - 03:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 452 battles

View PostSchepel, on 31 August 2019 - 03:36 PM, said:

IMHO, the moment somebody starts pushing they are no longer protected by the rules.

I do not follow the school of thought that you can misbehave and then complain when somebody repays the favour.

Are you sure you wrote this correctly?

You think that OP was right to push since he was pushed, but then you don't believe that OP should be allowed to complain that he was pushed.

Or are you assuming the other person reported OP as well and that he in your opinion no right to complain? I got the idea that they objectively look at the replay and penalize anyone breaking the rules.

OmniWalou #10 Posted 31 August 2019 - 03:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 452 battles

View Postfluffy_fluff, on 31 August 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

my previous 2 replays were ignored with a "use the ingame unsportsmanlike conduct report" comment... so i based my expectations on experience

as for the punishment - you realize i was happy and content in my bush? i had no intention on breaking the rules

i was successfully trolled and provoked... that is something i assumed would be taken into account

how would most players, or even you, react in such a situation?

How did you report the first two times? Did you explain the things correctly, in a calm and clear fashion, with replays, and most importantly under the right ticket section? Screenshot of some of that maybe?

I thought you understood you broke the rules and deserved the punishment. I guess I was wrong as you are now making excuses for your own behaviour. For your information, I have reported people in past and every time they have been banned and I have not. Why is that? Because I don't get provoked by trolls or others. I try to get out of the situation. I'm not gonna sit there and take it, I find something else to be useful at.

Block Quote

if you are unlucky and a troll picks you as his target... should you get the same punishment just because HE picked YOU?

You do realise that you weren't just picked and banned because of that? You were banned because you broke the rules. If someone pushes you, it doesn't suddenly give you right to do whatever you want at them. That should be an easy thing to understand.

fluffy_fluff #11 Posted 31 August 2019 - 04:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22054 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS

View PostOmniWalou, on 31 August 2019 - 03:57 PM, said:

...as you are now making excuses for your own behaviour...

you realize:

1) a troll would push anyone else who would be in that bush (14 random players)

2) i would only push a troll who pushes me out (1 troll that is trolling me)

see the difference? (sadly i dont think you do)

yet the punishment is the same...

and thats what is kinda weird for me ;)

Edited by fluffy_fluff, 31 August 2019 - 04:16 PM.

OmniWalou #12 Posted 31 August 2019 - 04:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 452 battles

View Postfluffy_fluff, on 31 August 2019 - 04:15 PM, said:

you realize:

1) a troll would push anyone else who would be in that bush (14 random players)

2) i would only push a troll who pushes me out (1 troll that is trolling me)

see the difference? (sadly i dont think you do)

yet the punishment is the same...

and thats what is kinda weird for me ;)

The ''troll'' broke the rules. You broke the rules. You both deserved a punishment. That's all you need to understand, it honestly shouldn't be that hard...

fluffy_fluff #13 Posted 31 August 2019 - 05:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22054 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS

there are different punishments for planned murder, manslaughter and for self-defence killing - all based on the motives/circiumstances - so... they might matter a little?

that is what you could TRY to understand :)

but with your holistic approach - it honestly might be really really hard ;)

JCD3nton #14 Posted 31 August 2019 - 05:15 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27761 battles
Unsportsmanlike conduct includes them all. What we need is minimum 100 reports per day.

OmniWalou #15 Posted 31 August 2019 - 05:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 452 battles

View Postfluffy_fluff, on 31 August 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

there are different punishments for planned murder, manslaughter and for self-defence killing - all based on the motives/circiumstances - so... they might matter a little?

The game rules for WoT do not differentiate why you break the rules. If you intentionally push a friendly tank, you are breaking the rules as much as the ''troll'' in this case.

Block Quote

4.06. Intentionally exploiting the physics system to damage an allied tank, plane, ship or similar actions. This includes, but is not limited to, pushing an allied tank into line of fire, pushing allied tanks off of cliffs, bridges, into water, etc.

http://forum.worldof...nks-game-rules/

You going to cry to support after breaking the rules yourself does not mean you will get off the hook.

Here is another person who recently did the same thing: http://forum.worldof...got-banned-lol/

I would love to see your replay of what happened, can you post it?

Edited by OmniWalou, 31 August 2019 - 05:22 PM.

spamhamstar #16 Posted 31 August 2019 - 05:34 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [WIKD] WIKD

View Postfluffy_fluff, on 31 August 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

In most sports the punishment for retaliation is more severe than for the initial provocation.  Similarly, if someone punches you once in the street, punching them back for the next 15 minutes does not consitute self defence.  So there's the fact that the person "trolling" you only pushed you once near the start of the game which for some reason you seem to think gives you carte blanche to break the rules for the rest of the game.

Out of interest, how do you know that the other player received a 4 day ban?  I'm fairly certain customer support would not give you that information & you've already told us the other player ignored you.

mjs_89 #17 Posted 31 August 2019 - 05:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8520 battles
  • [95137] 95137

View Postfluffy_fluff, on 31 August 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

there are different punishments for planned murder, manslaughter and for self-defence killing - all based on the motives/circiumstances

...all of wich are regulated by the laws of the country they were commited in. In your case, the laws are made by WG and there is no difference, no motives to be considered. It's a game, real-world laws have no meaning here.

fluffy_fluff #18 Posted 31 August 2019 - 05:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22054 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS

View PostOmniWalou, on 31 August 2019 - 05:17 PM, said:

I would love to see your replay of what happened, can you post it?

i just checked your messages on this forum... you enjoy this a lot dont you ;)

when i try to contact you via PM, not to bother everyone and talk in private - you just tell me to stick to the thread

i dont mind sharing the replay with you - but why?

i described the situation and you dismissed it already...

unless... you wouldnt be just looking for ways to humiliate me more than you already have, would you?

look... i understand completely what you are saying...

i broke the rules - i should be punished

i dont mind that and i understand it

but you could also understand that those rules might not be ideal

and that the only process to change/adjust them is to start talking about them...

my only issue is that i got the same punishment as the troll... 4 days ban

TungstenHitman #19 Posted 31 August 2019 - 05:48 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30631 battles

Ya I had some light tank on my team that wasn't happy I took "his spot" either. :trollface:

OmniWalou #20 Posted 31 August 2019 - 06:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 452 battles

View Postfluffy_fluff, on 31 August 2019 - 05:42 PM, said:

i just checked your messages on this forum... you enjoy this a lot dont you ;)

when i try to contact you via PM, not to bother everyone and talk in private - you just tell me to stick to the thread

i dont mind sharing the replay with you - but why?

i described the situation and you dismissed it already...

unless... you wouldnt be just looking for ways to humiliate me more than you already have, would you?

look... i understand completely what you are saying...

i broke the rules - i should be punished

i dont mind that and i understand it

but you could also understand that those rules might not be ideal

and that the only process to change/adjust them is to start talking about them...

my only issue is that i got the same punishment as the troll... 4 days ban

What does my other messages have to do with this subject. And I am not at all interested in talking in PMs with you.

You broke the rules and got punished for it. There is no rule that allows you to retaliate if you are being pushed. All of the rule breaking will be punished if reported. The rules are ideal already and do not need to be changed. The whole concept is simple, do not break the rules. If you are being pushed, then report it. Don't start pushing back and break the rules yourself. And then later go cry to support and then to forums.

I'd like to see the replay because: why not? I'm curious to see how things actually went rather than just trust one side's version. Like it was with that other thread, the events went completely differently than the OP there explained.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users