Jump to content


How do orders work on Excalibur missions?


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

mjs_89 #1 Posted 09 September 2019 - 10:11 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8520 battles
  • 858
  • [95137] 95137
  • Member since:
    08-16-2017

As of now I'm 5 missions away from unlocking the Excalibur, namely Union-12, Union-15, Bloc-7, Bloc-14 and Bloc-15. Basically, all I need to do now is get over those blocking missions.

I can get 2 orders for completing both Alliance-15 and Coalition-15 very soon, as I'm only missing 1 game each wich fulfills the secondary requirements (1 Ace and 1 game with 2+ Battle Heroes/Epic Medals).

Wich leads me to my question (look at the topic name now).

 

I have fulfilled the secondary requirements for both Bloc-14 and Union-7, if I spend an Order on one of those missions, will I get it back instantly since the order completes the primary objective and the secondary is already done?

 

 

I really hate blocking missions, and to be honest I'm not the best HT player out there, so I'd rather go hunt an Ace in some US LT than try to block damage in an O-I.

 

Thanks in advance for any helpful response.



PowJay #2 Posted 09 September 2019 - 10:16 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 39864 battles
  • 5,397
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012
No. You only get the Orders back if you complete the mission for real. As far as I know. Orders are only awarded for completing the "15" missions and can be redeemed against the other missions. THEN you can claim them back at a later date. This is how the First Campaign missions work, anyway. I have used one Order for Union 12 and I believe that I will need to complete the Primary objective to retrieve it. I can't check this minute, but I am as sure as I can be.

mjs_89 #3 Posted 09 September 2019 - 10:48 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8520 battles
  • 858
  • [95137] 95137
  • Member since:
    08-16-2017

View PostPowJay, on 09 September 2019 - 10:16 AM, said:

No. You only get the Orders back if you complete the mission for real. As far as I know. Orders are only awarded for completing the "15" missions and can be redeemed against the other missions. THEN you can claim them back at a later date. This is how the First Campaign missions work, anyway. I have used one Order for Union 12 and I believe that I will need to complete the Primary objective to retrieve it. I can't check this minute, but I am as sure as I can be.

 

 

That's the part I really don't get. How am I supposed to complete the primary if the order fulfills it for me? The old news announcement was no help either, it basically only mentions orders exist, nothing more. At this point my best guess would be that the order somehow resets the mission and I'd have to do the secondary once again, but that seems silly too.



PowJay #4 Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:12 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 39864 battles
  • 5,397
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012
After you have completed the Primary objective with an Order, then option then is to "Retrieve Order". If you use that option then the mission resets- it is still awarded- and you get the Order back when you complete the mission objective. I haven't done it yet with the Second Front, but that is what is against Union 12 for me at the moment.

Long_Range_Sniper #5 Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:39 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 37420 battles
  • 10,572
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

I know it's a matter of personal choice for individual players but I'd not advise using any orders until the 279(e). You may say to yourself "but I'm not good enough to get there", but if you're doing the campaign you're on the journey.

 

If you use an order to get the Excalibur or Chimera then you get short term gain for long term pain, because going back to retrieve an order is always harder.

 

Just grind the missions, improve at the game and the missions will come with time. They might just take a long time.



PowJay #6 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:22 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 39864 battles
  • 5,397
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 09 September 2019 - 10:39 AM, said:

I know it's a matter of personal choice for individual players but I'd not advise using any orders until the 279(e). You may say to yourself "but I'm not good enough to get there", but if you're doing the campaign you're on the journey.

 

If you use an order to get the Excalibur or Chimera then you get short term gain for long term pain, because going back to retrieve an order is always harder.

 

Just grind the missions, improve at the game and the missions will come with time. They might just take a long time.

I am under no illusion that I will get even the second tank. The only mission I have used Orders for is Union 12. This mission is a nightmare. I did the blocked damage once, and almost did it twice more but I have used an order to complete the Excalibur campaign and I can move on- eventually- to the Chimera with every other nation. I am still trying to obtain the other Orders at the moment but 2 medals/Ace Tanker is proving just about impossible recently.

