Camo's on tanks..........

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Inappropriate_noob #1 Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:40 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17519 battles

Is there any point?

Costs you gold and credit to put on and you get nothing in return, put any camo on my warships, you get more fxp, more commander skills, less dispersion, why is this idea not implemented here, same with insignia's and decal, etc etc

It would be such and easy thing to implement, 

PowJay #2 Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:43 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 40566 battles
You get improved camouflage. 

Jauhesammutin #3 Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23690 battles
  • [FAUF] FAUF

View PostNoobySkooby, on 04 September 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

Is there any point?

Costs you gold and credit to put on and you get nothing in return, put any camo on my warships, you get more fxp, more commander skills, less dispersion, why is this idea not implemented here, same with insignia's and decal, etc etc

You get more camo% for your tank. Like the camo skill on your crew.

It depends on the class of the tank so light tanks get more than heavies.

TungstenHitman #4 Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:48 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30811 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

You get the increase in camo % obviously, which, depending on tank class, is either crucial, semi-important or just purely aesthetics like in the case of most heavy tanks which practically have zero camo rating so a % boost of zero is... still zero lol.

There was going to be a % boost to different stats associated with emblems I believe, whereby you can get something like an increase of 2.5% to the loader or the commander etc etc etc when you buy one of these emblems but a certain streamer started crying that it was paying to win which I guess it was but at the same time so what and it still came into circulation anyway in the form of improved equipment, bonds and directives, which at the time of their release were acquired almost exclusively through ranked battles which is clearly a pay to win teir10 only gold spamming meta so was even more guilty of being pay to win since now Joe six pack and hist lower tier tanks can casual play can't buy improved equipment the same way he would have been able to buy the emblems, so the gap between the pay to win players and the casual free to play players got even more tilted lol. Sometimes it's just good to say nothing and better the devil you know.

Edited by TungstenHitman, 04 September 2019 - 12:33 PM.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:57 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74451 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostNoobySkooby, on 04 September 2019 - 11:40 AM, said:

Is there any point?

Because their camo is a personal reserve if you will. As their camo is a consumable.  And the permanent kind costs a fair bit to be worth it vs how much they give out, as those are usually not even 1/4th of what the one-timers give they throw at you in spades. So I've not bought camo on WOWS ever. So you can say there is no point there either.

And tbh, the dispersion penalty vs ships firing on you makes sense there. As ship camo is not always there to keep them concealed.

Gremlin182 #6 Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:59 AM

General

• Player
  • 59347 battles

Some time back Wargaming came up with an idea much like that, they proposed that the various inscriptions and so on gave different benefits.

If they had carried it through it would have been a little like the customisation you get with skills and equipment something else to tweak the tank a little.

There was a lot of protest and the idea seems to have been permanently shelved.

Problem back then was that if you did it for credits it got very expensive if you wanted to do it on more than one tank.

Gold option was making a tank better by paying cash and that's always been seen as pay to win.

Now the idea would work because you can move camo around

https://worldoftanks...omization-10-0/

http://forum.worldof...iptions-in-100/

Edited by Gremlin182, 04 September 2019 - 12:05 PM.

fwhaatpiraat #7 Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:03 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 60251 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
I paint my tanks in obnoxious (and also decent) color schemes, once they have 3 gun marks.

kubawt112 #8 Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

It's already been established that cool camos makes the tank go faster.

I rather like having some variety, and don't mind a visuals-oriented income model - especially when you can turn off the 'unhistorical' stuff.

mateyflip #9 Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37426 battles

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 04 September 2019 - 11:03 AM, said:

I paint my tanks in obnoxious (and also decent) color schemes, once they have 3 gun marks.

3 gun marks? What's that? I thought they only went to 2 ;)

4nt #10 Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29691 battles
I put The 0.7 doge to Mauschen, because I could.

And free football camo is on pzIc, just because.

Nishi_Kinuyo #11 Posted 04 September 2019 - 01:29 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9355 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
Remember when WG wanted to add stat boni to the decals and inscriptions and such?

Alukat123 #12 Posted 04 September 2019 - 01:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17693 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 04 September 2019 - 11:48 AM, said:

You get the increase in camo % obviously, which, depending on tank class, is either crucial, semi-important or just purely aesthetics like in the case of most heavy tanks which practically have zero camo rating so a % boost of zero is... still zero lol.

Camo on heavy is always nice to have. The more camo you have the closer the enemy spotters need to get to spot you, the closer they get the higher the chance to spot & hit  them ^^

Edited by Alukat123, 04 September 2019 - 01:47 PM.

Jethro_Grey #13 Posted 04 September 2019 - 01:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4550 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

View PostBalc0ra, on 04 September 2019 - 11:57 AM, said:

Because their camo is a personal reserve if you will. As their camo is a consumable.  And the permanent kind costs a fair bit to be worth it vs how much they give out, as those are usually not even 1/4th of what the one-timers give they throw at you in spades. So I've not bought camo on WOWS ever. So you can say there is no point there either.

