• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Ranger772 #1 Posted 07 September 2019 - 09:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 38872 battles
  • [H-O-T] H-O-T

POPULAR

Before the wheelies, before everyone got repair kits for little or nothing, before repair kits that repair themselves, before the game became populated with auto-loader upon autoloader, you could play well if you engaged in a few fundamentals. Now, it seems the game is fly around and shoot. That's fine for kids, I guess. So I guess that's the new demographic, WoT's new market. Some people say, just adapt. I didn't start WoT because it was a great single shooter game. I started it and enjoyed it because each class of tanks had characteristics that contributed to team play. That is what has changed. Now scouts don't scout. They run around and shoot. Arty doesn't support because now it doesn't survive that long. Passive scouting doesn't work because the maps have become static and the bushes well known and so we blind-fire them. There are tanks that are so difficult to hit that they are spotted early but still survive to the end of the game. If you hit them, you don't hurt them. If you hurt them, the repair kits kick in right away or they drive away on a flat tire, their speed slowed to that of a normal light tank. So the idea of team play is over. It's not really team play. It's just a bunch of people shooting at the same time. I used to spend gold to train my crews. Now I'll spend silver, as I did with my last crew. Once my premium account expires, I'm changing games. It's too bad. It used to be a great game and you didn't have to have lightning reflexes to enjoy it. So I hope WG collects lots of coin from the teenagers, 'cause you won't be getting it from me. Go ahead trolls, flame away.

Stevies_Team #2 Posted 07 September 2019 - 10:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13921 battles

I just do the bits I enjoy

Okay so the arty wrecks good gameplay and the wheelies wind everyone up

The RNG trolls you incessantly and the MatchMaking can be a farce

The maps can be atrocious and your team mates can be barking

But the game itself can be quite clever

I think if you take it seriously it can mess with your head, so best not to take it too seriously

(edit: and ignore the trolls)

Edited by If_I_Die_You_Die_Too, 07 September 2019 - 10:14 PM.

Bigtime_Alarm #3 Posted 07 September 2019 - 10:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21715 battles
Its not supposed to be fun, you are supposed to  drive the latest OP tank to the approved place and increase your WR and WN8 and humiliate noobs and tomatos and prove your unending superiority. How can you treat it like a game!!!

Balc0ra #4 Posted 07 September 2019 - 10:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 73532 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostRanger772, on 07 September 2019 - 09:29 PM, said:

Before the wheelies, before everyone got repair kits for little or nothing, before repair kits that repair themselves, before the game became populated with auto-loader upon autoloader, you could play well if you engaged in a few fundamentals. Now, it seems the game is fly around and shoot. That's fine for kids, I guess.

Well, if it's not your cup of tea anymore, no point doing a forced enjoyment. Then I'm sure the other tank games might have more to your liking. Tho they have wheels too etc. One of them has a bit better-paced battles if fighting speed is not your thing. 

Now scouts don't scout. They run around and shoot. Arty doesn't support because now it doesn't survive that long. Passive scouting doesn't work because the maps have become static and the bushes well known and so we blind-fire them.

As an LT player, passive spotting works just fine still. As that's 60% of my XP on some lights. But... on the UK grind I'm annoyed differently than you. As I've had so many rounds where I've had targets perma spotted on the open, hitting my team for 2-3 min, zero assists. Then there is no point staying there getting no XP. So I leave. To the annoyance of everyone that did ignore them first. Guess my point is... different class players see problems differently.

TungstenHitman #5 Posted 07 September 2019 - 11:06 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30657 battles
In short, an artillery player ranting about how wheeled vehicles are running things. Ironic in a way. Of course if I was asked to reflect on where its gone wrong, both of these over powered classes spring to mind. 

ziratulbihac #6 Posted 07 September 2019 - 11:10 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4263 battles

EBR's were sent from heaven to punish arty players.

Don't complain about how arty's die to fast, there are 3 of them in 80% of games. 

Edited by ziratulbihac, 07 September 2019 - 11:10 PM.

Lagalaza #7 Posted 07 September 2019 - 11:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10228 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW

I've said it before I know but my two pennies worth is that I believe people lose sight of the core element. Tanks shooting tanks is what it's all about. There are many and myriad "issues" within the game, all talked about endlessly on the forum and in discord. But that is to lose sight of why you (or I at least) play the game.

MM for me tonight is awful. I keep track of these things and I've had 74% bottom tier battles with over 40% as -2 tiers. That's real bad.

