Win or loose. Is it decided when you logg into?

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

Jauhesammutin #181 Posted 18 September 2019 - 12:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23607 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View PostWhoIsTheMaster, on 18 September 2019 - 10:52 AM, said:

Anyway, I made shot towards ebr with 53TP. You know ebr is really fast. Anyway, he turned same time when I shot, so he basically flinched away from my shot, and then quess what, my shell followed ebr. Like it was clearly seen in sniper mode, that my shell followed ebr.
Then I had propably one of my best games so far. I made 6,86k dmg and 1500 spotting. As last man standing, killed 4 enemy tanks(2 of them blind shots) 8 kills total, but still lost because of enemy cap. I really would have had this replay. Tank was Wf auf.

And then you woke up and started ¤%posting on the forums?

WhoIsTheMaster #182 Posted 18 September 2019 - 04:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12575 battles

View PostBaldrickk, on 18 September 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

You mean my analyser? Sorry, maybe it was you. I am not keepin on track anymore.

Well I made it open source so anyone can look at what a mess wonderful piece of code it is. Had enyone inspected it til today?

It looks at matchmaking though, not shot RNG.  Well... this explains lot of things. And this is one way to present data as you like. Actually I cant complain about your analyser, if  it alayses data that I have no complains on to.  I have no idea how hard it might be to analyse RNG.
I personally have'nt made any complaints about MM, so yeah, end of story with that analyser :D

View PostJauhesammutin, on 18 September 2019 - 12:28 PM, said:

And then you woke up and started ¤%posting on the forums? No. I posted about week(?) ago.  Shooting that ebr made me thinking that proveing my point is... pointless. it is always luck. Theese thing just happened 2 days ago, reading from today. Second game was'nt complaint at all. It was just that how fking badly I would lik to see my own achievement. I was still quite happy with that. I made more dmg than enemy team two hightest dmg made players combined. It would be nice to see same gameplay from multi perspectives.

Dorander #183 Posted 18 September 2019 - 04:16 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View PostWhoIsTheMaster, on 18 September 2019 - 03:00 PM, said:

I have no idea how hard it might be to analyse RNG.

Luckily for you these things get done on occasion by enthusiastic players.

http://forum.worldof...rsion-accuracy/

http://forum.worldof...curacy-updated/

http://forum.worldof...numbers-inside/

http://forum.worldof...k-maths-inside/

And yeah, you can't say from a single situation that something isn't simple luck. The only method to prove rigging is by providing examples that can't be explained by what we know from mechanics and show these things occur consistently, not to mention on some personal level. Which means people have to put the work in rather than come on the forum and complain that they saw something impossible when all they saw is a single example of something improbable.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #184 Posted 18 September 2019 - 06:47 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33821 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostWhoIsTheMaster, on 18 September 2019 - 04:00 PM, said:

No. I posted about week(?) ago.  Shooting that ebr made me thinking that proveing my point is... pointless. it is always luck. Theese thing just happened 2 days ago, reading from today. Second game was'nt complaint at all. It was just that how fking badly I would lik to see my own achievement. I was still quite happy with that. I made more dmg than enemy team two hightest dmg made players combined. It would be nice to see same gameplay from multi perspectives.

This is why most rigging claims are pointless. If it's impossible to tell the difference between a rigged shot and one that was just extremely lucky/unlucky there no basis for assuming the worst. 

Take your shot on that EBR. Yes the shell might have curved the exact right way to hit him, but did it still land inside your reticle? Because so long as the shell is inside the reticle it is breaking no game rules. Maybe you just got lucky your shell went that way, maybe the EBR was just unlucky to make the turn he did at the exact wrong moment for him. 

spamhamstar #185 Posted 18 September 2019 - 07:30 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [WIKD] WIKD

View Postjabster, on 15 September 2019 - 12:18 PM, said:

You didn’t just ask if anyone had the same experience, you claimed you’d analysed your battles and believed there was a mathematical order. So far you failed to even explain how you drew that conclusion.

C'mon Jabster, you of all people know how this works by now. 

He has indisputable proof about this, just not in a format that he's able to share with any of the rest of us.  As he's clearly an upstanding fellow we should just accept his word for this & completely ignore our own experiences of the game or any evidence we may have seen to the contrary.  This is the forum.

BTW my maus can fly but I forgot to save the replays :amazed:

Dorander #186 Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:44 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View Postspamhamstar, on 18 September 2019 - 06:30 PM, said:

C'mon Jabster, you of all people know how this works by now. 

He has indisputable proof about this, just not in a format that he's able to share with any of the rest of us.  As he's clearly an upstanding fellow we should just accept his word for this & completely ignore our own experiences of the game or any evidence we may have seen to the contrary.  This is the forum.

BTW my maus can fly but I forgot to save the replays :amazed:

No worries. There's pictures:

Baldrickk #187 Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32165 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDorander, on 18 September 2019 - 04:16 PM, said:

Luckily for you these things get done on occasion by enthusiastic players.

http://forum.worldof...rsion-accuracy/

http://forum.worldof...curacy-updated/

http://forum.worldof...numbers-inside/

http://forum.worldof...k-maths-inside/

And yeah, you can't say from a single situation that something isn't simple luck. The only method to prove rigging is by providing examples that can't be explained by what we know from mechanics and show these things occur consistently, not to mention on some personal level. Which means people have to put the work in rather than come on the forum and complain that they saw something impossible when all they saw is a single example of something improbable.

I should save this post so I don't have to search for the links in the future...

Maybe a canonical evidence thread to wrap everything, past and future up together?

Edited by Baldrickk, 18 September 2019 - 09:53 PM.

Dorander #188 Posted 18 September 2019 - 10:13 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View PostBaldrickk, on 18 September 2019 - 08:52 PM, said:

I should save this post so I don't have to search for the links in the future...

Maybe a canonical evidence thread to wrap everything, past and future up together?

That would help, would save me some googling as well. Or browsing through your posts looking for your analyser thread :P

Baldrickk #189 Posted 19 September 2019 - 07:34 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32165 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDorander, on 18 September 2019 - 10:13 PM, said:

That would help, would save me some googling as well. Or browsing through your posts looking for your analyser thread :P

That one's easy. 

I got it linked in the OP of the pinned matchmaker thread :)

Edited by Baldrickk, 19 September 2019 - 07:35 AM.

spamhamstar #190 Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:00 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [WIKD] WIKD

View PostBaldrickk, on 19 September 2019 - 06:34 AM, said:

That one's easy. 

I got it linked in the OP of the pinned matchmaker thread :)

I'm surprised you're allowed to post the word "analyser" given the problems mods have with "oxymoron".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users