Cannot do decent in T28

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Arissos #1 Posted 07 September 2019 - 09:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 40353 battles
  • [HACKR] HACKR

Hi. So basically I cannot play this T28 at all. I win like 34% or so in it and do not do well. The better gun I have now does not help much either. So it is elited in these recent games. The replays are not the best ones, but I did not want to put the older ones before I figure out how to watch them. Karelia is older, I cannot remember how it went so comments on that (if any) need to be told in such manner. One replay is even played in full tilt as I decide to end it. So any tips would be appreciated in how to play this tank. Armor, first position etc. Yes, I know google and so on but in any case I decided to ask here, since I pretty much suck in all slower tanks as well. Not that i am that special in most other ones either but you get the point. 

I know I have a lot of matches, but I have never studied this game. I simply get overwhelmed with the number of tanks and other stuff and do not feel I want to make this work. Of course with this many battles I know most stuff quite well. But I am also mainly a "minimap-player". It helps me win sometimes but often I end up in weird positions and since I do not do that well in 1 vs 1 head on I tend to have bad games in T28 and other similar kind of tanks.

Would really help me out if there are some simple tips how should I play this tank or in general these tanks that cannot really move or re-locate easily. The game has been not much fun lately and I have a lot of crappy tanks to grind (or lets say tanks not suited for me that well) so would be nice to win a bit for a change even in these tanks that I don´t enjoy much. Maybe I learn to like them if I can do something more in them. Also due to kids my gaming time is really limited, so when I have the time to play it would be fun to make most of it in terms of xp.

So here are the last replays. I could not watch the Karelia-one, since patches i guess. So if anyone know if there is some easy way to watch old replays be free to tell. Have not googled yet or anything so I might do it myself later but just to be lazy. Propably not the best ones, but I can add some older ones if they are watchable somehow.

http://wotreplays.eu...lia-arissos-t28

http://wotreplays.eu...ion-arissos-t28

http://wotreplays.eu...sen-arissos-t28

http://wotreplays.eu...nki-arissos-t28

XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 07 September 2019 - 11:06 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

I watched the 3 working replays and i get a strong feeling that you don't like this tank/class and you just want to get the grind over with. Which is absolutely fine but why would you start this line in the first place? The tier 9 and 10 offer a very similar game play but with bigger guns and better armor. You're a Cromwell/Comet/fast medium player, this world of moving bunkers is very different.

The first replay, Studzianki, shows exactly that. You went in to support a weak flank which is fine but you misjudged the enemy's HP and tanks vs. yours. Who goes against a T95 in a tier 8 tank? The point is not only that there is a big flat tank with a ton of armor and a monstrous gun still alive. It's that you went into a place where a crossfire could and did happen and you won't be able to get out of dodge like in a fast medium.

The second replay, Pilsen, is alright. It was a roflstomp for the enemy team but when you're inside the hangar bullying the T34. Why didn't you go forward to put a wall between you and the potential TDs in the back? Also why did you keep driving forward on their balcony? They were all dead! :)

The third game on arctic region is the game you played tilted. Why did you keep blind firing that push when their light already was killed by your FV?

The T28 is a lovely tank, not as lovely as the T95 but it deserve better than that IF you really want to play these things. In general...

• Play it like a heavy but keep some distance to help protect your cupolas. Your armor works better this way.
  • Don't go against higher tier opponents. They'll blast through that thick armor with ease.
  • Look for linear engagements where you can protect your side armor.
  • Don't reinforce failure. One more dead tank won't help anyone.
  • You got good camo, use it against higher tier tanks.
  • Don't play on tilt or play after 3 losses.

Older replays need an older client to run, discard those and post new ones.

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 08 September 2019 - 12:51 AM.

Arissos #3 Posted 08 September 2019 - 06:22 AM

Private

• Player
  • 40353 battles
  • [HACKR] HACKR

Yeah. I guess these kind of tanks have so much different playstyle that it takes some adjusting. Like you said I tend to play it like a medium and ignore the limitations. To be fair I often play my other TDs that way too. But they have been more suited for that.

And since I really don't like these slow ones I propably should not play them unless feeling more motivated. Also might be better to platoon in it with a friend who likes these tanks.

