Too many light tanks in every battle.

Light tanks match making.

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

BodyGuardOfLies #1 Posted 04 September 2019 - 02:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 95290 battles

You need to restrict the amount of light tanks in each battle from say tier 5 up.

There are just too many lights competing for the same bush not only that but everybody knows where you are the second you spot something because there are so few suitable positions.

With the scarcity of good positions for light tanks you are competing against your own team as much as the enemy team over very limited possibilities.

Restrict light tanks to two per team. 

TungstenHitman #2 Posted 04 September 2019 - 02:36 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30631 battles

It's going to be that way a lot at the moment since the TOTT is a light tank line so I guess there's more Bulldogs and Sheridans than normal, adding to the normal population of EBR's and AMX's etc so ya there's a lot of mostly light tank battles which if combined with arty is just the MOST fun ever since once feeds the other leaving not much space for anything else to breath during a battle. 

It's not just light tanks though you could apply that sentiments on just about every class of tank, too many TDs sucks, too many heavies suck in fact the only class of tanks in which there can never be to much(imo) is medium tanks. If you had a battle with nothing but medium tanks I guarantee that's going to be a quality battles since generally speaking medium tanks are fairly mobile, can generally be penned and are rarely over gunned so what you would have is a mix of tanks that can get around the map reasonably quickly and hurt each other but not one shot each other or some stupid mud like that nor would it lead to long camp offs like you get during a mostly TD battle or hoards of immune over armored lumps plodding down some road when it's a mostly heavy tank battle. In medium tanks you have the making an excellent battle and there's already enough scope within that one class of tanks... some with armor and some with speed, some can scout and some can snipe, you already have your "heavies" and "lights" and "TDs" within that one class in fact lets get rid of all other tanks lol.  

Edited by TungstenHitman, 04 September 2019 - 03:00 PM.

Unicorn_of_Steel #3 Posted 04 September 2019 - 02:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14615 battles
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A

I understand and share your position on this. I can only speak for myself in regard to the tanks i chose to play. Given the gold spamming, Soviet ufo's and French F1 cars i see no reason at all to chose anything that isn't very mobile or very stealthy. Armour means nothing, mobility equals safety imho. The 60's NATO vision in tank design so to say.

Therefore i avoid heavy tanks and mediums nowadays and prefer lights and TD's. I would not be surprised if more people share that opinion.

mpf1959 #4 Posted 04 September 2019 - 02:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28309 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Too many light tanks in every battle.

Yepp, especially at T1, those little bastards ruin the game!!!!! :playing:

pecopad #5 Posted 04 September 2019 - 03:06 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29261 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

Don't think there are problems on having too many lights, only for the ones playing lights.

Now T49's and Sheridans are a completely different, since the Derp makes the game a bit toxic.

The only thing I can say is that if you can't fight it, join them... 

Homer_J #6 Posted 04 September 2019 - 03:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32362 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBodyGuardOfLies, on 04 September 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

You need to restrict the amount of light tanks in each battle from say tier 5 up.

There are just too many lights competing for the same bush not only that but everybody knows where you are the second you spot something because there are so few suitable positions.

With the scarcity of good positions for light tanks you are competing against your own team as much as the enemy team over very limited possibilities.

Restrict light tanks to two per team. 

So what you are saying is not that there are too many lights but rather there is too little bush?

I support this campaign for more bush.:bush:

feoffle3 #7 Posted 04 September 2019 - 03:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11959 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

I agree with the sentiment.

Light tanks are my favourite, it used to be that when I went into a game, it was rare for there to be more than 1-2 light tanks. Recently, I have been getting into games where there are 5-6 light tanks. There are definitely a lot more being played for some reason. I don't think the stupid wheeled vehicles are entirely to blame.

8126Jakobsson #8 Posted 04 September 2019 - 03:37 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 78842 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 04 September 2019 - 03:27 PM, said:

So what you are saying is not that there are too many lights but rather there is too little bush?

ehmm...yes   :girl:

KarmaMint #9 Posted 04 September 2019 - 03:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1945 battles
Also tank destroyers which are special tanks but in WOT they seem to be as regular like any other

NUKLEAR_SLUG #10 Posted 04 September 2019 - 03:42 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34085 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
If someone else takes a bush before you then go do something else. Playing a light tank doesn't mean you're forced to find a bush to hide in every game. You have mobility and camo, use them.

MrMChalukov #11 Posted 04 September 2019 - 03:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 880 battles
  • [BGWAR] BGWAR

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 04 September 2019 - 03:42 PM, said:

If someone else takes a bush before you then go do something else. Playing a light tank doesn't mean you're forced to find a bush to hide in every game. You have mobility and camo, use them.

ram the basterd out of your bush.... :bush:...take the bush... enjoy your game.... SIMPLE AS THAT 

Dorander #12 Posted 04 September 2019 - 03:59 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View PostMrMChalukov, on 04 September 2019 - 02:55 PM, said:

ram the basterd out of your bush.... :bush:...take the bush... enjoy your game.... SIMPLE AS THAT 

Get the replay sent to support, get a ban for your good advice... yeah, people ought to pass on this one.

