Jump to content


VK 45.02 (P) Ausf. A


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

splash_time #1 Posted 07 September 2019 - 11:57 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12847 battles
  • 406
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

Hi guys, i'm thinking about grinding pz.kpfw VII and most of other German TDs lines.

So, i thought to start with pz kpfw VII.

Anyway, does it really worth grinding through this tier 8? I saw this tank many times and how it performs below average. 

So i need to know the opinion of all who know about it & played it.

And also if you can mention best gameplay for this tank? Is it like a support heavy? Or it can block and trade well? (As i know, it's just a punching bag in front of other players).

 

All feedback is welcome, greetings. :) 


Edited by splash_time, 07 September 2019 - 11:59 AM.


Balc0ra #2 Posted 07 September 2019 - 12:59 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 72848 battles
  • 20,704
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
 

View Postsplash_time, on 07 September 2019 - 11:57 AM, said:

Anyway, does it really worth grinding through this tier 8? I saw this tank many times and how it performs below average.

 

It's been a while since I did grind mine, so no idea how it is in the current meta. But it was not a terrible grind, but not a fun one either. It's fairly mobile, armor can work vs lower tiers, def not vs +2. Gun is not as accurate as the Tiger II, but 0.35 is not bad either. But... the biggest issue I had with it was the pen. It has 200 flat pen. So on a low pen roll vs some targets, you will see more bounces. And it can't fight the VK 100.01 head on that well unless you press 2. And it's a fairly large target. So even bad dispersion tanks can smak that side at long range. So avoid the open.

 

I can't say if the tier X is worth it as I've not bothered to buy it. But I'm sure owners of that will tell you if it's worth the grind or not. But the VK B still is fun IMO to be worth something. Now I also see you have the Tiger II. So XP wise the grind won't be that bad, as you have the guns already. As the top gun works with the stock turret.

 

View Postsplash_time, on 07 September 2019 - 11:57 AM, said:

And also if you can mention best gameplay for this tank? Is it like a support heavy? Or it can block and trade well? (As i know, it's just a punching bag in front of other players).

 

It's a support heavy, or a heavium. As armor is not it's focus. Lower plate and turret head-on is 170 and 185mm effective. So most tier 8 guns will eat past that with ease. Upper hull plate is about 230 effective, so that can get a few bounces as top tier. But vs +2 you will just do bad trades. So 2nd line if your gun can deal with it head-on. As again.. 200 flat pen. Or medium lane. This and the IS-6 are two HT's I see on the medium lane more so then the HT lane on some maps, if the medium lane is not wide open that is.


Edited by Balc0ra, 07 September 2019 - 12:59 PM.


Alukat123 #3 Posted 07 September 2019 - 05:47 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16257 battles
  • 1,084
  • Member since:
    03-21-2016

VK 45.02A:

I usually play mine on the medium flank, unless it's something like westfield.

 

I usually play it tiger P style, driving out nose first, unlinke IS/WZ tanks the frontal plates gain effective armor instead of losing it, when driving out nose first and having it angled. With some practice it's even possible to bounce Grille 15 etc. while doing nose-first pokes.

 

it's good mobility allows it to launch ninja-attacks on enemy tanks.

 

Usually throughout a match it has to be played different ways.

 

VK 45.02:

well, it can bounce a lot has pretty decent survival capabilities.


Edited by Alukat123, 07 September 2019 - 06:00 PM.


splash_time #4 Posted 07 September 2019 - 06:07 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12847 battles
  • 406
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

I like pz because it has a real good lower plate and a trollish sides. :)

And being a back turreted tank with good gun dep(-8 is really nice compared to 705 a with only -5)  and speed? It's absolutely nice.

But since this VK lacks a lot of things, including pen, armor and dpm, it's a real annoying step in this line.


Edited by splash_time, 07 September 2019 - 06:10 PM.


Dava_117 #5 Posted 07 September 2019 - 07:51 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 22489 battles
  • 4,946
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View Postsplash_time, on 07 September 2019 - 06:07 PM, said:

I like pz because it has a real good lower plate and a trollish sides. :)

And being a back turreted tank with good gun dep(-8 is really nice compared to 705 a with only -5)  and speed? It's absolutely nice.

But since this VK lacks a lot of things, including pen, armor and dpm, it's a real annoying step in this line.

 

To be fair, the PzVII doesn't look interesting. The strong LFP will just mean that people will spam gold at it. If they can't hit the mantlet weackspot of course. In E100 I usually go for HEATing the LFP while in IS-4 or ST-I the mantlet weackspot is where I aim.

Pz7 gun is really good tho, but I wouldn't say the tank is solid. Met quite a good amount in game and usually they die a painful death...



splash_time #6 Posted 07 September 2019 - 09:20 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12847 battles
  • 406
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

View PostDava_117, on 07 September 2019 - 10:21 PM, said:

 

To be fair, the PzVII doesn't look interesting. The strong LFP will just mean that people will spam gold at it. If they can't hit the mantlet weackspot of course. In E100 I usually go for HEATing the LFP while in IS-4 or ST-I the mantlet weackspot is where I aim.

Pz7 gun is really good tho, but I wouldn't say the tank is solid. Met quite a good amount in game and usually they die a painful death...

 

Lol, well said, and yeah, every tank can be pened, but if you learn how to hide/use the weak spots, you will rlly enjoy ur tank.



Dava_117 #7 Posted 07 September 2019 - 10:34 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 22489 battles
  • 4,946
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View Postsplash_time, on 07 September 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

 

Lol, well said, and yeah, every tank can be pened, but if you learn how to hide/use the weak spots, you will rlly enjoy ur tank.

 

I generally agree with that (I love KV-4, lol), but this is one of the few exceptions. Don't know if you took a look at the armour layout. Pz7 was one of the bad design of the Murazor era. Frontally is really strong, but once you load premium it can easily get penetrated. That would not be too bad, as the turret weackspot would balance the strong armour. The problem is that it can't effectively use its armour, thanks to the round shape of the hull under the turret that is always around 190-230mm effective. So the tank became a quite unenjoyable (at least for my taste) stomping machine for bullying tier 8 that have to pray the tier 9 and 10 tanks don't load premium or it get butterish. Heck, even the E100, with its unreliable armour, can still be angled to be effective against premium ammo, but not this thing.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users