• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

kubawt112 #1 Posted 05 September 2019 - 11:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

Greetings,

Most of you are probably aware of the phenomenon of 'teaming' in Steel Hunters. Teaming means, according to WGNA forum administrator Jambijon: (...) forming teams outside what is allowed by the Steel Hunter mode. Intentional teaming between players or other teams in ways that the Steel Hunter game mode does not presuppose is considered unsportsmanlike behavior, and penalties will be imposed..

The extent is, obviously, not known, and arguably debatable. There seems to be a fair bit of it going on by the looks of the multiple posts made on this forum, however. It's worth mentioning that this has no real effect - moderators and staff members do not, generally, enforce game rules, the act of accusing others of violating rules is against the forum rules - and there's little to no WG staff activity on the English forum (aside from those made in the 'Announcements' section about the open EN CM position).

We may however assume that 'teaming' was a big issue on the NA cluster, seeing how WGNA made an official announcement on their policy towards it, over a week ago. I am fairly sure that aside from the forum rules/warning system, there are no differences between the rules on different servers. We may as such assume that teaming is indeed against the rules even on the EU cluster - in case anyone thought otherwise.

Then there's the question: Has WGEU made any official announcement in this regard?

From the looks of it, that does not seem to be the case. However, a little bird told me that there's a World of Tanks subreddit, that have some infrequent posts made by staff members. Our dear Lord Eekeeboo made a few posts this weekend, mainly in regards to the baseless accusations of showing, and condoning, 'teaming' on their showcase stream.

It is, however, the closest we may get to an official response, and hence I feel the need to share the most relevant parts on the more suitable, and official, platform. I'm sure most can appreciate that WGEU are aware of the issue, and that you won't get banned if you just happen to gang up on someone because it's to your advantage.

(Also worth noting: I've seen at least one instance of a moderator editing a post with the reason ''report it via player support" - indicating that this is in fact what they want us to do, unsurprisingly.)

tl;dr: Teaming is an issue. Teaming bad, but is allowed if it happens randomly in the heat of battle (duh). However, because WGEU is bigger than WGNA, they need to 'handle the issue differently', and presumably as such can't make an announcement because of that.

It would be goddarn great if there simply was an announcement or sticky to put all the utterly pointless complaint threads into.

Edited by kubawt112, 05 September 2019 - 11:58 AM.

Homer_J #2 Posted 05 September 2019 - 12:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32362 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I thought this was a fun mode where you can win some ugly camo if you have no life?

In short, why should I care?

Jauhesammutin #3 Posted 05 September 2019 - 12:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23608 battles
  • [FAUF] FAUF

View PostHomer_J, on 05 September 2019 - 11:00 AM, said:

I thought this was a fun mode where you can win some ugly camo if you have no life?

Because you want your post count be higher than your battlecount?

If you don't play the mode then why do you even bother reading a post about it? If you do then you know what is against the rules and what isn't and what WG is going to do to those who break the rules.

splash_time #4 Posted 05 September 2019 - 12:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12847 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostJauhesammutin, on 05 September 2019 - 02:48 PM, said:

Because you want your post count be higher than your battlecount?

If you don't play the mode then why do you even bother reading a post about it? If you do then you know what is against the rules and what isn't and what WG is going to do to those who break the rules.

Same as Jauhesammutin said.

Homer_J #5 Posted 05 September 2019 - 01:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32362 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostJauhesammutin, on 05 September 2019 - 12:18 PM, said:

If you don't play the mode then why do you even bother reading a post about it?

I'm interested in what's so great about the rewards that it's worth possibly risking a ban for it.

WhoCares01 #6 Posted 05 September 2019 - 01:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21395 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 05 September 2019 - 01:17 PM, said:

I'm interested in what's so great about the rewards that it's worth possibly risking a ban for it.

