missions obj 260 td mission 15

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

mishu123 #1 Posted 03 September 2019 - 02:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 69433 battles
  • [MAU] MAU

I am currently trying to complete TD mission 15 from the Obj 260 campaign. I recently got the nerfed ShtBarn and I try to complete the mission with it. I had 166 games to this moment, getting towards 2nd mark of excellence (so I am not that bob) but I just can't succeed. 60% of time I get top tier with tier 8's, 30% with tier 9's - so there's simply not enough HP - and the rest of the time full tier x. I have checked grand battle option and I got into A SINGLE battle with the FV. The closest result was 7.6k dmg. I really find that when you are trying to complete a specific mission, especially the hard to do ones, WG does all that is possible to prevent you from achieving the result. Bad MM, ULTRA bad RNG etc. I had shots in side of Progetto and make 300 dmg!!!

What's your opinion on this? Is WG cheating on us with these missions? Forcing you to play forever to get them done? Thanks

Gruff_ #2 Posted 03 September 2019 - 02:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22897 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Cognitive bias.  No I don't think the MM or rng alters when you're trying to complete something (at least it shouldn't!). 

The missions are there to set a challenge and also encourage people to use different tanks they might not have originally set out to have in their garage inorder to complete the missions however.  The carrot for the donkey as it were. (not calling you a donkey)

WhoCares01 #3 Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23606 battles

You might consider enabling Grand Battles - guaranteed full tier 10 and twice the amount of hit points as well.

Now, to really get into such a GB with the right tank, that's a whole different problem as per some recent posts...

4nt #4 Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29691 battles
He has activated GBs. I am pretty certain something is off with them- Ive had GBs on since t8 GBs were on live, but had 3 t8 GBs and none on tX. Admittedly I play it extremely rarely, but still one could expect at least one in 30ish matches?

____Green____ #5 Posted 03 September 2019 - 04:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24996 battles
  • [B4LV] B4LV
Platoon up with some meat HT chunks and u will get 90% tier X battles. If your platoon mates will be kind, they will soak up dmg and let u do dmg. This is absolutely legal.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #6 Posted 03 September 2019 - 04:39 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34552 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

I think Grand Battles is set up as an 'overflow' for when the MM gets clogged up with too many tier 8 or 10's so if the queue isn't being swamped with them the MM just forms normal random battles. Players aren't playing enough of the wrong tanks.

View Postmishu123, on 03 September 2019 - 02:51 PM, said:

What's your opinion on this? Is WG cheating on us with these missions? Forcing you to play forever to get them done? Thanks

If WG were rigging the missions to make you fail them you could just activate an arty hunt mission to ensure no arty in your games. Try it, it doesn't work. That's your proof they aren't rigged.

WhoCares01 #7 Posted 03 September 2019 - 04:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23606 battles
I wonder whether WG tracks mission statistics such, that they also continuously keep track of battles played that would have completed certain missions, basically how often the requirements for certain missions get completed (also without having that specific mission active!). And then track how that changes over time, with MM/meta/map/tanks/… changes.

mishu123 #8 Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:16 AM

Private

• Player
  • 69433 battles
  • [MAU] MAU
Thanks for your opinions. I still think MM si cheating you when you try to do your missions. I had like months of playing kill arty missions because there was no arty in the enemy team. Or no TD's or whatever you needed to hunt

kubawt112 #9 Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View Post4nt, on 03 September 2019 - 03:58 PM, said:

He has activated GBs. I am pretty certain something is off with them- Ive had GBs on since t8 GBs were on live, but had 3 t8 GBs and none on tX. Admittedly I play it extremely rarely, but still one could expect at least one in 30ish matches?

Depends.

My understanding is that the MM tries to put players in multiple queues at once, and goes with what fills up first - likely with some tweaks to prevent repeating maps or modes too often. It would perhaps follow logically that GBs won't really start if there aren't enough people in the queue to fill a GB up.