 

The "15" missions for the Chimera are NOT going to happen. Cause 6,500 damage to enemy vehicles? I have NEVER done that in nearly 40,000 battles. My record is just over 6,000 and that is the only time I have ever done over 6K. 8,500 gun and assist damage? HA HA HA HA. And as for 10K blocked/gun/assist. :hiding:

 

I may as well take what I can get and be happy with it.



mjs_89 #7 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:26 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8520 battles
  • 858
  • [95137] 95137
  • Member since:
    08-16-2017

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 09 September 2019 - 11:39 AM, said:

I know it's a matter of personal choice for individual players but I'd not advise using any orders until the 279(e). You may say to yourself "but I'm not good enough to get there", but if you're doing the campaign you're on the journey.

 

If you use an order to get the Excalibur or Chimera then you get short term gain for long term pain, because going back to retrieve an order is always harder.

 

Just grind the missions, improve at the game and the missions will come with time. They might just take a long time.

 

Thanks for the (somewhat offtopic) advise, but I really can't be botherd to do blocking missions. Plus unlocking the Chimera missions gives me access to ecen more potential rewards.



Homer_J #8 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:28 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 32362 battles
  • 35,392
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Postmjs_89, on 09 September 2019 - 10:11 AM, said:

 

I have fulfilled the secondary requirements for both Bloc-14 and Union-7, if I spend an Order on one of those missions, will I get it back instantly since the order completes the primary objective and the secondary is already done?

No, you will still need to complete the primary properly, the system isn't that stupid.

 

Also if you select a new mission the secondary will be reset.

 

What tanks are you trying to do the mission with?  Low tiers are generally easier to do the 2x hitpoints missions, I bought back the O-I and didn't even retrain the crew for it.  Put yourself in a stupid position where you will get spotted and people will try to snipe you from a long way off.  Hide if you get arty attention or start taking damage.



Long_Range_Sniper #9 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:47 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 37420 battles
  • 10,572
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

View Postmjs_89, on 09 September 2019 - 11:26 AM, said:

 

Thanks for the (somewhat offtopic) advise, but I really can't be botherd to do blocking missions. Plus unlocking the Chimera missions gives me access to ecen more potential rewards.

 

This is 100% on topic advice.

 

You are going to use orders to spend on missions that you could do, might learn to do, but don't want to do. So if you skip them using orders then "whoo hoo" you get the Excalibur. Want to see mine?

 

Capture.jpg

 

Never played.

 

You will get to a point in the Chimera rewards when you will also be tempted to use orders to skip them and you will then regret using them on the Excalibur missions, and have to go back and do them anyway. So just do them now.

 

Any rewards you gain from getting to the Chimera in terms of credits or other goodies will vanish through normal gameplay within months. It was the same for the Object 260 which I also have.

 

You asked advice about whether you could release orders by doing missions. I'm advising you NOT to spend orders until you have literally finished the campaign and you wish to go no further. If you don't want to go for the 279e and can live with that then spend your orders on the Chimera to unlock all 15 missions for one strand by using three orders.

 

Using a single order for a single mission gets you over a tiny hurdle, but you will 100% feel the pain at a later date. 



Balc0ra #10 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:57 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 72848 battles
  • 20,704
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Postmjs_89, on 09 September 2019 - 10:11 AM, said:

I have fulfilled the secondary requirements for both Bloc-14 and Union-7, if I spend an Order on one of those missions, will I get it back instantly since the order completes the primary objective and the secondary is already done?

 

The first week you could. But it was fixed rather fast. But like with other missions, you have to do it with honors to get it back. As in the main objective too. You have done the secondary, but the main is still clear, until both are done you won't get it back. 



mjs_89 #11 Posted 09 September 2019 - 01:48 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8520 battles
  • 858
  • [95137] 95137
  • Member since:
    08-16-2017

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 09 September 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

 

This is 100% on topic advice.

 

You are going to use orders to spend on missions that you could do, might learn to do, but don't want to do. So if you skip them using orders then "whoo hoo" you get the Excalibur. Want to see mine?

 

Capture.jpg

 

Never played.

 

You will get to a point in the Chimera rewards when you will also be tempted to use orders to skip them and you will then regret using them on the Excalibur missions, and have to go back and do them anyway. So just do them now.

 

Any rewards you gain from getting to the Chimera in terms of credits or other goodies will vanish through normal gameplay within months. It was the same for the Object 260 which I also have.

 

You asked advice about whether you could release orders by doing missions. I'm advising you NOT to spend orders until you have literally finished the campaign and you wish to go no further. If you don't want to go for the 279e and can live with that then spend your orders on the Chimera to unlock all 15 missions for one strand by using three orders.

