Jump to content


There should be a mandatory training if you consistently perform poorly


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
231 replies to this topic

RemzDNB #1 Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:02 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 9803 battles
  • 117
  • Member since:
    03-31-2018

Random battles should be disabled for people doing less than x damage / assist / whatever in a given number of battles.
In order to be able to play again, you should have to watch some written / video tutorials.
The skill cap of this game is very high, and I think most of bad players don't even realize they're throwing their games.
You can't ask everybody to be 100% dedicated to this game, you can't ask everybody to spend hours on Youtube in order to improve.

 

So maybe a better solution, make another game mode : "ranked battles", that only good or at least average players can join.
That's a win/win, good players won't be annoyed by noobs anymore, and noobs won't get rekt in 10 seconds every game.

 

That's what I would do if this was my game, the skill cap is way too high, you can't just throw everybody together and think it will be good gaming experience for everyone.


Edited by RemzDNB, 01 September 2019 - 08:12 AM.


Nitro_Tank #2 Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:18 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6756 battles
  • 205
  • Member since:
    08-07-2011

Stop being an elitist kid and stay out of others peoples business. They can play in whatever way they want and if they enjoy being bad then they can stay bad.

 

Its only ever the "bad players" in your team you rage about, but when the enemies have one you don't give a damn because you cant see him perform badly after dying then blaming your team.

 

Ranked mode according to WG themselves didnt work the way they wanted as queue times were excessively long because not many people were interested in a very tryhard competetive mode in a game that consists of mostly casual players.

 

Get off your high horse and get better yourself instead so you can carry games, which some people do on a very consistent basis. Angry losers like you are the reason this community is among the worst of all multiplayer games.



NekoPuffer_PPP #3 Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:23 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 34218 battles
  • 3,993
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

OP that would be a great way to stop players from botting. +1

 

View PostRemzDNB, on 01 September 2019 - 09:02 AM, said:

That's what I would do if this was my game, the skill cap is way too high, you can't just throw everybody together and think it will be good gaming experience for everyone.

 

Also, this is why tiers should be locked behind a certain number of battles.

 

When you encounter a tier 10 tank on your team who spent the entire game camping, and dealt maybe one shot of damage before dying, the fact that he has only 2k battles played is no surprise. He rushed to tier 10 and is scared to fight. That is no way to play the game.



RemzDNB #4 Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:26 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 9803 battles
  • 117
  • Member since:
    03-31-2018

I don't think I'm "pro" or so much better than others, but I witness a good amount of players that just can't do anything, they're just camping there aimlessly, barely shooting at enemy tanks coming at them.

This kind of people add too much randomness to the outcome of the games.

Also I think 10v10 would be absolutely fine on most maps, it would let more room for individual skill / decision making.

 

i'm not crying for myself, when I see an unicum in enemy team getting totally rekt because he's matched with 14 reds, I feel the same way, that's just bad.


Edited by RemzDNB, 01 September 2019 - 08:28 AM.


Nitro_Tank #5 Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:30 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6756 battles
  • 205
  • Member since:
    08-07-2011

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 01 September 2019 - 07:23 AM, said:

When you encounter a tier 10 tank on your team who spent the entire game camping, and dealt maybe one shot of damage before dying, the fact that he has only 2k battles played is no surprise. He rushed to tier 10 and is scared to fight. That is no way to play the game.

Says who? Who are you to dictate what is acceptable and what isnt?

You kids need to leave other players alone and realize that everybody can do whatever the hell they please.



RemzDNB #6 Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:30 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 9803 battles
  • 117
  • Member since:
    03-31-2018

View PostNitro_Tank, on 01 September 2019 - 08:18 AM, said:

Stop being an elitist kid and stay out of others peoples business. They can play in whatever way they want and if they enjoy being bad then they can stay bad.

 

Its only ever the "bad players" in your team you rage about, but when the enemies have one you don't give a damn because you cant see him perform badly after dying then blaming your team.

 

Ranked mode according to WG themselves didnt work the way they wanted as queue times were excessively long because not many people were interested in a very tryhard competetive mode in a game that consists of mostly casual players.

 

Get off your high horse and get better yourself instead so you can carry games, which some people do on a very consistent basis. Angry losers like you are the reason this community is among the worst of all multiplayer games.

 

Btw dude it seems like you forgot to take your pills , chill out ffs xD

07:31 Added after 0 minute

View PostNitro_Tank, on 01 September 2019 - 08:30 AM, said:

Says who? Who are you to dictate what is acceptable and what isnt?

