Jump to content


Is the FV215b (183) the worst tier X in the game?


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Wintermute_1 #1 Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:15 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 51548 battles
  • 2,361
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013

Or is it just the worst tier X TD? If anyone can show me a tank curve for a more under performing tier X I'd like to see it. On average everyone (regardless of skill level) sucks in this thing. 

I bought it during the black market sale for twenty something million, partly on the basis of it was Woooo… The Deathstar, surfice to say I'll be looking into these Black Market offers a bit more carefully should they ever come up again. This thing is really bad.

 

It has one strength ---> Alpha but pretty much every other aspect of this tank works against you making use of that strength. It has glacial aim time, poor accuracy and the type of reputation that means nothing hangs around long enough to hit. At long range this can't hit the side of a barn and at close range you have to fire half aimed before the targets gone, which means an incredible number of bounces with AP. You can use HE but what's the point, then you are doing 350 - 400 damage against armour. And Firing the HESH at 8k a shot is like shooting the GDP of a small nation each time. You can't get too close to the enemy because of the reload time, can't get too far away because of the accuracy and don't have the engine power to maneuver.

 

I don't think there's a tank in the game I've done zero damage in as much as the FV215b 183. Played 100 games in it (low 40s WR) and unless they change it in some way, it's just not something that's worth playing. You can't even sell the thing at 27.5k (it's worth more as a barracks extension).

 

There are probably people who have been saying this all along and I'm not one to normally bang on about bad tanks but this one is quite spectacularly bad.

 

 

  


Edited by Wintermute_1, 06 September 2019 - 12:42 AM.


ChristOfTheAbyss #2 Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:22 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 251 battles
  • 567
  • Member since:
    07-22-2019
Sold FV4005 after the nerfs as I still had this. 60 something wr. Works for me. Just dont play it as a sniper. Its heavy support.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #3 Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:41 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,631
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

It's bad alright same as the FV4005 and pretty much most of tier 10 TDs but why are you using the efficiency curve? :)

 

These are the win rate curves for some of them...

 

Death Star

 

WZ thingy!

 

Grille 15

 

Strv 103B

 

Obj. 268

 

The whole class in tier 10 looks like a failure which could be another issue entirely and not the class itself. Things like map design, view range, number of tanks per team, etc. can do that.



NekoPuffer_PPP #4 Posted 05 September 2019 - 10:27 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34927 battles
  • 4,163
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

It does suck, but despite that, I have a positive result in it - 54,17% WR, ~2500 DPG, ~2150 WN8...

 

Bond vents, Bond GLD, standard optics. Can't be bothered with Gun Rammer because the reload is ridiculously long anyway...I rather spot my targets before they get closer. The armor only really works at long range, at which point the accuracy boosts (bond vents, GLD, pudding, BiA, vent directive) make it a viable sniper, true to its "Orbital Laser Cannon" nature.



Wintermute_1 #5 Posted 05 September 2019 - 10:38 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 51548 battles
  • 2,361
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 05 September 2019 - 09:41 PM, said:

It's bad alright same as the FV4005 and pretty much most of tier 10 TDs but why are you using the efficiency curve? :)

 

God knows, I started off looking at the WR curve. Interesting all the tier X TDs suck, didnt know that. FV is the only one Ive played.



XxKuzkina_MatxX #6 Posted 05 September 2019 - 10:56 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,631
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostWintermute_1, on 06 September 2019 - 01:38 AM, said:

God knows, I started off looking at the WR curve. Interesting all the tier X TDs suck, didnt know that. FV is the only one Ive played.

 

The only one with respectable performance is the 268V4. Should that be the norm among tier 10 TDs, i think people won't like them very much but they are indeed a waste of time. I also don't think that this is a mistake or an oversight.



SovietBias #7 Posted 05 September 2019 - 11:11 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 39187 battles
  • 1,710
  • Member since:
    06-10-2013

TDs are a defensive class in this game. Different bad combinations of armor, HP, view range, gun handling and, more importantly, 

lack of turret make them an inflexible class. This means they are inherent limited at applying pressure and fighting for map control , and thus winning games, and generally are left taking opportunity shots, rather than creating them - camping is rewarded.

 

When some TD comes out that somewhat challenges this situation ( think pre nerf Grille, or the most recent Object ), they are immediately called for nerf because they overpower other vehicles with high their Alpha/Pen combinations.

 

FV is an old and extreme example. In order to balance that ridiculous alpha, the vehicle is clunky and especially suffers when RNG is not on your side. This means that in order to make it work - as in, doing more than one shot and then get rushed and die - you need to be very good at creating opportunities in one of the worst possible platforms for it. It's not especially well armored, nor it has good mobility or camo, nevermind the bad gun handling. It's a lottery on tracks.