But to focus on that and the wheelies and the OP E25 tanks (little so-and-so that they are) and the three arties blowing you to bits is to focus on the wrong thing. Focus on that great game in the JagdPanther where, even as bottom tier, 2500 damage and three kills. Catching the T44-100 unawares in the Dicker Max and blowing him to bits in two shots. Finding a Cent 1 trying to sneak up behind our hull-down T-29, no chance mate, not when my Skorp has you in his sights. Taking out a Leopard 1 tier X tank by getting the last of his health with three hits from your Kanon 105. Getting nearly 3000 spotting and over 2000 damage one battle in the Kanon 105.

Those are the moments that make me play the game and those are the reasons I will carry on.

Edit: I'm having a TD day by the way!!

Edited by Lagalaza, 07 September 2019 - 11:13 PM.

Mad_Ram #8 Posted 07 September 2019 - 11:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25980 battles

Once my premium account expires, I'm changing games. It's too bad.

Or...you can play premium tanks, preferably some autoloaders aka Progetto 46, Lorr...ignore teamplay, since these doesn't exists anymore, ignore WR and play for credit in hope something would change. Acording to https://en.wot-life.com/eu/serverstats/ looks like majority of people doing the same.

I can't be bothered anymore to be on loosing side with highest damage while WR dropping http://wotreplays.eu...ram-object_268 

So, premium (when you feel like to play) and even if you lose, you get nice amount of credits.

Edited by Mad_Ram, 08 September 2019 - 06:32 PM.

Stevies_Team #9 Posted 08 September 2019 - 12:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13921 battles

View PostMad_Ram, on 07 September 2019 - 11:56 PM, said:

So, premium (when you feel like to play) and even if you lose, you get nice amount of credits.

Easy peasy

Then spam gold about in Frontline

Mad_Ram #10 Posted 08 September 2019 - 12:55 AM

Private

• Player
  • 25980 battles

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 08 September 2019 - 12:44 AM, said:

Then spam gold about in Frontline

Nah, never spam gold, save credits. Unload, hide n reload, unload again, rinse and repeat as much as you can. Don't spot, don't get spotted, be selfish. Let others rush forward and spot for you, forget about team play, it doesn't exists. Finally, i'm doing good, earned prety much credits,

But let's not steal thread, that was my most friendly advice until something changes.

Edited by Mad_Ram, 08 September 2019 - 01:42 AM.

Stevies_Team #11 Posted 08 September 2019 - 01:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13921 battles

It's not really a pay-to-win game

more a pay-to-not-be-driven-mad-by-the-Troll-RNG game

Oldewolfe #12 Posted 08 September 2019 - 02:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 527 battles

The Game is certainly not without it's Frustrations...     I don't care What Server you're on, it's all the Same Issues just the Languages Involved are Changed.....       And I have Accounts on both the NA and the EU, so I get to see it all Play Out.....

I'm more Disappointed in the Players we have now than the Game itself....     I never Minded having 5 Artillery to a Side, it gave me a Goal to get ro the Back and Kill as  Many as I could, and I don't Mind the EBR's either....

I play Artillery and I play the EBR's, and I like Killing them Equally as much as driving them....       They're not a Difficult thing to Handle, it's all just a Matter of Timing....

zsplintersz #13 Posted 08 September 2019 - 05:14 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2026 battles

Before the wheelies, before everyone got repair kits for little or nothing, before repair kits that repair themselves, before the game became populated with auto-loader upon autoloader, you could play well if you engaged in a few fundamentals. Now, it seems the game is fly around and shoot. That's fine for kids, I guess. So I guess that's the new demographic, WoT's new market. Some people say, just adapt. I didn't start WoT because it was a great single shooter game. I started it and enjoyed it because each class of tanks had characteristics that contributed to team play. That is what has changed. Now scouts don't scout. They run around and shoot. Arty doesn't support because now it doesn't survive that long. Passive scouting doesn't work because the maps have become static and the bushes well known and so we blind-fire them. There are tanks that are so difficult to hit that they are spotted early but still survive to the end of the game. If you hit them, you don't hurt them. If you hurt them, the repair kits kick in right away or they drive away on a flat tire, their speed slowed to that of a normal light tank. So the idea of team play is over. It's not really team play. It's just a bunch of people shooting at the same time. I used to spend gold to train my crews. Now I'll spend silver, as I did with my last crew. Once my premium account expires, I'm changing games. It's too bad. It used to be a great game and you didn't have to have lightning reflexes to enjoy it. So I hope WG collects lots of coin from the teenagers, 'cause you won't be getting it from me. Go ahead trolls, flame away.

Right on the nose. This game became for little children. I rather play faster shooters.

As a tactical game it has gone stupid. Certainly with the unlimited Russian RNG these days. 

I used to play this game a lot for many years. I stopped paying and nearly never play this game anymore. WG has tro try to get some pocket money from children these days. Pathetic... 

