I'm sick and tired of elitist gameplay

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
337 replies to this topic

25gorowins25 #1 Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:36 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1460 battles

I'm sick and tired of the elitist whiners in this game who think the game should revolve around them.

It's rather sad, to be honest, that there seems to be a mindset that 'the meta' is god, and therefore should be obeyed and worshipped by all.  This dogmatic adoption of 'the faith' seems to be used as a justification wore the worst sorts of toxic behaviour I've seen on the forum and in the game.  

If someone wants to play 'for fun', and their idea of fun is exploring every corner of the map, or seeing if they can kill someone by falling off a cliff, or hiding in a corner behind a bush ... who are we to deny them their fun?  All this entitled nonsense about 'winning is fun' and 'spoiling it for the team' is just smoke and vapour - basically, some people want to prevent people having fun because they disagree with their opinion of fun.  A lot of those same people want to feel superior about their pixelated achievement and express themselves through toxic abuse of others who don't match their expectations.  And to claim that 'trying to win' is 'common decency' ... well, thanks for the laugh.

*edited*

Edited by SilviettaG, 03 September 2019 - 09:42 AM.
Offensive language

Thlurp #2 Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14572 battles
  • [JORM] JORM

there are two options:
Have fun

or

adapt and overcome

mateyflip #3 Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37426 battles

OP, while I do agree with some of your input, the way you constructed the arguement was child like.

Anyway, missing you already. Don't be a stranger.

Hugz

OBTW - if you think the forum is bad now, you should have been here a few years ago!

Edited by mateyflip, 03 September 2019 - 07:49 AM.

evilchaosmonkey #4 Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:51 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17960 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

POPULAR

It's a team based game.

The 14 other players on the team generally expect the other players to take winning (the point of the game) somewhat seriously.

If you can't see that and what that entails for you as a player when you involve 14 random strangers in your fun, then this game isn't for you.

Neither is society or life in general.

Richthoffen #5 Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:52 AM

Major

• Player
  • 30659 battles
  • [MS-] MS-

as for the rant itself, claiming to be in a team game would suggest you help or at least try to help the team to win, doing your own thing regardless of what is happening will get some strong comments from your teammates

Frostilicus #6 Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:54 AM

Colonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 23708 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-
With the OPs attitude, it's probably best to move on and find another game

CptBarney #7 Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:55 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 18996 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View Post25gorowins25, on 03 September 2019 - 06:36 AM, said:

I'm sick and tired of the elitist whiners in this game who think the game should revolve around them.

It's rather sad, to be honest, that there seems to be a mindset that 'the meta' is god, and therefore should be obeyed and worshipped by all.  This dogmatic adoption of 'the faith' seems to be used as a justification wore the worst sorts of toxic behaviour I've seen on the forum and in the game.  

If someone wants to play 'for fun', and their idea of fun is exploring every corner of the map, or seeing if they can kill someone by falling off a cliff, or hiding in a corner behind a bush ... who are we to deny them their fun?  All this entitled nonsense about 'winning is fun' and 'spoiling it for the team' is just smoke and vapour - basically, some people want to prevent people having fun because they disagree with their opinion of fun.  A lot of those same people want to feel superior about their pixelated achievement and express themselves through toxic abuse of others who don't match their expectations.  And to claim that 'trying to win' is 'common decency' ... well, thanks for the laugh.

*edited*

'Im bad at the game blah, blah, blah. im too much of a manchild to accept my failings and take responsilbity for my actions, blah, blah. blah i demand this and that to suit my own needs above everyone else, blah, blah, blah.'

It's a team based game, if you dislike people calling you a bad stick to singleplayer games or learn to get good.

Makes me wonder how you get through life too be honest.

Kartoshkaya #8 Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27468 battles
  • [HAPY-] HAPY-
So op, you wouldn't mind having all your mates jumping off cliff every game, i mean it's their fun.

Keyanu #9 Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12754 battles
  • [_AM] _AM
When "your fun" comes at the expense of others...

25gorowins25 #10 Posted 03 September 2019 - 08:01 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1460 battles

View PostRichthoffen, on 03 September 2019 - 07:52 AM, said:

as for the rant itself, claiming to be in a team game would suggest you help or at least try to help the team to win, doing your own thing regardless of what is happening will get some strong comments from your teammates

I never said I was actually stopping playing which just shows why this forum is such a bunch of losers. You jump in with your assumptions and post game counts. When in fact that is wrong, and I have nearly forty thousand games. My avatar too complicated for you sonny?

View PostCptBarney, on 03 September 2019 - 07:55 AM, said:

'Im bad at the game blah, blah, blah. im too much of a manchild to accept my failings and take responsilbity for my actions, blah, blah. blah i demand this and that to suit my own needs above everyone else, blah, blah, blah.'