5k Bonds for players in sub-par clans that can't compete in the platoon Steel Hunt mode, to be able to get certain OP clan war reward tanks in the next auction.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 05 September 2019 - 01:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72848 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Well, the issue here is that Eekeeboo's interaction with the forum and the portal has dropped by 99% since he got his new role. He is still active on Discord and Reddit. But considering the huge amount of topics we have seen about it here. A small response would not hurt, even in the announcement section. As WG has other staff then Eekeeboo that can post here too. But never do.

And that's always been EU's main issue vs NA. Letting their players know via their main two sources that people check the most. Vs just the two sources less than 5% of the active players check. And they only did say it, because of a heated discussion. They did not announce it there in a pinned topic if you will. Sure they might do it differently due to the large player base. But just a heads-up, a nod to knowing they are on it. As we have seen so many times before here. When they say something, even if they have no solution to the issue. But just to say they know about it is enough to calm most down. And when nothing is said, it just stacks up with more and more getting upset.

SaintMaddenus #8 Posted 05 September 2019 - 01:45 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38052 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

"As WG has other staff then Eekeeboo that can post here too. But never do"

I do miss eekeeboo here.

fwhaatpiraat #9 Posted 05 September 2019 - 02:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58602 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
What's wrong with double teaming?

Balc0ra #10 Posted 05 September 2019 - 02:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72848 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 05 September 2019 - 02:43 PM, said:

What's wrong with double teaming?

Nothing, as that's what most of it's players think. Why? Eekeeboo did it on stream. And WG EU has not posted here or on the portal to say it's now allowed. Thus most do it.

pecopad #11 Posted 05 September 2019 - 03:04 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29261 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View PostWhoCares01, on 05 September 2019 - 01:22 PM, said:

5k Bonds for players in sub-par clans that can't compete in the platoon Steel Hunt mode, to be able to get certain OP clan war reward tanks in the next auction.

Well I have seen some clans that were not sub-par....

8126Jakobsson #12 Posted 05 September 2019 - 03:08 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 78842 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 05 September 2019 - 12:00 PM, said:

Because...because you have no life? 

Spoiler

Dorander #13 Posted 05 September 2019 - 03:37 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

When I read that NA announcement, I honestly read the same as what Eekeeboo writes on Reddit. Jambijon talks about teaming "outside" what the Steel Hunter mode presupposes which I interpret to mean a meta-level such as may take place literally outside of the mode's gameplay but also figuratively when you meet a clan-mate or friend in battle, and form a team by virtue of spoken or unspoken agreement based on personal association with the intent of earning maximum rewards for you and your associate(s) at the expense of everyone else.

Having not played the mode but in the understanding that it's a battle-royale mode where the most rewarded people are the ones that survive longest (going by Jumping_Turtle's experiment), I'm assuming you can't platoon in it. That means any trick used to try to get into a battle with your clanmates (such as timed queueing) falls outside of what the mode presupposes. However spontaneously waiting together with another guy while some others slog it out in front of you so you can pick off the survivors together isn't beyond that the teammode presupposes, nor is continuing alongside your temporary ally. As long as when all is said and done you turn on and try to kill each other too, not let one kill the other so that person gets top spot.

Bordhaw #14 Posted 05 September 2019 - 06:56 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14894 battles

View Postkubawt112, on 05 September 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

Then there's the question: Has WGEU made any official announcement in this regard?

Don't expect anything until the event has ended. 

Dexatroph #15 Posted 05 September 2019 - 08:45 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 48296 battles

Well. I got the following answer from our CM.

Block Quote

"EU and RU region decided to focus more on to prevent teaming in potential later episodes of steelhunter and find ways how to punish it. And also make replays available in later episodes. For now there is no concret statement available."

In other words there is no focus on the current situation with teaming. This is the reason why you will not see any official statement in the forums about that.  We should just go on.

Edited by Dexatroph, 05 September 2019 - 08:47 PM.

kubawt112 #16 Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostBordhaw, on 05 September 2019 - 06:56 PM, said:

Don't expect anything until the event has ended. 

