• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

sebastianpotato #1 Posted 02 September 2019 - 07:38 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 60125 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

Hey guys,

I am in a platoon with _Thomas_Edison_ and our fellow forum member LordMuffin and something weird happened.

I create the platoon, exclude Paris as a second map, click into the battle ... and we get Paris. Is this a bug? Or, more likely i guess, which point did i miss? I mean ... i was the commander, check that, it was a standard battle, check that .. ehh ... so?

Please send help!

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_003.jpg   815.71K

xx984 #2 Posted 02 September 2019 - 07:46 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 65125 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL

Ha, got some lovely messages from your platoon mate yesterday.

100% Lovely, He went into the open and got tracked so i killed him, He then messaged me 'complimenting' me about the kill ;)

As for the excluded maps, Doesn't it only come into affect above tier 5? 

Edited by xx984, 02 September 2019 - 07:47 PM.

TomatoShooter #3 Posted 02 September 2019 - 07:48 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1116 battles

View Postsebastianpotato, on 02 September 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

Hey guys,

I am in a platoon with _Thomas_Edison_ and our fellow forum member LordMuffin and something weird happened.

I create the platoon, exclude Paris as a second map, click into the battle ... and we get Paris. Is this a bug? Or, more likely i guess, which point did i miss? I mean ... i was the commander, check that, it was a standard battle, check that .. ehh ... so?

Please send help!

Probably one of your platoon mates doesnt have a premium account, so it will only take into account your first map to prevent abusing the system. (eg. all players select same map as first map and platoonleader with prem account selects a 2nd map).

Edited by TomatoShooter, 02 September 2019 - 07:49 PM.

sebastianpotato #4 Posted 02 September 2019 - 07:51 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 60125 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

View PostTomatoShooter, on 02 September 2019 - 07:48 PM, said:

Probably one of your platoon mates doesnt have a premium account, so it will only take into account your first map to prevent abusing the system. (eg. all players select same map as first map and platoonleader with prem account selects a 2nd map).

We all have premium, that can't be it.

View Postxx984, on 02 September 2019 - 07:46 PM, said:

Ha, got some lovely messages from your platoon mate yesterday.

100% Lovely, He went into the open and got tracked so i killed him, He then messaged me 'complimenting' me about the kill ;)

As for the excluded maps, Doesn't it only come into affect above tier 5? 

Thomas is always calm and friendly, don't know what you are talking about. kappa.

Tier 5 might be an explanation ...

Edited by sebastianpotato, 02 September 2019 - 07:51 PM.

xx984 #5 Posted 02 September 2019 - 08:16 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 65125 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL

View Postsebastianpotato, on 02 September 2019 - 06:51 PM, said:

Thomas is always calm and friendly, don't know what you are talking about. kappa.

As i said, it was lovely messages ;)

OmniWalou #6 Posted 02 September 2019 - 08:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 452 battles

View Postsebastianpotato, on 02 September 2019 - 07:51 PM, said:

Tier 5 isn't an explanation as the map banning works for tier 4 and higher.

This is in fact interesting as based of this information you have given, it is not working as intended. So where the problem is? What were your steps?

You invited Muffler in a platoon, you as the commander -> banned Paris map afterwards -> then pressed battle and fought the Paris battle. The battle wasn't some previous battle you just left to create a platoon and ban Paris map before the results from the battle came? SS of the results to see you were actually in the battle with the platoon? For now, can't come up with another explanation than that.

sebastianpotato #7 Posted 02 September 2019 - 08:56 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 60125 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

View PostOmniWalou, on 02 September 2019 - 08:33 PM, said:

Tier 5 isn't an explanation as the map banning works for tier 4 and higher.

This is in fact interesting as based of this information you have given, it is not working as intended. So where the problem is? What were your steps?

You invited Muffler in a platoon, you as the commander -> banned Paris map afterwards -> then pressed battle and fought the Paris battle. The battle wasn't some previous battle you just left to create a platoon and ban Paris map before the results from the battle came? SS of the results to see you were actually in the battle with the platoon? For now, can't come up with another explanation than that.

I can't proof that I excluded the map before I started the battle, because I died early and went back to garage to check, if I really excluded Paris. So in theory I could had went into the battle, suicide, went back to garage, exclude Paris, wait for the battle to end and cry in the forums ... but I didn't do that. The only proof I have are my platoon mates (LordMuffin is banned right now in the forums ... :P).

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_004.jpg   623.76K

Edited by sebastianpotato, 02 September 2019 - 08:57 PM.

OmniWalou #8 Posted 02 September 2019 - 09:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 452 battles

View Postsebastianpotato, on 02 September 2019 - 08:56 PM, said:

I can't proof that I excluded the map before I started the battle, because I died early and went back to garage to check, if I really excluded Paris. So in theory I could had went into the battle, suicide, went back to garage, exclude Paris, wait for the battle to end and cry in the forums ... but I didn't do that. The only proof I have are my platoon mates (LordMuffin is banned right now in the forums ... :P).