It's a team based game, if you dislike people calling you a bad stick to singleplayer games or learn to get good.

Makes me wonder how you get through life too be honest.

I get through life just fine as I interact with fellow grown ups.

unhappy_bunny #11 Posted 03 September 2019 - 08:12 AM

Colonel

• 20243 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View Post25gorowins25, on 03 September 2019 - 07:01 AM, said:

I never said I was actually stopping playing which just shows why this forum is such a bunch of losers. You jump in with your assumptions and post game counts. When in fact that is wrong, and I have nearly forty thousand games. My avatar too complicated for you sonny?

I get through life just fine as I interact with fellow grown ups.

So should we post your post count then?

Goodbye and thank you for your contributions to this forum and for helping to tackle the toxicity by adding to it. 

SiliconSidewinder #12 Posted 03 September 2019 - 08:21 AM

General

• Player
  • 29109 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

funny, none of the really good players care about meta, or are against trying things. that's what makes them so good.

the usuall wanna be commanders are red and bad themselves.

Jauhesammutin #13 Posted 03 September 2019 - 08:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23690 battles
  • [FAUF] FAUF

View Post25gorowins25, on 03 September 2019 - 06:36 AM, said:

*edited*

It's a multiplayer game. If you want to "have fun" by ignoring the objective of the game and just driving around the map then go play a single player game. 

What do you think your friends would say if you went playing football and all you did was run around the pitch? Would they be happy that you were on their team and you were having fun at their expenses?

8126Jakobsson #14 Posted 03 September 2019 - 08:25 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 81025 battles
I'm sick and tired of elitist funplay. They just ignore the objectives of the game and ruin it for others.  :angry:

25gorowins25 #15 Posted 03 September 2019 - 08:28 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1460 battles

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 03 September 2019 - 08:12 AM, said:

So should we post your post count then?

Goodbye and thank you for your contributions to this forum and for helping to tackle the toxicity by adding to it. 

I see you fit my description of the forum perfectly. My actual post count is 2557......... 2510+47. I really didn't think it was too hard to work out, but I guess I set the bar too high.

View PostJauhesammutin, on 03 September 2019 - 08:24 AM, said:

It's a multiplayer game. If you want to "have fun" by ignoring the objective of the game and just driving around the map then go play a single player game. 

What do you think your friends would say if you went playing football and all you did was run around the pitch? Would they be happy that you were on their team and you were having fun at their expenses?

Usual forum rubbish about football. It's not your game, it's WG's game and who made you the judge of what's fun or not.

Ceeb #16 Posted 03 September 2019 - 08:29 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 33330 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

Cya,  But this forum is where the magic happens :)

As for elitists, every on line game has them. as for this forum, there is a lot of knowledge about tanks and what should happen and what could should be best for the game.  but WG just doesnt listen to even CC's  (Ciron ranted lasted night)

Its a money game.

kaneloon #17 Posted 03 September 2019 - 08:33 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 31205 battles
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0
Guys, what is a use to answer to an obvious troll ?

Jauhesammutin #18 Posted 03 September 2019 - 08:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23690 battles
  • [FAUF] FAUF

View Post25gorowins25, on 03 September 2019 - 07:28 AM, said:

Usual forum rubbish about football. It's not your game, it's WG's game and who made you the judge of what's fun or not.

I didn't talk about what's fun or what's not, did I? I was talking about the objective of the game. 

At the start of every game you get the "Mission: capture the base or destroy all enemy vehicles.".

That's WG's game and WG's mission. So obviously when you drive around the map and ignore the mission players get angry. 

Ceeb #19 Posted 03 September 2019 - 08:37 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 33330 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View Postkaneloon, on 03 September 2019 - 07:33 AM, said:

Guys, what is a use to answer to an obvious troll ?

And one thats an obvious ALT.   No stones to use the real account.

vp56 #20 Posted 03 September 2019 - 08:43 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3424 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

POPULAR

It's ThinGun's alt. He's using a post account because either he's banned or too afraid to show his face again after being roasted so much. Your desire to post your opinions drops when literally 99% of your 40k+ battles played are on TDs, uselessly camping the corner of the map battle after battle and obviously trying to dumb down the game to the maximum. Doesn't help your cause either when you have 44% win rate with the E-25 and the only reason why your overall stats after 40k+ games are average is because you spam full gold with tier 3-5 TDs with a 6 skill crew and full equipment against complete novices who don't even have 6th Sense available.

Basically he's just crying about injustice here when his credibility, which was never particularly high to begin with, is at an all time low. He wants to justify his failures with the "i pley for fun" argument and he's trying to sell it as a good thing to bot tier 4 forever without ever learning anything, and being the most useless and least fun teammate to have in the game for everyone else.

Edited by vp56, 03 September 2019 - 08:44 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users