 

Although it is possible to succeed in it, taking advantage of the fear factor of its gun, one has to accept it's high variance nature. Sometimes, the team won't be there for you when you reload.



Schepel #8 Posted 05 September 2019 - 11:17 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 66456 battles
  • 3,829
  • Member since:
    05-13-2013
The 183 is bad. Once upon a time it had some use, but power creep wasn't kind to it. Still, I believe the German UK TX light might give it a run for its money when it comes to the title worst TX. Whatever the shortcomings of the 183, it can outdamage the light in one shot. Land a second shot and you probably negated any and all spotting done with it, too.

Inappropriate_noob #9 Posted 06 September 2019 - 01:59 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 17519 battles
  • 5,354
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011
Apparently the E 100 heavy German is a pile of steaming crap, nice to know in advance, a special place might be reserved for the 705 a and S Conq though

Schepel #10 Posted 06 September 2019 - 02:00 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 66456 battles
  • 3,829
  • Member since:
    05-13-2013

View PostNoobySkooby, on 06 September 2019 - 01:59 AM, said:

Apparently the E 100 heavy German is a pile of steaming crap, nice to know in advance, a special place might be reserved for the 705 a and S Conq though

 

...

 

You are joking, I hope?



Cobra6 #11 Posted 06 September 2019 - 12:54 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16531 battles
  • 17,656
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

That is the trade-off for being able to one-shot same tier mediums. There have to be severe drawbacks to this ability.

 

We could of course remove the HESH entirely from the 183's and then buff the vehicles but you'd have to choose, you can't have both.

 

Cobra 6



Inappropriate_noob #12 Posted 06 September 2019 - 02:16 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 17519 battles
  • 5,354
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

View PostSchepel, on 06 September 2019 - 02:00 AM, said:

 

...

 

You are joking, I hope?

Nope, S Conq British so shyte by default, 705 cannot even work if you only spam HE, and prepare to be disappointed by the E 100 is what I was told, won't really mater as I will never get there.



Schepel #13 Posted 06 September 2019 - 03:24 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 66456 battles
  • 3,829
  • Member since:
    05-13-2013

View PostNoobySkooby, on 06 September 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

Nope, S Conq British so shyte by default, 705 cannot even work if you only spam HE, and prepare to be disappointed by the E 100 is what I was told, won't really mater as I will never get there.

 

I happen to actually own and play these tanks. They may not be for everybody, but they are definitely not 'shyte by default'. Especially the S Conq is one of the best regular heavies in the game. The E100 and 705A are a matter of taste, but they can both be used to hard carry games without too much effort. In this meta, any tank with workable armour and high alpha is almost by default solid at the very least.

 

Just a question, how did you manage a 43% w/r? Do you drown every single game you play?



Wintermute_1 #14 Posted 06 September 2019 - 09:51 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 51548 battles
  • 2,361
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013

View PostSovietBias, on 05 September 2019 - 11:11 PM, said:

FV is an old and extreme example. In order to balance that ridiculous alpha, the vehicle is clunky and especially suffers when RNG is not on your side. 

 

It just doesn't feel balanced, I've played 100 games and I can't even remember 1 shotting a tank with over 1000 hps left. If they gave it something … aim time buff, some accuracy, I think don't think i'd be OP … just playable. 

20:53 Added after 1 minute

View PostCobra6, on 06 September 2019 - 12:54 PM, said:

That is the trade-off for being able to one-shot same tier mediums. There have to be severe drawbacks to this ability.

 

We could of course remove the HESH entirely from the 183's and then buff the vehicles but you'd have to choose, you can't have both.

 

Cobra 6


Didn't make a lot of use of the HESH anyway. Buff aim time & accuracy, scrap the HESH and I'd be happier.



Inappropriate_noob #15 Posted 06 September 2019 - 10:26 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 17519 battles
  • 5,354
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

View PostSchepel, on 06 September 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

 

I happen to actually own and play these tanks. They may not be for everybody, but they are definitely not 'shyte by default'. Especially the S Conq is one of the best regular heavies in the game. The E100 and 705A are a matter of taste, but they can both be used to hard carry games without too much effort. In this meta, any tank with workable armour and high alpha is almost by default solid at the very least.

 

Just a question, how did you manage a 43% w/r? Do you drown every single game you play?

Lol that made me laugh, I play very little now but the idea of this game really does make me want to jump of a cliff, your welcome to it,o hand stat shaming is never cool,but hey whatever floats your boat



Schepel #16 Posted 06 September 2019 - 10:32 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 66456 battles
  • 3,829
  • Member since:
    05-13-2013

View PostNoobySkooby, on 06 September 2019 - 10:26 PM, said:

Lol that made me laugh, I play very little now but the idea of this game really does make me want to jump of a cliff, your welcome to it,o hand stat shaming is never cool,but hey whatever floats your boat

 

I was just wondering. Matter of fact, I still wonder.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users