Problems with the game from an experienced player(Please read wargaming)

maps gold Artilery Artillary Matchmaker

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

TheBladestormer #1 Posted 01 September 2019 - 11:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15980 battles
  • [-IMT-] -IMT-

Hi everyone,

just like to say this because I feel like I cant be apart of this game anymore. I have been playing since day one and can honestly say its been downhill since. Wargaming are still not fixing the biggest issues with the game and are only adding additional frustrations to players. It definitely seems like they could have made the game almost perfect with such easy changes.

Matchmaker - I dont know how they have done it, but they fixed the whole 3 5 7 matchmaker problem which punished all tier 8s by changing around the way that the templates are used. I understand that tier 10 has more players so this change made sense to me. However ever since i have been either losing battles 15-1 or winning 15-1, and so has so many other players. This makes the game so boring to play as there is no opportunity to play competitively. The amount of each vehicle class is another issue, they made it so each team has the same amount of each class however now we often come across matches where there will be 9 tank destroyers as well as almost 3 artillery every time (I will get to that). This camping playstyle is not fun for the heavy tanks and mediums who have to try and outspot players hiding in bushes.

Artillary - This is something that really angers me because wargaming cannot say that it provides a good gaming experience for ANYONE. it doest require a keyboard and only requires mouse input twice a minuite and in that minute some poor tank has been permantly stunned, members and modules knocked out and huge damage taken, aparty from being utterly infuriating to play against, it completely prevents aggressive plays and further encourages camping. And the addition of all these light wheeled tanks have made the issue even worse.

Gold spam - another infuriating issue which sees german tanks completely rendered useless whilst Russian ones still usable and is now the only way to play if you want to be competitive due to poor tank design. The only real advantage of super heavy tanks is their armour which can be completely ignored by players who can keep their advantages with no way round it.

Maps - Such a shame that these new beautiful maps are completely ruined by their horrible unbalance and tunnel based design. Yes changes have been made to these maps since 1.0 but only at a snails pace whilst premium tanks are still flying off the shelves, proof that balance is only a low priority.

The funny thing is none of these issues existed with the games launch. It seems that war gaming only care about making more money through selling more premium tanks and encouraging gold spam than fixing any balance or game-play issues. It is such a shame that after all these years im giving up on a game i used to enjoy all the time. Maybe I will come back if the above mentioned issues ever get addressed fully. I so want this game to work as i have had so much fun with it in the past and care about it deeply, but as it stands i cannot enjoy it in its current state. I am happy to discuss with other players or devs about mine and their opinions.

Edited by TheBladestormer, 02 September 2019 - 04:47 PM.

kubawt112 #2 Posted 01 September 2019 - 11:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

Hi. Bye.

...jokes aside, I find your lack of quality posting disturbing. If you're this upset, how about making a bit of effort doing things that aren't merely describing issues? There are plenty of stuff I don't like either, but I have no issues admitting that the 'stuff' works that way for a reason. That's not to say that you're wrong - it just means you should post in the dedicated containment thread for effortless posts. ;)

FrantisekBascovansky #3 Posted 02 September 2019 - 12:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32830 battles

RemzDNB #4 Posted 02 September 2019 - 12:20 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9803 battles
This is gonna be a successful thread

Homer_J #5 Posted 02 September 2019 - 01:02 AM

Field Marshal

• 32879 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTheBladestormer, on 01 September 2019 - 11:13 PM, said:

Hi everyone,

just like to say this because I feel like I cant be apart of this game anymore.

I'm betting that number goes up.

malachi6 #6 Posted 02 September 2019 - 01:07 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 50929 battles

It appears as if you do not enjoy any of the core elements of the game.  Yet still, you play.

No matter the MM people complain.

Change or remove artillery, people complain.

Change or remove premium ammo, people complain.

Change the maps, people complain.

And all of these points have been complained about since the game started.  Just search the forums.

My point being, no matter what WG do, people will complain.  What is it about your complaint that has any more merit than the thousands that have gone before? Plus, how many people do you think would play your game, if you could make one?

Make some suggested solutions that you think will gain the approval of 51% of the player base.

Edited by malachi6, 02 September 2019 - 01:10 AM.

HassenderZerhacker #7 Posted 02 September 2019 - 01:29 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31673 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostHomer_J, on 02 September 2019 - 01:02 AM, said:

I'm betting that number goes up.

Regardless of what SCC (Wargaming secret community contributors) write here, the thread starter describes some of the perceived common reasons why more and more strategy-oriented players are leaving the game, while WG dumbs down the game and tries to attract classic FPS players (no brain, just reflexes).

