Ridiculously slow download speeds at every new patch/update

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

HipHopHippopotamus #1 Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3739 battles
  • [BL-DY] BL-DY
So,the problem goes back at least 4 months when i approximately started playing wot.I was already playing wows and i had 0 problems.When i downloaded wot for the first time i experienced the following problem:the game was saying that it was already playing but i couldnt see it anywhere and i had to wait around 15 mins for it to appear.That problem has nearly gone away but i am getting tortured by a new one that nearly replaced the old one.I have extremely low download speeds for both wot and wows.I mean a get around 15-20 kbps per 2-3 mins while in the meantime it gets to 0 which is seriously mental if u keep in mind that i have a 30 mbps connection.I have zero problems downloading/updating other games/apps.I dont know what to do,i have deleted and downloaded it again around 3 times,i checked my antivirus which is the paid Bitdefender version and its excluded,i tried to run it as an administrator but nada.I am lost and fustrated.Please help me!!

Attached Files

• Attached File   wot1.png   692.09K
  • Attached File   wot2.png   525.24K
  • Attached File   wot3.png   44.23K

Edited by HipHopHippopotamus, 06 September 2019 - 04:14 PM.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74451 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostHipHopHippopotamus, on 06 September 2019 - 04:13 PM, said:

i checked my antivirus which is the paid Bitdefender version and its excluded,i tried to run it as an administrator but nada.I am lost and fustrated.Please help me!!

Check your windows firewall and router etc too. And try to turn off uploading as seen on your 2nd image to see how it runs then. And, how is your ISP vs torrents? As that has been proven as a cause a few times. As GC uses torrent protocols for updates, and some ISP do limit speed on torrents regardless.

Now something else you can try to see if it's on WG end etc. Is the WG checker. https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/10248/

Download it, follow the steps shown in the link and make sure network tests is selected out of the 3 tests he can do. As he checks the traffic towards not only the game server, but the different download servers. And you can check the connection reports by using the left menu once he is down and you show the report, and go all the way down to Network and check server tab and ping logs for WGC. If it's just that connection, he will show it.

HipHopHippopotamus #3 Posted 06 September 2019 - 05:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3739 battles
  • [BL-DY] BL-DY

View PostBalc0ra, on 06 September 2019 - 04:56 PM, said:

Check your windows firewall and router etc too. And try to turn off uploading as seen on your 2nd image to see how it runs then. And, how is your ISP vs torrents? As that has been proven as a cause a few times. As GC uses torrent protocols for updates, and some ISP do limit speed on torrents regardless.

Now something else you can try to see if it's on WG end etc. Is the WG checker. https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/10248/

Download it, follow the steps shown in the link and make sure network tests is selected out of the 3 tests he can do. As he checks the traffic towards not only the game server, but the different download servers. And you can check the connection reports by using the left menu once he is down and you show the report, and go all the way down to Network and check server tab and ping logs for WGC. If it's just that connection, he will show it.

Firstly thanks for your quick response.Now,the uploading window is unchecked(turned off).Unfortunately i cant understand what you mean with "ISP vs torrents"?How can i check them??

Edited by HipHopHippopotamus, 06 September 2019 - 05:22 PM.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 06 September 2019 - 05:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74451 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostHipHopHippopotamus, on 06 September 2019 - 05:21 PM, said:

Firstly thanks for your quick response.Now,the uploading window is unchecked(turned off).Unfortunately i cant understand what you mean with "ISP vs torrents"?How can i check them??

Well, just if your ISP, or internet service provider that gives you that speed has torrents blocked. As you can check on their site. As due to the sometimes illegal nature of torrents as a source for downloads. Some as then set the speed on those to low.

HipHopHippopotamus #5 Posted 06 September 2019 - 06:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3739 battles
  • [BL-DY] BL-DY

View PostBalc0ra, on 06 September 2019 - 05:25 PM, said:

Well, just if your ISP, or internet service provider that gives you that speed has torrents blocked. As you can check on their site. As due to the sometimes illegal nature of torrents as a source for downloads. Some as then set the speed on those to low.

I downloaded what u told me but i got errors on both update center checks :/

Attached Files

• Attached File   wot5.png   123.1K
  • Attached File   wot4_LI (2).jpg   529.23K

Edited by HipHopHippopotamus, 06 September 2019 - 07:01 PM.

