Afk people

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Alukat123 #1 Posted 03 September 2019 - 04:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16257 battles

this is getting out of control....  pretty sure today there were 10-20% of the matches where 1-3 people were afk for at least 30 seconds at the start or going afk mid-game...

Please give those people a temp ban and announce the banned amount big time in launcher.. maybe then this will finally have an end. 

Edited by Alukat123, 03 September 2019 - 04:21 AM.

Xandania #2 Posted 03 September 2019 - 04:41 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42798 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

If it happens at the start, it might be cause people don't load in as fast as they should - so the usual potato-pc problem.

I had games where I loaded in like one minute into the game.

And going afk mid-game can happen too if for example the doorbell rings or the telephone.

Didn't notice it happening more than usual though...

Ediths note: Since you don't have a forum avatar, given your name, might I suggest something like this:

Spoiler

Edited by Xandania, 03 September 2019 - 04:43 AM.

Alukat123 #3 Posted 03 September 2019 - 05:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16257 battles

View PostXandania, on 03 September 2019 - 04:41 AM, said:

If it happens at the start, it might be cause people don't load in as fast as they should - so the usual potato-pc problem.

I had games where I loaded in like one minute into the game.

those people have a grey colored name, not a white one. 

The Afk ones in my games had white name, so fully loaded and ready to play, they just were afk.

EdvinE20 #4 Posted 03 September 2019 - 05:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Community Contributor
  • 39828 battles
  • [-AEG-] -AEG-
There are no more or less AFK players today than when I started playing in 2011.

Enherjaren #5 Posted 03 September 2019 - 05:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 68863 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

View PostEdvinE20, on 03 September 2019 - 05:24 AM, said:

There are no more or less AFK players today than when I started playing in 2011.

There are also no more or less lizard people among us humans since 2011. Coincidence? 

shikaka9 #6 Posted 03 September 2019 - 06:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 70629 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

I like to be AFK it's so relaxing :B

while AFK.. I have more time to study minimep .. and find way where I can strike hard :trollface:

Keyanu #7 Posted 03 September 2019 - 06:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12609 battles
  • [_AM] _AM

View Postshikaka9, on 03 September 2019 - 05:33 AM, said:

I like to be AFK it's so relaxing :B

while AFK.. I have more time to study minimep .. and find way where I can strike hard :trollface:

How long does it take you to study the minimap?

The_Naa #8 Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8317 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View PostAlukat123, on 03 September 2019 - 05:15 AM, said:

The Afk ones in my games had white name, so fully loaded and ready to play, they just were afk.

Could it be that sikaka9 said, they are studying the minimap and going where they think they would be of help, I usually do it in a scout so that the slow TDs can get to their fav bushes and i know where they can shoot so I can spot there. 

unhappy_bunny #9 Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:33 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19808 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostAlukat123, on 03 September 2019 - 03:20 AM, said:

this is getting out of control....  pretty sure today there were 10-20% of the matches where 1-3 people were afk for at least 30 seconds at the start or going afk mid-game...

Please give those people a temp ban and announce the banned amount big time in launcher.. maybe then this will finally have an end. 

View PostAlukat123, on 03 September 2019 - 04:15 AM, said:

30 Seconds! 30 SECONDS?

That isnt being AFK, thats checking to see where the rest of the team is going and deciding where best to go or where needs support. 

Not everyone has decided where they will yolo to before the battle starts, some actually want to make that decision when they know what others are doing. 

The ones that need complaining about are the top tiers who sit in base until the team is 12-0 down and then decide to move. 

Also, just how do you expect WG to monitor these terrible people who sit there for 30 seconds? Should they have someone who watches every battle live? Should they have some auto routine running that monitors every battle? Should they accept the word of every snowflake that wants to file a report?  Imagine the number of tickets that would be raised and the number of attached replays that would need to be reviewed and a decision made on whether the player was afk or just slow to move for whatever reason?

Jauhesammutin #10 Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23608 battles
  • [FAUF] FAUF

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 03 September 2019 - 06:33 AM, said:

30 Seconds! 30 SECONDS?

That isnt being AFK, thats checking to see where the rest of the team is going and deciding where best to go or where needs support. 

Not everyone has decided where they will yolo to before the battle starts, some actually want to make that decision when they know what others are doing. 

The ones that need complaining about are the top tiers who sit in base until the team is 12-0 down and then decide to move. 

Also, just how do you expect WG to monitor these terrible people who sit there for 30 seconds? Should they have someone who watches every battle live? Should they have some auto routine running that monitors every battle? Should they accept the word of every snowflake that wants to file a report?  Imagine the number of tickets that would be raised and the number of attached replays that would need to be reviewed and a decision made on whether the player was afk or just slow to move for whatever reason?

There is no reason to check the minimap for 30 seconds after the game has started. You have a 30 second loading time for that. 

They don't have to monitor every battle live. Let's say if you don't move in the first 30 seconds of the game you don't get any XP or Credits. Similar to the "desertion" penalty if you leave your game too early.

unhappy_bunny #11 Posted 03 September 2019 - 08:23 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19808 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostJauhesammutin, on 03 September 2019 - 06:58 AM, said:

There is no reason to check the minimap for 30 seconds after the game has started. You have a 30 second loading time for that. 

They don't have to monitor every battle live. Let's say if you don't move in the first 30 seconds of the game you don't get any XP or Credits. Similar to the "desertion" penalty if you leave your game too early.