Hey, remember the chat issues? I expect very little, for perhaps good reasons. :D

View PostDexatroph, on 05 September 2019 - 08:45 PM, said:

In other words there is no focus on the current situation with teaming. This is the reason why you will not see any official statement in the forums about that.  We should just go on.

Oh, that's fun. This section kinda lacks a dedicated CM, sadly. Not that I think it really would've mattered.

Preventing it by doing nothing is rather interesting. The statement about the penalties for rigging alone, or perhaps an in-game message rather, would likely be plenty enough to reduce the issue. I'm sure Wargaming knows best, though, and that it makes total sense to do it this way. WGNA must simply be a special bunch, for whatever reason.

gunslingerXXX #17 Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:11 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12786 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostDexatroph, on 05 September 2019 - 08:45 PM, said:

They work on a solution for an episode that may, or may not appear in the future. Sounds dumb, but still this is not a reason to not make a statement... if they think its not a big deal (which I tend to agree upon, but thats not the point) they could easily make a statement nothing will be done this round. 

Dexatroph #18 Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:14 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 48296 battles

View Postkubawt112, on 05 September 2019 - 10:01 PM, said:

Oh, that's fun. This section kinda lacks a dedicated CM, sadly. Not that I think it really would've mattered.

Preventing it by doing nothing is rather interesting. The statement about the penalties for rigging alone, or perhaps an in-game message rather, would likely be plenty enough to reduce the issue. I'm sure Wargaming knows best, though, and that it makes total sense to do it this way. WGNA must simply be a special bunch, for whatever reason.

It's not about the CM's. They just can tell us how the company itself decided how to go on. And I find it really fair to get such answer  as I can handle it much better that way.

There is no focus on the teaming in this event nor they focus on punish someone. Better to go on as the event is close to be over already.

kubawt112 #19 Posted 06 September 2019 - 08:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostDexatroph, on 05 September 2019 - 09:14 PM, said:

It's not about the CM's. They just can tell us how the company itself decided how to go on. And I find it really fair to get such answer  as I can handle it much better that way.

There is no focus on the teaming in this event nor they focus on punish someone. Better to go on as the event is close to be over already.

They did not actually tell us, did they?

Also, the lack of a dedicated English community CM is, frankly, about the CMs. The lack of an announcement is not. The stated intention is for other CMs to cover the English section between them, though I certainly don't blame othfor not having the time to both manage their own (German, Turkish, Spanish; all big and active) section, fix the fancy coffee machine, do all the other work behind the curtain and pay attention to the English section.

Wargaming's stance on most things is, apparently, to just 'let it go on'. They're frankly great at letting things 'go on', it's hardly the first time. Perhaps this isn't as big of as issue as (WGNA) makes it out to be, but it would suggest that they might not care if there was more blatant 'rigging' in missions, or 'unsportsmanlike' conduct in general.

4nt #20 Posted 06 September 2019 - 03:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29234 battles

View Postkubawt112, on 06 September 2019 - 08:17 AM, said:

They did not actually tell us, did they?

Also, the lack of a dedicated English community CM is, frankly, about the CMs. The lack of an announcement is not. The stated intention is for other CMs to cover the English section between them, though I certainly don't blame othfor not having the time to both manage their own (German, Turkish, Spanish; all big and active) section, fix the fancy coffee machine, do all the other work behind the curtain and pay attention to the English section.

Wargaming's stance on most things is, apparently, to just 'let it go on'. They're frankly great at letting things 'go on', it's hardly the first time. Perhaps this isn't as big of as issue as (WGNA) makes it out to be, but it would suggest that they might not care if there was more blatant 'rigging' in missions, or 'unsportsmanlike' conduct in general.

I think this is really lazy solution. If WGNA sets guideline for teaming to be bannable, why doesn't WGEU just follow? Does anyone know If RU and SEA have anything about the matter?

Extremely unsatisfactory and quite insulting, as like 'cheating is bad.. except here and here'.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users