 

Using a single order for a single mission gets you over a tiny hurdle, but you will 100% feel the pain at a later date. 

 

I asked a "yes or no"-question. On-topic answers to such a question include "yes" and "no". Your answer, while being helpful and appreciated, was neither.

 

Anyways, as of now I have no plans to get the 279 or 260 as the missions for those are too demanding for me right now. I'll focus on getting the Excalibur, maybe try a little harder for the T55 afterwards but tbh everything afterwards would just be a bonus for me.

Besides, I'm not at the point where I should play tier X tanks so my desire for two tier X tanks of a class I don't like is rather small.

12:51 Added after 2 minute

View PostHomer_J, on 09 September 2019 - 12:28 PM, said:

No, you will still need to complete the primary properly, the system isn't that stupid.

 

Also if you select a new mission the secondary will be reset.

 

What tanks are you trying to do the mission with?  Low tiers are generally easier to do the 2x hitpoints missions, I bought back the O-I and didn't even retrain the crew for it.  Put yourself in a stupid position where you will get spotted and people will try to snipe you from a long way off.  Hide if you get arty attention or start taking damage.

 

For the bloc missions I have the O-I and Tiger 131, maybe the VK 30.02 M, that's surprisingly bouncy too.

For the union one I have a Defender, that worked once so far, sadly I died that battle so no x3 for me.

 

But I've heard that the tier 7+ TDs from both germany and ussr mightbe viable options to complete the missions.



fwhaatpiraat #12 Posted 09 September 2019 - 01:53 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 58602 battles
  • 1,772
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 09 September 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

 

This is 100% on topic advice.

 

You are going to use orders to spend on missions that you could do, might learn to do, but don't want to do. So if you skip them using orders then "whoo hoo" you get the Excalibur. Want to see mine?

 

Capture.jpg

 

Never played.

 

You will get to a point in the Chimera rewards when you will also be tempted to use orders to skip them and you will then regret using them on the Excalibur missions, and have to go back and do them anyway. So just do them now.

 

Any rewards you gain from getting to the Chimera in terms of credits or other goodies will vanish through normal gameplay within months. It was the same for the Object 260 which I also have.

 

You asked advice about whether you could release orders by doing missions. I'm advising you NOT to spend orders until you have literally finished the campaign and you wish to go no further. If you don't want to go for the 279e and can live with that then spend your orders on the Chimera to unlock all 15 missions for one strand by using three orders.

 

Using a single order for a single mission gets you over a tiny hurdle, but you will 100% feel the pain at a later date. 

You should also get an object 279 :)



Long_Range_Sniper #13 Posted 09 September 2019 - 01:59 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 37420 battles
  • 10,572
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

View Postmjs_89, on 09 September 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

I asked a "yes or no"-question. On-topic answers to such a question include "yes" and "no". Your answer, while being helpful and appreciated, was neither.

 

This community never ceases to amaze me. I'm used to people finding pedantic points to disagree with when you're debating an issue. But not when you're actually trying your best to help someone.

 

You crack on then and the very best of luck to you. I'll remember to stick to binary answers in future.

 

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 09 September 2019 - 12:53 PM, said:

You should also get an object 279 :)

 

Yes



splash_time #14 Posted 09 September 2019 - 02:18 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12847 battles
  • 406
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

You can complete the primary condition with orders, but to retrieve it, you must complete both of primary and secondary conditions.

And if your goal is just to reach Chimera, then gl, use the orders, but if you think that someday, you'll try to reach the bobject 279, then don't use your orders.



Homer_J #15 Posted 09 September 2019 - 02:30 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 32362 battles
  • 35,392
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Postmjs_89, on 09 September 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

 

But I've heard that the tier 7+ TDs from both germany and ussr mightbe viable options to complete the missions.

 

I used the tier 7 Russian TD, it's surprisingly easy to bounce 2x your hitpoints in it, just go up front with the mediums.  If you can get the secondary as well (survive IIRC) then you only have to do it twice I think.



mjs_89 #16 Posted 09 September 2019 - 02:35 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8520 battles
  • 858
  • [95137] 95137
  • Member since:
    08-16-2017

View Postsplash_time, on 09 September 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

You can complete the primary condition with orders, but to retrieve it, you must complete both of primary and secondary conditions.