You have a potential 30 second loading time, but not everyone get the full 30 seconds, however during that 30 second period there is no movement on the mini-map. The team is still in its starting position. Its is not until the team starts to move that you can judge where most are going and therefore where best to support or avoid. 

As to monitoring it, does the OP want a human to make that decision or some computer routine to do it? Seriously, does anyone want players banned because they don't hit W the moment the timer reaches 0? Maybe this is why so many complain about 0-15 or 1-15 results, because no one takes the time to see what is occurring and they just rush to the usual spot with the predictable result. 

Jauhesammutin #12 Posted 03 September 2019 - 08:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23608 battles
  • [FAUF] FAUF

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 03 September 2019 - 07:23 AM, said:

You have a potential 30 second loading time, but not everyone get the full 30 seconds, however during that 30 second period there is no movement on the mini-map. The team is still in its starting position. Its is not until the team starts to move that you can judge where most are going and therefore where best to support or avoid. 

As to monitoring it, does the OP want a human to make that decision or some computer routine to do it? Seriously, does anyone want players banned because they don't hit W the moment the timer reaches 0? Maybe this is why so many complain about 0-15 or 1-15 results, because no one takes the time to see what is occurring and they just rush to the usual spot with the predictable result. 

Everyone gets that 30 seconds. You don't have to be in the game in order to see the team composition and minimap. Those are visible when loading into the battle.

Which map is so unpredictable that half of the time the heavies don't go to the heavy corner and TD's don't stay on the TD hill? And what tank needs over 30 seconds to turn if they accidentally went the wrong way (to justify being still for 30 seconds because it would be faster than turning). And on which map it takes 30 seconds to see where your team is going?

It takes 5 seconds to look where the tanks are going. I'm not saying it's not OK to check where the tanks are going. If you aren't a light tank or a top tier tank you can check where your team is going. It's not going to take 30 seconds.

I don't know what OP wants. There is already an automated system for AFK'ers. They don't get any credits or XP after the game. I think it's the same if they disconnect in the middle of the battle but I'm not 100% sure. It's not hard to extend that to the start of the battle. Let's say you if don't drive out of your spawn point in the first 30 seconds you get no credits and XP. This doesn't punish any real human being who is trying to play the game.

shikaka9 #13 Posted 03 September 2019 - 09:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 70629 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View PostKeyanu, on 03 September 2019 - 05:58 AM, said:

depends how fast battle going ... if its 2-15/15-2 then 1-2 min max ,  if its close battle or campfest without spoting 4-5 min but happened longer 

:)

and ye I like to engage when at least 10-12 spoted and known last positions. so first part of battel really slow. except when I play light tenk.

I think that's called tactics too. :izmena:

Edited by shikaka9, 03 September 2019 - 09:30 AM.

jack_timber #14 Posted 03 September 2019 - 09:48 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40279 battles

In my case about 15 minutes....:)

Jauhesammutin #15 Posted 03 September 2019 - 10:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23608 battles
  • [FAUF] FAUF

3 years for a Bachelor's and 5 years for a Master's.

Alukat123 #16 Posted 03 September 2019 - 12:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16257 battles

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 03 September 2019 - 08:23 AM, said:

I consider the start of the battle when the timer hits 0.  So timer at 0 + 30 seconds passed, as limit.

pretty sure some computer routine can figure out whether or not there has been any inputs for 30+ seconds after the timer has hit 0.

12:02 Added after 4 minute

View PostXandania, on 03 September 2019 - 04:41 AM, said:

And going afk mid-game can happen too if for example the doorbell rings or the telephone.

Valid point, so for the ban duration maybe 6 hours, that shouldn't be too punishing for those people doorbell/phone happening, but for those who are afk constantly for 30+ seconds are basically going to be restricted to 4 games a day.

Bordhaw #17 Posted 03 September 2019 - 08:26 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14894 battles

View PostAlukat123, on 03 September 2019 - 03:20 AM, said:

Maybe when they see this  they just quit rather than waste 3 minutes 20 seconds losing...

Lagalaza #18 Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9261 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW

There is such a thing as real life going on for people. Not everyone is locked away in some quiet room with no disturbances. Some of us have to playe when we can with kids running about and wives asking our opinions on their latest purchase etc etc.. Some, like me, play at work sometimes and can easily be interupted. At least once every 30 battles I will go afk for 30 seconds or more for some reason or other. Was afk yesterday in the ISU-152 for around two minutes. Joined the battle and it was pretty even. I went to protect the cap (encounter battle in Himmelsdorf) and after killing a wheelie along the way, ended up second on team with nearly 2000 damage. I remember the battle well for the miraculous RNG kill of the wheelie, hit it whilst it was flying across my line of fire. We won by the way.

It doesn't always lead to bad things and I don't go afk because I want to. Get out there and have some fun and stop moaning about something small that doesn't happen very often.

N_Sask_R #19 Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:36 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15330 battles

BRB., they have already resolved this issue, anyone afk for 15 minutes or more is disconnected from the game, 10 in assault rounds.

WilhelmII #20 Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:00 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 35764 battles
  • [AT2] AT2
Although I agree AFK players are damn annoying and it helps the team not, but things happen, the phone rings , the door bell rings, someone calls to see you, baby crying, Wife moaning kids playing up, need to go to the toilet etc etc etc,  that's life, remember bottom line it is only a game, ,,,,so nothing really important is it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users