Grille 15 or FV4005?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Grille vs FV4005 (50 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Which Is Currently The More Effective TD

1. Grille (36 votes [72.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.00%

2. FV4005 (14 votes [28.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.00%

Vote Hide poll

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:29 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 30631 battles

Hi All, 

Would hope to get both at some stage but since they're expensive and I don't run a premium account I will be just getting one of them for now... and even at that I will have to most likely sell some tanks or credit grind for a bit. The question is, which of these glass cannons is more effective around the maps and more effective at dealing the most damage and kills and carries.

Also, in general, what's your opinion on both of these big gun papery snipers. Apart from the big gun, what are there good points and what are there failings? Where do these tanks have the edge over something also hard hitting but armored like lets say the JP E100 for example, or a Bobject etc? Also you have the T100E brothers, are they more effective than those?

Thanks.

splash_time #2 Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:38 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12895 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

IMO, Grille is better than FV after the latest nerf, grille has speed, good camo, good pen for sure! And cheaper shells. FV is just "spam HESH to enjoy". And once you fire, you get spotted and you can't run away, why? 8 km/h reverse speed. 

Also, FV is good at one shooting and doing campaign missions (high calibre or x3 or x4 damage dealing). 

So, it depend on you.

If you want my personal opinion of the poll, go for Grille.

But out of these two options, T110E4 is the best choice, mediocre speed, excellent pen for both standard and gold, and decent armor.

Dava_117 #3 Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:40 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22512 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I would say that, as ambush TD the Grille15 looks more reliable. Sure, the FV4005 has the occasional oneshot meme, but IIRC from your precedent suggestion thread, you like reliable gun, and the german is better at this. 

FV has the turret advantage, but get far more attention when spotted.

But none of them has really an edge over some of the armoured TDs IMO. As a sniper the STRV103B looks better and the armoured casemate TD can  all hit more reliably due to the fact that they can close the distance.

About the T110E family, the E3 is quite solid and well armoured. The E4 IDK. Looks like an high pen E100, but can surely tell more in few month, after buying it. :)

Edited by Dava_117, 09 September 2019 - 11:41 AM.

Steiner011 #4 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43108 battles
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB
You can download test server client and try it both for free.

chainreact0r #5 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34660 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

The sh1tbarn used to be really good, but nowadays after the nerfs, the deathstar seems like the better choice. It might not be able to use a couple of -10 degrees positions, but the better accuracy and trollish armor makes up for the other disadvantages. In short i wouldn't recommend the sh1tbarn, but if you don't have the deathstar it's definitely a tank to go for just for the memes. One shotting a tank isn't even the best part about the HESH memes. The best part is when somebody peaks sideways on a corner on which you already one shotted somebody else 2 minutes ago.

I think when i was going for the t55a-260 missions, i used the grille 15 almost exclusively, except those x times your hp and lots of kills missions, for which i used the e-25.

I haven't played it much in the current meta, but it feels like a meh tank. Not great, not terrible, nothing special.

BTW, for the most accurate tank in the game, the gun trolls you a lot.

I only played the E3 to do the blocking missions for the 279, so i didn't play it "properly", if i can say so, however it felt like a really potent tank if you could position it right. If you can manage to bait people into shooting into your angled plate, or use terrain to increase the angle etc, it can work wonders, plus the gun is beautiful. A good tank for both stalling if you are outnumbered and pushing if you have the advantage.

Before i got the E4, everybody kept saying it's a better E-100 cause it has better pen, better mobility, camo, blah blah. It's not. For me, it feels like the most useless TD in the game. It has garbage depression and inadequate accuracy/aim time to snipe from the back, and also lacks the armor and HP to brawl. It's also too slow to pull the shenanigans you can pull with the skorpion sometimes, i.e. playing aggressively on the medium flank. All it has going for it is the really good gun, but the E3 is simply a better platform for that same gun which is better in every way(the gun), so this tank is completely obsolete in my opinion.

I can't make the bobject work for the life of me. I kept trying one day to do the union 15 for the chimera with honors with it, and it took me around 30 games to finally get a good game. All the other ones were 1-2k dmg and dead. It was either getting penned on every shot, or my gun simply refused to work. Plus on a lot of maps, there was literally nowhere to go, since the only choices were "depression area" lol and "point blank heavy area" where you get penned in the cupola every shot. Terrible tank in my opinion, both to fight with and against.

I postponed getting the Jageroo for a long time, since it has such a bad rep. Turns out i totally love it. Even though i got it after the sh1tbarn, i still loved the 1k alpha. Also the pen is a meme itself, since you get ridiculous green pen markers on stuff like the whole of the badger, kran turret, 279 upper plate, and a few other "armored" tanks which literally become paper. Also the armor works remarkably well, especially against people who refuse to shoot gold, or gold spamming bots. I remember i did some chimera mission that requires you to block 2x hp and do 2.5k dmg iirc in it. I blocked the damage 3 times, bot only in the third game i did the 2.5k.

lnfernaI #6 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:59 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33998 battles
missions aside, G15 and Jagdzilla. why? because they are consistent, and do not break the game, unlike some other... crap.

Mad_Ram #7 Posted 09 September 2019 - 01:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25980 battles

View PostSteiner011, on 09 September 2019 - 12:00 PM, said:

You can download test server client and try it both for free.

Sorry for my ignorance, where one can download test server client? Is it open to download like 24/7/365 days?

fwhaatpiraat #8 Posted 09 September 2019 - 01:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58696 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
T110E4. Kidding, the grille. Fv4005 is just really annoying to play. Every time one gets spotted and crawls backwards, I have a laugh. E4 looks really nice to me, but Jagdpz also. Played them on other accounts and I like them, although wished the e4 to be a bit faster.

