Tired of "Gold" aka "Special" ammo? Tired of the game like is it now?

GOLD Ammo

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Pedro_Agnus #1 Posted 09 September 2019 - 04:50 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29922 battles
  • [S-D-G] S-D-G
Hi all,

I've been playing this for quite a few years now and..... When i start playing this the "gold" rounds were different and only available with actual Gold. Now you can get the so called "special" ammo for credits and in my opinion that was a MASSIVE MISTAKE!
Now i can't play a single Tier X ou IX battle where i'm not shot every single time with "Speacial" ammo all the time over and over again. I've made my own statistics and in the last 10 battles 87% of the times i got shot with "special" ammo. That's right!
Skill? No bother! Angle your tank? No bother! Nothing works because at some point your tank will be shot by some guy with premium account who don't care about credits (great majority) and the load out is ready to use "special ammo" all day long.
I'm honestly TIRED of this and the recent tank power creep is not helping.
I'm no longer buying premium tanks.... anything at all. I even got my dear beloved AMX CDC in the garage to remember me that all we needed a couple years ago was a gun and tracks working to have real fun. No longer!
Now is all about credits, OP premium tanks, premium accounts, "special ammo" and so on.... Is by far not a F2P game that make us have fun no matter what.

So i question myself: Do i actually like the game at is it now and do i enjoy playing it? NO!

Before i was kinda addicted to this.... But even not caring about WN8 and so on.... I can't enjoy this when we have Frankesteins (aka Obj 279e) in the battle.... WTF! There's TOO MANY THINGS WRONG NOW!

Well, whats your toughts about the game now? Do you enjoy playing it?

All the best guys!;)

Best regards.

splash_time #2 Posted 09 September 2019 - 05:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13532 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPedro_Agnus, on 09 September 2019 - 07:20 PM, said:

All the best guys!;)

Best regards.

Actually yeah, i just won a game without shooting a single "special" ammo as you call it. ;D

and you just noticed this? WG have announced that they'll release a new update in future, "special ammo rebalancing".

wait and this all will change. ( if they even work on that :D )

staurinsh #3 Posted 09 September 2019 - 05:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34717 battles
I still cant understand why tier 10 td need gold.

Pedro_Agnus #4 Posted 09 September 2019 - 05:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29922 battles
  • [S-D-G] S-D-G

View Poststaurinsh, on 09 September 2019 - 04:03 PM, said:

In case the player don't know how to aim? :teethhappy:

NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 09 September 2019 - 05:07 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34552 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
A soggy potato can pen CDC. Just don't get shot, it makes gold rounds 100% ineffective. 

Pedro_Agnus #6 Posted 09 September 2019 - 05:11 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29922 battles
  • [S-D-G] S-D-G

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 09 September 2019 - 04:07 PM, said:

A soggy potato can pen CDC. Just don't get shot, it makes gold rounds 100% ineffective. 

Is seat in the garage... I'm no longer playing it! Is almost useless in nowadays WOT... The role is a "support medium tank" which is a big paper box and the gun is not shinning as it used to shine before all changes that occured in the game. There's many other tanks now doing the same and better...
But the post is not about CDC :unsure: but deserves a new topic... Something like: "What's the point of having a CDC in our garage?" ahha

Edited by Pedro_Agnus, 09 September 2019 - 05:13 PM.

ChristOfTheAbyss #7 Posted 09 September 2019 - 05:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 251 battles
Prem ammo is needed as long as overbuffed armour exists in the game. If they could have penned you with normal ammo, it doesnt matter at all that they penned you with prem ammo.

Dorander #8 Posted 09 September 2019 - 05:53 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View Poststaurinsh, on 09 September 2019 - 04:03 PM, said:

If there was a chance, especially a good chance, that they wouldn't have penetrated you without it, that's your answer.

4nt #9 Posted 09 September 2019 - 05:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29691 battles
Funny, haven't fired single round of prem in a week and still on positive wr. Funny how these things go.

Edited by 4nt, 09 September 2019 - 05:57 PM.

