• Player
  • 42196 battles
  • [-BOMB] -BOMB

splash_time #22 Posted 08 September 2019 - 10:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13192 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I joined WoT in 2018, as long as I remember, the game was good too.

There wasn't OP tanks, no WVs, no Obj 277, no 279e, no OP progetto 46 and etc...

I'm not going to say what should WG do now, it won't work anyway, it's their game and they'll choose and do what *they* like, no matter we liked it, or not.

As WG is currently working on sandbox test now, for ammo rebalancing, they forgot something, if they make gold damage less, or increase standard shells damage or whatever, how we are going to destroy 279 e? How we are going to go through tough TDs? (I know some may say just avoid or track, flank and etc, but remember, this is WoT, not all maps are on your side, not all teams are good, and not all enemies are dumb.)

I mean, they put well and extra armored tanks, and they expect us to do miracles?

And MM, it really have a problem? For example, IS 7 and some other soviet tanks in one team, against Maus and E 100 and IS 4 on malinvoka, it's absolutely obvious that who will win the heavies hill? (Remember it's only example).

Now maps? Some maps are really one sided, how? Check ruinberg, heavies side, on the church side, they have Stones and small bumps to cover, while over side no? TDs or any other turreted tank can stop HTs from progressing.

MTs side, there's a spot where meds can go inside a building? While other side doesn't? 

And etc i can't mention all maps.

I hope you got my point.

Edited by splash_time, 08 September 2019 - 10:30 AM.

Ranger772 #23 Posted 08 September 2019 - 04:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 38872 battles
  • [H-O-T] H-O-T

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 07 September 2019 - 10:12 PM, said:

I just do the bits I enjoy

Okay so the arty wrecks good gameplay and the wheelies wind everyone up

The RNG trolls you incessantly and the MatchMaking can be a farce

The maps can be atrocious and your team mates can be barking

But the game itself can be quite clever

I think if you take it seriously it can mess with your head, so best not to take it too seriously

(edit: and ignore the trolls)

You have 10,000 battles, which tells me you do not know how clever the game was.

15:26 Added after 6 minute

View PostLagalaza, on 07 September 2019 - 11:11 PM, said:

I've said it before I know but my two pennies worth is that I believe people lose sight of the core element. Tanks shooting tanks is what it's all about. There are many and myriad "issues" within the game, all talked about endlessly on the forum and in discord. But that is to lose sight of why you (or I at least) play the game.

MM for me tonight is awful. I keep track of these things and I've had 74% bottom tier battles with over 40% as -2 tiers. That's real bad.

But to focus on that and the wheelies and the OP E25 tanks (little so-and-so that they are) and the three arties blowing you to bits is to focus on the wrong thing. Focus on that great game in the JagdPanther where, even as bottom tier, 2500 damage and three kills. Catching the T44-100 unawares in the Dicker Max and blowing him to bits in two shots. Finding a Cent 1 trying to sneak up behind our hull-down T-29, no chance mate, not when my Skorp has you in his sights. Taking out a Leopard 1 tier X tank by getting the last of his health with three hits from your Kanon 105. Getting nearly 3000 spotting and over 2000 damage one battle in the Kanon 105.

Those are the moments that make me play the game and those are the reasons I will carry on.

Edit: I'm having a TD day by the way!!

Yeah. A takeaway from your post is that playing TDs is fun. Playing them remains fun for me. I have a SU85B with the same crew that I had when I got it, years ago. It is fun. But, BUT, my point is that playing lights used to be more fun. Playing arty (I'm an old fart, so being a clicker is better for me) used to be more fun. I'm moving into meds more now. But, the game has lost its charm, which was the ability to be a team player and enjoy a team effort. It has become a FPS game. That's fine for some. Not for me.

15:28 Added after 8 minute

View PostMad_Ram, on 08 September 2019 - 12:55 AM, said:

Nah, never spam gold, save credits. Unload, hide n reload, unload again, rinse and repeat as much as you can. Don't spot, don't get spotted, be selfish. Let others rush forward and spot for you, forget about team play, it doesn't exists. Finally, i'm doing good, earned prety much credits,

But let's not steal thread, that was my most friendly advice until something changes.

Or you can buy an OI. (I refuse to play the Japanese heavy line.) Shoot, move, bounce shots, shoot, move, bounce shots.

15:37 Added after 17 minute

View PostEtre_, on 08 September 2019 - 07:54 AM, said:

You are wrong. Is not just the fun part. Most of the people staying in clans are doing it because they want to feel like belonging somewhere and achieve something among themselves. Others choose to do the same thing solo. Achieving something when in real life, is like you said, crawl through the mud that is the mundane jobs most of us have. 

As such, making things too easy, too casual, is only diluting the feeling. 

Look at the debate between WoW BFG and WoW classic. Is same thing. 

True. Not a remedy for me. My clan plays at 0100 my time.

