Impossible to play

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

NoobySkooby #1 Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:39 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16975 battles
  • [D3NK] D3NK

Sniper mode unless I am in this I cannot hit a thing, is there away you can go from sniper mode to normal using the mouse only?

Talking of mice, is there any way you can entirely control the vehicle using the mouse and not relying on the WASD keys, why you may ask would you ask this?

Well...

Go to turn left,hit the frigging caps lock key, in fact Q E F X keys all get hit by accident, this ofc makes 99.9% tanks impossible to play with the game being as fast paced as it is, tried the  arrows method of controlling tanks,totally unnatural.

I am out of ideas

Babbet_1 #2 Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13934 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

1: I use the mouse wheel, which gives me normal view, sniper view and all stages in between. Still can't hit anything though!  :amazed:

2: I use arrow keys for driving, but there again, I am a southpaw so WASD is totally unnatural for me. Guess I'm just one of nature's occud buggers!  :rolleyes:

NoobySkooby #3 Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:24 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16975 battles
  • [D3NK] D3NK

Watched QB's vid on set up etc, of some use I guess

23:29 Added after 4 minute
I have come to the conclusion it is world of watching YouTube vids, thousands out there and maybe 5% knowledge gained, reason, random battles, what you see in one vid for one (any given tank) will not and cannot be repeated when you take your tank out.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 10 September 2019 - 02:30 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34085 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Rebind sniper mode key to your right mouse button. 

ChristOfTheAbyss #5 Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 251 battles
Uhm, just keep your fingers on WASD keys, that way you wont miss them...

Tealo #6 Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:22 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 42822 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

View PostNoobySkooby, on 09 September 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

Sniper mode unless I am in this I cannot hit a thing, is there away you can go from sniper mode to normal using the mouse only?

Talking of mice, is there any way you can entirely control the vehicle using the mouse and not relying on the WASD keys, why you may ask would you ask this?

Well...

Go to turn left,hit the frigging caps lock key, in fact Q E F X keys all get hit by accident, this ofc makes 99.9% tanks impossible to play with the game being as fast paced as it is, tried the  arrows method of controlling tanks,totally unnatural.

I am out of ideas

You could always try a Mini Game Pad fully programable, Can turn certian keys off and the keys are bigger:

https://www.howtogee...gamepads-a-try/

https://www.amazon.c...E7725Q5P9FFH51Q

Ceeb #7 Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:20 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 32587 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 10 September 2019 - 01:30 AM, said:

This, Every 1st person game I've played has the right mouse as sniper mode

Edited by Ceeb, 10 September 2019 - 07:21 AM.

Jauhesammutin #8 Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:36 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23608 battles
  • [FAUF] FAUF

View PostNoobySkooby, on 09 September 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

Well...

I am out of ideas

Bind the sniper mode from shift to right mouse. That's what I did on day 1. You can use the scroll to switch between Zooms and right mouse to enter/exit sniper mode.

For the second part I can't help. Sounds like you have some problems with your left hand?

Babbet_1 #9 Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13934 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostJauhesammutin, on 10 September 2019 - 07:36 AM, said:

Bind the sniper mode from shift to right mouse. That's what I did on day 1. 

But then you lose the ability to have a look round without moving your turret (assuming you have one), as that defaults to the Rh mouse button. I know there is a way to rebind that, but it's not as simple as changing something in the controls menu.

My mouse gives me the option to click the scroll wheel, to go straight to sniper view, or rotate to give intermediate views.

Thought most basic mice were like that these days? :sceptic:

Also, you need to find another key to use for target lock, as that also defaults to RMB.

Edited by Babbet_1, 10 September 2019 - 07:58 AM.

Jauhesammutin #10 Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23608 battles
  • [FAUF] FAUF

View PostBabbet_1, on 10 September 2019 - 06:53 AM, said:

But then you lose the ability to have a look round without moving your turret (assuming you have one), as that defaults to the Rh mouse button. I know there is a way to rebind that, but it's not as simple as changing something in the controls menu.

My mouse gives me the option to click the scroll wheel, to go straight to sniper view, or rotate to give intermediate views.

Yeah that's something they haven't added still to this day. I have no idea why.

Locking turret still binds to R mouse even though your sniper mode is also on it.

I use MMB for autoaim.

prskanje #11 Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:32 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2766 battles
  • [G-B-U] G-B-U

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 10 September 2019 - 02:30 AM, said:

That's actually a very nice idea.

Captain_Kremen0 #12 Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:39 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 39141 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostCeeb, on 10 September 2019 - 06:20 AM, said:

Except when they brought in that stupid hide behind a rock crouch bollocks.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #13 Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:32 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34085 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostBabbet_1, on 10 September 2019 - 07:53 AM, said:

Also, you need to find another key to use for target lock, as that also defaults to RMB.

If you hold right it still lets you track your viewpoint around. I use MMB for target lock and I've got a couple thumb buttons that are setup as medkit/repairkit. If someone takes my tracks off at speed I can literally thumb them back on before the tank has slid to halt. :)

Retro_Drops #14 Posted 10 September 2019 - 11:39 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4836 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

You just rebind to the scroll wheel click. 

Right mouse button would be useless as you cant use it to look around.

Mimos_A #15 Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:12 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29141 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH
If you tend to butterfinger that badly with your left hand, either get another keyboard, calm down while playing or get your hand checked out.

Edited by Mimos_A, 10 September 2019 - 12:19 PM.

