4 replies to this topic

elcockroach #1 Posted 02 September 2019 - 10:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11826 battles
  • [-BLE-] -BLE-

Hi guys,

first post here.

I just had a strange occurence, so before opening a Ticket I wanted to ask your opinion.

AFAIK each crew  book for 2 million yields 250k experience for each crew member.

Since my top U.S. light crew was only at two complete skills, 3rd at 15%, I decided to boost them a little bit.

After buying and applying two books (worth 500k XP), they only advanced in their third skill from 15 to 89%.

I am baffled to be honest, as I expected them to at  least finish the third skill.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help and/or explanations.

barison1 #2 Posted 02 September 2019 - 10:55 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 43589 battles

1st skill takes a total of 210k xp

2nd skill takes a total of 420k xp

3rd skill takes a total of 840k xp

4th skill takes a total of 1680k xp

and so on

every next skill it doubles the ammount of xp needed which makes grinding past 5 skills extremely long

this link might help you; http://www.planetwot.com/Crewxp/

and pics to showcase the progression

cumulative xp graph

Spoiler

Edited by barison1, 02 September 2019 - 11:00 PM.

kubawt112 #3 Posted 02 September 2019 - 11:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

Barison1 has the answer; I'll add that this is the reason why female/'Berlin' crews are considered rather powerful - since their first skill (BiA) isn't 'counted'.

It depends on the tank, but you might want to use female/'Berlin' crews for 'critical' positions and/or on tanks with fewer crew members - and hence have more 'secondary' roles (and skills).

Dorander #4 Posted 02 September 2019 - 11:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

First off, welcome to the forums, and tank you for posting a relevant question.

That said, like barison explained, the increase in crew skills is exponential. There's some discussion regarding the merits of this type of slowed progression, but it does make crew skills valuable. The good news is you can get most critical skills in 3-4 skills depending on what tank type you are driving (primarily; do you need camouflage skill or not). The bad news is, it does take a fair bunch of games, but even with 2 skills and especially with 3, a lot of tanks start behaving like entirely different beasts from the crew bonuses they're getting. Even if it wasn't what you expected, you just bought yourself a very significant boost in your crew's progress.

elcockroach #5 Posted 02 September 2019 - 11:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11826 battles
  • [-BLE-] -BLE-

Thanks for your quick and helpful responses, guys.

I was aware that the XP requirements for each skill are rising, but that the amount of XP needed to finish the third skill is indeed THAT high is indeed enlightening to me.

You always learn something new every day I suppose.

Thanks again, and cheers.

Case closed. ;-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users