Why did you do dis, WG? You made me sad...

5 x Booster pack

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Jethro_Grey #1 Posted 02 September 2019 - 02:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4550 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

Yesterday, i checked the premium store and was amazed: 5 x XP booster packs in various quantities for an acceptable amount of coin and without the usual countdown thingy that most offers have (i.e. 2 days remaining).

So, i decided to buy them all first things first on Monday (today) to boost my T54Ltwt and IS3 Grinds. 

Of course they were gone this morning. FML. 

So, since i have been away fro almost a year, and haven't kept an eye on WoT, how often does this kind of offer is in the shop? Pls tell me regularly! 

On a somewhat related side note: which tank should i grind after the IS 3? The T10 or the 252 (which looks like a Defender at tIX to me). What are the pro and cons of each of them? 

Edited by Jethro_Grey, 02 September 2019 - 02:54 PM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 02 September 2019 - 03:11 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

T-10:

• Better mobility, not by much as both can shift around the map.
  • No armor, at least in the hull.
  • Slightly better accuracy (0.36).

Obj. 257:

• Lots of armor all around with angled side armor.
  • Better shell velocity since it fires APCR as standard ammo.
  • Almost the same gun handling as the T-10.

The tier 10 you choose will also be a deciding factor. The T-10 leads to the 277 while the 257 leads to the IS-7 which are both good tanks but i trust the IS-7 more.

Dorander #3 Posted 02 September 2019 - 03:13 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

Never seen those boosters before though admittedly I seldomly check the premium shop. So you might just got lucky? Then again it's Wargaming, anything that's a financial success will appear again, because more people will use the "rare opportunity" to buy these items.

As for your tech tree question, if you continue with the 257 and IS-7 you are going the traditional heavy line and will find a playstyle mostly similar to the IS-3. If you take the T-10 route you end up with more of a heavium, better speed but typically less reliable armour so a higher skill ceiling though neither the T-10 or the 277 are particularly poorly armoured, especially in the turret. They're both beasts on the field if played right, positioning and angling well, while the 257 and IS-7 are more straightforward to play.

Miepie #4 Posted 02 September 2019 - 03:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4778 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostJethro_Grey, on 02 September 2019 - 02:52 PM, said:

So, since i have been away fro almost a year, and haven't kept an eye on WoT, how often does this kind of offer is in the shop? Pls tell me regularly!

So far this year: every month.

Jethro_Grey #5 Posted 02 September 2019 - 03:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4550 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 02 September 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

T-10:

• Better mobility, not by much as both can shift around the map.
  • No armor, at least in the hull.
  • Slightly better accuracy (0.36).

Obj. 257:

• Lots of armor all around with angled side armor.
  • Better shell velocity since it fires APCR as standard ammo.
  • Almost the same gun handling as the T-10.

The tier 10 you choose will also be a deciding factor. The T-10 leads to the 277 while the 257 leads to the IS-7 which are both good tanks but i trust the IS-7 more.

View PostDorander, on 02 September 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

Never seen those boosters before though admittedly I seldomly check the premium shop. So you might just got lucky? Then again it's Wargaming, anything that's a financial success will appear again, because more people will use the "rare opportunity" to buy these items.

As for your tech tree question, if you continue with the 257 and IS-7 you are going the traditional heavy line and will find a playstyle mostly similar to the IS-3. If you take the T-10 route you end up with more of a heavium, better speed but typically less reliable armour so a higher skill ceiling though neither the T-10 or the 277 are particularly poorly armoured, especially in the turret. They're both beasts on the field if played right, positioning and angling well, while the 257 and IS-7 are more straightforward to play.

Thx guys, for the detailed run-down!

My gut feeling tells me to go for the T10, as the 252 Looks way too much like a Defender. And while it may be OP, i just can't make the Defender work at all. Maybe i rely too much on the armor and get punished for it? I also like the IS 3 more then the Defender, it just feels better and seems more...flexible...for the lack of a better word - at least for me.

Isn't the IS7 also the tank that Jingles used to say about is mostly driven by Dave's? ^^

Well, T10 it is.

View PostMiepie, on 02 September 2019 - 03:14 PM, said:

So far this year: every month.

Really? Praise our greedy overlords! 

4nt #6 Posted 02 September 2019 - 05:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29691 battles
Jethro, try 257 with Extreme reverse sidescrape. Of late I've barely driven The thing forwards to position: even IS-3 gun performs and turret it is bouncy as Hell when reverse sidescraping. I actually am performing an experiment wether the BL9 is better choice for 257, as it reloads faster and pen is acceptable when combined with 122 caliber.

Edited by 4nt, 02 September 2019 - 05:35 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users