You kids need to leave other players alone and realize that everybody can do whatever the hell they please.


 ok ok mate np, got your point. now leave please I'd like to have feedback from other people ^^



Nitro_Tank #7 Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:33 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6756 battles
  • 205
  • Member since:
    08-07-2011

View PostRemzDNB, on 01 September 2019 - 07:30 AM, said:

 

Btw dude it seems like you forgot to take your pills , chill out ffs xD

07:31 Added after 0 minute


 ok ok mate np, got your point. now leave please I'd like to have feedback from other people ^^

Exactly the answer i expect from a rager kid that wants to control what other people can and can't do. Stay in your bubble thinking its always the other players fault so you don't need to improve at all.

And no, i will stay as long as i want :)


Edited by Nitro_Tank, 01 September 2019 - 08:34 AM.


RemzDNB #8 Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:34 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 9803 battles
  • 117
  • Member since:
    03-31-2018

View PostNitro_Tank, on 01 September 2019 - 08:33 AM, said:

Exactly the answer i expect from a rager kid that wants to control what other people can and can't do. Stay in your bubble thinking its always the other players fault so you don't need to improve at all.

And no, i will stay as long as i want :)

 

Dude YOU are raging and YOU are acting like a kid here, just saying...


Edited by RemzDNB, 01 September 2019 - 08:35 AM.


Nitro_Tank #9 Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:40 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6756 battles
  • 205
  • Member since:
    08-07-2011

View PostRemzDNB, on 01 September 2019 - 07:34 AM, said:

 

Dude YOU are raging and YOU are acting like a kid here, just saying...

What you are doing here is called projection. I simply enjoy the dumpster fire of a blaming baby 



HaZardeur #10 Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:41 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 37216 battles
  • 1,634
  • Member since:
    08-14-2010

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 01 September 2019 - 08:23 AM, said:

 

Also, this is why tiers should be locked behind a certain number of battles.

 

When you encounter a tier 10 tank on your team who spent the entire game camping, and dealt maybe one shot of damage before dying, the fact that he has only 2k battles played is no surprise. He rushed to tier 10 and is scared to fight. That is no way to play the game.

 

 

I said already years ago that tiers should be locked behind Mastery Batches or atleast 1st Class Batches.... that way no bot makes its way to tier 10.

 

@Nitro_Tank: Stop playing Robin Hood for bots


Edited by HaZardeur, 01 September 2019 - 08:42 AM.


Nitro_Tank #11 Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:46 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6756 battles
  • 205
  • Member since:
    08-07-2011

View PostHaZardeur, on 01 September 2019 - 07:41 AM, said:

 

 

I said already years ago that tiers should be locked behind Mastery Batches or atleast 1st Class Batches.... that way no bot makes its way to tier 10.

 

@Nitro_Tank: Stop playing Robin Hood for bots

I'm not playing anything except world of tanks. The fact that you think bashing on other players is cool and normal tells alot about you. Actual bots as in a bot program that doesnt require player input is not my problem to deal with, its WG that needs to take measures. 

Everybody should have the ability to progress and enjoy the fun and awesomeness that are high level tanks, the fact that they are matched with unicums is once again not their fault, but instead the matchmakers.

Wargaming can take measures to improve the game, yet they don't. The players arent and never were the problem.



RemzDNB #12 Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:54 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 9803 battles
  • 117
  • Member since:
    03-31-2018

View PostHaZardeur, on 01 September 2019 - 08:41 AM, said:

 

 

I said already years ago that tiers should be locked behind Mastery Batches or atleast 1st Class Batches.... that way no bot makes its way to tier 10.

 

 

Nah everybody should be able to play T10, even the bad players.

They just should find a way to split the players who play to win and are trying to get better, and those who play for fun.


Edited by RemzDNB, 01 September 2019 - 08:55 AM.


Lagalaza #13 Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:55 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9353 battles
  • 508
  • [W0WW] W0WW
  • Member since:
    08-11-2018
THe game has difficulty keeping new players. Telling them they can't progress unless they "go to school" is not going to help maintain the games longevity. Also, ranked battles have been tried on this platform and many others. They don't work.

Flicka #14 Posted 01 September 2019 - 09:00 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23427 battles
  • 211
  • [CELL] CELL
  • Member since:
    10-25-2011

View PostNitro_Tank, on 01 September 2019 - 08:46 AM, said:

I'm not playing anything except world of tanks. The fact that you think bashing on other players is cool and normal tells alot about you. Actual bots as in a bot program that doesnt require player input is not my problem to deal with, its WG that needs to take measures. 

Everybody should have the ability to progress and enjoy the fun and awesomeness that are high level tanks, the fact that they are matched with unicums is once again not their fault, but instead the matchmakers.

Wargaming can take measures to improve the game, yet they don't. The players arent and never were the problem.


Hate to break it to you, but you are not playing world of tanks, you are just wasting time of players actually trying to play.

And yes, I am a 42 year old rager kid too.