I don't see the problem of a lot of light tanks and only a little bush. We don't need bald maps, but we don't need bush everywhere either. People should try going different places to keep things interesting, whether there's a bush there or not. Light tanks, because of their size and speed, can take positions other tanks can't, not without forcing themselves in there. Taking the road less travelled may make all the difference.

Roboticus #13 Posted 04 September 2019 - 04:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 38983 battles
  • [INTC] INTC
High tiers there are too many lights this is true. However it’s actually more a problem because of the meta of EBR105s and T100s making every other light tank obsolete and useless. So the conventional lights such as wz132-1, pzwagon are just left to be bad tier 8 comparable tanks playing at tier 10 out of position, because if they try to push into helpful positions they are aggressively spotted by some bot in a EBR looping round the map. Hence conventional lights are forced to sit further back or almost guarantee them selves an early trip back to the garage. The game really is broken right now. 

barison1 #14 Posted 04 September 2019 - 04:37 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 43589 battles

View PostRoboticus, on 04 September 2019 - 04:32 PM, said:

High tiers there are too many lights this is true. However it’s actually more a problem because of the meta of EBR105s and T100s making every other light tank obsolete and useless. So the conventional lights such as wz132-1, pzwagon are just left to be bad tier 8 comparable tanks playing at tier 10 out of position, because if they try to push into helpful positions they are aggressively spotted by some bot in a EBR looping round the map. Hence conventional lights are forced to sit further back or almost guarantee them selves an early trip back to the garage. The game really is broken right now. 

correction; LT like rhm pz and sheridan are already piss poor, even if they would be the only 2 tier x LT they would be piss poor. they are beyond saving bad, not due to other LT. wz1321 is poor but not as poor as sheridan/rhm pz, 13105 has the best gun out of tier x LT i would say due to clip, which makes it somewhat decent for tier x LT standards, which are already low

ebr105 could been introduced bit differently but ebr and t100 is what tier x LT should be

Roboticus #15 Posted 04 September 2019 - 04:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 38983 battles
  • [INTC] INTC

View Postbarison1, on 04 September 2019 - 04:37 PM, said:

correction; LT like rhm pz and sheridan are already piss poor, even if they would be the only 2 tier x LT they would be piss poor. they are beyond saving bad, not due to other LT. wz1321 is poor but not as poor as sheridan/rhm pz, 13105 has the best gun out of tier x LT i would say due to clip, which makes it somewhat decent for tier x LT standards, which are already low

ebr105 could been introduced bit differently but ebr and t100 is what tier x LT should be

lights should not be like ebr105 and T100 you are mad. They brake the game. There needs to be a balance between the conventional lights and the current broken meta. Game play balance. Sheridan is actually decent,, a little buff on accuracy and would be fine.

and also the wz132-1 is the worse tier 10 light by miles. Turret traverse is dreadful for an completely inaccurate gun. And it’s mobility is dreadful, ohh and camo sucks. Sheridan is a 100 years better and the pzwagon although worse WR, is actually slightly better. The gun hits what you shoot at least.

Edited by Roboticus, 04 September 2019 - 04:47 PM.

FrantisekBascovansky #16 Posted 04 September 2019 - 04:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29675 battles
When there's 3 or more lights per side (let alone wheelies), the battle often turn into a sh**show. But what you can do about it? Nothing. Just adapt .

jabster #17 Posted 04 September 2019 - 04:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12721 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostHomer_J, on 04 September 2019 - 02:27 PM, said:

A problem that has been increasing from the late nineties I believe.

barison1 #18 Posted 04 September 2019 - 04:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 43589 battles

View PostRoboticus, on 04 September 2019 - 04:39 PM, said:

lights should not be like ebr105 and T100 you are mad. They brake the game. There needs to be a balance between the conventional lights and the current broken meta. Game play balance. Sheridan is actually decent,, a little buff on accuracy and would be fine.

[sarcasm]/ sheridan looks real decent to me

its a massive shitbox with mediocre camo, mediocre gun at best. only thing it has is vr

t100 curve is slightly higher but still under reference, better off complaining about actual tanks breaking the game like 279e which overperform highly. apart from having things like 4 LT per game the lights are least of issues as most pretty much underperform

Edited by barison1, 04 September 2019 - 04:47 PM.

fwhaatpiraat #19 Posted 04 September 2019 - 04:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58602 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postbarison1, on 04 September 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

its a massive shitbox with mediocre camo, mediocre gun at best. only thing it has is vr

t100 curve is slightly higher but still under reference, better off complaining about actual tanks breaking the game like 279e which overperform highly. apart from having things like 4 LT per game the lights are least of issues as most pretty much underperform

Lol you should play rhm crapwagon then. Sheridan is miles ahead. I actually enjoy playing Sheridan.

Roboticus #20 Posted 04 September 2019 - 04:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 38983 battles
  • [INTC] INTC

View Postbarison1, on 04 September 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

Sheridan has good Dpm. It’s definitely not the worse light. That is the wz132-1.WR aside, actually play all the tanks and you will know.

hahahaa yes, the broken and OP obj279e and Cheiftan. That is another tread. Those tanks are such a game changing joke.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users