Account boosting

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Etre_ #1 Posted 05 September 2019 - 01:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 61467 battles
  • [GTD] GTD

A very known player streams from multiple WoT accounts (marking tanks), that I doubt are all his own. Just looking at recent videos he played 3 accounts and I remember seeing other nicks in the past. 

Right now he is playing on another one, but it seems to be a test account.

Usually, I don't mind it but tbh, this is against the spirit of competition in this game. If one can pay someone else to farm marks, do campaigns missions, etc , what's the point then ? 

I expected account boosting to be a bannable offense but looking through terms of service I only see that is forbidden to share account details and the consequence for that not explicit, just that WG might do something ... 

Block Quote

Account Sharing

5.6 You must keep all information relating to your Account confidential. At no time should you disclose your Account ID or password, secret question or answer to anyone. This includes your friends, children, spouses, co-workers, clan members, and/or clan leaders.

5.7 You may, under circumstances, be responsible for the conduct and actions using your Account and for all breaches of these Terms of Service committed by using your Account which are due your culpable omissions or conduct as regards your Account information. We shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage arising from any unauthorised use of your Account or any unauthorised access, use, alteration, modification and/or disclosure of your personal information based on your culpable omissions or conduct as regards your Account information.

Suspension or termination by Wargaming

13.3 If you are in material breach of these Terms of Service or EULA, then we may, at our reasonable discretion depending on the seriousness of the breach, take some or all of the following actions:

• a) suspend your Account for a short period of time;
  • b) suspend your Account for a longer period of time; and
  • c) close your Account and terminate these Terms of Service

Edited by Etre_, 05 September 2019 - 01:33 PM.

Cobra6 #2 Posted 05 September 2019 - 01:38 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16531 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I have 3 different accounts, two of them are recruit accounts. No real issue there as far as I know.

Cobra 6

NUKLEAR_SLUG #3 Posted 05 September 2019 - 01:38 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34552 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Can't say as I really care to be honest, it's not like someone paying somebody to 3-mark their tank for them really makes a difference. It doesn't magically make them any better themselves or give them any advantage in game. 

eldrak #4 Posted 05 September 2019 - 01:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51806 battles
  • [GR-W] GR-W

It doesn't really bother me what accounts people are playing on.

If they weren't playing on their alt account they would be playing on their real account and for me it makes no difference.

Only WG should and might care if they think it leads to monetary loss for them.

OmniWalou #5 Posted 05 September 2019 - 01:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 452 battles

View Posteldrak, on 05 September 2019 - 01:39 PM, said:

It doesn't really bother me what accounts people are playing on.

If they weren't playing on their alt account they would be playing on their real account and for me it makes no difference.

It's not about people playing on their alts, it's about lending accounts or paying someone to play on their account. There is indeed at least one streamer who openly streams of himself playing other people's accounts. There's also a huge amount of account sharing going on in the game to complete campaign tanks and ranked battle grinds for example. That is what it's about here, account sharing, not someone making a new account for themselves.

IMO WG should care if someone is making money out of it, not just if WG themselves are missing on profit.

SovietBias #6 Posted 05 September 2019 - 01:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39187 battles

View Posteldrak, on 05 September 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

This. 

3 marking tanks or playing someone else's account seems irrelevant insofar it is not related to account trading (potential loss of vehicle purchases) or frauds commited with an account you shared with someone else, which may cost WG some resources with payment operators and therefore they may need some sort of liability mechanism (suspending your account as the rules quoted by OP state). 

Edited by SovietBias, 05 September 2019 - 01:53 PM.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 05 September 2019 - 01:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74451 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

I can name several MOE focused streamers with more than one account. Some even got accounts from WG they renamed on other servers etc. With everything unlocked. Skill got an NA account like that so he did not have to grind everything like he did on RU. I doubt they are other users accounts on anyone of them.

There is only one streamer at the top of my head I recall used a "borrowed" account from a viewer to stream, as his main one was banned. Long story short, none of them are playing anymore. 

kubawt112 #8 Posted 05 September 2019 - 01:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

I can imagine that it would be interesting if this streamer happen to have some 'official' affiliation with Wargaming (e.g. status as community contributor, featured on stream, news or stuff like that) and were getting paid for it - perhaps indirectly through stream donations. I don't really like that such services are offered, but the proof is in the pudding - if someone has sub-50% winrate and three marks on a rather popular T10 tank, you know something is up. Basically like certain 'anatomy' enlargements for when it is not 'at attention', if you get my drift.