Ranger772 #24 Posted 08 September 2019 - 04:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 38872 battles
  • [H-O-T] H-O-T

View PostTankkiPoju, on 08 September 2019 - 09:41 AM, said:

OP has almost 1.9k games in FV304. He really likes clicking. So basically he seems to complain he can't perma track and seal club anymore in his favorite arty, because everyone has repair skills.

Used to play the 304 a lot. Not so much anymore, even though I still perma track.

Ranger772 #25 Posted 08 September 2019 - 05:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 38872 battles
  • [H-O-T] H-O-T

View Postsplash_time, on 08 September 2019 - 10:25 AM, said:

I joined WoT in 2018, as long as I remember, the game was good too.

There wasn't OP tanks, no WVs, no Obj 277, no 279e, no OP progetto 46 and etc...

I'm not going to say what should WG do now, it won't work anyway, it's their game and they'll choose and do what *they* like, no matter we liked it, or not.

As WG is currently working on sandbox test now, for ammo rebalancing, they forgot something, if they make gold damage less, or increase standard shells damage or whatever, how we are going to destroy 279 e? How we are going to go through tough TDs? (I know some may say just avoid or track, flank and etc, but remember, this is WoT, not all maps are on your side, not all teams are good, and not all enemies are dumb.)

I mean, they put well and extra armored tanks, and they expect us to do miracles?

And MM, it really have a problem? For example, IS 7 and some other soviet tanks in one team, against Maus and E 100 and IS 4 on malinvoka, it's absolutely obvious that who will win the heavies hill? (Remember it's only example).

Now maps? Some maps are really one sided, how? Check ruinberg, heavies side, on the church side, they have Stones and small bumps to cover, while over side no? TDs or any other turreted tank can stop HTs from progressing.

MTs side, there's a spot where meds can go inside a building? While other side doesn't? 

And etc i can't mention all maps.

I hope you got my point.

I have never, ever complained about MM. In my view a bad MM was an opportunity to do more damage (or assisted damage). But that meta has changed. I started WoT in, I think 2012 or 2013. I was then amazed by the graphics. I was amazed by the players' attitudes, offering to help or to teach (although there were always trolls). I was amazed by the thinking about how to play a particular class of tanks or a particular tank within the class so as to emphasize its strength. That has changed a lot. I'm an old guy, so the fur ball fights among LTs don't work for me but the spotting did. Sniping worked for me but now you can't hit wheelies and if you do its a critical hit with no damage. I hit a wheelie recently with a round from my Borsig. "Critical hit" no damage. Arty still works for me but the wheelies encourage yolo. As one of the posters above said, the wheelies now yolo with impunity, where a light would be destroyed quickly.

No, it's not going to change. I have 100+ days of premium left. I'll play those out and that's it for WoT. Too bad. I liked guys like Taugrim and Quickybaby and Tazilon and J1mb0. I had a great clan on the NA server. We once played a clan match with all FV304s (save one scout) for fun. Those days are gone with WG's new approach. Too bad.

jabster #26 Posted 08 September 2019 - 05:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12754 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostRanger772, on 08 September 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

I have never, ever complained about MM. In my view a bad MM was an opportunity to do more damage (or assisted damage). But that meta has changed. I started WoT in, I think 2012 or 2013. I was then amazed by the graphics. I was amazed by the players' attitudes, offering to help or to teach (although there were always trolls). I was amazed by the thinking about how to play a particular class of tanks or a particular tank within the class so as to emphasize its strength. That has changed a lot. I'm an old guy, so the fur ball fights among LTs don't work for me but the spotting did. Sniping worked for me but now you can't hit wheelies and if you do its a critical hit with no damage. I hit a wheelie recently with a round from my Borsig. "Critical hit" no damage. Arty still works for me but the wheelies encourage yolo. As one of the posters above said, the wheelies now yolo with impunity, where a light would be destroyed quickly.

No, it's not going to change. I have 100+ days of premium left. I'll play those out and that's it for WoT. Too bad. I liked guys like Taugrim and Quickybaby and Tazilon and J1mb0. I had a great clan on the NA server. We once played a clan match with all FV304s (save one scout) for fun. Those days are gone with WG's new approach. Too bad.

If you’re not enjoying the game then why not stop playing it now. It’s not as though you can get those premium days back is it well unless you request to delete your account.

Negativvv #27 Posted 08 September 2019 - 05:39 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 13627 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

There is some responsible gambling slogan in the UK, "When the fun stops, stop"...

I stopped playing WoWS as the changes with CVs and their general design direction was failing hard and now Subs are coming.

Tanks is cool for now but I dunno if I'll be playing it in a few years time...

w00pzy #28 Posted 08 September 2019 - 05:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8356 battles

Do as a lot of people do nowadays.. they leave the game and uninstall it :D 

The game is pure crap.. and it's headed to the garbage bin. Just leave the game to the hardcore wimps that love this game and will defend it for whatever cost.. even proving they are blind to its faults :D

Hodor_warrior #29 Posted 08 September 2019 - 05:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7522 battles

What baffles me is that WG doesn't ask players what they like or do not like. Lots of companies do, because it helps them improve their product.