Well that screenshot isn't helping at all as it's not showing if you were or weren't in a platoon. So still, only explanation I can come up with is what you described yourself that you could have done. Based on the information this should not have happened if you had Paris banned, were the platoon commander and were in fact playing a tier 5 tank as we see.

xx984 #9 Posted 02 September 2019 - 09:04 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 65125 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL

View Postsebastianpotato, on 02 September 2019 - 07:56 PM, said:

Show a picture of the team score page 

Jumping_Turtle #10 Posted 02 September 2019 - 09:10 PM

General

• Player
  • 70895 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Postsebastianpotato, on 02 September 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

I create the platoon, exclude Paris as a second map

My guess is the system looks at the excluded maps when you made the platoon and doesnt record changes made after that... at least till after the next battle when everything is synchronised again.

Edited by Jumping_Turtle, 02 September 2019 - 09:12 PM.

STRAPATONI #11 Posted 02 September 2019 - 09:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27203 battles
the only reason im glad to have prem account , to exclud maps. fun as is it is. true.

Orkbert #12 Posted 02 September 2019 - 09:15 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28518 battles

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 02 September 2019 - 09:10 PM, said:

My guess is the system looks at the excluded maps when you made the platoon and doesnt record changes made after that...

That's what I wanted to write as well, but you were faster.

And as far as the game bugs go, getting a map that you excluded is one of the minor ones. Remember the HDD drive issue a few months ago where players could be stuck in the loading screen for minutes? Now that was a major bug and it took them months to figure that one out.

sebastianpotato #13 Posted 02 September 2019 - 09:54 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 60125 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

View PostOmniWalou, on 02 September 2019 - 09:04 PM, said:

Well that screenshot isn't helping at all as it's not showing if you were or weren't in a platoon. So still, only explanation I can come up with is what you described yourself that you could have done. Based on the information this should not have happened if you had Paris banned, were the platoon commander and were in fact playing a tier 5 tank as we see.

View Postxx984, on 02 September 2019 - 09:04 PM, said:

Show a picture of the team score page 

I still could had faked it by leaving the battle early etc.

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_005.jpg   669.68K

OmniWalou #14 Posted 02 September 2019 - 10:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 452 battles

View Postsebastianpotato, on 02 September 2019 - 09:54 PM, said:

I still could had faked it by leaving the battle early etc.

Well that's still true. Don't know at all what the point of faking this all would be. You might be onto something here when coupling this with the comment from JT. Here is a potential for a bug if someone cares to attempt reproducing it. Might be difficult though.

Dorander #15 Posted 02 September 2019 - 11:05 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

SLIGHT nitpick about the screenshot, not saying this is what you did, but it's entirely possible to get that screenshot by playing a battle, getting Paris, going to garage due to an early death, form the platoon, excluse the map, and THEN get your Paris results posted in the results as a battle outcome.

That said, it's possible that you simply did all you claimed you did and ran into a bug or slow sync of some sort. What we know from map exclusion and going by player feedback on this forum the system has always behaved consistently this way:

Map exclusion doesn't work on tier 4 and lower.

Map exclusion doesn't work on encounter and assault modes.

Map exclusion goes by platoon leader, irrespective of platoon member's map exclusions or premium accounts.

So if you formed a platoon, excluded that map and played a tier 5 standard battle, we'd all expect that Paris did not show up in your rotation from any game started at that point. So on the assumption that all went in the sequence you reported, it sounds like the system has some syncing trouble if you change your excluded maps after you've formed the platoon. Best guess is when you form a platoon, the system creates a platoon-identity that it uses for matchmaking and copies your account's excluded maps to this identity for purposes of exclusions, and is slow on the uptake of any changes.

kubawt112 #16 Posted 02 September 2019 - 11:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View Postxx984, on 02 September 2019 - 08:16 PM, said:

As i said, it was lovely messages ;)

It's nice to see that people are still able to send constructive messages that don't question your sexual preferences, your relationship to your mother, your relative sentience level, and God knows what else. :)

View PostSTRAPATONI, on 02 September 2019 - 09:11 PM, said:

the only reason im glad to have prem account , to exclud maps. fun as is it is. true.

Well, it's only barely plural, innit?

sebastianpotato #17 Posted 02 September 2019 - 11:29 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 60125 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

View PostDorander, on 02 September 2019 - 11:05 PM, said:

So on the assumption that all went in the sequence you reported, it sounds like the system has some syncing trouble if you change your excluded maps after you've formed the platoon. Best guess is when you form a platoon, the system creates a platoon-identity that it uses for matchmaking and copies your account's excluded maps to this identity for purposes of exclusions, and is slow on the uptake of any changes.

This sounds plausible. I guess the "platoon identity" gets checked after every battle, so this can only happen if you exclude a map while being in a platoon AND you are "lucky" enough to get exactly that map with the very next battle. Thanks to everyone else who had ideas, too.

Well, it's a minor thing.

<3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users