Win rate

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Hamsterkicker #41 Posted 11 September 2019 - 02:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38293 battles
  • [KWAAK] KWAAK

This is the most common mistake made "I always feel under pressure in the Skorp to do "magical things". End up rushing and being too aggressive too many times. Got to be more observant and make sure my shots are good."  The Skorpion definitely is OP by the combination of big alpha and high mobility, but positioning is the key.  Stealth though is not its best quality, nor is armor. So, the first thing that happens when you get spotted is that you become prime target for anyone that has a HE-shell loaded.  If I am in an arty and see a Skorpion or Waffentrager spotted that will be my prime juicy target to hit and even worth a blind shot.

I understand your point about the clan, cuz  having fun with friends can not be beaten. Nevertheless I have switched around a bit from competitive to completely non-competitive clans and mostly the guys understand very well that you want to try out something different and are just happy that you are back. 

Lagalaza #42 Posted 11 September 2019 - 03:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10198 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW

View PostHamsterkicker, on 11 September 2019 - 01:56 PM, said:

This is the most common mistake made "I always feel under pressure in the Skorp to do "magical things". End up rushing and being too aggressive too many times. Got to be more observant and make sure my shots are good."  The Skorpion definitely is OP by the combination of big alpha and high mobility, but positioning is the key.  Stealth though is not its best quality, nor is armor. So, the first thing that happens when you get spotted is that you become prime target for anyone that has a HE-shell loaded.  If I am in an arty and see a Skorpion or Waffentrager spotted that will be my prime juicy target to hit and even worth a blind shot.

I understand your point about the clan, cuz  having fun with friends can not be beaten. Nevertheless I have switched around a bit from competitive to completely non-competitive clans and mostly the guys understand very well that you want to try out something different and are just happy that you are back. 

Running out of likes so I'll give this a :great:

fwhaatpiraat #43 Posted 11 September 2019 - 03:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 59586 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostLagalaza, on 11 September 2019 - 02:33 PM, said:

Cant find where the forumites channel is or how to find it. Any helpers?

Somewhere in the bottom left of the screen in garage, there is a button for 'chats' or something like that. You have to search for the channel 'forumites' and use the password. Kinda remarkable that the group chat function is still around: it's very old and not used by many.

Flicka #44 Posted 11 September 2019 - 03:45 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23427 battles
  • [CELL] CELL
This whole thread should really be pinned, this is all gold right here, and one of the examples what MMO games should be.

JocMeister #45 Posted 11 September 2019 - 04:12 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28006 battles

Rushed my post in the end because I had to go bed. Too old to be up after 22. :trollface:

As I said I think you are suffering a bit of "trying too hard" right now and that might make you frustrated and stressed out. But remember that 8k battles is not much in WoT and experience and willingness to learn is the only way to become better and improve. 

You can learn a lot by watching streamers and Youtube. Some like skill4ltu often explains his thoughtprocess while playing which can be very helpful: https://www.twitch.tv/skill4ltu

Personally I learned a lot when I was a new player by watching Zevens replay reviews: https://www.youtube.com/user/ZevenNA

I also saw someone mentioning to play Strongholds to improve. That won´t help you get better in randoms though. Clanwars and Randoms are two completely different games. I´m a pretty solid player in Randoms but I am an absolute disaster in CWs. 

Lagalaza #46 Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10198 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW

Its only two days but everything is certainly making more sense. A lot more spotting being done and more appreciation of the value of view range. Still a long way to go but feeling happier about how I contribute in battles, where I go and maintaining mobility and saving HP.

I really cannot say thank-you enough.

:great::great::great:

Lagalaza #47 Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10198 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW

Just had to put this replay up. My first Radley-Walter's owes so much to all the advice, particularly about assessing how to be effective in every battle and to make decisions, not procrastinate.

Thank-you all for this...

Oh and please ignore the bit at the end where I drive around aimlessly, the battle was won and I was too busy thumping the table with delight after the eighth kill.. :izmena:  :teethhappy:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5027159#ghost_town-lagalaza-pz_kpfw_v_iv

Edited by Lagalaza, 14 September 2019 - 04:44 PM.

jabster #48 Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12754 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostLagalaza, on 14 September 2019 - 03:28 PM, said:

Just had to put this replay up. My first Radley-Walter's owes so much to all the advice, particularly about assessing how to be effective in every battle and to make decisions, not procrastinate.

Thank-you all for this...

Oh and please ignore the bit at the end where I drive around aimlessly, the battle was won and I was too busy thumping the table with delight after the eigth kill.. :izmena:  :teethhappy:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5027159#ghost_town-lagalaza-pz_kpfw_v_iv

Congrats

NUKLEAR_SLUG #49 Posted 14 September 2019 - 10:33 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34294 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostLagalaza, on 14 September 2019 - 04:28 PM, said:

Good stuff. Pools next, crack on! 

Also tagged with Win rate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users