Interestingly, the game rules prohibit you from discussing and advertising these 'boosting' services. :P

(On a side note, depending on the kind of service, it may be good or bad for WG. Someone grinding credits for you, well, it generally would demand a premium tank and premium account time, though for a bad player it might allow them to spend less on in-game goods. Someone grinding marks as a service may well demand an ample credit supply to do so - which in turn generally has to be paid for in cold hard cash.)

Edited by kubawt112, 05 September 2019 - 01:55 PM.

OmniWalou #9 Posted 05 September 2019 - 01:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 452 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 05 September 2019 - 01:50 PM, said:

I can name several MOE focused streamers with more than one account. Some even got accounts from WG they renamed on other servers etc. With everything unlocked. Skill got an NA account like that so he did not have to grind everything like he did on RU. I doubt they are other users accounts on anyone of them.

There is only one streamer at the top of my head I recall used a "borrowed" account from a viewer to stream, as his main one was banned. Long story short, none of them are playing anymore.

There are more of them getting accounts to stream with from friends, viewers or clan members, I assure you, even one streaming currently with a healthy viewer count. Looks like a marking of SConq is the goal of that one.

8126Jakobsson #10 Posted 05 September 2019 - 02:00 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 81025 battles

Some are not that competitive anymore and don't want to "ruin" their stats, so they play on someone else's.

Some are broke because they refuse to play anything below tier 10, so they play on someone else's.

Some are honest.   

Jethro_Grey #11 Posted 05 September 2019 - 02:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4550 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

If people feel like sharing their account Logins for MoE, whatever. 

Doesn't bother me, i'm just surprised that people are willing to hand out their account Information to strangers.

I have only two MoEs, one on IS6 and one on T54 Mod.1, and both i got myself. 

I doubt i will get any more anytime...ever...again, so i don't care. 

Etre_ #12 Posted 05 September 2019 - 02:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 61467 battles
  • [GTD] GTD

Is not about WG loosing money. That's such a mind washed narrow view.

Wargaming is providing content as incentive for us to play and eventually pay. Some of this content comes as competition (although the entire game is very pvp focused). In the end, we are paying to play in a competition and expect fair grounds for everyone.

Lets say like this. Your country football champions are playing in the qualifiers for UEFA Champions League. They get matched against a weak team only to find that in the day of the game, 5 of their players have been swapped, just for this game, with the best in the world. Do you think this to be fair ? 

Edit: someone mentioned ranked battles. Exactly. In the last ranked season, the last few days were horrible. So many people already done boosting friends and clan mates.  

Edited by Etre_, 05 September 2019 - 02:08 PM.

Jethro_Grey #13 Posted 05 September 2019 - 02:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4550 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

View PostEtre_, on 05 September 2019 - 02:05 PM, said:

Is not about WG loosing money. That's such a mind washed narrow view.

Wargaming is providing content as incentive for us to play and eventually pay. Some of this content comes as competition (although the entire game is very pvp focused). In the end, we are paying to play in a competition and expect fair grounds for everyone.

Lets say like this. Your country football champions are playing in the qualifiers for UEFA Champions League. They get matched against a weak team only to find that in the day of the game, 5 of their players have been swapped, just for this game, with the best in the world. Do you think this to be fair ? 

Wait.

Do i get you Right here? 

What you saying is, a player uses XVM, see's a tomato player and expects him to play like a tomato.

But the tomato in question gave his account to a unicum and that unicum kicks your team where the sun doesn't shine and where it hurts the most, which you consider unfair? Well, it might be, but how many unicums/ above average players are involved in MoEing or stetpedding other peoples accounts? 

You really think there are so many that it ruins the expectations of players in every game? 

fwhaatpiraat #14 Posted 05 September 2019 - 02:34 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 60251 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
I grinded/ground gun marks on a friend's account too. Because I wanted a challenge and hated seeing only 2 marks on his tank. I stressed that I didn't want something back for it :)

Etre_ #15 Posted 05 September 2019 - 02:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 61467 battles
  • [GTD] GTD
edit: for some reason all text gone, not bothering texting again

Edited by Etre_, 05 September 2019 - 02:42 PM.

splash_time #16 Posted 05 September 2019 - 02:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13532 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostEtre_, on 05 September 2019 - 04:03 PM, said:

A very known player streams from multiple WoT accounts (marking tanks), that I doubt are all his own. Just looking at recent videos he played 3 accounts and I remember seeing other nicks in the past. 

