Jump to content


Game lags when close to klanplayers


  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

PayMore #1 Posted 05 September 2019 - 08:49 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27442 battles
  • 779
  • Member since:
    05-24-2013
Lately my game have started to lag or rubberband when im close to klanplayers! Anyone else experiencing that? I dont use any mods. 

kubawt112 #2 Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:08 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 3378 battles
  • 758
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

So, basically your game lags all the time?

 

Jokes aside, is there anything in particular that makes you think it's clan players in particular that cause your lag? :)



IntruderFI #3 Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:09 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 49261 battles
  • 560
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    07-05-2014

View PostPayMore, on 05 September 2019 - 10:49 PM, said:

Lately my game have started to lag or rubberband when im close to klanplayers! Anyone else experiencing that? I dont use any mods. 

 

Replay...

How many times this has been requested?



PayMore #4 Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:24 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27442 battles
  • 779
  • Member since:
    05-24-2013
I cant name the specific players so i tried to generalize but maybe abit broad. I probabbly those who wish they where in a better clans!!

Edited by PayMore, 05 September 2019 - 09:25 PM.


4nt #5 Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:28 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29234 battles
  • 1,584
  • Member since:
    04-09-2013
Yeah sure. My game lagged today for 48ers, rigged I tell you.

Homer_J #6 Posted 05 September 2019 - 10:15 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 32362 battles
  • 35,392
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Postkubawt112, on 05 September 2019 - 09:08 PM, said:

is there anything in particular that makes you think it's clan players in particular that cause your lag? :)

 

He said klan players, presumably running around with white sheets over their heads.



Balc0ra #7 Posted 05 September 2019 - 10:25 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 72848 battles
  • 20,704
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Postkubawt112, on 05 September 2019 - 09:08 PM, said:

So, basically your game lags all the time?

 

Jokes aside, is there anything in particular that makes you think it's clan players in particular that cause your lag? :)

 

Well... to be fair there was that one time when everyone freaked out when they got lag near clan or good players. Like when facing Skill4ltu etc. But then it turned out it was simply the MOE mod they both had that caused the lag when you got near some players with it. Not WG as they all pointed the finger at.



TheComfyChair #8 Posted 05 September 2019 - 10:34 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 8905 battles
  • 1,218
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-20-2017
 Not sure if people slow down near me because of my erratic driving or if OP is on to something.....:sceptic:

Kartoshkaya #9 Posted 06 September 2019 - 01:26 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27383 battles
  • 950
  • [HAPY-] HAPY-
  • Member since:
    01-01-2015

View PostBalc0ra, on 05 September 2019 - 10:25 PM, said:

 

Well... to be fair there was that one time when everyone freaked out when they got lag near clan or good players. Like when facing Skill4ltu etc. But then it turned out it was simply the MOE mod they both had that caused the lag when you got near some players with it. Not WG as they all pointed the finger at.

 

And in the end made some ridiculous videos thinking WG was rigging him.

 

I like this game



kubawt112 #10 Posted 06 September 2019 - 07:59 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 3378 battles
  • 758
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostBalc0ra, on 05 September 2019 - 10:25 PM, said:

 

Well... to be fair there was that one time when everyone freaked out when they got lag near clan or good players. Like when facing Skill4ltu etc. But then it turned out it was simply the MOE mod they both had that caused the lag when you got near some players with it. Not WG as they all pointed the finger at.

 

Next time a similar thread happens, can we see how long it go on before anyone suggests that mods may be the culprit? :D



Ceeb #11 Posted 06 September 2019 - 08:18 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Beta Tester
  • 32587 battles
  • 6,177
  • [BEXF] BEXF
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

Never lag,   in my games its all clan players 80-90% of the time 

 



Jauhesammutin #12 Posted 06 September 2019 - 09:07 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23608 battles
  • 976
  • [FAUF] FAUF
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013

View PostBalc0ra, on 05 September 2019 - 09:25 PM, said:

 

Well... to be fair there was that one time when everyone freaked out when they got lag near clan or good players. Like when facing Skill4ltu etc. But then it turned out it was simply the MOE mod they both had that caused the lag when you got near some players with it. Not WG as they all pointed the finger at.