Putting the tank on hold likely for now. Can't remember why I am grinding this. Propably some missions or something. I seem to miss most heavy and armor ones.

Thanks for the feedback. Was useful. Sometimes you just cannot see the obvious yourself. 

NoobySkooby #4 Posted 08 September 2019 - 08:56 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17032 battles
  • [D3NK] D3NK

Oddly enough, I hated this tank and the turreted one of the same tier, leading to the T30, selling both once I had got the higher tiers,recently bought them back and for some reason, I am enjoying them, always wondered what the TS 5 is rally like compared to the T 28, I know I see a lot of them in the game, I don't know what to suggest, take a break, play something else for a while.

This strategy of mine rarely works btw, I have sold and re bought tanks more times than Arthur Daley on speed, certainly not worked for the Brit heavies thats for sure.

Sultz33 #5 Posted 08 September 2019 - 11:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 27115 battles
  • [WDRGN] WDRGN

View PostNoobySkooby, on 08 September 2019 - 08:56 AM, said:

always wondered what the TS 5 is rally like compared to the T 28,

For the most part it is exactly the same. The TS-5 is slightly faster which helps on such a slow tank but seems to have worse camo.

Dramya #6 Posted 08 September 2019 - 12:57 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15371 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_

View PostSultz33, on 08 September 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

For the most part it is exactly the same. The TS-5 is slightly faster which helps on such a slow tank but seems to have worse camo.

Not exactly, they have quite different characteristics actually, but they are more in the details. Both have good armor though.

Shells: AP is same, T28 has APCR as premium shells, TS-5 has HEAT. Both have similar velocity and pen, but HEAT is just better against angled armor.

Gun: TS-5 has way better DPM and gun handling, but T28 has better accuracy.

Armor: For the most part similar, but the lower plate of the TS-5 is a lot easier te hit. Also, the T28 has better angled armor.

For me the TS-5 works way better, but I play both tanks similarly (as in close combat) so the accuracy is less of an issue. Lower plate is a thing though, but once that is hidden it is a DPM beast.

As for the original topic, play the T28 as a Heavy, but be careful not to go alone and not to get flanked. If you can keep your front to your enemy you're good, once they flank you you're as good as done. If it happens though, try to park your back against a wall so they cannot run circles around you. Your traverse is your weakest characteristic.

lnfernaI #7 Posted 08 September 2019 - 01:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33998 battles

Never liked these ultra-slow tanks. The slower the tank, the less it impacts the game. Jagdpanzer E 100 might be an exception, but only because it outtrades literally anything consistently.

Play them like HTs with higher DPM, but keep the distance and wiggle between shots to lower the chance of shots in your lower plate and cupolas. Highly recommended to be supported by someone. Fast tanks can and will easily flank you. All it takes is forcing you to waste your repair kit and then tracking you again, and you will be permatracked.

Arissos #8 Posted 16 September 2019 - 08:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 40353 battles
  • [HACKR] HACKR

God I must be stupid or something to play this still. Got some kind of obsession to still try, I seem to be those who cannot accept failure easily. And it might be useful to get better in these tanks too or understand them a bit better.

Anyway, loaded my games to wotreplays, no need to check them all of course but if somebody has too much time and has some input why games don´t really work out for me most of the time be free to tell. Like same mistakes I keep doing or specially the failures in first positions or re-locating. The overall stats of the games might give an idea if any point to watch. Defeats are more important of course, since in a way I did enough if we won (but ofc feel free to criticize them too) :) Wins are (from top) Abbey, Murovanka, Live oaks, Ghost town, Overlord. Rest are losses.

There is at least Fjords replay where I know I f* up in helping T49 with Skorp so no need to tell about that specific situation, well aware and nothing to justify that tunnel vision. And of course I know some others but doesn't hurt to read them again.

I feel I do a bit better, but I still cannot win a lot and some games I just play bad. Easy to get tilted in this thing and play bad. Have to google how people win in this in general. Must be higher than my 37% or so. Anyway, grind is almost over so I can sell this soon and stop this line for now. Guess there is no point to keep this since not my cup of tea really and if I start to like these later might as well try T95. But since no hurry to get credits I check the stats etc before decisions.

I hide these links in spoiler so a bit shorter text. Highest link is the latest game. Bottom one is the oldest.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users