I don't enjoy playing WoT anymore and it depresses me a little because I haven't found another game to replace it and there are also all those vehicles and crews going to waste.

WG just takes the game somewhere I don't enjoy going. So sad.

GrannyPanties #8 Posted 02 September 2019 - 01:31 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1158 battles

View PostTheBladestormer, on 02 September 2019 - 12:13 AM, said:

Gold spam - another infuriating issue which sees german tanks completely rendered useless whilst Russian ones still usable and is now the only way to play if you want to be competitive due to poor tank design. The only real advantage of super heavy tanks is their armour which can be completely ignored by players who can keep their advantages with no way round it.

this should be an easy fix by limiting the amount of gold ammo you can carry, But they never did that after how many years?

jack_timber #9 Posted 02 September 2019 - 07:06 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41233 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Quote... "Artillary - This is something that really angers me because wargaming cannot say that it provides a good gaming experience for ANYONE" End quote.

Why play a game then if something you meet on a regular basis "angers" you, not good for the blood pressure you know.

As far as gaming experience.... It certainly gives me a great experience when I play arty.

TheBladestormer #10 Posted 02 September 2019 - 07:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15980 battles
  • [-IMT-] -IMT-

Hi all, 

To those who are offended by my post I aloligise. I simply felt that I should voice my opinion before leaving. In regards to people will always complain this is true. However up until a few years ago I thought the game was far more enjoyable and so do a lot of people. A limitation of gold rounds and of artillery would be a great start to fix the game in  my opinion, provided weakspots become easier to hit or tanks easier to flank. I dont want any toxicity in this thread. I also dont want to be discouraged from voicing my opinion just because it has been discussed by other people before. And yes the number might go up and I hope it does but only if the game addresses some of these issues.

Captain_Kremen0 #11 Posted 02 September 2019 - 07:41 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 39315 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

Chances of any one from WG reading this?

You know the answer OP but still persist in hoping. The same reason you continue playing.

Lagalaza #12 Posted 02 September 2019 - 08:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10713 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW

Hi Op,

I am new to the game (just over a year) and so don't have anything other than how it is to compare to. For me, even though the shine of a new game has worn off, it is still excellent. Issues exist for sure and some days can be exceedingly frustrating, but overall, it gives some great moments and some real enjoyment.

My only suggestion would be to take stock of what it is you like about the game and focus on that. The core of it is about fighting with tanks, not all the issues you have highlighted. That moment when you get a high roll with your ISU-152 and destroy a tier 10 who thought he was so clever going round that corner to sneak up on your top tier heavy. When you are in just the right spot in the Dicker Max to take every bit of HP from an Oh-Ni as he slowly trundles back desperately trying to get to cover. In the T-29 when you carry the battle as top tier with 6 kills and 3500 damage including taking out their two top tier heavies (Radley medal should have been mine for the first time if that pesky light hadn't stolen the arty kill from under my nose). That joyous laugh as the wheelie that has been annoying everyone takes a massive cartwheel as you blow him to bits in mid air. The fun that can be had in the T-20 US medium in almost any battle because it is such a good tank. The T67..... don't need to say anything, just name the tank!!

Finally, yesterday. A shocking 30% winrate day with eight or nine zero damage battles. WN8 that has been climbing well drops by 3 points I play so badly. Then, in the middle of the carnage, I get an Ace Tanker battle in the ISU-152. I watched the replay three times and smiled!! Then again at the end of the evening, just to remind myself after such a godawful day, why this is a great game.

I hope you find enjoyment again. Whatever you do, have fun, life is too short not to.

Laga.

TheBladestormer #13 Posted 02 September 2019 - 04:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15980 battles
  • [-IMT-] -IMT-

View PostLagalaza, on 02 September 2019 - 07:54 AM, said:

Hi Op,

I am new to the game (just over a year) and so don't have anything other than how it is to compare to. For me, even though the shine of a new game has worn off, it is still excellent. Issues exist for sure and some days can be exceedingly frustrating, but overall, it gives some great moments and some real enjoyment.

My only suggestion would be to take stock of what it is you like about the game and focus on that. The core of it is about fighting with tanks, not all the issues you have highlighted. That moment when you get a high roll with your ISU-152 and destroy a tier 10 who thought he was so clever going round that corner to sneak up on your top tier heavy. When you are in just the right spot in the Dicker Max to take every bit of HP from an Oh-Ni as he slowly trundles back desperately trying to get to cover. In the T-29 when you carry the battle as top tier with 6 kills and 3500 damage including taking out their two top tier heavies (Radley medal should have been mine for the first time if that pesky light hadn't stolen the arty kill from under my nose). That joyous laugh as the wheelie that has been annoying everyone takes a massive cartwheel as you blow him to bits in mid air. The fun that can be had in the T-20 US medium in almost any battle because it is such a good tank. The T67..... don't need to say anything, just name the tank!!

