Jump to content


Getting EXP is working as intended.

exp

  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

WhoCares01 #21 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:43 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21353 battles
  • 741
  • Member since:
    04-21-2015

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 09 September 2019 - 11:10 AM, said:

Afaik, if you get an epic medal like Pascucci's or High Calibre you're credited the same amount of exp/credits as if you were on the winning team.

The so-called "Courageous Resistance" bonus.

 

So yes, performance is to an extend rewarded even if you lost.


Indeed, that's the case. The "Courageous Resistance" usually is also the reason for getting Ace tanker awards with apparently low base experience on defeats.


Edited by WhoCares01, 09 September 2019 - 12:44 PM.


Kartoshkaya #22 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:57 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27383 battles
  • 950
  • [HAPY-] HAPY-
  • Member since:
    01-01-2015

View PostBora_BOOM, on 09 September 2019 - 12:07 AM, said:

And about win EXP bonus. So, T49 "won" by being carried after yolo-dying. He got a bonus for a win that he contributed to by receiving 6 shots while firing 0 times. He got EXP for something that others did. EXP is gained by performance, and he was amazing, as usual:

 

So it's 6 tanks on reloads i can shoot safely. That may not be the case in your game but a move like that can make your team win.

 

Actually, i'd rather get a suicide scout doing 0 than a redline camping ht doing 1k at the end of the battle when he is alone vs 10.



Gremlin182 #23 Posted 09 September 2019 - 01:04 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 57876 battles
  • 9,515
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

A few changes would be a good idea, we have all had this work for and against us.

You do an initial run in a light tank and get caught out by a skilled or lucky player and blam you are out of the game.

Team wins and you get over 10k xp but average credits.

 

Do very well in a game and feel pretty pleased with the achievement but team loses, credits may be decent enough but XP not so much,

 



Homer_J #24 Posted 09 September 2019 - 02:33 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 32344 battles
  • 35,379
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostGremlin182, on 09 September 2019 - 01:04 PM, said:

A few changes would be a good idea, we have all had this work for and against us.

 

 

 

If you win more than you lose then it works in your favour overall.

 

Individual battles are irrelevant except at very low tiers.



Jauhesammutin #25 Posted 09 September 2019 - 03:18 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23608 battles
  • 976
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013

View PostBora_BOOM, on 09 September 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

Experience is something you get by performing, repeating, practicing, improving. Not in this case.

What I see above is nothing but a random coin toss bonus you get when you press Battle.

Yes, doing better means you will win more and you are "fine", but for the majority of players that can't break 50% (give or take) WR, EXP is just that - a lottery.

 

 

Getting a ~50% winrate is basically the same as tossing coin. You aren't influencing your battles. Why should you get rewarded from not influencing the outcome?

 

Once you start to improve and influence the battles you start winning and you get more rewards. 

 

There is the courageous resistance for "epic" battles.

 



Bora_BOOM #26 Posted 09 September 2019 - 03:43 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 28382 battles
  • 3,889
  • [DID0] DID0
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

View PostJauhesammutin, on 09 September 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

 

Getting a ~50% winrate is basically the same as tossing coin. You aren't influencing your battles. Why should you get rewarded from not influencing the outcome?

 

Once you start to improve and influence the battles you start winning and you get more rewards. 

 

There is the courageous resistance for "epic" battles.

 

 

Influencing the outcome? What was the influence of that T49?

 

I understand your point, but influencing is not like pressing the button and you are done (Ehm, it was for T49 tho, he pressed Battle, put his finger against W key and influenced his own uselessness).

The best influence for the win is doing (useful) damage, be active and kill tanks. Check on all 3 that battle. 

 

How exactly T49 did influence anything and I did not? I have lost, that is enough of a "punishment" for that battle, together with credits lost, and I am fine with both. But Exp wise, I got screwed in terms of personal result since out of 30 players 2 or 3 of them did better personally than I have.

 

Now, I need no Exp for IS7, and I have no problem getting enough when grinding so I don't complain. But that all does not mean calculations for Exp could not be done better.

 

Sure, removing Exp even for a shait game like T49 had, would cause grinds lasting forever for bad players, but rewarding games like the one I had same as bot 0 result is fecked up. 


Edited by Bora_BOOM, 09 September 2019 - 03:48 PM.


Jauhesammutin #27 Posted 09 September 2019 - 03:58 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23608 battles
  • 976
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013

View PostBora_BOOM, on 09 September 2019 - 02:43 PM, said:

 

Influencing the outcome? What was the influence of that T49?

 

I understand your point, but influencing is not like pressing the button and you are done (Ehm, it was for T49 tho, he pressed Battle, put his finger against W key and influenced his own uselessness).

The best influence for the win is doing (useful) damage, be active and kill tanks. Check on all 3 that battle. 

 

How exactly T49 did influence anything and I did not? I have lost, that is enough of a "punishment" for that battle, together with credits lost, and I am fine with both. But Exp wise, I got screwed in terms of personal result since out of 30 players 2 or 3 of them did better personally than I have.

 

Now, I need no Exp for IS7, and I have no problem getting enough when grinding so I don't complain. But that all does not mean calculations for Exp could not be done better.

 

Sure, removing Exp even for a shait game like T49 had, would cause grinds lasting forever for bad players, but rewarding games like the one I had same as bot 0 result is fecked up. 

 

Like I said, ~50% is a coin toss. Now the T49 got lucky, the next time he might lose.

That's the "base XP gain" for all players. T49 got the second lowest amount of XP on his team. So there is his contribution. Small reward for small effort.

 

You can't seriously be comparing winning team against losing team? You lost, he won. Deal with it.







Also tagged with exp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users