And tbh, the dispersion penalty vs ships firing on you makes sense there. As ship camo is not always there to keep them concealed.

The Dispersion penalty is only 'active' if someone snaps a shot of against you without having a lock-on. 

The penalty is 0 if someone has a lock-on on you. 

On topic: i wouldn't mind economic boosters associated with camos, but pls no combat bonuses apart from the camo bonus.

XP, crew XP and free XP and maybe even a credit boost of 5-10% per game wouldn't go amiss.

Homer_J #14 Posted 04 September 2019 - 03:13 PM

Field Marshal

• 32940 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNoobySkooby, on 04 September 2019 - 11:40 AM, said:

Is there any point?

View PostPowJay, on 04 September 2019 - 11:43 AM, said:

You get improved camouflage. 

^^This.

We really don't need any WoWS stupidity over here.  You can tell how well thought out that game is by the way they feel the need to change everything every three weeks.

Edited by Homer_J, 04 September 2019 - 03:13 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #15 Posted 04 September 2019 - 03:45 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34552 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

Camo for credits costs 750cr per battle, that's practically nothing. You don't have to spend gold.

Also, camo is useful even on heavy tanks. You don't have to have the best camo on the map, just a little better than the guy next to you. :)

Xandania #16 Posted 04 September 2019 - 04:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44152 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 04 September 2019 - 12:29 PM, said:

Remember when WG wanted to add stat boni to the decals and inscriptions and such?

Gremlin182 #17 Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:18 PM

General

• Player
  • 59347 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 04 September 2019 - 03:45 PM, said:

Camo for credits costs 750cr per battle, that's practically nothing. You don't have to spend gold.

Also, camo is useful even on heavy tanks. You don't have to have the best camo on the map, just a little better than the guy next to you. :)

I find that impractical 75,000 credits for a camo finish on say a Russian tank.

What if I play 5 or 6 different tanks in an evening I would have to repeat that for each of the tanks I play.

1 Special finish costs 750 gold that's £2-80 and if lucky you can buy it discounted.

Move it from tank to tank and you have permanent camo paint for every tank in the game.

If moving camo manually becomes tiresome you can either buy a few more camo finishes so you have enough for an evenings play or use a camo swap program to automate it.

Edited by Gremlin182, 04 September 2019 - 11:19 PM.

Schepel #18 Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:46 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 66456 battles
I like painting my tanks. Simple. Doesn't have to mean anything beyond that.

Dorander #19 Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:56 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View PostGremlin182, on 04 September 2019 - 10:18 PM, said:

I find that impractical 75,000 credits for a camo finish on say a Russian tank.

What if I play 5 or 6 different tanks in an evening I would have to repeat that for each of the tanks I play.

1 Special finish costs 750 gold that's £2-80 and if lucky you can buy it discounted.

Move it from tank to tank and you have permanent camo paint for every tank in the game.

If moving camo manually becomes tiresome you can either buy a few more camo finishes so you have enough for an evenings play or use a camo swap program to automate it.

Purchased rental camouflage lasts for 100 battles and can be set to auto-reapply if those 100 battles run out, which means you only have to do it once and never think about it again, rather than having to swap camo parts around.

23:00 Added after 4 minute

View PostNoobySkooby, on 04 September 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

Is there any point?

You know the spot mechanics is one of the most important game-impacting mechanics in the game? You can win battles merely by outspotting the enemies. Nearly everyone can fire a gun. Being able to spot people reliably so that people can fire in the first place is gold, and camouflage values protect a little against that, about as much as a crewskill does in terms of percentage points.

If you always play heavies brawling in close range you're not likely to get a lot out of it though in some situations you still might. But if you play more mobile tanks and play in the ranges where your spotting capability matters... camouflage can be the difference between a shot at 445m being spotted or not. If you can see your enemy but he can't see you, you control the engagement, you limit their ability to move and fire because you simply deny them that location. Everything you can stack to your advantage towards that matters. Remember WoT is a game of small increments that have big impact.

Schepel #20 Posted 05 September 2019 - 12:17 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 66456 battles

Block Quote

If you always play heavies brawling in close range you're not likely to get a lot out of it though in some situations you still might. But if you play more mobile tanks and play in the ranges where your spotting capability matters... camouflage can be the difference between a shot at 445m being spotted or not. If you can see your enemy but he can't see you, you control the engagement, you limit their ability to move and fire because you simply deny them that location. Everything you can stack to your advantage towards that matters. Remember WoT is a game of small increments that have big impact.

For a while I was under the impression paint counted as camo, too. Since there are some quite nice paints that actually are a good bit more historical than a number of supposedly historical camo patterns, I painted a few tanks with just paint. I am a player who likes to be on that edge and I am fairly good at it, too. I never felt the difference between camo and paint. The maps are often too small for it to matter or there are bushes that just get the job done even if you are playing a MAUS. (I put camo on those tanks anyway, because you never know when that one game in a thousand comes along where it does matter.) So even though I am tempted to agree on principle, I doubt there is any real, practical value in most games. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users