RemzDNB #15 Posted 01 September 2019 - 09:00 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 9803 battles
  • 117
  • Member since:
    03-31-2018

View PostLagalaza, on 01 September 2019 - 08:55 AM, said:

THe game has difficulty keeping new players. Telling them they can't progress unless they "go to school" is not going to help maintain the games longevity. Also, ranked battles have been tried on this platform and many others. They don't work.

 

I know they won't do anything, this game is dying, and it's way too late to make this kind of change.
I'm just wondering what could have been done if they were good developpers (I'm a game dev myself, so all this mess is very interesting for me, I'm learning from others mistakes ^^)


Edited by RemzDNB, 01 September 2019 - 09:03 AM.


HaZardeur #16 Posted 01 September 2019 - 09:08 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 37216 battles
  • 1,634
  • Member since:
    08-14-2010

View PostNitro_Tank, on 01 September 2019 - 08:46 AM, said:

I'm not playing anything except world of tanks. The fact that you think bashing on other players is cool and normal tells alot about you. Actual bots as in a bot program that doesnt require player input is not my problem to deal with, its WG that needs to take measures. 

Everybody should have the ability to progress and enjoy the fun and awesomeness that are high level tanks, the fact that they are matched with unicums is once again not their fault, but instead the matchmakers.

Wargaming can take measures to improve the game, yet they don't. The players arent and never were the problem.

 



Lagalaza #17 Posted 01 September 2019 - 09:22 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9353 battles
  • 508
  • [W0WW] W0WW
  • Member since:
    08-11-2018

View PostRemzDNB, on 01 September 2019 - 08:00 AM, said:

 

I know they won't do anything, this game is dying, and it's way too late to make this kind of change.
I'm just wondering what could have been done if they were good developpers (I'm a game dev myself, so all this mess is very interesting for me, I'm learning from others mistakes ^^)

 

The game will bounce along for a few years yet and they will milk what they can from it. The ultra-fast and easy progression does encourage new players but it also leads to players at higher tiers who don't have the skills to play at that level. Double-edged sword as they then get disgruntled because they can't compete in their shiny new tier 9 or 10 tank and the good players get disgruntled by a tier 9 or 10 players inability to make at least some contribution to the team. The answer is not skill based MM as that has been tried elsewhere and failed miserably. It's not, in my opinion, a means test either. Maybe the answer lies in a more balanced speed of advance up the tiers for players. Or, as I think, the introduction of another two or three tiers that take a very long time to get to. Have tiers 11 and 12 with more modern tanks from the current era. Level 11 at an average of 1 million exp and 20 million credits. Also, a new parameter where you can only access the tank after achieving a 50% winrate in the tier 10 tank over your most recent 100 battles. Tier 11 tanks and tier 12 tanks to have bots in battles to start with and only allow them to face +1 -1 on MM. When enough people have them for randoms, then the bots can go. Make it a maximum of three tier 11 tanks in any battle with tier 10. Tier 11 and 12 battles to have as many of each as the matchmaker deems fit. I am sure there are holes in this idea that would need to be ironed out but it's just a thought I throw out there. It might bring some of the older players back if they have a "comfort zone" where only mediocre and up, dedicated players are found. Like tiers 9 and 10 used to be by all accounts.



nakkipeppu #18 Posted 01 September 2019 - 09:40 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 33364 battles
  • 360
  • [LGGF] LGGF
  • Member since:
    04-10-2012
Locking content and progression is detrimental to the growth of the game, I get it that some of the players would want own segragated sandboxes to play in, but it's completely at odds with WG:s goal which is to maximize people playing and sticking with the game.

Bordhaw #19 Posted 01 September 2019 - 09:43 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 14894 battles
  • 4,902
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostRemzDNB, on 01 September 2019 - 07:02 AM, said:

Random battles should be disabled for people doing less than x damage / assist / whatever in a given number of battles.
In order to be able to play again, you should have to watch some written / video tutorials.
The skill cap of this game is very high, and I think most of bad players don't even realize they're throwing their games.
You can't ask everybody to be 100% dedicated to this game, you can't ask everybody to spend hours on Youtube in order to improve.

 

So maybe a better solution, make another game mode : "ranked battles", that only good or at least average players can join.
That's a win/win, good players won't be annoyed by noobs anymore, and noobs won't get rekt in 10 seconds every game.

 

That's what I would do if this was my game, the skill cap is way too high, you can't just throw everybody together and think it will be good gaming experience for everyone.

 

You'd be playing on your own then...and there wouldnt be a WOT game due to lack of players it would close.

 

 

 



24doom24 #20 Posted 01 September 2019 - 09:50 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8395 battles
  • 424
  • [WW3] WW3
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012
Players under 40% winrate @ 500 or 1000 battles need to be banned. They actively try to lose games.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users