TheJumpMaster #14 Posted 08 September 2019 - 07:05 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 50373 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
The bottom line is, it is a game. Games are meant to be fun and distract us from the drudgery of our daily toils - unless you are a stats whore.

Etre_ #15 Posted 08 September 2019 - 07:54 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 60927 battles
  • [GTD] GTD

View PostTheJumpMaster, on 08 September 2019 - 07:05 AM, said:

The bottom line is, it is a game. Games are meant to be fun and distract us from the drudgery of our daily toils - unless you are a stats whore.

You are wrong. Is not just the fun part. Most of the people staying in clans are doing it because they want to feel like belonging somewhere and achieve something among themselves. Others choose to do the same thing solo. Achieving something when in real life, is like you said, crawl through the mud that is the mundane jobs most of us have. 

As such, making things too easy, too casual, is only diluting the feeling. 

Look at the debate between WoW BFG and WoW classic. Is same thing. 

Inappropriate_noob #16 Posted 08 September 2019 - 08:35 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17379 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 07 September 2019 - 10:12 PM, said:

I just do the bits I enjoy

Okay so the arty wrecks good gameplay and the wheelies wind everyone up

The RNG trolls you incessantly and the MatchMaking can be a farce

The maps can be atrocious and your team mates can be barking

But the game itself can be quite clever

I think if you take it seriously it can mess with your head, so best not to take it too seriously

(edit: and ignore the trolls)

Very good advice, very good indeed., To the OP,pretty much everything you said is correct

07:40 Added after 5 minute

View Postziratulbihac, on 07 September 2019 - 11:10 PM, said:

EBR's were sent from heaven to punish arty players.

Don't complain about how arty's die to fast, there are 3 of them in 80% of games. 

Yet most who drive them have never got anywhere near arty before they have been blapped out of existence, 

07:43 Added after 8 minute

View PostBigtime_Alarm, on 07 September 2019 - 10:34 PM, said:

Its not supposed to be fun, you are supposed to  drive the latest OP tank to the approved place and increase your WR and WN8 and humiliate noobs and tomatos and prove your unending superiority. How can you treat it like a game!!!

Best joke of the day, thank you sir:D

And that is the key point, all the approved places are known to everyone, bushes for TD's arty and LT's everyone knows where they are ,so tactics and sneaky ideas, go right out the window.

4 tankers and a dog does a great series on where to place your LT on various maps (I should watch them again) we need more like him o where and how to play your heavies and mediums.

Edited by NoobySkooby, 08 September 2019 - 08:47 AM.

PowJay #17 Posted 08 September 2019 - 08:57 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 40159 battles

I agree with much- if not all that the OP has to say about how the game has changed but, looking at the good points, I continue to play for the reasons that Lagalaza has said (and which we've both covered elsewhere).

That game where you're top on damage despite being bottom tier (in a win)

That game where you definitely carried an otherwise lost battle- with, or sometimes without, an ally and you can both justifiably say GG.

That completed mission, the Kolobanov or Radley Walters, etc. For some of us they might not be common enough to be bored by it all just yet.

I can understand if unicums reach a point where the frustrations get so great that the constant string of High Calibers and Top Guns isn't enough, but that one battle (or the hope of that one battle) keeps me coming back. 

AXIS_OF_RESISTANCE #18 Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:22 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3759 battles
  • [WOTI-] WOTI-

you didn't have to have lightning reflexes to enjoy it. 

The problem isn't just reflexes there some inherent lag between client reticle and server reticle so when you aim at something going over 70 it becomes just pure RNG plus if your aiming and client reticle seems fully aimed while server reticle is still aiming you miss a shot because of that too.

Awfultanker ServerMarker

Awfultanker ServerMarker is a modification for World Of Tanks enabling the player to display both client and server gun markers simultaneously. This is different from the standard client were the client gun marker will disappear if the server gun marker is selected in the options.

https://awfultanker....rvermarker.html

Frostilicus #19 Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:24 AM

Colonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 23596 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

Its only a game, you don't owe them anything so don't make yourself miserable, maybe take a break and come back in a few months if you feel the urge :)

Hope you find something you enjoy in your spare time

TankkiPoju #20 Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:41 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23746 battles

Before the wheelies, before everyone got repair kits for little or nothing, before repair kits that repair themselves, before the game became populated with auto-loader upon autoloader, you could play well if you engaged in a few fundamentals.

OP has almost 1.9k games in FV304. He really likes clicking. So basically he seems to complain he can't perma track and seal club anymore in his favorite arty, because everyone has repair skills.

Edited by TankkiPoju, 08 September 2019 - 09:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users