PayMore #6 Posted 06 September 2019 - 07:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28203 battles
Maybe virus program is checking the DL extra good since its from russia!? Many people is very suspiciously for things from that area. But anyways I like vodka if its from sweden!

4nt #7 Posted 06 September 2019 - 07:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29691 battles

View PostPayMore, on 06 September 2019 - 07:21 PM, said:

Maybe virus program is checking the DL extra good since its from russia!? Many people is very suspiciously for things from that area. But anyways I like vodka if its from sweden!

Funny, neither update server is from Russki for me. Are you perhaps playing on RU server?

And everybody knows vodka is nothing If not from Finland.

Edited by 4nt, 06 September 2019 - 07:35 PM.

ValkyrionX #8 Posted 06 September 2019 - 07:43 PM

Major

• 54831 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
your internet connection sux man..only 22mb on speedtest is pretty bad  , choose a better ips or upgrade your internet offer 

Bordhaw #9 Posted 06 September 2019 - 07:43 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15319 battles

View PostHipHopHippopotamus, on 06 September 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

So,the problem goes back at least 4 months when i approximately started playing wot.I was already playing wows and i had 0 problems.When i downloaded wot for the first time i experienced the following problem:the game was saying that it was already playing but i couldnt see it anywhere and i had to wait around 15 mins for it to appear.That problem has nearly gone away but i am getting tortured by a new one that nearly replaced the old one.I have extremely low download speeds for both wot and wows.I mean a get around 15-20 kbps per 2-3 mins while in the meantime it gets to 0 which is seriously mental if u keep in mind that i have a 30 mbps connection.I have zero problems downloading/updating other games/apps.I dont know what to do,i have deleted and downloaded it again around 3 times,i checked my antivirus which is the paid Bitdefender version and its excluded,i tried to run it as an administrator but nada.I am lost and fustrated.Please help me!!

Turn off "uploading" for a start.

Second image - tick the box option. 

Dorander #10 Posted 06 September 2019 - 08:35 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View PostValkyrionX, on 06 September 2019 - 06:43 PM, said:

your internet connection sux man..only 22mb on speedtest is pretty bad  , choose a better ips or upgrade your internet offer 

You realize this has nothing to do with his issues? If he has a 22 Mbit connection tested he ought to be downloading at 2.75 MB/sec on average, he's getting a few kilobites per minute. He doesn't have very fast Internet by today's standards but he doesn't need an upgrade.

HipHopHippopotamus #11 Posted 06 September 2019 - 08:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3739 battles
  • [BL-DY] BL-DY

View PostValkyrionX, on 06 September 2019 - 07:43 PM, said:

how is this related to my issues?

19:44 Added after 0 minute
Guys no one knows anything?I did everything Wg support me told to but still the same result.

4nt #12 Posted 06 September 2019 - 09:23 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29691 battles
I dunno. I and my family all got serious problems last evening, all on same ISP... Except that was just 4g for phones. Same ISP, wifi dongle, all good. Inexplicable.

TankkiPoju #13 Posted 07 September 2019 - 10:58 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24018 battles

View Post4nt, on 06 September 2019 - 09:23 PM, said:

I dunno. I and my family all got serious problems last evening, all on same ISP... Except that was just 4g for phones. Same ISP, wifi dongle, all good. Inexplicable.

Could be ISPs experimenting with blocking torrent traffic on 4G mobile networks.

You could try changing the incoming connection port in WoT launcher / Game Central .

HipHopHippopotamus #14 Posted 07 September 2019 - 11:11 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3739 battles
  • [BL-DY] BL-DY

View PostTankkiPoju, on 07 September 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

Could be ISPs experimenting with blocking torrent traffic on 4G mobile networks.

You could try changing the incoming connection port in WoT launcher / Game Central .

i tried to put 4883-4889 ports and nada.Still the same...

HipHopHippopotamus #15 Posted 07 September 2019 - 11:24 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3739 battles
  • [BL-DY] BL-DY

So after approx.2 days i managed to download wot,unfortunately i made a ticket to wg which they responded asking me to do some things.I did said things with no results but one of those things was to delete everything on res_mods and mods file and create a new folder with the name of the latest patch,which i did but now that i try to start my game i get the following error"game resourse path doesnt not exist-->res_mods.I am seriously at a loss and i dont know what to do...I never used mods.

Mind you the problem is not solved,i still try to download wows.

Edited by HipHopHippopotamus, 07 September 2019 - 11:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users