(Besides, I'd bet on rather few people having GBs activated, and the matchmaker needing all tanks it can get its hands on to create random battles that conform to the 'rules'. Throwing more crap into the mix means slowing down or worse results. GBs seem more like an 'overflow catch' to create more variety if the alternative is to create a lot of single-tier battles at T8/10, or if those tiers soak up too many T6/7 or T9s, respectively. Keep in mind that one feature of the matchmaker, somewhat recently introduced, is that it may put people into modes they haven't activated. Because 'standard' is the default, and can't be turned off, that seems like a pointless feature - unless you want to soak up 60 same-tier tanks in one battle to straighten out the queue a bit.)

Edited by kubawt112, 04 September 2019 - 11:36 AM.

Jauhesammutin #10 Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23690 battles
  • [FAUF] FAUF

View Postmishu123, on 04 September 2019 - 07:16 AM, said:

Thanks for your opinions. I still think MM si cheating you when you try to do your missions. I had like months of playing kill arty missions because there was no arty in the enemy team. Or no TD's or whatever you needed to hunt

What does WG achieve with this?

Why did WG create two sets of personal missions with reward tanks if nobody is meant to get them?

How did I get 260 if MM is cheating?

mishu123 #11 Posted 05 September 2019 - 07:59 AM

Private

• Player
  • 69433 battles
  • [MAU] MAU

View PostJauhesammutin, on 04 September 2019 - 10:42 AM, said:

What does WG achieve with this?

Why did WG create two sets of personal missions with reward tanks if nobody is meant to get them?

How did I get 260 if MM is cheating?

Well, for starters playing time. People will spend more time playing this missions, more gold, more premium account time etc which translates into money for WG. 2nd, you can get them, but you only have to invest your time and money into it :) I didn't watch but did QB got the 260 on his free to play account? :D

Jauhesammutin #12 Posted 05 September 2019 - 08:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23690 battles
  • [FAUF] FAUF

View Postmishu123, on 05 September 2019 - 06:59 AM, said:

Well, for starters playing time. People will spend more time playing this missions, more gold, more premium account time etc which translates into money for WG. 2nd, you can get them, but you only have to invest your time and money into it :) I didn't watch but did QB got the 260 on his free to play account? :D

Do you mean that players wouldn't be playing this game if there weren't personal missions?

I grinded tanks and played the game and occasionally got some missions done. Not the other way around.

More gold and premium account time? Neither of those help you with personal missions. And you can't buy more premium time if you already have it (which you probably have since you are playing the game in the first place).

You have to invest time in every tank (apart from premiums) in the game.

So, MM is cheating and not letting you complete the missions but you still need time to complete the missions. Isn't that just contradicting your statement and telling that the MM is truly random and you just need luck to get the right circumstances?

I don't think QB has the tanks to complete the missions. He doesn't even have a single T10 tank.

Homer_J #13 Posted 05 September 2019 - 08:39 AM

Field Marshal

• 32940 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

getting towards 2nd mark of excellence (so I am not that bob)

You may have to just face it you just aren't good enough.  I know I'm not, I don't even expect to get that far.  Go back and get some orders to skip the mission with.

Kartoshkaya #14 Posted 05 September 2019 - 01:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27468 battles
  • [HAPY-] HAPY-

I am currently trying to complete TD mission 15 from the Obj 260 campaign. I recently got the nerfed ShtBarn and I try to complete the mission with it. I had 166 games to this moment, getting towards 2nd mark of excellence (so I am not that bob) but I just can't succeed. 60% of time I get top tier with tier 8's, 30% with tier 9's - so there's simply not enough HP - and the rest of the time full tier x. I have checked grand battle option and I got into A SINGLE battle with the FV. The closest result was 7.6k dmg. I really find that when you are trying to complete a specific mission, especially the hard to do ones, WG does all that is possible to prevent you from achieving the result. Bad MM, ULTRA bad RNG etc. I had shots in side of Progetto and make 300 dmg!!!

Why don't you try to do the mission without activating it just to see how much games does it takes you to complete it ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users