And if your goal is just to reach Chimera, then gl, use the orders, but if you think that someday, you'll try to reach the bobject 279, then don't use your orders.

 

I suspect retrieving them will be easy enough later on. It was the same with the StuG missions for me.I had four orders ready and was only missing the HT-missions. After some thought I spent them and went on to work towards the HTC. And after a couple of months I had better tanks available and was a better player, not only did I retrieve the orders easily, I now have the whole StuG-campaign completed with honours. Those orders are currently spent on HT-15 for the T55, and at some point I'll surely get them back too.

 

As I mentioned earlier, not only are the 279 missions way too hard for me now, I also don't have the tanks needed to even attempt them. Bit if I have them someday, I'm sure I could get any orders spent on the Excalibur back easily. Plus, if I spent a single order to unlock Union-15 I have a shot to get an order that was previously unreachable, so I'll have no net loss of orders overall. That:s my train of thoughts anyways.

13:37 Added after 2 minute

View PostHomer_J, on 09 September 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

 

I used the tier 7 Russian TD, it's surprisingly easy to bounce 2x your hitpoints in it, just go up front with the mediums.  If you can get the secondary as well (survive IIRC) then you only have to do it twice I think.

 

As of now I completed zhe primary once out of the four times needed, secondary is done completely and gives a x3 multiplier, so ideally I'll only need one good game to get it. Would you say it's easier to grind the tier 7 SU (currently at tier 5, stock) and try that or am I better off/faster sticking to the Defender I already have?



Homer_J #17 Posted 09 September 2019 - 02:42 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 32362 battles
  • 35,392
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Postmjs_89, on 09 September 2019 - 02:35 PM, said:

 

 

As of now I completed zhe primary once out of the four times needed, secondary is done completely and gives a x3 multiplier, so ideally I'll only need one good game to get it. Would you say it's easier to grind the tier 7 SU (currently at tier 5, stock) and try that or am I better off/faster sticking to the Defender I already have?

If you can get people to shoot your Defender enough to get 2x your hitpoints then stick with it.  BTW, you still need to get the secondary in the same battle as the primary to get the multiplier, even though you have completed it overall.



Balc0ra #18 Posted 09 September 2019 - 03:13 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 72848 battles
  • 20,704
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Postmjs_89, on 09 September 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

But I've heard that the tier 7+ TDs from both germany and ussr mightbe viable options to complete the missions.

 

Yes, as top tier the SU-100M1 can block 2x rather easy. Just tease the side or go hull-down depending on what guns you face. The tier 7 German TD has a fair bit of effective armor "300+" if you park on a ridgeline pointing the gun in the air and tease guns to hit you. But tbh... that tactic did take a few games to get once, vs the SU that more or less did it every game. 



PowJay #19 Posted 09 September 2019 - 04:15 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 39864 battles
  • 5,397
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 09 September 2019 - 12:59 PM, said:

 

This community never ceases to amaze me. I'm used to people finding pedantic points to disagree with when you're debating an issue. But not when you're actually trying your best to help someone.

 

You crack on then and the very best of luck to you. I'll remember to stick to binary answers in future.

 

 

Yes

He asked a question which has been answered. I also have disagreed with your response on the grounds that I have- reasonably- NO chance of getting the Chimera, but once the Excalibur missions are complete, I at least have a chance at some missions and the rewards- by chance, or by design.

 

Your point that the tank is pretty much the only reward worth considering is valid, but I have no chance of getting that reward, so I will have to take what I can get.


In addition- using Orders now and completing the mission later to retrieve those rewards is no different to just doing the mission in the first place. The Secondary objective is just as achievable as the first, and I had already done Honors with regard to Union 12. I can surely do it again. My reasons for using Orders are that I have been able to obtain the Excalibur and will move on. I will attempt to retrieve the Order later because I can do it- I just can't be bothered.

 

I can't say that I agree with his response when you were offering opinion, but it's his thread and his question, I guess. :bajan:



kubawt112 #20 Posted 09 September 2019 - 06:18 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 3378 battles
  • 758
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Postmjs_89, on 09 September 2019 - 10:11 AM, said:

(...)

 

Yes. Or no. Or - both!

 

No, this was not helpful. Yes, it was the answers you were asking for.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users