Finally, yesterday. A shocking 30% winrate day with eight or nine zero damage battles. WN8 that has been climbing well drops by 3 points I play so badly. Then, in the middle of the carnage, I get an Ace Tanker battle in the ISU-152. I watched the replay three times and smiled!! Then again at the end of the evening, just to remind myself after such a godawful day, why this is a great game.

I hope you find enjoyment again. Whatever you do, have fun, life is too short not to.

Laga.

You are right, I do get those moments as well and it feels great when I do. I would say that I enjoy the game around 40 - 50 percent of the time depending on luck and rng :D The thing that bothers me is simply that the issues havent always existed and is therefore frustrating. I guess you get good and bad games in every game you play.

boomer1_1 #14 Posted 03 September 2019 - 05:33 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29745 battles
  • [R-U] R-U

View PostLagalaza, on 02 September 2019 - 07:54 AM, said:

Hi Op,

Laga.

wohoooooooooooooo

So good to get reminded of why I still plug away when I myself have been blind to that in the ceaseless grind mentality I have.  I sir salute you.

Folau #15 Posted 03 September 2019 - 11:02 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15735 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Do you attempt to take the game seriously? If so don't bother.

It's ok for wandering on every month to shoot a few tanks while waiting for something better to do, but gone are the days where this game should be considered worth significant time investment. Loads of the problems are still there from many years ago, with a few new ones chucked in for good measure.

Unfortuantely due to the design low time investment won't get you decent tech tree tanks, but you can always just buy premiums that are better anyway.

Jauhesammutin #16 Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23669 battles
  • [FAUF] FAUF

View PostTheBladestormer, on 01 September 2019 - 10:13 PM, said:

<snip>

The funny thing is none of these issues existed with the games launch. It seems that war gaming only care about making more money through selling more premium tanks and encouraging gold spam than fixing any balance or game-play issues. It is such a shame that after all these years im giving up on a game i used to enjoy all the time. Maybe I will come back if the above mentioned issues ever get addressed fully. I so want this game to work as i have had so much fun with it in the past and care about it deeply, but as it stands i cannot enjoy it in its current state. I am happy to discuss with other players or devs about mine and their opinions.

I think you have your rose-colored glasses still on...

When the game launched T6 tanks could see T10. MM was a huge problem and I would take the 3-5-7 template over that any day of the week. The MM wasn't balanced so they created the template system. That wasn't "fun" so they improved it. I would say the MM is at it's best right now.

I agree that they should limit the tank types inside battles. 5 lights with 3 artilleries in one game is just too much. 1 arty and 2 lights would be optimal in my opinion. TD's shouldn't exceed the numbers of heavies+mediums. 5*T10 TD's and 3 arties isn't fun for anyone.

Artillery is part of the game. AT this point they can't remove it. Limiting it to 1 arty per battle should be enough in my opinion. There are times when arty is the only one who can dig out camping enemies.

"Gold" spam is fine. It's much better system than the P2W we had when the game launched. If they wanted to remove the gold spam they would have to rework the whole game. Remove accuracy and pen RNG, give all tanks weakspots, make maps more open and remove the corridors and so on.

Players use gold because they don't want to risk a RNG bounce not because they couldn't pen a tank. For example Maus' turret cheeks are 260mm. So that's a 50/50 pen for most of the T10 heavies/mediums. They could be the best players in the world but if RNG decides to lowroll their pen they can't do anything about it. They load gold, use their skill to aim at the weakpoint and pen reliably.

I don't think maps are unbalanced. There are only couple (Mines comes into mind). Most of the maps are made for heavies, that's the problem. Prokhorovka and Malinovka are the best 2 maps in the game. 

Roboticus #17 Posted 04 September 2019 - 01:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 40266 battles
  • [INTC] INTC

View PostTheBladestormer, on 01 September 2019 - 11:13 PM, said:

Hi everyone,

just like to say this because I feel like I cant be apart of this game anymore. I have been playing since day one and can honestly say its been downhill since. Wargaming are still not fixing the biggest issues with the game and are only adding additional frustrations to players. It definitely seems like they could have made the game almost perfect with such easy changes.