Stevies_Team #10 Posted 09 September 2019 - 06:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14924 battles

View Poststaurinsh, on 09 September 2019 - 05:03 PM, said:

Gives you more chance against TROLL RNG

You rarely get a second chance at tier 10

kubawt112 #11 Posted 09 September 2019 - 06:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

The silly thing is that it's, generally, a superior option except for cost. Sometimes it's not even about the penetration values, it's to get the shell speed - which on some tanks make a big difference, and even more if you're rather used to high-tier guns and play T8 for the heck of it.

Anyway, I'd love to see a rebalance.

First on the agenda is however to offer viable options for using 'standard' ammo, like weakspots and flanking opportunities.

Second is to figure out that combining superior penetration and shell velocity is silly. I'd accept the opposite, though it makes zero sense.

How it actually should be done, in terms of cost and damage, I wouldn't know for sure. Perhaps nothing has to be done if a player can use his abilities to win a duel, even against someone firing premium ammo. Don't really see that happening, though.

Bordhaw #12 Posted 09 September 2019 - 06:48 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15319 battles

View PostPedro_Agnus, on 09 September 2019 - 03:50 PM, said:

Hi all,

I've been playing this for quite a few years now and..... When i start playing this the "gold" rounds were different and only available with actual Gold. Now you can get the so called "special" ammo for credits and in my opinion that was a MASSIVE MISTAKE!
Now i can't play a single Tier X ou IX battle where i'm not shot every single time with "Speacial" ammo all the time over and over again. I've made my own statistics and in the last 10 battles 87% of the times i got shot with "special" ammo. That's right!
Skill? No bother! Angle your tank? No bother! Nothing works because at some point your tank will be shot by some guy with premium account who don't care about credits (great majority) and the load out is ready to use "special ammo" all day long.
I'm no longer buying premium tanks.... anything at all. I even got my dear beloved AMX CDC in the garage to remember me that all we needed a couple years ago was a gun and tracks working to have real fun. No longer!
Now is all about credits, OP premium tanks, premium accounts, "special ammo" and so on.... Is by far not a F2P game that make us have fun no matter what.

So i question myself: Do i actually like the game at is it now and do i enjoy playing it? NO!

Before i was kinda addicted to this.... But even not caring about WN8 and so on.... I can't enjoy this when we have Frankesteins (aka Obj 279e) in the battle.... WTF! There's TOO MANY THINGS WRONG NOW!

All the best guys!;)

Best regards.

Nobody cares...

XxKuzkina_MatxX #13 Posted 09 September 2019 - 07:17 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles
Let's know your opinion when the upcoming ammo changes hit the live server!

ChristOfTheAbyss #14 Posted 09 September 2019 - 07:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 251 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 09 September 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

Let's know your opinion when the upcoming ammo changes hit the live server!

Gonna be fun driving around with 279e. 

PayMore #15 Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28203 battles

Just treat all you tanks except russian tanks like Leopard 1, and the game will be allright. 

Ebr equals russian tanks

XxKuzkina_MatxX #16 Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:20 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

View PostChristOfTheAbyss, on 09 September 2019 - 10:48 PM, said:

Gonna be fun driving around with 279e. 

The 279e is problematic either way but significantly changing the HP, alpha, HE damage, personal missions and the game economy to solve an insignificant issue in my opinion is a waste of time and resources. Delaying much more important balance decisions because of that is also problematic. It's the 'HD rocks' syndrome all over again, when someone or some people take over the development and tunnel vision over the lesser issues.

BravelyRanAway #17 Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24528 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

Hi all,

I've been playing this for quite a few years now and..... When i start playing this the "gold" rounds were different and only available with actual Gold. 

When did 'Gold ammo' become available for credits?...was it 2012 or 2013......because it certainly wasn't in 2015.

splash_time #18 Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13532 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post4nt, on 09 September 2019 - 08:27 PM, said:

Funny, haven't fired single round of prem in a week and still on positive wr. Funny how these things go.

Exactly. :)

But some people smap HEAT and lose WR!!! :D

_Woopzy_ #19 Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8762 battles

Hi all,

All the best guys!;)

Best regards.

There's nothing wrong with the game! It's perfectly coded and balanced! It's you that is not good enough! (I love sarcasm and irony) :facepalm:

splash_time #20 Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13532 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Many options are available for limiting gold spam, easiest way IMO is to add weight to shells, and add heavier weight for gold shells.

And set a specific weight limits ( like tracks) for each tank.

Also tagged with GOLD, Ammo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users