Right now he is playing on another one, but it seems to be a test account.

Usually, I don't mind it but tbh, this is against the spirit of competition in this game. If one can pay someone else to farm marks, do campaigns missions, etc , what's the point then ? 

I expected account boosting to be a bannable offense but looking through terms of service I only see that is forbidden to share account details and the consequence for that not explicit, just that WG might do something ... 

WG does not care about it, like the referral tanks.

They know and knew that players will mostly invite their friends (clan mates) and etc. But they didn't care.

And if anyone pay for campaign missions or 3 marks, as some of other guys said, it won't give him/her any advantage, it's only a mark on gun or a tank without enough experienced player.

Jethro_Grey #17 Posted 05 September 2019 - 02:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4550 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

View PostEtre_, on 05 September 2019 - 02:35 PM, said:

edit: for some reason all text gone, not bothering texting again

I was About to quote your post. While it may be gone for whatever reason, i still wanna reply to it. 

Since i wasn't quick enough on the quote button, i'll paraphrase your original post.

Block Quote

'...i think i'm not gonna bother with you...'

You don't have to, but it'd be still nice if you could reply to my question.

Block Quote

'...last Ranked i achieved 1300th place, but two of the accounts he played were above me...'

Well, assuming that's true that sucks.

But are you 100% sure that he played ranked on both accounts? 

Also, are you 100% that the players of both accounts would have placed worse then you if they would played their own accounts? 

Assuming they did indeed let someone else play. 

If you have proof, why not contacting WG support and report that Violation of rules? 

pecopad #18 Posted 05 September 2019 - 03:01 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29808 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 05 September 2019 - 01:38 PM, said:

Can't say as I really care to be honest, it's not like someone paying somebody to 3-mark their tank for them really makes a difference. It doesn't magically make them any better themselves or give them any advantage in game. 

Because if they are making money out-of-it they most probably will be using any cheat and hack available, specially the rally elaborated ones that require a fee.

If people and some clans are rigging steel hunter mode, we can expect anything to happen.

Edited by pecopad, 05 September 2019 - 03:02 PM.

fwhaatpiraat #19 Posted 05 September 2019 - 03:08 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 60251 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostJethro_Grey, on 05 September 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

I was About to quote your post. While it may be gone for whatever reason, i still wanna reply to it. 

Since i wasn't quick enough on the quote button, i'll paraphrase your original post.

You don't have to, but it'd be still nice if you could reply to my question.

Well, assuming that's true that sucks.

But are you 100% sure that he played ranked on both accounts? 

Also, are you 100% that the players of both accounts would have placed worse then you if they would played their own accounts? 

Assuming they did indeed let someone else play. 

If you have proof, why not contacting WG support and report that Violation of rules? 

Like reporting this will do anything... The player with 130k+ battles with 41% winrate is also still around. Not convinced? 'He' has over 70k (!) battles in Hummel with on average *drum roll* 5,79 damage per game. Yes, BELOW 6. For 70k battles, just in that vehicle. For every mediocre 600 damage game, there are over a 100 0-damage games. And WG does nothing to that. Last month 'he' played almost 3500 battles again.

Also exactly 0 ace tankers in the Hummel btw, makes sense. I have had that account multiple times in my game, it just turns on the spot a little. And that's it. It doesn't even shoot.

So I highly doubt something will happen on the account sharing/ gun marking 'issue'.

SovietBias #20 Posted 05 September 2019 - 03:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39187 battles

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 05 September 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

Like reporting this will do anything... The player with 130k+ battles with 41% winrate is also still around. Not convinced? 'He' has over 70k (!) battles in Hummel with on average *drum roll* 5,79 damage per game. Yes, BELOW 6. For 70k battles, just in that vehicle. For every mediocre 600 damage game, there are over a 100 0-damage games. And WG does nothing to that. Last month 'he' played almost 3500 battles again.

Also exactly 0 ace tankers in the Hummel btw, makes sense. I have had that account multiple times in my game, it just turns on the spot a little. And that's it. It doesn't even shoot.

So I highly doubt something will happen on the account sharing/ gun marking 'issue'.

That's the average collision damage!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users