Old South African Tech Tree

South Africa Wheeled vehicles Artillery Heavy tank Medium Tank

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Old South African Tech Tree (13 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Would you be excited to see tanks from the African Continent?

1. Yes (3 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

2. No (10 votes [76.92%])

Percentage of vote: 76.92%

If not, why?

1. Not interested in Africa (3 votes [23.08%])

2. Not enough Content (7 votes [53.85%])

Percentage of vote: 53.85%

3. Just not my market (3 votes [23.08%])

Vote Hide poll

ChundaJunka #1 Posted 04 September 2019 - 03:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5697 battles
  • [-TWP] -TWP

Old South African Tech tree

I know right off the bat it doesnt have the same effect on others as it does on me when I think of a Old South Africa tech tree in world of tanks, but hear me out for a second.

Pre 1994 South Africa had a formidable army that best mimiced that of Spartans from halo, they were highly trained recces that would mostly go out on missions that modern day soldiers would consider suicide missions, Im talking about walking into an enemy base and radio in artillery on their position. (Trying to sell you the excellence of the Army)

How this translates into World of tanks?

Well, the excellence of the Soldiers translates directly into their Tanks, wheeled vehicles and SPGs

Some of these include:

Eland 90 (Wheeled)

Eland 60 (Wheeled)

Rhino (Artillery)

Rooikat (Wheeled)

Olifant Mk.1a (South African modified Centurion) (Medium)

M3 Panhard (Wheeled)

Prototype codename "Loggim" MBT  (Heavy, weak hull) SA-ARMOUR-MUSEUM-3-640x427.jpg

RSA tanks.jpg

I understand that I havent exactly listen a whole tree of tanks, I know I havent mentioned all tanks used by the Old South African army but given most of the tanks in WOT are semi-Fictional or tanks that have never seen combat. There is a small margin for creativity to be had in the creation of new tanks for the devs. The uniqueness of this tree could bring about a darker tone to the game, like the first days of WOT, South Africa hasnt exactly had the most humbling of a history and in that way could usher in the darker tone.

The new voicelines and charaters to be brought into the game that have that Afrikaaner / English accent could be really interesting and usually brings smiles to people on the big screens.

There is a very awesome way to introduce the South African tech tree to the game by means of the Olifant marketed as a normal centurion, but tankers who know their history and their tanks will understand that it would be forshadowing of a new tree driving hype for the game.

Thank you

Please answer poll

vonTreppenwitz #2 Posted 04 September 2019 - 03:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4478 battles
  • [P-W-G] P-W-G

WOT does a great job on sticking with ending their tech in the 60ies with Korean and Israeli tank battles.

Tanks become less mechanical and more electronics warfare (night vision, ground radar, antitank missles etc.). So you need more hard to balance game mechanics. They met the sweet spot.

Your content is all from the 70ies onwards. Same goes for the Israeli or Brazil tank branches. All late comers to tank dev share this fate.

Games like War Thunder are better suited for modern tanks.

Nevertheless interesting to learn about these design efforts.

ChundaJunka #3 Posted 04 September 2019 - 03:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5697 battles
  • [-TWP] -TWP
Thank you for your response. What a shame it is to not be able to explore more cou tries..
I have no interest in war thunder

_SpartanWarrior_ #4 Posted 05 September 2019 - 06:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36640 battles
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ
Too Modern+ I don't think players want more wheelchairs:hiding:

Captain_Kremen0 #5 Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:19 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 39315 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB
yeah we heard about your well trained armed forces. How did that Apartheid thing go in the end?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users