Steiner011 #9 Posted 09 September 2019 - 01:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43108 battles
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB

View PostMad_Ram, on 09 September 2019 - 12:00 PM, said:

Sorry for my ignorance, where one can download test server client? Is it open to download like 24/7/365 days?

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/1-6-1-common-test/

Currently live. Scroll down to bottom of page where "TEST CLIENT" tab is. 

Balc0ra #10 Posted 09 September 2019 - 01:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72911 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Out of the two I would say Grille 15. It's more reliable in the ambush and damage aspect most games vs the FV.

Schepel #11 Posted 09 September 2019 - 01:48 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 65859 battles
If you don't run a premium account, the FV is out of the question. It only works with full premium ammo and food. it is more expensive to run than full premium arty. Otherwise, the Grille and the FV are equally useless in the vast majority of games. You may do some nice amounts of damage, but the carry potential of either TD is highly problematic. You need people to run into your gun, die properly and the rest of the enemy team needs to be nice enough to let you reload in peace and quiet. It happens, but it doesn't happen often. The FV, however, is pretty much the only regularly available tank in which you can do Chimera mission 15 for the UK. (The E4 may be an alternative, but it just doesn't have the lucky factor that the FV haves and which you badly need.)

TheDrownedApe #12 Posted 09 September 2019 - 02:39 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 49636 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

E4, Grille, FV, all have their USP and i do play them all. Well at the moment i don't due to TDs failing in TX MM but the E5 is currently the most forgiving as you can heavium it on most maps.

SlyMeerkat #13 Posted 09 September 2019 - 03:38 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18541 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
Both :)

vasilinhorulezz #14 Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:18 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28057 battles
Fv for memes Grille for efficiency I guess.

war4peace #15 Posted 09 September 2019 - 10:00 PM

Colonel

• Translator
  • 29755 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 09 September 2019 - 10:18 PM, said:

Fv for memes Grille for efficiency I guess.

Pretty much this.

Oldewolfe #16 Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:05 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 525 battles

I have the 4005, I have Driven the Grille....     Get the Grille, you'll be alot Happier....     

However, the Charioteer and Conway should not be Passed Up either, so I would suggest Grind Both, GET the Grille, Wait on the 4005....       Best of Both Worlds....

snowlywhite #17 Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:51 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24821 battles

grille is probably the best "snipping/glass cannon/whatever" td in tier 10 atm. You have speed to relocate, you can push if really needed(which you can't with strv). FV... was fun? :P

imho, bobject and fv were nerfed in the same way by WG. The feature that was the problem is still there(armor for bobject/1 shot if rng loves you in fv), but the tank also seems very frustrating to play with. The enemy hates you, you hate playing the tank. Win/win as per WG.

I looked  quite a lot at all td lines as I just hate td "gameplay", but I still want to do the stupid missions. The turretless ones seem... dunno why anyone would play them. And that's over half of the tds. strv is way way too passive as gameplay. E4 seems like a poor man's heavy.

For missions I thought fv is best(it's rng based and you'll get that "epic" battle sooner or later and get done with the mission). You obviously need a lot of rng: enemies stupid enough to peek when there are 1-2 locations you can be at on any given map; gun to actually hit where you aim. But... you only need one battle :P Grille otoh seems the only t10 td which I'd play without hatting it.

Problem is fv is a very enjoyable line to grind till tier 9. I tolerated/really liked everything from tier 5-8. Charioteer is a blast after you get the top gun(it's horrid before that). While grille seems like a horrid line to grind till tier 9.

Disclaimer: if the tank line doesn't do at least 40km/h by tier 8, don't call me. The only thing I play with speed below that is st1, but that's also for the stupid bouncing missions. As I don't have the nerve for "super heavy" gameplay, missions be damned.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #18 Posted 10 September 2019 - 02:29 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34113 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
FV4005 is a rich mans toy. If you're F2P you'll be much better off investing in the Grille. 

TungstenHitman #19 Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:55 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30631 battles

Fair points guys, I guess I'll take on the Guerrilla 15 first and I'm very close to unlocking that tank anyway compared to the FV grind in which I still haven't unlocked the Conway top gun but do have about 3 FV blueprints reducing the grind significantly. I think I will be really impressed with the G 15 though, for whatever failings it may have, reason being, I have been grinding away with the tier9 WT obviously and while I like that TD, it's a relatively slow and awkward TD with compromising gun depression and elevation characteristics to both guns which just makes it a weird and inflexible sort of a TD. It also has two gun choices, a high shell velocity, high pen sniper rifle which makes the tank a lot heavier and slower including the need to reverse attack targets most the time or a slow shell velocity, lower pen derpy big alpha gun which comes with its own limitations in gun positions etc along with a slower reload.

But with the G 15, it's like WG devs just said here, have bags more p/w, have a big top speed, have -7 deg frontally instead of that time consuming reversing attack bs and instead of a two gun choice headache, here's just one gun that does it all with the best of both the other two guns from tier9. Instead you will have the sniper rifle with the same high velocity shell speed and pen as before but you will also get the big alpha the same as the derp gun. The aim time is fast and accuracy looks good but I can already see the soft stats are much worse than the tier9 albeit one could argue that's because it moves much faster but none the less I guess I can expect it take about the same amount of time to fully aim as the tier9 sniper rifle does which is still pretty decent but not a click of the fingers which the aim time might suggest lol. I think I will like this tank. Thanks guys. 

Negativvv #20 Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13171 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

Neither? :amazed:

I compiled a small list of T9 and T10 keepers and neither tank was in it.

Although the FV would have been but I failed and bought a 24 million credit Death Star which I have played about 3 times with a 0% WR :trollface:

However I can see myself going Grille one day as otherwise that silly Xmas unique skin I spent too much money on will go to waste :coin:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users