IS-2 Berlin vs IS-2M

rasha 390_alpha_noscope

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

TankkiPoju #1 Posted 07 September 2019 - 09:37 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24018 battles

So I caved in and bought IS-2M despite already having IS-2 Berlin.

Why am I making this topic? Because IMHO both IS-2M and IS-2 Berlin have maybe the highest carry capability of all tier 7 premium tanks in current MM and map rotation. Yes, including tanks like 13 57 and E25. So which is better? No I am not drunk or stoned, mental health might be an issue though.

Some key points:

- IS-2 Berlin has less armor (worse layout) but it is faster and more nimble.

- IS-2M has better armor (better layout) but its more sluggish and turns slower. The armor layout allows some better side scraping, which is nice in a high alpha tank with potato gun handling.

- IS-2M has better gun handling at least on paper, in reality it's pretty much the same for both tanks.

In both tanks you need SerB's blessing to hit any kind of snap shots. And you should use ALL the good stuff on the tanks like food and gun handling skills, to make life easier.

But when you consider IS-2 Berlin gets the zero skill BIA meme crew, I would choose IS-2 Berlin out of these two. Both are pretty damn good tanks though. Both play the same, you get into front lines, stay in cover and blast infidels to the face with 390 alpha Russian Care Packages.

TL;DR Both are quite the same, but IS-2 Berlin wins because of BIA crew.

Lagalaza #2 Posted 07 September 2019 - 11:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10927 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW
I was looking at the IS-2M but kind of dismissing it. I like my IS and my T-29 so didn't feel the need for another tier 7 heavy, especially as I have a rack of premiums I don't play as much as I should. However, now you say it's seriously good..... I may have to think again. I do like shiny new things after all..............

Inappropriate_noob #3 Posted 07 September 2019 - 11:06 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17519 battles

I watched Skillz play the IS 2M, ofc he can make a plank of wood seem op, so I got it,armour, what is this armour that is spoken of, two games in it,it will be sold, as for accuracy, well it is Russian, it don't have any. Russian tanks only get interesting t8 and above.

After writing this I did eventually come round to having a game in it on karellia, got in 3 kills but was i think last man standing,or there may have been a LT of ours still alive,tried to take and hold their cap,wasn't to be.

Edited by NoobySkooby, 07 September 2019 - 05:01 PM.

TankkiPoju #4 Posted 07 September 2019 - 04:58 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24018 battles

View PostLagalaza, on 07 September 2019 - 11:04 AM, said:

I was looking at the IS-2M but kind of dismissing it. I like my IS and my T-29 so didn't feel the need for another tier 7 heavy, especially as I have a rack of premiums I don't play as much as I should. However, now you say it's seriously good..... I may have to think again. I do like shiny new things after all..............

Well, IS is a very good heavy tank and IS-2M and IS-2 Berlin are pretty much the same but premium tanks. But if you dont like IS, you probably won't enjoy IS-2M or IS-2 Berlin either.

Also, since they are tier 7 premiums, they wont make as much credits as tier 8 premiums.

Blubba #5 Posted 07 September 2019 - 06:14 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 61087 battles

I liked the IS. Played it a looong time ago and sold it. When the IS-2M first came out, I bought it and loved it. It's an IS on steroids with premium income. 

I don't have the Berlin version but if you liked the IS, I'd recommend the 2M and to be fair, I don't believe you'd go wrong with the Berlin either.

kubawt112 #6 Posted 07 September 2019 - 06:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostNoobySkooby, on 07 September 2019 - 11:06 AM, said:

I watched Skillz play the IS 2M, ofc he can make a plank of wood seem op, so I got it,armour, what is this armour that is spoken of, two games in it,it will be sold, as for accuracy, well it is Russian, it don't have any. Russian tanks only get interesting t8 and above.

After writing this I did eventually come round to having a game in it on karellia, got in 3 kills but was i think last man standing,or there may have been a LT of ours still alive,tried to take and hold their cap,wasn't to be.

It's been ages since I played mine, but the side armor is what you want people to shoot. Wiggle, turn, and 'bait' people into aiming at your sides.

The rest is vodka and trading your big potato for smaller potatoes. :)

Balc0ra #7 Posted 07 September 2019 - 07:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74451 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

I've seen several good players praise the IS-2M after it was sold just now. But... when it came it had some bad rep and not many liked it, and I've not seen a single one since December 1st until it was sold again now.

But is it good all the time, or situational good? Not vs the IS, but just in general.

The_Naa #8 Posted 07 September 2019 - 07:46 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9507 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View PostBalc0ra, on 07 September 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

I've seen several good players praise the IS-2M after it was sold just now. But... when it came it had some bad rep and not many liked it, and I've not seen a single one since December 1st until it was sold again now.

But is it good all the time, or situational good? Not vs the IS, but just in general.

IS-2M is really good when it can club lower tier tanks. the alpha and armor make it feared tank and rushing in with it does give it some ''extra'' armor as the enemy has no time to aim for weak spots as you move rapidly closer.

in equal tier games its a good trader that can hold its own and push on if needed.

when bottom tier i usually have to resort to using HE. APCR does nothing most of the time, or use the mobility / team mates to get to that sweet side or rear armor.

on a scale to 1 to 10

when top tier: 9/10 (nothing but few TD's can stop it)

when against same tier opponents: 6.5/10  (good for trading)

when against tier 8 & 9's: 3/10 (the gun does not work anymore and armor is paper thin unless you angle it just right)

Schepel #9 Posted 07 September 2019 - 10:36 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 66456 battles
I just couldn't justify another IS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users