If there are less players, or players spend less time gaming, why not find out the reasons for doing so? 

No need for a lengthy questionnaire. Just ask: Would you find it an improvement if we remove WV / Arty from the game. 

w00pzy #30 Posted 08 September 2019 - 06:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8356 battles

View PostHodor_warrior, on 08 September 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

What baffles me is that WG doesn't ask players what they like or do not like. Lots of companies do, because it helps them improve their product.

If there are less players, or players spend less time gaming, why not find out the reasons for doing so? 

No need for a lengthy questionnaire. Just ask: Would you find it an improvement if we remove WV / Arty from the game. 

WG has never done it.. and they never will :facepalm: I'm just gonna sit down an enjoy life.. while watching this game die out into nothing :D

Slyspy #31 Posted 08 September 2019 - 07:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14703 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHodor_warrior, on 08 September 2019 - 05:57 PM, said:

Why ask a question about something which they are never going to do? 

Xandania #32 Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43530 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

View PostSlyspy, on 08 September 2019 - 06:35 PM, said:

Why ask a question about something which they are never going to do? 

me thinks even if they did it, the result would be something completely different from the forumite positions.....

HassenderZerhacker #33 Posted 08 September 2019 - 11:04 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31464 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View Postjabster, on 08 September 2019 - 05:24 PM, said:

If you’re not enjoying the game then why not stop playing it now. It’s not as though you can get those premium days back is it well unless you request to delete your account.

There is something you are not getting.

OP doesn't ask about getting his premium days back.

He also already figured out he could stop to play right now if he wanted.

No, he is not asking for any advice on how to handle his situation.

He just wants to express his frustation with the evolution of the game and explain why he doesn't like it anymore.

I share OP's feelings, I dislike WoT turning into an FPS game for kids with colorful explosions everywhere and tanks jumping, flying, getting hit by 170mm guns for no damage, etc.

I am sad because I achieved some things in this game, but it looks like all my earned premiums and crews (still got 10 more girls to recruit) will be going to waste.

I am slightly depressed because I will miss the old WoT, and because so far I haven't found another game to replace WoT with.

Lagalaza #34 Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10228 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW

View PostNoHit_Tanker, on 08 September 2019 - 04:47 PM, said:

Do as a lot of people do nowadays.. they leave the game and uninstall it :D 

The game is pure crap.. and it's headed to the garbage bin. Just leave the game to the hardcore wimps that love this game and will defend it for whatever cost.. even proving they are blind to its faults :D

46000 "wimps" yesterday evening at 11pm on one EU server.... 9000 wimps still on the same server at midnight and 6000 at 1,30am when I went to bed.... that's a lot of people for a "dying" game that everyone is leaving.

Numbers may be down, I don't know, but there are still a huge number of regular players every day. Well over 70000 in the EU region at any given moment every day. If most players play for three hours between 8am and midnight and most play every day, thats 350,000 players each week..... just in the EU... game is dying??? I think it's ok for now.  :)

EDIT 1

Just checked the proper stats...

Worldwide, there are currently 3,352,675 people playing this game regularly each week. It peaked in early 2015 with 6,273,638 people playing each week. However those are the extremes as the game always has a lot less players in the summer months, Comparing July 2015 to July 2019 sees a drop from 5,319,000 to 3,295,000.

Those numbers show a significant decline but the game still has solid numbers. With a daily average at any given moment of 20,000 players playing in the EU, the game is still in the top 20 on PC and would even be in the top 20 on Steam if that applied.

It's in decline but will still be around for a few years yet.

Edited by Lagalaza, 09 September 2019 - 09:56 AM.

Jauhesammutin #35 Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23668 battles
  • [FAUF] FAUF

View PostHodor_warrior, on 08 September 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

Because for every person who wants to remove WV/Arty there is going to be a person who doesn't want that. 

WG listens to their audience. It's not the EU server, it's the RU.

Lagalaza #36 Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10228 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW

View PostJauhesammutin, on 09 September 2019 - 08:45 AM, said:

Because for every person who wants to remove WV/Arty there is going to be a person who doesn't want that. 

WG listens to their audience. It's not the EU server, it's the RU.

Absolutely correct. 70% of the player base is on the RU server. Of course that is who they listen to.

Tikky_tank #37 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 48886 battles

View Postziratulbihac, on 07 September 2019 - 11:10 PM, said:

EBR's were sent from heaven to punish arty players.

Don't complain about how arty's die to fast, there are 3 of them in 80% of games. 

that statistic is valid only for tier X and also is linked with the city maps ;)

I can only imagine how all arty haters giggle when they see 3 T92 on Himmelsdorf map !

lnfernaI #38 Posted 09 September 2019 - 01:08 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34500 battles

*edited*

Edited by Daxeno, 09 September 2019 - 05:08 PM.
Inappropriate remarks.

Ferditude #39 Posted 09 September 2019 - 05:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2754 battles
Shills are great +wg don't exceed the corruption limit of a whole star system at all

Edited by Ferditude, 17 October 2019 - 06:11 AM.
Non constructive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users