Dear Wargaming Staff, what is the point of playing heavy and mediums in wot?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

CASSOLEA #1 Posted 08 September 2019 - 08:47 AM

Private

• Player
  • 421 battles

Hello there, im new here tbh. After completing my long (arguable) journey and stopping playing, i wanted to ask about the proposed gameplay.Considering myself a good player, in every game that i play, and in wot of course, i even started watching tutorials on youtube and good players on twiitch (dakillzor, yzne) before starting to play. My performance is tbh confusing. They say under 4k dpg for tier 10 medium tanks and heavy tanks is not even noticeable, and im far from this.

I played medium tanks and after heavy tanks, mostly polish tanks, and my gameplay experience was not good. While watching streams or videos, i was not able to get it, but playing myself was a really striking experience. Hell yeah, behind every single corner there are at least a few super-powered tank destroyer are waiting for my peek, and there is a thing named artillery, watching all my steps and whips me even when im ducttaped to a high building.

Well, what the heck is this? Seriously. What is the point of playing a tank that meant to invade enemy terrority, while it is not able to do this.

And of course, i checked an artillery player (dr.nix) to see what they can do in this game, and some thing suprised me. They have a real-time satellite video of the battlefield. Personally, i'm not against to anything in the game, but live satellite cam, in ww2 era, seriously guys? Is this the game that you advertised and promoted everywhere?

Inappropriate_noob #2 Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:03 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17519 battles

Dear players, the WG staff are currently unavailable, and could not give a stuff about what you want anyway, don't liker go play something.

Good day

WG Staff

I am not WG staff btw, lol

CASSOLEA #3 Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 421 battles

View PostNoobySkooby, on 08 September 2019 - 09:03 AM, said:

don't liker go play something.

Hello sir, what i don't like is not the complete game. I like the idea, good mechanics, and environment is good, too. But why to torture myself if i'm not a masochist myself? I know key positions on maps, i always go that positions and fight enemy, but while i'm fighting the people around me, at least three artillery pieces and a number of "tank destroyers" are destroying me. This is exatly what i didn't like and what is the solution for this except leaving game?

jack_timber #4 Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:18 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41363 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

There is an old saying.... If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Lagalaza #5 Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10927 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW

Learn the TD spots and look to take them out. As a regular TD player my enemy is fast and quick firing. I love facing heavies or tanks with poor view range. I hate facing mediums that can move, lights and wheelies. They should be countering your TDs while you focus on grinding it out and brawling. Look to flank them in a fast medium. Stay in towns and built up areas out of their way in a heavy. Arty is arty, part of the game and you just have to suck it up.

For countering TDs also watch your view and gun ranges on the mini map and keep yourself out of range of their hideouts as much as you can. It's also worth blindfiring bushes where you know they like to hide. Most don't have much armour and they will soon run. An HE shell up the nose soon puts me off when i've got the stove out in a bush somewhere setting up the campfire and waiting for you guys....:bush:

It's a great game, don't give up.  :)

Edited by Lagalaza, 08 September 2019 - 09:26 AM.

Mr_Burrows #6 Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:54 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 49689 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

I looked at your stats. You got an WN8 of Unicum, and an overall WR of close to 60%. At less than 350 games. What more do you ask for, really?  

MarcoStrapone #7 Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 42487 battles
  • [-BOMB] -BOMB

View PostNoobySkooby, on 08 September 2019 - 08:03 AM, said:

Dear players, the WG staff are currently unavailable, and could not give a stuff about what you want anyway, don't liker go play something.

Good day

WG Staff

I am not WG staff btw, lol

they are counting the yesterday income.

Long_Range_Sniper #8 Posted 08 September 2019 - 10:00 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38077 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostCASSOLEA, on 08 September 2019 - 07:47 AM, said:

Hello there, im new here tbh. 

Image result for wagging finger gif 

kubawt112 #9 Posted 08 September 2019 - 11:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

In theory, the 'proposed gameplay' fits the 'rock-paper-scissors' system. In practice, well, 'rocks' in WoT are pretty sharp. Good luck playing paper.

Now I also have an excuse to post this piece of MS Paint kacke, whilst remaining slightly on-topic:

Edited by kubawt112, 08 September 2019 - 11:06 AM.

Cobra6 #10 Posted 08 September 2019 - 11:15 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16531 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

You are not new here, a resetted account.

Cobra 6

Slyspy #11 Posted 08 September 2019 - 11:31 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14711 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I don't know, what is the point of playing the two classes which have the most direct influence over the pace of each game?

MeetriX #12 Posted 08 September 2019 - 12:09 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24508 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View Postjack_timber, on 08 September 2019 - 09:18 AM, said:

There is an old saying.... If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

If you can't beat them, you get your arse kicked.

