• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

The_Naa #1 Posted 31 August 2019 - 03:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8317 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

Hello :)

it came to my attention after my friend pointed out that i always go to the same area of a map every time regardless what tank i play.

i never noticed this myself but now that i think about it, yeah i do play the same area every single time, maybe because other areas seem like throwing your tank away or just worthless.

here are some maps the i play with tunnel vision :P

Abbey: 1-2 line is my playground.

Cliff: 8-9 line.

Fjords: J4 area.

Karelia: A1.

Lakeville: Town.

Live Oaks: Town.

Malinovka: Hill.

Tundra: 1-2 line.

of course i will leave these areas as soon as other part of the map needs support but i always start going that way at the start of the game.

do you have maps where you play specific area most of the time?

Edited by The_Naa, 31 August 2019 - 03:12 PM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 31 August 2019 - 03:41 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

And that's why lights make for a very good game play and eventually makes you a better player. You have the ability and the need to cover a lot of the map area. You must use terrain, view range and camo to your advantage.

Some tanks/classes have limited choices due to terrain and the tank's armor, gun, DPM, etc. What limits your choice even more is the enemy team's composition. Like when you're in a tank with limited gun depression, it's better if you don't go where a Lowe or a Conq. might go. That's his play field.

These restrictions becomes very flexible after a few minutes of the battle. You know the enemy's deployment and you start to adjust to them. Sometimes it's obvious like in Prokhorovka where there are only 2 viable positions, the hill and the middle.

Other maps it isn't that clear where the thrust of the enemy will come from but there are good and bad starting positions on them too. Encounter and assault modes will also change the map strategy quite a bit. Sand river encounter for example playes very different from the standard battle.

TheDrownedApe #3 Posted 31 August 2019 - 04:28 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 49567 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

I always decide where im going by the MM. Clearly you are going to play differently if you are top tier or bottom tier and your positioning will relfect this.

Going to the same place most of the time is not a good idea

OmniWalou #4 Posted 31 August 2019 - 04:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 452 battles

View PostThe_Naa, on 31 August 2019 - 03:10 PM, said:

i always go to the same area of a map every time regardless what tank i play.

Do you also expect a different outcome

Cause that would be

Balc0ra #5 Posted 31 August 2019 - 04:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72848 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Depends on what I drive, and what the enemy line up is and what kind of MM I got, and ofc how many SPG's there are. But on some maps like Lakeville I go town more or less regardless, and I like to go for the 0 lane on Overlord more or less regardless, tho where I place myself there is dependent on what I drive and if it's +2 or not. And I like the middle on airfield more so then sitting on HT hill in meds and lights.

On other maps that's not always ideal. Like hill on mines vs spotting the 0 lane if I have a slugger light vs their wheels and BC meds etc. Steppes is probably the one I have the most "spots" that I go to early in meds and lights all depending.

NoobySkooby #6 Posted 31 August 2019 - 04:51 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16975 battles
  • [D3NK] D3NK
I was going to do a thread about this, map awareness is the key, I have a vague idea whee to go, no harm in asking a toon buddy where to go though, that said for those who use mods anyway, most modpacks come with Hawgs TD and scout location mod, and it seems with or without it, most people know roughly where the the TD's and the Scouts are going to  be, unless on open maps where scouts just whizz around.

Orkbert #7 Posted 31 August 2019 - 04:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28155 battles
Not overly specific, but if I choose a slow vehicle and get an encounter battle I take a course that will let me help at the cap if needed, unless the majority of my team chooses to go along the cap as well.

Jumping_Turtle #8 Posted 31 August 2019 - 05:43 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 69352 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT
lately I also let the amount of Wheeled vehicles on the enemy team be a factor where and how fast I go places

mateyflip #9 Posted 31 August 2019 - 06:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36273 battles

View PostThe_Naa, on 31 August 2019 - 02:10 PM, said:

it came to my attention after my friend pointed out that i always go to the same area of a map every time regardless what tank i play.

i never noticed this myself but now that i think about it, yeah i do play the same area every single time, maybe because other areas seem like throwing your tank away or just worthless.

of course i will leave these areas as soon as other part of the map needs support but i always start going that way at the start of the game.

And I play arty mate ;)

Bordhaw #10 Posted 31 August 2019 - 06:57 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14894 battles

View PostThe_Naa, on 31 August 2019 - 02:10 PM, said:

Stop playing heavy tanks then. 

The_Naa #11 Posted 31 August 2019 - 08:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8317 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View PostOmniWalou, on 31 August 2019 - 04:45 PM, said:

Do you also expect a different outcome

Cause that would be

i do :)

and in random battles it usually turns out differently evert time.

View PostTheDrownedApe, on 31 August 2019 - 04:28 PM, said:

I always decide where im going by the MM. Clearly you are going to play differently if you are top tier or bottom tier and your positioning will relfect this.

Going to the same place most of the time is not a good idea

these places i have deemed the most useful to me as they yield the best results.

i have tired playing different parts of said maps only for them to end in such ways that i do next to nothing for my team.

and the only difference in if i am top tier or not is how aggressive my gameplay will be.

if i am bottom i play it safe :child:

if i am top i will most likely go in guns blazing :playing:

View PostBordhaw, on 31 August 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

Stop playing heavy tanks then. 

i do play other tanks than heavies.

and i will never stop playing heavy tanks. :izmena:

OmniWalou #12 Posted 31 August 2019 - 09:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 452 battles

View PostThe_Naa, on 31 August 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:

i do

and in random battles it usually turns out differently evert time.

I myself ''hope'' for the same thing to happen but of course try my best to be prepared if something else happens. That's what I like about this game, the variety of tanks in teams and skill of players means that the matches are pretty much always different. Of course same areas are being played since the maps always stay the same but every match is different in some minor way.

That said, I tend to prefer some areas on maps but it's rather based on tank classes I tend to play the most i.e MTs. I like to be territorial, as in hold a position or neutralize it either from active or passive spots. It's also quite cyclical for me, at some point I prefer one area and after a while the preferred area to go changes to another one. For example on Prokhorovka south spawn I used to like to go middle but some time ago it shifted so that I like to go to the east hill more as I can comfortably fulfill the important role there, even with a -2 MM tank.

Edited by OmniWalou, 31 August 2019 - 09:04 PM.

TheDrownedApe #13 Posted 31 August 2019 - 09:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 49567 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
I don't really care where you go, as long as you are useful to your team. The amount of players I've seen go to places "because they worked in the past" then do nothing but 2/3 shots late game when they have helped lose the game is too many to recall.

It's an awful idea but alas if you are having fun the don't stop doing it, but remember you are part of a team and some may get frustrated at your play

LIL_Veky #14 Posted 01 September 2019 - 02:14 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13726 battles
  • [BTU] BTU
most of the time its best to go to positions which are meant for your tank type, its not more complicated than that

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users