Did Skill or the mod maker get punished for that?



fwhaatpiraat #13 Posted 06 September 2019 - 09:27 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 58602 battles
  • 1,772
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View Postkubawt112, on 06 September 2019 - 07:59 AM, said:

 

Next time a similar thread happens, can we see how long it go on before anyone suggests that mods may be the culprit? :D

It just cannot be mods. Never. Remember the floating hit model of the M53/M55? No mods.



Etre_ #14 Posted 06 September 2019 - 09:53 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 60490 battles
  • 1,507
  • [GTD] GTD
  • Member since:
    04-21-2014

View PostBalc0ra, on 05 September 2019 - 10:25 PM, said:

 

Well... to be fair there was that one time when everyone freaked out when they got lag near clan or good players. Like when facing Skill4ltu etc. But then it turned out it was simply the MOE mod they both had that caused the lag when you got near some players with it. Not WG as they all pointed the finger at.

 

Wait what ?

 

That was the case ? If so is worrisome because it implies there is an online communication between the mods.



RaptorAbt #15 Posted 06 September 2019 - 10:03 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Clan Commander
  • 42865 battles
  • 518
  • [BEXF] BEXF
  • Member since:
    04-04-2012
I find another possible cause is Microsoft uploading patches in the background when playing WOT, my mouse pointer feels like it's on the end of a long rubber hose!

CmdRatScabies #16 Posted 06 September 2019 - 10:05 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 38551 battles
  • 5,197
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View Postkubawt112, on 05 September 2019 - 09:08 PM, said:

So, basically your game lags all the time?

 

Jokes aside, is there anything in particular that makes you think it's clan players in particular that cause your lag? :)

Paranoia and a sense of injustice?

09:10 Added after 4 minute

View PostEtre_, on 06 September 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

 

Wait what ?

 

That was the case ? If so is worrisome because it implies there is an online communication between the mods.

No comms involved.  It only affected other users of the MOE mod and lagged their shots if they were in a game with the CCs that were listed in the mod's style sheet - Circ, Skill, Oldskool, etc.  That is, it all happened on the local client with no comms between users.  Mod author said it was a bug.



jabster #17 Posted 06 September 2019 - 10:18 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12721 battles
  • 25,725
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM, said:

No comms involved.  It only affected other users of the MOE mod and lagged their shots if they were in a game with the CCs that were listed in the mod's style sheet - Circ, Skill, Oldskool, etc.  That is, it all happened on the local client with no comms between users.  Mod author said it was a bug.

 

Never used the mod. myself but I believe the reason put forward was that part of the code got 'stuck; in a tight loop when refreshing the UI. That wasn't helped by when this was tested the no mods test turned out to be the with mods test.



Etre_ #18 Posted 06 September 2019 - 10:31 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 60490 battles
  • 1,507
  • [GTD] GTD
  • Member since:
    04-21-2014

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 06 September 2019 - 10:05 AM, said:

 

No comms involved.  It only affected other users of the MOE mod and lagged their shots if they were in a game with the CCs that were listed in the mod's style sheet - Circ, Skill, Oldskool, etc.  That is, it all happened on the local client with no comms between users.  Mod author said it was a bug.

 

Well, ok that makes sense. Although makes you wonder what can be done with these mods. 

 

If only WG found time to add more of the basic mods, like default zoom. Beyond me why such a simple and logical option is not added.  I could play vanilla wot then.



4nt #19 Posted 06 September 2019 - 10:34 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29234 battles
  • 1,584
  • Member since:
    04-09-2013

View PostEtre_, on 06 September 2019 - 10:31 AM, said:

 

Well, ok that makes sense. Although makes you wonder what can be done with these mods. 

 

If only WG found time to add more of the basic mods, like default zoom. Beyond me why such a simple and logical option is not added.  I could play vanilla wot then.

I believe at some point there existed an mod that could share minimap data between mod users, but it seems to have died off. One could argue that such a mod could be injected into accepted compilations and be activated by password from author. But that also worked between users of same mod.



jabster #20 Posted 06 September 2019 - 10:45 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12721 battles
  • 25,725
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View Post4nt, on 06 September 2019 - 09:34 AM, said:

I believe at some point there existed an mod that could share minimap data between mod users, but it seems to have died off. One could argue that such a mod could be injected into accepted compilations and be activated by password from author. But that also worked between users of same mod.

 

The was some YT video of a demonstration of using a 3rd party server to exchange tank locations from one team to another. There was also a suspicion that it may have all been a bit of a wind up.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users