JocMeister #13 Posted 08 September 2019 - 12:21 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28087 battles

View PostCASSOLEA, on 08 September 2019 - 08:47 AM, said:

Hello there, im new here tbh. After completing my long (arguable) journey and stopping playing, i wanted to ask about the proposed gameplay.Considering myself a good player, in every game that i play, and in wot of course, i even started watching tutorials on youtube and good players on twiitch (dakillzor, yzne) before starting to play. My performance is tbh confusing. They say under 4k dpg for tier 10 medium tanks and heavy tanks is not even noticeable, and im far from this.

I played medium tanks and after heavy tanks, mostly polish tanks, and my gameplay experience was not good. While watching streams or videos, i was not able to get it, but playing myself was a really striking experience. Hell yeah, behind every single corner there are at least a few super-powered tank destroyer are waiting for my peek, and there is a thing named artillery, watching all my steps and whips me even when im ducttaped to a high building.

Well, what the heck is this? Seriously. What is the point of playing a tank that meant to invade enemy terrority, while it is not able to do this.

And of course, i checked an artillery player (dr.nix) to see what they can do in this game, and some thing suprised me. They have a real-time satellite video of the battlefield. Personally, i'm not against to anything in the game, but live satellite cam, in ww2 era, seriously guys? Is this the game that you advertised and promoted everywhere?

I don´t understand? Do you want to buff MTs and HTs because you can´t do 4k DPG in them?

You do realize that the average DPG for most players in TX MT/HTs is probably around 1500-1700 DPG right? There are very, very few player that can do 4k DPG in a TX tank.

baratoz1701 #14 Posted 08 September 2019 - 12:30 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25251 battles
  • [FA1LZ] FA1LZ
World of Rerolls

Negativvv #15 Posted 08 September 2019 - 12:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 14146 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE
Why are most of the whine threads made up of rerolls or forum posting accounts?

Lanrefni #16 Posted 08 September 2019 - 01:12 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 34919 battles

View PostNegativvv, on 08 September 2019 - 01:57 PM, said:

Why are most of the whine threads made up of rerolls or forum posting accounts?

Because attention deficiency.

Bordhaw #17 Posted 08 September 2019 - 01:19 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15319 battles

Considering myself a good player

I played medium tanks and after heavy tanks, mostly polish tanks, and my gameplay experience was not good. 

Inappropriate_noob #18 Posted 08 September 2019 - 02:20 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17519 battles

View PostCASSOLEA, on 08 September 2019 - 09:14 AM, said:

Hello sir, what i don't like is not the complete game. I like the idea, good mechanics, and environment is good, too. But why to torture myself if i'm not a masochist myself? I know key positions on maps, i always go that positions and fight enemy, but while i'm fighting the people around me, at least three artillery pieces and a number of "tank destroyers" are destroying me. This is exatly what i didn't like and what is the solution for this except leaving game?

With regards to arty, this Christmas the devs at WoT's, might get in a company party where lots of drunkenness is involved, and a some ideas might get swapped, in WoW's CV's (Aircraft Carriers) are seen with the same disdain as arty in WoT's, now the CV's are limited to one per team, one day, one day we may hope that this simple implementation will take place.

But alas with that in mind tanks now has wheelie bins, and Warships are soon to get subs, s don't hold your breath:D

Edited by NoobySkooby, 08 September 2019 - 02:21 PM.

WindSplitter1 #19 Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:46 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19479 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

Dear player,

Not sure how long you've been playing (I suspect this is an alt as you have displayed more knowledge than someone with that battle count), but surely, by know you have come to realize that the only classes that are advocated by your ilk are Heavy Tanks, above all else, ruling the phylosophy behind the concept "armour" and beneath, Medium Tanks.

This, in detriment of the remainder classes:

>LTs as cannon fodder

>TDs as pseudo-arty

>SPGs as misfits

As shocking as it might be, these do exist and have absolutely no reason to go away. And while I do concede that TDs, and their associated gameplay, is simply put TOXIC (even more than clickers), save for minor edits on both, Mediums are properly balanced for the most part.

And Heavy Tanks, generally speaking, already have HP, armour, maps, firepower and even the developers fighting on their favour: in other words, they already do half the battle for the player, which again, is poor design.

Hence, there's no reason to further facilitate and dumb down a class which already rewards clueless players and prevents them from being rightfully punished for the tremendous amount of stupid mistakes they insist repeating rather than learning by buffing such a class, which chokes the game with a stale, predictable and "locked" gameplay, as well as fostering that mentality onto the new players: that armour is king and meant to be impenetrable. It's not.

Sincerely,

A [mostly] reasonable "player"

GrannyPanties #20 Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:48 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1218 battles
Well I'm kinda a reroll but this is my only account on the EU server lol. My main still inactive on the Na server

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users