Matchmaker - I dont know how they have done it, but they fixed the whole 3 5 7 matchmaker problem which punished all tier 8s by changing around the way that the templates are used. I understand that tier 10 has more players so this change made sense to me. However ever since i have been either losing battles 15-1 or winning 15-1, and so has so many other players. This makes the game so boring to play as there is no opportunity to play competitively. The amount of each vehicle class is another issue, they made it so each team has the same amount of each class however now we often come across matches where there will be 9 tank destroyers as well as almost 3 artillery every time (I will get to that). This camping playstyle is not fun for the heavy tanks and mediums who have to try and outspot players hiding in bushes.

Artillary - This is something that really angers me because wargaming cannot say that it provides a good gaming experience for ANYONE. it doest require a keyboard and only requires mouse input twice a minuite and in that minute some poor tank has been permantly stunned, members and modules knocked out and huge damage taken, aparty from being utterly infuriating to play against, it completely prevents aggressive plays and further encourages camping. And the addition of all these light wheeled tanks have made the issue even worse.

Maps - Such a shame that these new beautiful maps are completely ruined by their horrible unbalance and tunnel based design. Yes changes have been made to these maps since 1.0 but only at a snails pace whilst premium tanks are still flying off the shelves, proof that balance is only a low priority.

unfortunately it is almost pointless to point out the huge swathes of gigantic issues there are with this game. You will get simpletons that have no idea what they are talking about, or morons that simply don’t care any further than making a joke out of that fact that you care.

wargamins excuses for not making skill based MM (which undeniably would be better) is that the waiting time for battles would be longer. Thing is games such as rainbow six seige has skill based MM and the waiting times are still only 20-30 seconds. So this excuse of time is absolute nonsense. The reality is, is that wargaming is stuck in their ways, taking the game in ever more terrible directions, and they haven’t the balls to admit they are wrong, worse they can’t be bothered to sort the problems out. If you try talking about the problems, only thing that will happen is wargaming will block you from posting on the forum. Says it all! But they would have the many brainless bots on here yammer on of course.

Edited by Roboticus, 04 September 2019 - 01:30 PM.

Jauhesammutin #18 Posted 04 September 2019 - 02:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23669 battles
  • [FAUF] FAUF

View PostRoboticus, on 04 September 2019 - 12:28 PM, said:

unfortunately it is almost pointless to point out the huge swathes of gigantic issues there are with this game. You will get simpletons that have no idea what they are talking about, or morons that simply don’t care any further than making a joke out of that fact that you care.

wargamins excuses for not making skill based MM (which undeniably would be better) is that the waiting time for battles would be longer. Thing is games such as rainbow six seige has skill based MM and the waiting times are still only 20-30 seconds. So this excuse of time is absolute nonsense. The reality is, is that wargaming is stuck in their ways, taking the game in ever more terrible directions, and they haven’t the balls to admit they are wrong, worse they can’t be bothered to sort the problems out. If you try talking about the problems, only thing that will happen is wargaming will block you from posting on the forum. Says it all! But they would have the many brainless bots on here yammer on of course.

This topic has been talked in numerous post over the years and the answers are still the same.

Short answer: no, it wouldn't be better.

Did you enjoy ranked battles? Do you know what happened to AW?

Does Rainbow Six have 15 v 15 players with ~80 individual "operators" you choose BEFORE the battle starts or is it just 5v5 and the MM counts only players ELO ratings? To be honest I don't even know why I bother replying to an obvious troll comment..

Lagalaza #19 Posted 04 September 2019 - 02:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10713 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW

View PostRoboticus, on 04 September 2019 - 12:28 PM, said:

The skill based MM argument can go on forever. Until it is tried in WoT no one will truly know the answer..... but wait, it was tried.... Ranked Battles. How did it go? It was a complete failure.

Skill based MM will not work and would pretty much kill off the game in a few months. Just like it has other games that have gone before. Please, WG, don't do it.

eldrak #20 Posted 04 September 2019 - 02:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51695 battles
  • [GR-W] GR-W

View PostLagalaza, on 04 September 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

The skill based MM argument can go on forever. Until it is tried in WoT no one will truly know the answer..... but wait, it was tried.... Ranked Battles. How did it go? It was a complete failure.

Skill based MM will not work and would pretty much kill off the game in a few months. Just like it has other games that have gone before. Please, WG, don't do it.

Ranked battle has never had skill based matchmaking.

The closest thing to use skilled matchmaking is Stronghold, but that one doesn't match individually.

Also tagged with maps, gold, Artilery, Artillary, Matchmaker

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users