NoobySkooby #16 Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:31 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16975 battles
  • [D3NK] D3NK

View PostCeeb, on 10 September 2019 - 07:20 AM, said:

I will give that a try,thanks

11:40 Added after 9 minute

View PostTealo, on 10 September 2019 - 05:22 AM, said:

You could always try a Mini Game Pad fully programable, Can turn certian keys off and the keys are bigger:

https://www.howtogee...gamepads-a-try/

https://www.amazon.c...E7725Q5P9FFH51Q

Another good idea, cheers

11:48 Added after 17 minute

View PostJauhesammutin, on 10 September 2019 - 07:36 AM, said:

Bind the sniper mode from shift to right mouse. That's what I did on day 1. You can use the scroll to switch between Zooms and right mouse to enter/exit sniper mode.

For the second part I can't help. Sounds like you have some problems with your left hand?

Problem I have is I hit the caps lock key, instead of the A,as I have just read on the net.

'Keyboards aren’t designed to play games…but most PC games are designed to be played on keyboards. It’s an interesting bit of evolutionary dissonance in the world of PC gaming, from back when people actually worked on computers and games were a secondary consideration.

Another link provided above led me to amazon, and numeric keypads, thought of giving that a go using the arrows as a replacement for WASD keys,might very well look into that.

​Never tried or got into actual gaming mice either, although to me they look a tad complicated.

fwhaatpiraat #17 Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58602 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Besides the rebinding of sniper mode to the RMB, you could buy a mouse meant for RTSs or MMOs. Those have some buttons that you can control with your (right) thumb. Seems to be interfere with your aim though. I have a more normal mouse with 2 buttons over there. I rebinded it to clicking the scroll wheel/mmb, and use it for handbrake in WoT. The other button as 'cntrl + w', but no function in wot.

Have you considered an ergonomical keyboard? If you get a new one, make sure there is no extra column with bttons on the left. Imo, that is really annoying for hitting the tab, caps, shift and control keys.

Also, considered a playstation or xbox controller? If you rebind the d-pad to wasd, you can control them with your (left) thumb.

Last one, don't know what goes wrong exactly, but maybe you need a keyboard with mechanical keys that give tactile feedback if you press it? This way you know exactly when you press a key. If yes, look for brown (non-clicky) or blue (clicky) switches.

Edit: A gaming mouse, or a more expensive non-gaming mouse offers a lot of comfort imo. Obviously doesn't need rgb lights. I really like the shape of my mouse, and compared to the 'normal' cheap ones, it feels so much better, no cramped hand, 2 extra buttons and a better sensor. Mice like in the images below are terrible imo, not just for gaming, but also for work or whatever you use your pc for. And a wrist rest for your keyboard might be comfortable, depends per person. Edit: Those mini mice for laptops are beyond aids btw, those hurt when you look at them.

Edited by fwhaatpiraat, 10 September 2019 - 01:11 PM.

Jauhesammutin #18 Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23608 battles
  • [FAUF] FAUF

View PostNoobySkooby, on 10 September 2019 - 11:31 AM, said:

'Keyboards aren’t designed to play games…but most PC games are designed to be played on keyboards. It’s an interesting bit of evolutionary dissonance in the world of PC gaming, from back when people actually worked on computers and games were a secondary consideration.

Another link provided above led me to amazon, and numeric keypads, thought of giving that a go using the arrows as a replacement for WASD keys,might very well look into that.

​Never tried or got into actual gaming mice either, although to me they look a tad complicated.

Why don't you just keep your fingers on WASD? Do you have to take them off all the time?

Some keyboards have a little dent in the CAPSLOCK so you can't accidentally press it while pressing A. For example this one: https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gaming-keyboards/g613-wireless-mechanical-gaming-keyboard.html

12:02 Added after 1 minute

View PostRetro_Drops, on 10 September 2019 - 10:39 AM, said:

You just rebind to the scroll wheel click. 

Right mouse button would be useless as you cant use it to look around.

Yes you can. Hold it for looking around and click it for sniper view. Has been working for me since I started playing WoT.

NoobySkooby #19 Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:15 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16975 battles
  • [D3NK] D3NK

View PostJauhesammutin, on 10 September 2019 - 01:00 PM, said:

Why don't you just keep your fingers on WASD? Do you have to take them off all the time?

Some keyboards have a little dent in the CAPSLOCK so you can't accidentally press it while pressing A. For example this one: https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gaming-keyboards/g613-wireless-mechanical-gaming-keyboard.html

12:02 Added after 1 minute

Yes you can. Hold it for looking around and click it for sniper view. Has been working for me since I started playing WoT.

I must admit I am using a bog standard keyboard, so when I hit the A key, my finger catches the caps lock key too, whilst it is good for typing etc, not so good for gaming as there is no space at all between the caps lock  and A key as there might be on a proper gaming keyboard, but then they cost a lot of money, already been on Amazon buying this that and the other, so a dedicated keyboard is a luxury I cannot yet afford.

Captain_Kremen0 #20 Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:07 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 39141 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostNoobySkooby, on 10 September 2019 - 11:31 AM, said:

I will give that a try,thanks

11:40 Added after 9 minute

Another good idea, cheers

11:48 Added after 17 minute

Problem I have is I hit the caps lock key, instead of the A,as I have just read on the net.

Funny though that when they tried to integrate 1st person shooters betwixt PC and XBOX Microsoft quietly shelved it because the PC players royally kicked xbox behind to a frankly embarrassing degree.

EDIT:

see also Auto Aim and that crouch bollocks I mentioned early - both console mechanics to jizz up the fact that their controls suckled the balls of a thousand camels.

Edited by Captain_Kremen0, 11 September 2019 - 10:09 AM.

Also tagged with Impossible to play

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users