Union 4 for Obj 279 e

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

__Santana__ #1 Posted 07 September 2019 - 02:47 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44258 battles
  • [SI-S] SI-S

Hi. I just tried the first mission for Obj 279 e and I don't think the missions work properly. For Union 4 I had to block an average of 8 hits per battle, for 5 battles(restriction block 2 enemy hits).  I think the restriction means that if I don't block at least 2 hits, just 1 hit won't be counted. Anyway in 5 battles I blocked: 1st battle-14, 2nd battle-11, 3rd battle-2, 4th battle-7(an enemy Is7 drowned me from full health, after a 60 tp tried before him. They couldn't pen St-1 with gold) and 5th battle-13.

It's a total of 47 hits blocked and I got mission completed after the last hit. But 5 multiplied by 8 is 40, so why the extra 7 hits?

Edited by __Santana__, 07 September 2019 - 02:48 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 07 September 2019 - 02:57 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34552 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
There's no reason to believe the mission isn't working as intended so in the absence of any replays/screenshots to help check with are you sure you actually blocked those hits because hits that damage external modules, eg. tracks, do not count as blocking. The shot actually has to hit your armour.

splash_time #3 Posted 08 September 2019 - 01:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13532 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post__Santana__, on 07 September 2019 - 05:17 PM, said:

Hi. I just tried the first mission for Obj 279 e and I don't think the missions work properly. For Union 4 I had to block an average of 8 hits per battle, for 5 battles(restriction block 2 enemy hits).  I think the restriction means that if I don't block at least 2 hits, just 1 hit won't be counted. Anyway in 5 battles I blocked: 1st battle-14, 2nd battle-11, 3rd battle-2, 4th battle-7(an enemy Is7 drowned me from full health, after a 60 tp tried before him. They couldn't pen St-1 with gold) and 5th battle-13.

It's a total of 47 hits blocked and I got mission completed after the last hit. But 5 multiplied by 8 is 40, so why the extra 7 hits?

As NUKLEAR_SLUG said, it must be armor block, not critical hits.

And if you are sure that the mission was done, send the replay where you finished the mission on a ticket to WGPS and see if they can help you.

Edited by splash_time, 08 September 2019 - 01:13 PM.

Schepel #4 Posted 08 September 2019 - 01:49 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 66456 battles

View Postsplash_time, on 08 September 2019 - 01:12 PM, said:

As NUKLEAR_SLUG said, it must be armor block, not critical hits.

And if you are sure that the mission was done, send the replay where you finished the mission on a ticket to WGPS and see if they can help you.

Trust me, they can't and/or won't.

FWIW, the mission is not broken. Completed it myself, like many others. However, keep in mind that HE 'blocks' do not count.

UrQuan #5 Posted 08 September 2019 - 02:39 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21702 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

As mentioned above, not all hits that don't do direct damage are counted as blocked. For such missions it is handy to look deeper into the damage blocked system. Various spaced armor parts tend to tank alot of damage without the armor itself stopping it (main ones tend to be tracks & gun shield + the actual spaced armor parts on various tanks) and hence don't contribute to the mission objective.

Also, HE/HESH shells never contribute to this, even if the armor blocks all damage. 

Only hits that count are those shots that hit your armor but fail to do damage. This can be achieved in 3 ways:

- Armor thickness: the armor is just too thick to go through

- Angling: the more angled a shell impact is on armor, the more armor it has to travel through, increasing the chance of a non-pen. 

- autobounce: the shell hits your armor in such way that it bounces off, penetration is not taken into account. Most reliable way of tanking shells. Do keep the triple overmatch mechanic in mind for AP & APCR shells -> gun caliber more then triple the armor? Almost always pen. This is followed to the letter; a 120mm gun can't triple overmatch 40mm armor but a 122mm gun can.

HEAT can get very silly in this context; a JPE-100 HEAT shell can bounce on the flimsiest armor, because HEAT has no overmatch system, so once autobounce is achieved (85 degrees, near flat on) no damage will be done.

Edited by UrQuan, 08 September 2019 - 02:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users